rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What's the deal with Aussies in Asia...?

Aussie guys (and Kiwis) have got to be the most consistently physically impressive visitors I've seen in Thailand with natural alpha tendencies to boot.

Yet even though they could be smashing new Thai girls weekly, they mostly stick to dating nasty ass white bitches (Aussies, Americans, Kiwis, Brits).

What the hell is wrong with these cats?!

I have met lots of these folks over the last few years regularly training MT in Thailand. I'm here now and have been paying more attention to them this time around.

They are incredibly thirsty, en masse, in a way I have never experienced before. I watch with disbelief as well built, impressively built guys spit game at Wildebeast 4s at the gym. Yet they have no interest in the cute Thai girls that work in the hotels and restaurants etc.

I think the problem is that they lack confidence actually and all those "alpha tendencies" are just an act. That, coupled with social anxiety about being with Asian girls; they seem to be under the impression that every single last Thai girl is a hooker in disguise. Or at least that they will be shamed socially by being with Asian girls.

Maybe the stereotype of them being a bit dumb is true.

I guess the other thing to remember is that Aus isn't far from here...you'd probably think similar things about Brits in Magaluf or whatever...I get the feeling that a lot of the Aussies here are pretty low class and consequently IQ.

Yeah, Australians are definitely a physically impressive bunch. It's actually ridiculous what the average guy has to compete with here. I had one girl in Thailand guess my nationality without even opening my mouth. When I asked how she knew, she simply replied "because you're big".

To answering your question, a lot of Aussies are either:

A) Not into Asians and/or prefer white girls (Yes they go to Asia with the sole intention of picking up fellow westerners in tourist hot spots)
B) Think all Asian girls in Asia are hookers

Not even kidding with that second one. Every guy I speak to that goes to Asia develops this mindset that they will have to pay for sex in Thailand or Indonesia (which are easily the two most popular Asian destinations for Australians) because of the stories that get passed down from mates that went before them and only stayed in red light districts. These guys then resign themselves to the same experience, and tell their mates, and it has a slingshot effect. I had one guy blatantly ask me "HOW THE HELL" I picked up 4 girls in Bangkok in a week without paying for their time. So yeah, the ideology that all local girls in these countries are hookers are probably why many stick with screwing backpackers and other western girls on holiday. That along with the areas they stay in obviously- Khaosan Road, Kuta, Patong etc.

Ausies stick to white girls in Asia for the same reason American guys in Europe hang out with American girls in hostels and European guys usually travel with their European girlfriends. Most people just aren't ballsy or adventurous enough to travel alone, go out alone and do the awesome stuff that a lot of us on the forum do.

I'm going to highlight the elephant in the room by stating that a lot of Australians, and in particular, working class "tradesmen" types (which are the groups of bigger built guys that you're likely to see) are racist toward Asians.

This translates to them not being comfortable with seeking out hot Asian poon for fear of being shamed (as mentioned above) or having a genuine disinterest in the Asian "look" and/or culture.

I must admit, I never gave Asian girls a second look up until a few years ago. My notches since then have been almost exclusively Asian.

This indifference I had toward Asians can be squarely blamed on my upbringing (predominantly white, rural town) in which Asians were commonly looked down upon.

The provincial mindset (combined with low IQ) results in the average Aussie dood being tribal in terms of sexual partner selection (with the exception of very Australianised Asians).

To buck this behaviour would require the guy to be more of a free thinker who doesn't really care about the opinions of the group that he hangs with; a trait seldom seen amongst these types.

Quote: (11-18-2015 12:34 AM)Windom Earle Wrote:  

I'm going to highlight the elephant in the room by stating that a lot of Australians, and in particular, working class "tradesmen" types (which are the groups of bigger built guys that you're likely to see) are racist toward Asians.

This translates to them not being comfortable with seeking out hot Asian poon for fear of being shamed (as mentioned above) or for a genuine disinterest in the Asian "look".

I must admit, I never gave Asian girls a second look up until a few years ago. My notches since then have been almost exclusively Asian.

This indifference I had toward Asians can be squarely blamed on my upbringing (predominant white, rural town) in which Asians were commonly looked down upon.

