rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sunglasses

Sunglasses

I sat on mine the other day so I'm shopping around instead of getting my usual all black Locs. What kind does everyone wear?

Sunglasses

To me there's only one kind. Ray-Ban Aviators - the original. There's a reason pilots and police men use them and not just the protection, immediate look of authority.

Stay away from the Wayfarers though or you'll be pegged immediately for a hipster.

Sunglasses

Vicious, very interesting insight. I have been rocking these solid black, clean wayfarers which have been a good look for me (and I am far from a hipster).

Personally I think aviators are too typical, too over done. If I were to rock any kind, it would be the ones you've mentioned

Sunglasses

I rock the black "Rayban" wayfarers. Paid $4 for them on the street in Vietnam. I don't care if they make me look like a hipster. I also own a pair of aviators with redish pink frames. Got them on St. Marks St. in NYC. You can find cool (but hipster looking) sunglasses at H&M. ALWAYS go with cheap knockoff shades.. nobody can tell the difference, nobody cares if they are fake, and it won't matter if you lose/break them since they cost under $10 to replace.

Sunglasses

Quote: (06-24-2011 02:26 AM)besilevans Wrote:  

Sun glasses is very useful things for every one. There are many brands and design available in sun glasses. Its very helpful to protect our eyes in dust area as well as in high sun light.

...Thanks bud

Sunglasses

Maybe I was a little to harsh on Wayfarers, it's mainly in the major cities and coloured that these glasses are the hipster calling card.

Sunglasses

I've always been a fan of aviators. I always break them so I usually buy cheap ones. Never been able to pull off Oakley's or sport type shades but I know some guys who can rock them pretty well. It all depends on your style and personality.

Sunglasses

Quote: (06-24-2011 01:29 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

To me there's only one kind. Ray-Ban Aviators - the original. There's a reason pilots and police men use them and not just the protection, immediate look of authority.

Stay away from the Wayfarers though or you'll be pegged immediately for a hipster.

aviators +1

I love aviators, and not just raybans. There's also burberry, D&G, carrera, etc.

Sunglasses

Quote: (06-24-2011 05:54 PM)wi30 Wrote:  

I've always been a fan of aviators. I always break them so I usually buy cheap ones. Never been able to pull off Oakley's or sport type shades but I know some guys who can rock them pretty well. It all depends on your style and personality.

Apparently Aviis are the sunglass of choice of the Roosh forums. I've been wearing 'em for years since a buddy threw a pair at me.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Sunglasses

http://www.revisioneyewear.com/vipertail.html
http://www.revisioneyewear.com/store/saw...tem-1.html

Sunglasses

Im looking for glasses too. I think it is important that one chooses sunglasses that compliment one's face.
unfortunately aviators dont look too great on me

All i have are ray's i bought 3 years ago that look similar to this

http://www.ray-ban.com/media/catalog/pro...342-03.png

Sunglasses

I have 2 pair.

1. Louis Vuitton Evidence - http://www.louisvuitton.com/us/flash/ind...prod560090

2. Maui Jim's - for the beach

Sunglasses

Maui Jims are the best for ANY occasion. I've tried the designer fashion shades: Prada, LV, Cartier and they actually suck for being on the beach or anytime you are under very strong sunlight. I live in Miami, and shades are of Paramount importance! Maui Jim is just top of the game, hands down!

Mixx

Sunglasses

I personally don't look good in aviators, so I stick to my 'old school' Oakley A wire's...a little bit sporty, but overkill.

Sunglasses

Silver mirrored aviators.

Oakley 987 http://www.oakley.com/products/4265/13929 (This cost fucking ~$600 locally here in Mumbai)

Nothing happens until a sale is made.

Sunglasses

I wear these.

[Image: 031.05.sun.front_000.JPG]

Allyn Scura Legend (the lenses are much darker in person)

If you don't have a big head, you may find most glasses oversized. People are just unaware that the shape may be right while the size is wrong. I've met salesmen who haven't an effin clue about frame sizing.

