rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Instagram Datasheet

Instagram Datasheet

I'm posting this in the lifestyle forum for these reasons:

Instagram should be a tool you use to show everyone you're a cool, interesting, and engaging person.

It should be something used to "demonstrate higher value" (to put it in game terms) but also to add a dimension to you that tells a story that resonates with people that see you.

First, the reason I'm posting this is because while many of the guys here on this forum live interesting lives, your instagram pages are horrible. No offense to QC but I had to unfollow him for reasons I'll explain below.

Whether you want to grow your following or just have an impressive and interesting IG, you do basically the same things.

Growing a following is a good way to get free shit, or learn about exclusive parties, get invitations to events etc etc. I even had a former Playboy Playmate private message me which led to us hanging out (unfortunately I was living with a girl and couldn't ever get the bang).

That number right now is about 5000+ followers and you should be able to grow it to that in about a year or two but it takes a few things:

1) Post different content, and do at least one photo per day.

I unfollowed QC because he floods IG feed with the same or similar photos, this is how you lose followers. No matter how interesting the place you are in or what you are taking a photo of is, no one wants to see 6 photos in their feed of the same or slightly different photograph. If you really feel that all of these photos are so amazing, use the layout feature to add several photos in one post. Keep in mind however what the larger thumbnails look like. If someone sees a bunch of layout photos in thumbnails on your IG, they are less likely to go through them to see what you have there.

So for example, if you are taking a photo of your dinner (this is played out btw) and there are 5 courses, do not post a separate photo of each course. Use the layout and add them all in that.

Also, change the photo up from one to the next. This is what I mean by posting different content. No one wants to see 5 different landscapes over 5 days.

2 in a row maximum is a good rule. So each day, or photo should be a different theme (landscape, you doing something interesting, food, party, sunset, crap like that)

Post Interesting Photos that LOOK GOOD

This is self explanatory but the difference between a good IG and a great one is the one where you take the time to use the tools that allow you to make a photo look it's best. (also download the squarefx app so that it reformats your photo to fit in IG if it's too big)

No one wants to see your food. Unless it looks aesthetically interesting, or you are being funny by posting a bowl of cheerios or maybe an empty plate with some ribs picked clean, food is played out and you won't be growing followers or impressing anyone or sending the message you are a cool person that people want to know.

Some exceptions are dining in exclusive places or having rare foods. Even then the photo should be more about the venue or circumstances that tells the story "I am the most interesting man in the world".

Post photos of you doing unique or fun things, seeing unique or interesting places, or post funny an or ironic things. For example, a photo of you standing in front of a shitty car and saying "Hard work pays off" will get some chuckles. Other things that I personally have is underwater shots of me diving with whale sharks, posing with UFC fighters (or fighting myself), giant moths, temples of Angkor Wat, etc etc (My IG is far from great because I don't give a shit, I just know how to do it because it was part of my job for a while).

Another thing you can do, which I think is a cheap cop out, is to post some funny meme. I would advise against doing too many of these.

Post relevant hashtags (and the appropriate number!) and tag people/companies and a proper description

When you are posting content, and you want to grow a following, tag the companies or people in your photo and use relevant hashtags so that people searching those will come across your stuff. This is also the beginning of getting free shit/invitations/etc. Every company now has a social media coordinator/marketer or whatever.

For example, say you are posting a photo of you doing a hike in the mountains and you have some Reebok shit on. Tag @reebok and whatever hashtag they happen to be using. If you have 5000+ followers Reebok will take notice. Maybe you won't get shoes but you will get a comment and that is DHV to bitches.

Hashtags - Unfortunately most guys don't know anything about what they are doing so they take their cues on how to post from chicks who litter their photos with annoying hashtags. Guys, these chicks are growing their following because they are women, not because they are creative or interesting. Just like in real life, or advice regarding women, do not listen to what they have to say.

3-5 hashtags maximum! With my last hashtag (back when it mattered and my IG was public) I would make the last hashtag with the goal in mind to make people laugh or scratch their heads. For example, I posted a photo of me in Kuala Lumper on top of a starwood hotel's infinity pool while wearing super small swim trunks. The hashtags went like #KualaLumper #Malaysia #Cameltoe

Now, if I was trying to grow my following and get perks I would have tagged the hotel, tagged starwood, put a hashtag for both of them (by googling what they use) and maybe something like #InfinityPool (notice I make the hashtag readability easier by using capital letters).

Almost for sure the hotel or starwood would take notice, which could lead to some perks and at the very least get some comments that make me look cool.

Regarding the description you want to again, avoid talking like a girl does (I have no idea why so many men do this). Don't say stupid shit like "Partying it up and having the MOST AMAZING TIME EVER".

You sound like a dumb bitch.

