rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Comforts of civic life shouldn't be taken for granted

The other day a pole near my apartment broke. Several blocks were devoid of electricity for hours. The dark neighborhood didn't quite look like what it used to be.

From the comfort of my home I looked at the workers who worked patiently for several hours in cold weather to restore the electricity and one thing was easy to notice: not a single one of them was a woman. I laugh at femfascists like Hannah Rosin who think men are obsolete. "We still need men for their sperm, alive!" These deluded feminists don't realize that if men drop their duties they will not only be starving and rolling in their own defecate, they will be raped by barbarians as well. The current situation is what I'd like to call "triumph of the weak" where the welfare and police states and the advancements of technology have enabled week people to pose as important.

From Heartiste:

Quote:Quote:

American journalism: A phony journalist working for a phony media website spends all day scrolling through Twatter feeds to find a feminist-congenial non-story about a slut seeking internet fame for her smelly vagina, which she and her crack team of Slate manlets and bluehairs will later fluff up into a 20,000 word essay on the evils of the patriarchy.

But civilization still needs its real backers.

A whore ain't nothing but a trick to a pimp. (Iceberg Slim)
Beauty is in the erection of the beholder. (duedue)
Grab your life by the pussy.
A better question to ask is "What EXACTLY do I want out of life and what EXACTLY am I doing to get EXACTLY that? If you can answer that question truthfully you will be the most Alpha motherfucker you will ever need to be. (PapayaTapper)

Good points.

Back when Hurricane Sandy hit NYC, I kept joking on my Facebook page that the New York Times writers really needed those men to get out there and fix everything, so they could write their anti-male columns in the comfort of the offices that men built.

Several people actually said they found this insightful. The sad part is they don't teach it in school because it's probably considered "sexism" and "hate."

Same old thing that ROK noticed: when the Depression hit, the grrl-power equivalents of the 1920s -- the flappers -- disappeared faster than rats up a drainpipe, mainly because society was ready to string up women who lived in luxury while the rest of the country was starving and raining bankers.

That aside, never let it be forgotten how thin a veneer of civilisation and order a modern city rests upon. Most of the West's cities would be uninhabitable without the vast agricultural transportation networks that supply them or without male-designed, male-operated, and male-maintained infrastructure to keep the lights on and the water running. This has always been the way and technology will not change that. Fuck, even medieval cities required about 10 agricultural workers to support one townsman. Katrina was a rather potent example of what happens when you remove some or all of those supports.

On the other hand, Katrina also shows us that even if you do remove those supports and chaos reigns, you will still have rich, deluded morons wasting everyone's time for political points: remember Sean Penn down there in lifeboats saying it was the only thing he could do to help? I mean, for fucking real? Guy with a seven figure bank and he thinks the best way he can leverage his time was to man a single oar on a rowboat?

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Quote: (11-10-2015 08:51 AM)Paracelsus Wrote:  

Remember Sean Penn down there in lifeboats saying it was the only thing he could do to help? I mean, for fucking real? Guy with a seven figure bank and he thinks the best way he can leverage his time was to man a single oar on a rowboat?

I'd rather have Sean Penn putting in some time in a row boat than at work in California, making another film unwatchable.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Paracelsus, I mentioned something similar in the migrant invasion thread.

I think I even mentioned NYC as a good example. If shit really starts to crumble, I wonder how long it would take before mayors and similar in small towns and exurbs and rural counties simply cut off a lot of roads and supplies. Most cities these days don't even have much in the way of manufacturing, where they used to at least where I am from, because it has all been moved to industrial parkways situated in the counties or small towns near old rail lines.

Whether it's immigrants in Europe displacing and becoming the majority or in America with white Americans becoming the minority in large metropolitan cities, I don't see it working out for them considering that in many places the blue collar workers are still predominately white and those that aren't tend to be the ones with more, for lack of a better term, 'white cultural values'. Which I think would mean they tend to move into less minority controlled areas.

Anywho.

I am still waiting for the day when I see a female construction worker. According to my feminist mother, they exist. However, I have never seen a woman paving the highway at 1 am.

Women these days think they can shop for a man like they shop for a purse or a pair of shoes. Sorry ladies. It doesn't work that way.