Persols are a little-known classic:

[Image: Persol_PO0649__108_33.jpg]

Sunglasses

Whats the consensus on wearing sunglasses in situations they arent needed, IE at night or inside? Still makes you a Dbag or can it be worked if done properly?

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Sunglasses

Quote: (06-30-2011 04:45 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

Whats the consensus on wearing sunglasses in situations they arent needed, IE at night or inside? Still makes you a Dbag or can it be worked if done properly?

Do you do a lot of coke?

Seriously, I don't do it but like anything else if you can pull if off and not give a shit then go for it.

I've worn Persols exclusively for over a decade. I like simple styles that aren't trendy and Persols have been around forever. They also last for a long time and since they're classics you can wear them as the expensive fads come and go, and they can be worn with all the styles of clothing I like to wear without looking out of place. They cost a bit but they're worth it, and it only takes breaking one pair to get really careful about keeping them intact. Well it took me two but I am a slow learner.

Not to mention Steve "I live for myself and I answer to nobody" McQueen wore them a lot, so there you go.

Whatever you wear, make sure they fit your face. It's like matching shirt collars to your facial shape. If you pick a pair because they're popular but they don't match the lines composing your body's image then something will look off about you. Persol PO 2288's are my current go to pair.

Sunglasses

Quote: (06-30-2011 04:45 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

When I'm feeling especially ridiculous I do it. There are special nights I'm on a roll and just don't give a shit and my outfit is outrageous on purpose. When I was partying at clubs in Vegas with "ballers" from India it was the only way to fit in. Oh, and aviators all the way.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Sunglasses

I only wear sunglasses when my girlfriend gives me a black eye.

Sunglasses

I have four pairs that I use for various purposes:
- American Aviator original pilot glasses. These are more square in the shape than the usual pilot glasses, and are the exact same type that the Apollo astronauts were issued and wore to the Moon (I just love that factoid). They're pretty heavy, so I use them sparingly in business and informal settings. I think they look great. And they're cheap.
- Serengeti Lamone. Superb driving glasses that are lightweight and have excellent sun protection and contrast. Not too expensive.
- Oakley Whisker. Pretty ordinary sunglasses with good protection. Daily wearers.
- Chinese-made Oakley knock-offs. Cost $5 from Focalprice, semi-decent quality. Used for running and biking.

Sunglasses

I just bought a pair of Maui Jim brand sunglasses at the mall. The model is called Lighthouse. Cost $150 plus tax. Very light and comfortable. The nose piece is very soft gummy rubber. I can barely feel them on my face.

Here's a pic. They are frameless. Look like 2 floating lenses. The frames are super bendable too. They look light colored in the pic but they are dark black in person. Neo Matrix Style kinda.

[Image: ht423-11-ht-18.jpg]

Team Nachos

Sunglasses

I have three different models of Ray-Bans. I rock the Outdoorsman Aviators (like the classic Aviators, except they have a black bar across the top, and the ends of the temples are flexible to hook behind your ears). I have some Wayfarers (I like the classic look), and a pair of Caravan Aviators (more squared-shaped lenses).

I also have some Marc Jacobs MJ045s (below, in black), which are a Wayfarer style. I also found some vintage aviators on the Deutsche Optik site years ago (it's a vintage military surplus catalog).

I only wear them when the sun is actually out, or if there is glare. The sunglasses at night or indoors thing has always baffled me. Unless you have a problem with your eyes and have light sensitivity, it's douche-like to wear them inside or in the dark.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Sunglasses

A friend gave me a pair of Ray Ban Aviators...which I now wear and have grown to like em (high quality)

I used to always have pairs of Costa Del Mar's (IMO) these are my favorite brand, a little pricy, but last forever, they fix them for free, and are perfect when out on the water

[Image: TT10OBMGLP.jpg]

Sunglasses

I usually go for a modern aviator style. Been rocking these recently:

[Image: ReuoU.jpg]

(Versace VE4165 for those interested.)

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?