rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Exchange semester in south america?

Hi guys, im currently in the first semester of my Master study (Media, Art, Philosophy, Music Production). Its some kind of Multimedia study which covers most of these genres. So, the only PARTNERuniversities of my university that really offer the same stuff would be in England or Ireland (i dont want to go there).

So the next step for me to make an exchange elsewhere would be to find a university which at least covers 1-2 of these subjects (for example media and or philosophy).

And here the struggle begins, im googling a lot but it seems very hard for me to get in depth detail whenever i research. Can you guys tell me some nice universities in Latin/South america that could match this criteria? (id mostly prefer colombia or brazil)

Thank you very much guys!

ok guys, actually, after several hours of research i found out that "Universidad Nacional de Colombia" would pretty much fit my stuff. Well, if i would know if they offer english speaking courses, i dont think i can get my spanish in a B2-C1 level in 8 months. Does some of you guys know if they have english speaking courses?

Quote: (01-07-2016 03:54 PM)Deni12 Wrote:  

ok guys, actually, after several hours of research i found out that "Universidad Nacional de Colombia" would pretty much fit my stuff. Well, if i would know if they offer english speaking courses, i dont think i can get my spanish in a B2-C1 level in 8 months. Does some of you guys know if they have english speaking courses?

I don’t think this thread belongs in the Everything Else forum; the Travel or Lifestyle forums would be more appropriate; I suggest you ask the moderators to move your thread elsewhere. Furthermore, it seem unwise and injudicious to study outside of your university’s partner-network for the sole purpose of travelling to more exotic destinations outside of Europe’s frontiers and, I presume, ample amounts of debauchery. I would be led to believe only taking 1-2 of the subjects provided by your university would lead to issues upon your homecoming. Would you be required to spend more time at university having been unable to fulfil all the requirements? If so, I suggest you travel to England or Ireland. If not, forgive me for my inordinate wariness.

That being established, with the exception of degree programmes in foreign languages (ie those overwhelmingly dedicated to literature and philology), the National University does not offer English-language courses; they require a “certificate of sufficiency in Spanish language”, I am afraid.They do have Spanish courses for foreigners. Furthermore, here is the National University of Colombia’s list of agreements with other universities; have a look at it if you are still interested.

«Se trata de escoger entre la dictadura que viene de abajo, y la dictadura que viene de arriba: yo escojo la que viene de arriba, porque viene de regiones más limpias y serenas; se trata de escoger, por último, entre la dictadura del puñal y la dictadura del sable: yo escojo la dictadura del sable, porque es más noble». ― Donoso Cortés

My list of Spanish-language resources and a thread full of them.
PM me with any Spanish questions; I will try to help you!

Quote: (01-07-2016 03:54 PM)Deni12 Wrote:  

Hey,I am peruvian. i just graduate from a prestigious university here, i have colombian friends and We talked about this topic.Honestly,I am not sure about this colombian university,but most of south american universities have the majority of tehir courses in spanish,just one or two in english. i think if you have average language skills,you will be able to have a decent spanish.My european or american friends got good results in this time,the calification of B2-C1 is just a game, in reality they just will evaluate you have a decent spanish.Don`t worry.