LOL, why would they go to an Asian country then? I'm not saying you are wrong, but if that is the case, I question the decision making skills. Excluding of course, the fine gentlemen of this forum.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

^ to drink cheap piss, do crazy shit (that wouldn't be acceptable in Australia) and hit on other white travellers (of which there are many) as others have mentioned.

Australians love Asia for fun with mates and will hang out at bars with other bogan types.

There is an incredible stigma here against white men and Asian women. If one of them banged a Thai their friends would never let it go and would assume they paid. Much more honour in banging a filthy white chick.

Expats who actually live overseas, particularly in Hong Kong or Singapore which are brimming with Australians, don't care and will date Asians, white, black anything that tickles their fancy. Often will only marry other whites though.

Quote: (11-17-2015 11:39 PM)Adrenaline Wrote:  

Yeah, Australians are definitely a physically impressive bunch. It's actually ridiculous what the average guy has to compete with here.

This.
Manosphere logic says lifting a 5kg dumbbell a couple of time a week will shoot you to the top of the pack in fitness terms.

I walk down the streets of Brisbane, see 10 guys, of them 1 obese, 2 overweight, 2 skinny fat, 3 buff and 2 jacked. Compare to the US where its literally the inverse and Europe where nearly everyone is skinny fat.
The 'average' guy goes to the gym and a huge proportion are extremely dedicated.

Thank fuck though all the alphaness is generally for hollow and only around their mates. Most groups of guys will all rotate through the same few girls every week.

Probably not just australians, but a lot of the tourists i see in Thailand seem to be hanging out in the same clubs as other backpacker types, like 'zoe' and 'spicy' in chiang mai for example. i think it might be hard to branch out.

Quote: (11-17-2015 11:27 PM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

I have met lots of these folks over the last few years regularly training MT in Thailand. I'm here now and have been paying more attention to them this time around.

They are incredibly thirsty, en masse, in a way I have never experienced before. I watch with disbelief as well built, impressively built guys spit game at Wildebeast 4s at the gym. Yet they have no interest in the cute Thai girls that work in the hotels and restaurants etc.

I think the problem is that they lack confidence actually and all those "alpha tendencies" are just an act. That, coupled with social anxiety about being with Asian girls; they seem to be under the impression that every single last Thai girl is a hooker in disguise. Or at least that they will be shamed socially by being with Asian girls.

I guess the other thing to remember is that Aus isn't far from here...you'd probably think similar things about Brits in Magaluf or whatever...I get the feeling that a lot of the Aussies here are pretty low class and consequently IQ.

There is a stigma of inferiority associated with going for a Thai girl: Almost an unspoken rule that if you can't get an Australian girl you're a loser. Clearly Australian women have conjured this one up.

Quote: (11-18-2015 03:56 AM)Rush87 Wrote:  

There is a stigma of inferiority associated with going for a Thai girl: Almost an unspoken rule that if you can't get an Australian girl you're a loser. Clearly Australian women have conjured this one up.

Well then they're idiots.

90% of the Aussie girls are repulsive. Fat gut, flat butt etc...

The only hot white girls about are the odd skanky Russians.

Quote: (11-18-2015 04:05 AM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

Well then they're idiots.

90% of the Aussie girls are repulsive. Fat gut, flat butt etc...

The only hot white girls about are the odd skanky Russians.

The Australian girls are flat out repulsive. It's not just in Thailand though. You will see guys above an 8 and 9 fighting over a 5 at bars every weekend.

What I remember from living in Thailand is that you could hear them before you see them. As some Aussies have said above, it seems they go there for a 24/7 DGAF party. Which is cool if that's what you want. Maybe it's like their Cancun. I rarely saw them anywhere but the well trodden tourist trap places, they seemed to stick to the tourist roads and rarely leave. For me those places are a nightmare.

Americans are dreamers too

The worst bit about them is how huge they are. I'm not just talking their thighs and bellies but sheer mass. Big girls.

So masculine too...how they walk, talk, eat...everything.

They make our British girls seem feminine by comparison.