Women are like sandwiches. All men love sandwiches. That's a given. But sandwiches are only good when they're fresh. Nobody wants a day old sandwich. The bread is all soggy and the meat is spoiled.

-Parlay44 @ http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-35074.html

Quote: (11-10-2015 07:47 AM)duedue Wrote:  

I'm not afraid of heights and there is no way I would do this. Sad part is couple of hundred years from now someone will have this same job but he will fly up there in a jet pack

But we are here now to appreciate this mans effort

Quote: (11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.

Quote: (11-10-2015 09:54 AM)Troll King Wrote:  

I am still waiting for the day when I see a female construction worker. According to my feminist mother, they exist. However, I have never seen a woman paving the highway at 1 am.

[Image: amansworld1.jpg]

I saw a lot of women working on construction sites in places like Cambodia and Laos. However, they were always doing the lowest skilled jobs such as mixing cement by hand or filling in holes with shovels. The harder jobs were exclusively filled by men.

In general women prefer not to perform manual labor, and these women are no exception, but they take these jobs (at a lower wage than their male counterparts since the value of their labor is lower) since there are absolutely no other options for some women in such desperately poor countries. But nobody is dumb enough to put her to work in anything physically tiring, or requiring high levels of precision (such as operating machinery) as that would amount to inefficient allocation of resources.

Can you imagine the absolute frustration a site manager would experience if he had to manage a team of women operating diggers and steamrollers?! I'm sure nothing could go wrong here.
[Image: 681593_3426991_ver1.0_640_480.JPG]

Quote: (11-10-2015 10:23 AM)Oz. Wrote:  

I'm not afraid of heights and there is no way I would do this. Sad part is couple of hundred years from now someone will have this same job but he will fly up there in a jet pack

I've seen that video before, so I didn't watch it earlier when I came into this thread. I just started to watch it again, to make sure it is the same one, and damn.

I was never particularly afraid of heights. Especially when little but in my mid twenties, right around the time that the fear processing part of your brain, the last part to fully mature, is finally developed, I noticed that I get a bit nervous doing things that used to be second nature for me. Things like hanging over the edge of a balcony five or more stories up. Nothing horrible, just a nervous twinge.

Not even a third of the way into that video and my palms feel clammy and a bit sweaty. Damn, just damn.

I can't tell. Is that guy using any sort of safety gear? If he isn't, especially as he climbs outside of the cage, then I don't see how that is OSHA certified.

One time at the bar I met this guy who did that type of stuff. I doubt he went up that high, but he did go up pretty damn high. He told us how he had dropped his cell phone while trying to video record his ascent. Some how the phone survived and he showed up the video of him making it about half way up and then what the phone captured on the way down.

Edit: Just finished it and it looks like they do use safety harnesses on the outside. I would have though they would use a dual system though. It looked like just one tether.

Women these days think they can shop for a man like they shop for a purse or a pair of shoes. Sorry ladies. It doesn't work that way.

Women are like sandwiches. All men love sandwiches. That's a given. But sandwiches are only good when they're fresh. Nobody wants a day old sandwich. The bread is all soggy and the meat is spoiled.

-Parlay44 @ http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-35074.html

As if we don't have enough to worry about, according to Ted Koppel in his new book "Lights Out," hackers from foreign governments already have access to the power grids in the U.S., and are just sitting there, biding their time, waiting for the right moment to take them down:

In "Lights Out," Koppel paints a grim picture of a paralyzing power outage in the form of an all-out cyberattack on the nation's electrical grid.

"It's frightening," Koppel said. "I mean, it is frightening enough that my wife and I decided we were going to buy enough freeze-dried food for all of our kids and their kids."

"Who are the potential perpetrators here?" Reid asked. "Who do we have to fear the most? Is it Russia? China? Iran? Terrorists? Individual actors?"

"All those. The interesting thing, Chip, is the ones who are most capable are the ones least likely to do it.

"There are some experts who say they're already in."

"Well, they are in. There's no question about it. They are already in the grid. I was told that by the former Chief Scientist of NSA, he stated categorically the Russians are in, the Chinese are in. The Iranians may be on the verge of getting in. And then at the bottom of the capability scale are folks like ISIS, terrorist groups."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/in-the-dark-...-security/

Have a nice Tuesday, though.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

I've seen them directing traffic. Hard work waving that orange flag around...

