rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ship that has sailed: reflection on a game experience

The ship has sailed on this girl, but looking back, I think there were times the ship was in the harbor for this one. Or not.

Initial background:
The semester before we were in the same class and we studied together. More like, she'd ask me to help her, but truth be told, I usually had no idea what I was talking about and learned more myself from teaching her. So I thought it was useful too.

At that time last semester, she was dating some other guy, and I didn't consider myself experienced enough to stir the waters so to speak. But the extent to which I gamed her was teasing her for being behind on everything and always coming to me for help, as much as I remember. At the very least, she thought I was a funny and intelligent guy (or a clown and convenient beta orbiter).

Game on: Her IOI's
I don't actively keep tabs on who's dating who, but I could tell she was single again the next semester. We weren't in the same class anymore, but we'd hang out occasionally, and she'd throw me IOIs, or so I thought.

>She's pretty grabby with me during the day, more than a usual girl. Usually does kino whenever she's making a point about something.

>A text convo:
Her: "what's up??"
Me:"Ah Arielle" (not her actual name)
Her: "Haha its really funny how you greet me like that."

>I remember one time we were talking together she told me that "you're gonna use your charm on that professor" or something like that. "No one can resist," I told her with a grin. Giggles ensue.

>Another one: I'm wrapping up studying for an exam. She comes from behind and messes with my hair. I turn around and tell her "test in 40 minutes" and she exclaims "Oh!" in surprise and leaves me to my work.

>Another time I tell her "We should hang out some time. Let's check out some of the bars around here." To which she agrees. A bit later, I text her, directing her to a bar meetup on Wednesday night, but she tells me she has tests and is busy that week (Okay...) She tells me that she'll text me, but the text doesn't come. (Now that I type this out, this doesn't sound much like interest on her part.)

Overgaming her
>One time she asked me to fix some technical issue with her car audio system. In my mind, I was telling myself "Don't be a beta orbiter, don't be a beta orbiter." I ended up telling her that she "should ask someone more experienced with that kind of stuff," thinking that I avoided being her beta orbiter who does shit for free. But afterwards I wondered if that could have just been one-on-one hangout time. And this girl told me about how she lives off campus by herself now, alone. Huh.

>Recently, we haven't been talking as much, because I thought the ship sailed. But I asked her if she could pick me up at an airport. The first time she was like "I can't, really sorry!!" The second time I asked her, she told me "We don't really talk much," to which I responded, "that's fair. I'm good though." She still says hi to me.

I have to say typing out your game experiences allows you reflect on them a lot. At first I was going to ask a question of "why didn't she text me when she said she would," but upon reflection she probably wasn't all that interested in me at that moment.

I'm still hung up on the fixing her car audio thing. Was worried about being a beta orbiter during the time, but did that get in the way of actually hanging out in private with her?

Related to beta orbiter: I've graduated from Game Denialist to Beta Orbiter on this forum. Woop woop.

Further thoughts on this: fixing her car audio doesn't have to be just that if you frame it correctly. For example, "I can take a look at it Thursday night. Come by my place then, I just learned this new drink recipe."

"I can show you the recipe, and you can make the drinks for us as I fix this..."

You were right not to go fix her audio issue.
That's boyfriend territory.

Could you have done a quid pro quo? Probably not, a more experienced player, maybe.

Maybe, have her send you a pic of beer and some pizza with her in it. Always charge for services, and don't lift a finger until you get them.

WIA

Am I the only who thinks there was never a ship to begin with ?

I feel like she was attention whoring and you WERE a orbiter with her.

You were Friendzone Frank all the way from the beginning, and when you needed something important like a ride from the airport, she wasn't there for you. A buddy of yours would be.

I agree that it was a good thing you didn't fix her shit. Don't be hung up on it, forget about this girl.

Stop talking to her immediately, block or delete her phone number.

If you still see her in person, if she acknowledges you say what's up and be chill about it. That's the most you should do moving forward.

Call out the elephant in the room, when she hits you up to tinker with the car spit something like "you've been flirting with me for months, did you finally get the nutsack to make a move? " if she comes over go flirty cave man and tease her til you can hit.

Don't Be a Time Ho. Make your intentions know from the start. Stop hoping for things to happen between you and a girl. Be productive and make it happen on your terms.

Carefully listen to this video that breaks it down nicely for all you upcoming Playas.

Quote:[b]Bacchus Wrote:  
Your goal is sex, not a phone number. Numbers are worthless.
They are the lotto tickets of game.
They might occasionally produce a winner, but don't count on it.
[/b]
If you are in Los Angeles and want to link up with me
and/or other members to do some approaches please contact me.Thanks.

You're letting her rape your time.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (01-12-2016 06:05 PM)LA Savage Wrote:  

Don't Be a Time Ho.

Quote: (01-12-2016 07:53 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

You're letting her rape your time.

A salient piece of advice. Thanks for the time.

@LA Savage: Patrice O'Neal is great. Been going through the Black Philip Show.