It's an eye opener for sure!

Remembering the herds of chubby, sweaty white flesh in Thailand makes me shudder. Thankfully I mostly stayed away from places they'd frequent.

Who would want to go to all the way to Thailand to hang out with a bunch of loud drunk white westerners, never understood that.

Americans are dreamers too

Quote: (11-18-2015 04:11 AM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

The worst bit about them is how huge they are. I'm not just talking their thighs and bellies but sheer mass. Big girls.

So masculine too...how they walk, talk, eat...everything.

They make our British girls seem feminine by comparison.

It's an eye opener for sure!

Never spent much time in the UK but I always assumed they were much the same as Australia. My perception probably comes from catching glimpses of the UK reality T.V shows where the guys were always well built and the girls were beached whales.

This. But it's very deeply embedded. My grandparents for example are well into their 80's any time for as long as I can remember that someone in the family or a local man had an Asian partner, they would say nice, accepting things but in a condescending tone, like it was never "So-and-so and his wife (name)", it was "So-and-so and his asian wife".
As a result of living in a rural area surrounded with this kind of attitude my entire life I was unthinkingly one of those blokes with a ranking system that went something like: wank, Asian, fat chick, anything over a 5, for all my life until quite recently.
Two things changed my perspective... that show "If You Are The One" , and the "What do you guys consider a 10" thread

Quote: (01-19-2016 11:26 PM)ordinaryleastsquared Wrote:  
I stand by my analysis.

Quote: (11-17-2015 11:12 PM)VincentVinturi Wrote:  

Aussie guys (and Kiwis) have got to be the most consistently physically impressive visitors I've seen in Thailand with natural alpha tendencies to boot.

Yet even though they could be smashing new Thai girls weekly, they mostly stick to dating nasty ass white bitches (Aussies, Americans, Kiwis, Brits).

You have to understand the Average Australian Mindset: if it requires hard work and effort, fuck it. The exception being anything sporting-related.

Australians lack imagination, creativity, intellectual curiosity and the ability to dream of being something better. There's no drive to achieve anything when you could just sit on your arse watching TV and downing beers. As such, White Australians are rapidly-heading to underclass status beneath the foreign-born professional white collar class, helped along by Australians love of 'getting fucked up' on drugs and alcohol.

This isn't class snobbism talking: I grew up in the Housing Commission. Our lower classes are feral, lazy, entitled and violent, whilst our upper classes lack true class, and are envious, snobbish and hyper-judgemental.

So, faced with the choice of hitting up a 9 or a 4, an Aussie bloke will take a 4, because she'll be 'easy'. The less effort, the better. The Australian Colloquialism for this is: "You don't look at the mantelpiece when you're stoking the fire." The result is our Plain Janes are aggressively-cuntish from the male attention, always overweight and are functionally-interchangeable with bull dykes.

We're just a mediocre people. Hell, one of our ex-Prime Ministers called Australia the 'arse end of the world', and that the best way to see our country 'was at 35,000 feet, on the way to Paris'.

On the plus side, it's very, very easy to live an exceptional life in this country.

This cankled, Spanx-wearing woman was named the Average Australian woman last year, based on height and weight.

[Image: 359343-melanie-ward.jpg]

[Image: puke.gif]

Quote: (11-18-2015 05:15 AM)AnonymousBosch Wrote:  

WB... as long as it didn't require any hard work or effort.

Quote: (01-19-2016 11:26 PM)ordinaryleastsquared Wrote:  
I stand by my analysis.

The Aussies you speak of, the bogan types lack education, dress like idiots and pretty much kill any sort of chance of an interaction with their body language. Oh and they're always looking for drugs.

i carry big chest/shoulders and I'm trying to slim down as I get a far better reception on the skinnier end of the spectrum than the bulky end.

Quote: (11-18-2015 05:15 AM)AnonymousBosch Wrote:  

Quote: (11-17-2015 11:12 PM)VincentVinturi Wrote:  

You have to understand the Average Australian Mindset: if it requires hard work and effort, fuck it. The exception being anything sporting-related.

