rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

North Coast of Spain - Swooping Topless Girls

We have a decent thread going on The South of Spain: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-4763.html

Any of you guys have experience with the North Coast of Spain?

Any info would be greatly appreciated on:

Santander (come heavy on this)
Bilbao
San Sebastian
Gijon
Small towns in between (come heavy on this)

(I for sure wont make it to Galicia)

Ie hotels, nightclubs, food, part of town to stay/swoop, local girl dynamic as say opposed to other parts of Spain etc.

Best beaches for swooping topless girls?

Sightseeing of note?

Festivals?

I think Running of the Bulls starts July 7th but I probably will skip as I have been twice.

And I saw Santander has this: July 25: Festivals of Saint James (But I guess it is bigger in Santiago de Compostela)

Also, San Sebastian has a jazz fest from 21-25 of July http://www.heinekenjazzaldia.com/?language=en

Any more?

Bust out the sheets!

Is the running of the bulls worth it? Was thinking about going this year. But bailed on the idea.

Quote: (06-17-2011 03:18 PM)Entropy4 Wrote:  

Is the running of the bulls worth it? Was thinking about going this year. But bailed on the idea.

I got pm'd a grip about this so I will just hit it up here.

Running of The Bulls is mindblowing, especially when compared to anything in America (outside of maybe Mardi Gras). Keep in mind though, I have never been to Carnivale so I can't make the comparison there.

The whole gig top to bottom is just not possible in America because of rules/regulations/people/Ed Hardy/skinny jeans/people in USA get to tired etc.

I have been twice when I was a young pup, so my data may no longer be valid.

I would say its worth it, its a week long party, people from all over the world, Mayhem. And I am not even talking about the actual "running". (If you have any specific questions, fire away). Probably mad hassles though with rooms etc.

Update:

I figured I should bust out a mini-sheet on Running of The Bulls:

1. Early on, it might not seem like it is going to go off. Trust me it will.
2. Scope out some low-profile spots to take girls for blowers, shakers and swoops on the fly.
3. Pace yourself. You need to stay up for the long haul. I am talking 6 am. You don't want to be a typical weesh American and get cooked by 2am. Or pass out like an idiot. This is hard core partying son.
4. Hit on every girl that is cute. Hell, you are in a crazy festival with tons of fly girls. If you don't, you will never see her again, so who cares?
5. Close Hard. Go for shakers, blowers and swoops. This is where #2 will pay heavy dividends. It is like owning AT&T stock.

Pull off three or four nights in a row at this gig, and you can sit at my poker table.

Personally, I wouldn't go back (got other fish to fry), and I would rather hit up the festivals in the smaller Spanish towns with zero Amerikooks.

Any one got the hot tips?

Quote:Quote:

The whole gig top to bottom is just not possible in America because of rules/regulations/people/Ed Hardy/skinny jeans/people in USA get to tired etc.

Loved this quote, genius! Couldn't have it in the UK either, too much health & safety bullshit. Has to be done someday though. Soon I think.

Quote: (06-17-2011 04:31 PM)Gringo Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

Loved this quote, genius! Couldn't have it in the UK either, too much health & safety bullshit. Has to be done someday though. Soon I think.

Yeah, I remember hearing somewhere that more people actually get injured at the festival from climbing on this tower and jumping into the crowd than from the actual Running.

That would last about .000008 seconds in America before the entire festival would be shut down forever.

Side benefit of getting injured during The Running:

You get your picture in the local paper!

Hey G, I lived in Spain for a year, my knowledge of hardcore gaming in El Pais Vasco is somewhat limited but I've spent enough time there to know, unfortunately it has a reputation for some of the worst looking girls in Spain, so I wouldn't get my hopes up in all honesty. However San Sebastian is where all the Spanish go to for their summer holidays, very nice but very expensive.

Options for other fiestas - main one:

- Fiesta de San Juan 23-24th June. DEFINITELY worth staying for, I lived in Barcelona when this was on and I can vouch that it was one of the best times I've ever had. Basically everyone starts drinking really early on the beach then the girls end up in clubs with their bikinis on...awesome. I was in Pacha for this and was there until about 10am partying hard! Recommend Barcelona for this.

Fiesta de la Virgen Blanca
This is a massive party in Vitoria commencing on 4th of August but the main day is the 5th of August. I wouldn't necessarily recommend hitting up Vitoria for previous mentioned reasons, however this festival could be worth checking out. Whilst I haven't been myself my Basque friends tell me it's sick. If you need more info I can get the lowdown.