Say "Just another day with @XXXX and @xxxx". Then let the hashtags tell the story. You want to be casual and cool, not try hard. Obviously a little more description is needed but if you sound like you are trying to tell everyone you're having the most amazing time ever, you will lose followers. It's good practice as a man to be descriptive and casual.

*note, there is a location part that allows you to put where you are, use this to supplement for one hashtag. That will allow you to tell a story with your hashtags that's more descriptive. If your location is Kuala Lumper Malaysia then you don't have to hashtag it again and can use it to do the hotel or points program you are in and stay within the 3-5 hashtag rule. Also, don't use really long hashtags. No one likes that and it isn't cute.
Consistency and Timing is key

If you are serious about growing a following you have to post 1 a day and really 2. I can't stress enough how important NOT flooding everyone's IG feed is. Leave them wanting more.

Also you need to take into account the time of day. If you are posting at midnight no one is going to see your posts. They will get buried. You can google "best times of day to post on IG" to get some "expert opinions" but it will give you a good idea of when people are looking at things.

Tell a Story

By now you should have the idea that you are trying to tell a story about yourself. You have to define what that is first so have a clear picture of what you are going for and stick to it. Ask yourself "Is this congruent with the image I am portraying"?

Maybe you want to try and define yourself as some fitness guru, well obviously you will want to post fitness related things. But if all of your photos are of you doing crap in the gym, people will unfollow you because there's nothing new there. The key is making it different but related in some way. So: You in the gym mid lift, a healthy smoothie with the vitamix, an outdoors photo picking up a large rock working out, a sexy girl on the beach, an event you were invited to, a book on a new exercise ideology etc etc (obviously with the appropriate hashtags and tags).

If it's just gym, gym, gym you look like an uninteresting asshole.

Followers and Etiquette About Following Back

First, download the Followers app. This gives you information about who is following you, who you are following, and who isn't following you back. You will be surprised by this.

First, the "cool" thing is to have way more followers than you are following. If you have 200 followers and you are following 1000 you look lame. Reverse that and you look cool.

That is a good ratio.

You will get a lot of people following you because they want you to follow them back. They aren't interested in you, they just want followers and when you follow them back, they will unfollow you to increase the "cool" ratio.

Therefore unless someone is liking all your shit, don't follow them back. Make them earn it.

If you have childhood friends that never post content that you are following and never "like" or comment, unfollow them.

Occasionally for whatever reason, people will unfollow you, go ahead and unfollow them too.

Don't feel bad about unfollowing your friends or not following people who follow you an then unfollow you after you don't reciprocate right away. They aren't the people you want anyway. You want people that are going to stick around and you get that by posting content that resonates with people.

Commenting to grow followers

Be engaging on your IG. Comment on friends, comment back on comments, people notice this and want to see who you are. If they like what they see in the thumbnails (remember you don't want it to look like a cluttered repetitive mess) they will follow you.

Who You Follow

An overlooked element in all this is who you actually follow. It seems people, guys especially don't realize that chicks go and look at who you are following.

I had one friend who was following "sexy thai bitches" and "Asian Ass" (or something along those lines).

He had at this point secured the interest of a hot girl but when she saw this on his IG it was game over. Everything was lost.

It's also important to know that other contacts besides girls you want to attract will also be looking at this. So keep that in mind when it comes to the story you want to tell.

Who Follows You

People also look to see who people of interest are following. Because this list should be small, it means you are important in some way. I have semi-famous or IG famous people following me back. Those people's fans would see me and start following me (before I put my stuff on private). Some of these people I know personally, some I don't but when you post cool content, it will attract a variety of people. You probably get the idea by now.

Throwback Thursday and Flashback Friday

These are good to go back in time and post the cool stuff you have done in the past. Take advantage of this because 1) It's so easy and 2) It tells the story even better because it gives longevity.

I think this is about everything.

Instagram Datasheet

IG is a lot more work than I gave it credit for to be fair, props to those willing to spend hours on this, I posted 100 times last year and got 1k followers which was all I really wanted just to build up a online persona since I lack a facebook. Thing is once I got 1k followers mid way last year I just dropped off really quick and now I post maybe once every few weeks. It's a real time sap and leaks into real life because you can't turn off the switch that keeps thinking "I wonder how I could leverage this for a good photo" or "gotta post soon to keep my IG active", that's where your quality posts take a nose dive.

It's easier if you are sick at something, I follow a bunch of really good circus artists/gymnasts cause I've been really into gymnastics the last 2 years and all they post is their training progress and even though its the same shit day in day out it is super impressive and motivates me to try new stuff.