Australians lack imagination, creativity, intellectual curiosity and the ability to dream of being something better. There's no drive to achieve anything when you could just sit on your arse watching TV and downing beers. As such, White Australians are rapidly-heading to underclass status beneath the foreign-born professional white collar class, helped along by Australians love of 'getting fucked up' on drugs and alcohol.

This isn't class snobbism talking: I grew up in the Housing Commission. Our lower classes are feral, lazy, entitled and violent, whilst our upper classes lack true class, and are envious, snobbish and hyper-judgemental.

So, faced with the choice of hitting up a 9 or a 4, an Aussie bloke will take a 4, because she'll be 'easy'. The less effort, the better. The Australian Colloquialism for this is: "You don't look at the mantelpiece when you're stoking the fire." The result is our Plain Janes are aggressively-cuntish from the male attention, always overweight and are functionally-interchangeable with bull dykes.

We're just a mediocre people. Hell, one of our ex-Prime Ministers called Australia the 'arse end of the world', and that the best way to see our country 'was at 35,000 feet, on the way to Paris'.

On the plus side, it's very, very easy to live an exceptional life in this country.

This cankled, Spanx-wearing woman was named the Average Australian woman last year, based on height and weight.

[Image: puke.gif]

THAT is a 6 compared to some of the cuntholios I see walking around here.

Good looking Aussie dude gets girlfriend (looks decent at the time) at 16-18. Girlfriend gets pregnant and dumb cunt oldmate Aussie gets hoodwinked into the family life. Old mate works in the sun all day, moving shit and lifting weights after work, eats a high protein diet, discovers the the basic principles of adding muscle and by the time 21-22 comes around you've got a hulking guy who would be considered a 'Jock' in the US or a 'Bodybuilder' in Europe walking around with this fat lump of shit that pushed out 3 kids already.

Their own fault. And I'm not particularly upset about it.

[quote] (11-18-2015 05:15 AM)AnonymousBosch Wrote:  

[quote='VincentVinturi' pid='1152163' dateline='1447819931']

Australians lack imagination, creativity, intellectual curiosity and the ability to dream of being something better. There's no drive to achieve anything when you could just sit on your arse watching TV and downing beers.[/quote]

Well if you look through out Australian history, every new wave of foreign migration has led to the prosperous wealth of that ethnic group. The Chinese during the gold rush, the Christian Lebanese, the Greeks, the Italians… The only exception is the most recent waves of Muslim immigration which have occupied [On average] a similar economic level to Australia's lower class.

We do lack imagination, creativity and intellectual curiosity. We don't encourage the entrepreneur and most definitely advocate the cog in the wheel mentality. Our wealth is concentrated in old money [Primarily someones great grandparents lucking into prime real estate] or finance [Working as a part of a global corporation]. Unlike America for instance we don't have much ingenuity leading to prosperous wealth.

I'm work in film and if you're looking for the biggest cesspool of mediocrity when it comes to creativity in film look no further than Australia. Insert left wing, cliche drama piece based in outback Australia with a handful of token minorities viewed through the lens of the white middle class Australian.

Interesting discussion.

The idea of a male from an Anglophone country dating a South East Asian woman, and it being barely a level above a man paying for a prostitute, is very pervasive.

There is a stigma to it. I used to believe it myself, I remember seeing white men in the supermarket with their slim, ultra-feminine and very sexy Asian wife. The stigma stopped me seeing that they were a happy couple, both fulfilled, often with children.

Eventually I realised that actually those men were stepping out of the limitations placed on them by holding popular beliefs; in a way they had stepped out of the matrix, and rejected the popular idea that you must date,marry or fuck a Western woman if you are a Western man. They realised they could hook up with whoever they wanted.

The Australian attitude towards SEA can be best summed up as one of post-colonialism. It's our tropical backyard playground where we go to be feted upon by the brown folk, whom we invariably see as our inferiors serving up mojitos and massages. This is probably best typified by the AAMI Rhonda/Ketut ads (gender roles reversed). Air Asia and Tiger Airways really saw a market tapping into the cashed-up bogan. Going to Thailand as an adult I saw these types all over Phuket. It was basically an exotic version of the RSL back home.