On a side note...la fiesta de San Fermines..the bull run is a non-stop party from what I gather and you are going to have Sangria spilt all over your white t-shirt, so be ready!

dk902 -

Thanks for the the data, now we are getting somewhere.

"unfortunately it has a reputation for some of the worst looking girls in Spain"

I think its official now. Every region of Spain has now been mentioned on this board as "having the reputation of the worst looking girls in Spain".

How about bars and hotels in San Seb?

"I lived in Spain for a year"

Where?

"Fiesta de la Virgen Blanca"

Sounds interesting. Not on the beach though.

""you are going to have Sangria spilt all over your white t-shirt, so be ready!"

Never saw that go down once, but I guess anything is possible.

Anyone else have any data?

Quote: (06-18-2011 04:48 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

dk902 -

Thanks for the the data, now we are getting somewhere.

"unfortunately it has a reputation for some of the worst looking girls in Spain"

I think its official now. Every region of Spain has now been mentioned on this board as "having the reputation of the worst looking girls in Spain".

How about bars and hotels in San Seb?

"I lived in Spain for a year"

Where?

"Fiesta de la Virgen Blanca"

Sounds interesting. Not on the beach though.

""you are going to have Sangria spilt all over your white t-shirt, so be ready!"

Never saw that go down once, but I guess anything is possible.

Anyone else have any data?

Not been to San Sebastian, I intend to hit it up soon though, may stop over when I am in Madrid/Barcelona in September. As for other places in Spain, I can assure you any Spaniard worth his salt will tell you las vascas son las mas feas! Be sure to check out Fiesta de San Juan.

I used to live in Barcelona for around 10 months and spent about 5 months in Valencia - I was Erasmus and worked part too when I was a student, so I know a lot about the nightlife etc in both cities. I think I read somewhere you lived in Barcelona too? So I guess you don't need any info on BCN...but if you need some data on the Valencia scene then let me know.

"Not been to San Sebastian"

"As for other places in Spain, I can assure you any Spaniard worth his salt will tell you las vascas son las mas feas!"

I think this is because most of Spain doesn't like Basque people. They think they are very violent.

Spain is very proud of their different regions, I met a guy from Sevilla at a club in Barcelona and he told me the girls in Barcelona were ugly (meanwhile there were tons of hot girls walking past us every second) and how girls in Sevilla were way more beautiful. And Barcelona guys tell me the Sevillanas are low class.

Personally, I thought Barcelona has flyer girls than Sevilla, but that's neither here nor there. The point is, you can't listen to Spaniards on this issue.

Its kind of like talking to guys from Bogota or Medellin, they both will say the other girls are the worst in the world.

For the record, San Sebastian does have fly girls. Especially in summer. French Basque country is also beyond mindblowing in summer.

It is possible that I may make it to Valencia, break it down.

Any one else have some "first hand knowledge"?

"I think this is because most of Spain doesn't like Basque people. They think they are very violent."

Interesting...could be, I am personally a fan of them my best friend in Spain is from Vitoria, and they're a very proud and hospitable people. Contrary to the stereotype trotted around by most Spaniards.

"Spain is very proud of their different regions"

Oh yes and none more so that the Catalans, damn.

Ok so let's break down Valencia

Valencia is Spain's 3rd biggest city with a population of around 1,175,000 million. So there's plenty to go out. Whilst not as cosmoplitan as it's Catalan sister Barcelona or the capital Madrid, it still has it's own charm and style, and has a very Spanish vibe, as Valencians are proud Spaniards, unlike many Catalans. This was the last city to fall to Franco during the civil war. So Valencia retains a strong Spanish identity, whilst the street signs are often dual Valenciano-Castellano..you are not bombarded with Valenciano as with Catalan in Barcelona. For the record, Valenciano (the local language) and Catalan are the same language in all but name...just a political thing.

The ladies are typically morenas, although you do get a few rubias and other mixed types. Valencian girls like to look after their appearance and like to party, plastic surgery is not uncommon in Valencia. A lot of guys go to the gym to get jacked. Whilst not as international as Barcelona, Valencia has a MASSIVE student population, and it's especially popular with ERASMUS students. So you can find fly Italian, German, French and Swedish girls all over the place during term time, roughly September through to June. I wasn't there during June-July, however I can imagine there won't be as many foreign women due to study ending, but you can bet your bottom dollar there will be women everywhere, as many Spaniards have summer houses in the Valencia region.