Thanks, I feel great now!

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (11-10-2015 01:44 PM)Game_Started Wrote:  

I've seen them directing traffic. Hard work waving that orange flag around...

QUOTAS

Quote: (11-10-2015 10:27 AM)Horus Wrote:  

[Image: amansworld1.jpg]

I saw a lot of women working on construction sites in places like Cambodia and Laos. However, they were always doing the lowest skilled jobs such as mixing cement by hand or filling in holes with shovels. The harder jobs were exclusively filled by men.

In general women prefer not to perform manual labor, and these women are no exception, but they take these jobs (at a lower wage than their male counterparts since the value of their labor is lower) since there are absolutely no other options for some women in such desperately poor countries. But nobody is dumb enough to put her to work in anything physically tiring, or requiring high levels of precision (such as operating machinery) as that would amount to inefficient allocation of resources.

Can you imagine the absolute frustration a site manager would experience if he had to manage a team of women operating diggers and steamrollers?! I'm sure nothing could go wrong here.
[Image: 681593_3426991_ver1.0_640_480.JPG]

"Excavator operator his gas line, kills entire neighborhood, while trying to take a selfie in the cab"

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Quote: (11-10-2015 12:37 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  

As if we don't have enough to worry about, according to Ted Koppel in his new book "Lights Out," hackers from foreign governments already have access to the power grids in the U.S., and are just sitting there, biding their time, waiting for the right moment to take them down:

In "Lights Out," Koppel paints a grim picture of a paralyzing power outage in the form of an all-out cyberattack on the nation's electrical grid.

"It's frightening," Koppel said. "I mean, it is frightening enough that my wife and I decided we were going to buy enough freeze-dried food for all of our kids and their kids."

"Who are the potential perpetrators here?" Reid asked. "Who do we have to fear the most? Is it Russia? China? Iran? Terrorists? Individual actors?"

"All those. The interesting thing, Chip, is the ones who are most capable are the ones least likely to do it.

"There are some experts who say they're already in."

"Well, they are in. There's no question about it. They are already in the grid. I was told that by the former Chief Scientist of NSA, he stated categorically the Russians are in, the Chinese are in. The Iranians may be on the verge of getting in. And then at the bottom of the capability scale are folks like ISIS, terrorist groups."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/in-the-dark-...-security/

This is what all the "preppers" need to be ready for. I own two generators myself, the 4kW built into the motorhome and a 2kW inverter genset.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Quote: (11-10-2015 11:42 AM)Troll King Wrote:  

Quote: (11-10-2015 10:23 AM)Oz. Wrote:  

I've seen that video before, so I didn't watch it earlier when I came into this thread. I just started to watch it again, to make sure it is the same one, and damn.

I was never particularly afraid of heights. Especially when little but in my mid twenties, right around the time that the fear processing part of your brain, the last part to fully mature, is finally developed, I noticed that I get a bit nervous doing things that used to be second nature for me. Things like hanging over the edge of a balcony five or more stories up. Nothing horrible, just a nervous twinge.

Not even a third of the way into that video and my palms feel clammy and a bit sweaty. Damn, just damn.

I can't tell. Is that guy using any sort of safety gear? If he isn't, especially as he climbs outside of the cage, then I don't see how that is OSHA certified.

One time at the bar I met this guy who did that type of stuff. I doubt he went up that high, but he did go up pretty damn high. He told us how he had dropped his cell phone while trying to video record his ascent. Some how the phone survived and he showed up the video of him making it about half way up and then what the phone captured on the way down.

Edit: Just finished it and it looks like they do use safety harnesses on the outside. I would have though they would use a dual system though. It looked like just one tether.

Height isn't that scary if you have firm support holding you up.

But the guy in that video is climbing on tiny metal bars which would touch maybe a tenth of his foot. If I had to climb on that even 5 feet in the air I would tremble in fear every time I let go of something with one hand and went to move it up. Supported by 1 hand and 2 feet when your feet are on something that hard to balance on = high chance to slip, and then you freefall with 1 shoulder to take all the stress of the fall >_<