Instagram Datasheet

Quote: (01-18-2016 06:53 AM)NewMeta Wrote:  

IG is a lot more work than I gave it credit for to be fair, props to those willing to spend hours on this, I posted 100 times last year and got 1k followers which was all I really wanted just to build up a online persona since I lack a facebook. Thing is once I got 1k followers mid way last year I just dropped off really quick and now I post maybe once every few weeks. It's a real time sap and leaks into real life because you can't turn off the switch that keeps thinking "I wonder how I could leverage this for a good photo" or "gotta post soon to keep my IG active", that's where your quality posts take a nose dive.

It's easier if you are sick at something, I follow a bunch of really good circus artists/gymnasts cause I've been really into gymnastics the last 2 years and all they post is their training progress and even though its the same shit day in day out it is super impressive and motivates me to try new stuff.

That's exactly right, unless you are dedicated to leveraging social media for some monetary advantage, it's not really worth doing this ALL the time.

BUT, like you, getting a large number of followers is good for social reasons.

Instagram Datasheet

Great post. I see huge potential in Instagram Game in Asia. Girls there are obsessed with foreigners who have good Instagram pages. It looks a lot easier there to build a big following and get laid from it. Just from mentioning my IG name on Tinder and various dating sites, I got a couple dozen of girls following me. And I am not even investing much time in my page. That is just how Asian social network culture works. They simply add or follow anyone who has followed or added them too.

Instagram Datasheet

The biggest issue I have with Instagram is that it doesn't go well when you are managing a harem. For instance, when I post something on Facebook and one of my girls posts something like 'oh que lindo mi amor' (they do this shit because they know you got other girls and want them to take notice that your with them now), then I instantly manage the privacy settings of my post/picture to not let it be visible to my other girls. With Instagram, that is impossible. Every picture I would put up is a risk. I can't adjust privacy. And also when liking other girls stuff or commenting, other girls can see it in the activity log, they will go check the Instagram of those girls and guess who's there in some of the pictures they put up, yep it's me!

In general, social media when managing more than one girl, becomes time consuming. If you do it, you should specialize with one source and for me that would be Facebook for the managing options. But if not, then your Instagram advise is great indeed and the way to go.

Instagram Datasheet

Solid and very informative post, Fisto. I was just planning to do some research on this and you saved me the trouble of figuring out who to listen to.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Instagram Datasheet

I searched for "tits", "pussy", "ass" in your post. Couldn't find anything.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Instagram Datasheet

Great post. I used instagram quite a bit while traveling, since I was doing / seeing cool shit basically every day, but I've slowed down now that I'm back in NYC living a more routine life. I probably post twice a week now, but this thread makes me want to start back up on it. Do people think not posting frequently is as bad as posting too often?

And while it's definitely a time commitment to constantly be seeking out good photos and updating, I've seen the dividends firsthand. Girls universally warm up and display more interest after seeing my profile.

Fisto, one question: your OP talks about instagram as a way to passively show off a cool lifestyle, but do you use it directly for gaming? I've had solid success with following random hot girls for a week or so, liking/commenting on their pics, and then starting a conversation through DM.

Instagram Datasheet

So, what is the opportunity cost here? How did you benefit in respect of getting girls off IG?

My Adventures in Game updates on the go: twits by Max Detrick

Unbowed. Unbent. Unbroken.

I don’t ever give up. I mean, I’d have to be dead or completely incapacitated.
-- Elon Musk

Instagram Datasheet

Gold, I was debating getting a IG page.

Now you have convinced me.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Instagram Datasheet

Quote: (01-19-2016 01:36 PM)ksbms Wrote:  

So, what is the opportunity cost here? How did you benefit in respect of getting girls off IG?

Considering i had no social media before IG it was almost necessary for me to get one in order to seem human on Tinder. That was one benefit.

The other was being able to show off all the extreme sports I do which make me 100 times more interesting once a chick sees my feed.

I couldn't tell you directly how much it benefited me, vibe is a strange thing, but it has no doubt won me some girls over I can't deny that, afterall girls love superficial stuff like photos and social followings.

Now that I have enough posts and followers though, I dont really have to pay much attention to it at all. So I'd say it was totally worth it.

Instagram Datasheet

I bought 20k followers for $5 on Fiverr. When girls at bars first look at my IG they get pretty surprised, its definitely helped out (even though the follower to like ratio is WAY off).

Instagram Datasheet

That's an issue I forgot to address. As people become more savvy, they'll know you don't have real followers because of that "like" ratio.

I think there are now ways to check real followers as well.

It makes you look terrible if you get caught.

Instagram Datasheet

Quote: (01-19-2016 03:16 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

That's an issue I forgot to address. As people become more savvy, they'll know you don't have real followers because of that "like" ratio.

I think there are now ways to check real followers as well.

It makes you look terrible if you get caught.

Cant you just check their follower list? Will have a bunch of empty accounts.

Instagram Datasheet

A year ago or so no, it looks like real accounts.