This mentality bleeds into the younger generations 'doing' SEA. I've called Bali the Australian Cancún (or the British Magaluf) and you could say the same about Thailand to a lesser extent. I think even the SWPLs who do more off the beaten track journeys there (plus South Asia) implicitly have a similar colonialist mindset, if more of a white sahib uncovering the frontiers of his empire sort of way.

As a result, I reckon that's partly where the stigma against going after local girls in Asia comes from; the idea that you're 'going native' as being a cop out to putting in the work and picking up on your own terms (lol). After all, who needs game if you're trying to score with a poor little submissive Asian bird that doesn't speak English? The belief amongst us is that the girls there are easy, pov-struck and will fuck anyone with white skin. Probably all working girls.

I even learnt that there's a term: "Loser Back Home" that originated in Hong Kong(?). As Rush said, it's probably a shaming tactic cooked up by Aussie women towards those who can't hack a real woman.

As a slight aside, this imperialist playground theme has extended to Europe over the last decade. Namely Croatia (Split, Sail Croatia), Greek Islands, Portugal (Lagos), Prague and Budapest -- we've marked our territory as Aussie party outposts. Even if Asian birds aren't your thing, the fact that the locals, to a woman, in each of those countries are objectively hotter and more feminine than Aussie women; was lost on the Aussie bloke, is utterly mind-boggling. The Aussie bloke would be content gaming fellow Anglos at most (after swallowing many a story about how British and American girls go wet over our accent), maybe a German/Dutch/Scandinavian girl at the hostel if he had the cow sense. Those times when I'd gamed locals (Budapest, Kraków), they expressed outright surprise that we'd been pretty much the only Aussies that gave Hungarian or Polish women the time of day. Just seeing our women, they must've been like "what's wrong with these Aussie guys?!"

I've maintained that you can spot an Aussie abroad a mile off, even before you see their Kathmandu/Black Wolf/Mountain Designs backpack. There's something about the saunter, the stretch fit cap, singlet, RVCA sweatshirt, thongs (flip-flops) and footy shorts that brands one as an Aussie. And the size too. We're noticeably big. Even the women.
Even though the Aussie alpha persona is mostly peacocking, we definitely punch below our weight in terms of dating. Euro dudes are noticeably beta in comparison, if only because they don't have a competitive onus to land a slim, feminine girl. If the Aussie were to realise his potential, he would seriously do some damage in Europe. We like our low-hanging fruit. What the others have said about the tall poppy syndrome is very much alive here.

Quote: (11-17-2015 11:48 PM)Robert Plant Wrote:  

Ausies stick to white girls in Asia for the same reason American guys in Europe hang out with American girls in hostels and European guys usually travel with their European girlfriends. Most people just aren't ballsy or adventurous enough to travel alone, go out alone and do the awesome stuff that a lot of us on the forum do.
It's a bit rich for the American to knock Australian travelling habits as unadventurous. Granted, on my second time in Europe, I was blown away by the extent that Aussies travel in groups. But we're way more likely to travel solo, and end up in much more far-flung places. Go to the midsts of the Patagonian pampas, the steppes of Central Asia, you'll meet an Aussie or a Kiwi wandering around. When I was enquiring about hitchhiking at my hostel in Barcelona, I was taken aback by the response that it was Aussies who were mainly keeping that practice alive in Europe. Similarly, we were the impetus behind the Couchsurfing boom in Europe a few years back. You'll find a massive contingent at not just the big overseas festivals (Sziget, Tomorrowland, Lollapalooza) but smaller niche ones too.
Australians might like our comfort zones and herd mentalities but we're much, much more likely to push boundaries too.

Quote: (11-18-2015 08:55 AM)JWLZG Wrote:  

It was basically an exotic version of the RSL back home.

Lol.

Recently I've seen tho mentality towards Asian women directed towards ESL European women as well.

I've been seeing a Polish girl for a while now and the quotes of condescension I've received from Australian girls have mimicked a lot of what I used to hear in regards to Asian/Australian couples.

It definitely appears to be a female shaming tactic.