I don't know now as I haven't kept up with that part of social media marketing.

Instagram Datasheet

I'm transparent with it. If they ask i tell them and by that point they are engaged. Never been a problem for me.

Instagram Datasheet

Cosign with Fisto on this.

Yes it projects a great image if you get dope ass photos and bitches in your pics.

Just make sure you're doing fun shit, fuck you don't even have to be in the pictures to show shit off.

I used to have girls follow and add me on IG, now I just don't give a fuck, I like keeping shit mysterious and send pics directly to girls (it's had more of an impact, that's another story).

When I did, I always had girls comment saying how I had such a fun life.

DON'T buy followers, do it the old fashioned and organic way.

DON'T overkill on the hashtags and filters.

Pro Tip: Get a GoPro, you can easily download photos you take directly/wirelessly to your iphone.

One filter and boom you've got a dope ass shot of something.

I NEVER post memes, selfies, mirror selfies, political shit, or anything of that nature, just shit I'm doing, girls I'm fucking, places I'm going.

Sometimes just posting a picture without a caption can generate likes and follows.

I like Fisto's approach on this, IG is a niche, but it helps to have multiple social media platforms to push photos to ex Push IG photos to FB and twitter.

Instagram Datasheet

It's amazing how simply having a lot of followers can give you pseudo-celebrity status. I have a friend who has 90k followers and his DMs is flooded with girls who want to fuck him. I prefer Snapchat (it's much easier to show others what you're doing) but I think it's about time I worked on my Instagram. Cool post Fisto.

Instagram Datasheet

I appreciate the insight and I'm going to rethink how I approach my shots, descriptions and hashtags. I basically use my Instagram feed as a life log. What I see in the moment. What I take are pretty random shots, I do take things like what I ate, where I went, etc. I think if I take the same shots with a more artistic angle that it may increase my visibility.

I don't really want to be one of those that overexaggerate/humblebrag with what I do as many people tend to over-curate their feeds to show that their life is so much more awesome than it actually is, my feed is a representative of what I see and do on a day to day basis.

Instagram Datasheet

Fisto,

can you give examples of the pics that you use to demonstrate your value? You don't have to post the pics, just write a description of what kinds of pics you are using and what pics you find are giving you the most success.

Instagram Datasheet

I'm trying out a trial of an instagram analytics site, we'll see how this goes, going to see what gets the most traction.

My main detraction is that I try to stay relatively anonymous. I'm never in my pictures nor is anyone I know. I guess there are ways to do this and make it interesting but I do enjoy the anonymity of doing it this way.

Instagram Datasheet

Can confirm that Fistos strategy with the hashtags works... Posted a photo today and it's now my most liked one. Can you link me to where you bought the followers Drazen?

Instagram Datasheet

Quote: (01-19-2016 07:49 PM)Tresdus Wrote:  

Can confirm that Fistos strategy with the hashtags works... Posted a photo today and it's now my most liked one. Can you link me to where you bought the followers Drazen?

http://www.fiverr.com.

I just looked it was in 2013 and it looks like the guy I bought it from isn't on there anymore or changed his name. Promised 20,000 followers which I got, but half of them got zapped about a year ago when Instagram purged a bunch of fake accounts.

I did it in a time where I was just messing around with Fiverr a lot, I had people make videos repeating my name and counting $100 bills and all kinds of nonsense like that.

Organic growth is best, as stated above, but I bought them, didn't really put more than 5 minutes or $5 of effort into it. Can't really go back unless I start a new account though.

I have about 4000 photos on my feed with 600 people I'm following with 10.5k followers (most face of course). I just have to start getting more likes to make everything look a little more legit so I can build a following.

Instagram Datasheet

High followers, low amount of posts, lower amount of followers.

My follower to follow ration is 3 to 1. I used to have about 2000, now I have about 1000 followers, after the IG exodus.

I have about 5-600 pictures

I've never really cultivated a following as of late. IG just isn't that important to me, most bitches that ask, I scoff at and tell them I got tired of selfies and food pics, they just laugh and a new subject comes up.

My pictures are of concerts I attend, cool seats at sports venues, time lapse photos of adventures, even holding a baby, throw in hilarious costumes from parties, activities I'm taking part in, shooting shit, bitches when I can, known music artists, music festivals.

Instagram Datasheet

Organic growth rules, but there are a few instances where getting a couple thousand followers pays off.

I started on Instagram last year (mastered Twitter and Facebook before that) and I been getting around 15-20 new followers a week, with very, very little effort and less than 1 new post per week. I could bump that up to 50+ organic followers a day if I dedicated to it.

I have around 750 followers as it is. Too few you may say, but if we take into account that 90% of those accounts are real, active women in cities I travel to, id say im doing good.