My experience with SNLs with Valencian girls was that sometimes it was like striking gold with a girl who would put out the same night, so it might take a few more approaches and time, but it can be done. In terms of people going out, I would say it's a halfway house between the UK and Colombia, whilst girls might not necessarily go out looking to get chatted up by guys a la UK/America...they don't always go out in massive social groups a la Colombia. Fluent Spanish here is a must, as with the majority of Spain, the level of English here is poor.

Night time venues

Indiana
A very modern club, more a of a poser type place but not overly snobbish. Popular with the locals...has fish tanks with sharks in, pretty cool. Mostly electro music, can find girls here in groups of 2-3, although quite loud, but worth a shot. Entry €20 including 1 Consumación (drink).

Cafe Cantante
Small venue and intimate venue, nothing special but always full of chicks and especially ERASMUS student chicks. One of my favourite hunting grounds. Plays mostly popular music.

L'Umbracle
Cool outdoor club located next to Ciudad de artes y ciencias, again popular with the foreign crowd and Valencianos alike. Stumbled on some Swedish chicks on my last visit, very cool and worth a visit. Electro music.

La Luna Rossa
Another nightclub with an outdoor section and a few dark strobe lighting electro rooms, think it also has a hip-hop room. Located a stone's throw from the beach. Plenty of scope for gaming fly girls in the large outdoor section.

Rumbo 144
Big ERASMUS student venue. Dark and a bit dingy in all honesty..all types of music. Can get quite a young crowd in there sometimes, probably more of a venue to try if you're striking out at others, but maybe easier lays as you get some drunk students in there.

Bananas
You have to take a train ride for this, I can't remember how long exactly but maybe 30 mins or so from Valencia, very popular at weekends i.e. Sat night with the locals. Last train there first train back deal with this one. Good experience. Would recommend if you feel like doing something different, fairly young crowd in there.

Radio City
Alternative vibe and alternative chicks, indie type vibe, although they do play some electro (notice the majority of clubs in Valencia like to play electro/house). I noticed it had a bit of bi/lesbian/gay scene in there too, but you do get the odd fly girl. Nothing special, again do as per Rumbo above if striking out elsewhere.

Bars

I had some success in Irish bars..again these places are frequented by tourists, ex-pats and girls who like to meet foreigners, although the locals do like the Guinness and Irish vibe, so can be a mix.

St.Patricks
Cool staff, friendly vibe, should find chicks there at the weekend looking to hook-up. Can be found on Marques del Turia.

Mulligans
Next to Amistad Metro stop, bit more intimate than St.Patricks and smaller.

There is a massive Cafe Culture as well, so you can stumble upon any random cafe that may look good, go with the flow.

Barrio del Carmen
This is the old town of Valencia and you can swoop fly traveling girls there during the day time sightseeing. Nice on the eye too. Has one bar located there called Jonny Maracas - salsa bar, so good if you like that type of crowd. Be sure to try the local drink 'Agua de Valencia' while you're there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agua_de_valencia

Also Plaza Honduras has a host of bars and one club, but I can't remember their names exactly.

Plaza de la Reina is a nice area next to Barrio del Carmen, it's a huge square with lots of places to eat and cafes dotted all around it. So ideal for day gaming. Located also conveniently next to it is the shopping district next to Xativa metro stop, with El Corte Ingles (big upmarket shopping centre). On the bottom floor of Corte Ingles there is a huge makeup and perfume section, lots of fly girls and cute sales assistants, so be sure to check it out.

Always lots of girls hanging out in that district during the day shopping, the retail chain Zara (think Spanish Urban outfitters) is in plentiful supply so be sure to go into one to run some retail day-game.

The train station is right next to this district too, always lots of people hanging around there...the bull ring is also next to the train station, smack in the city centre...if that's your thing.

The beach is not bad for a city beach and is nicer than Barcelona, but as with Barcelona you have to venture a little outside of the city to get the nicest ones...beach is packed in Summers, and is prime for beach game and volleyball/frisbee/bat and ball fun. Foreign girls and locals alike.

The city of arts and sciences is a huge tourist attraction and is basically the face of Valencia (see picture below), worth a visit. And always chicks there during the day.

The University campus is good provided it's in study season, Tarongers campus (means Orange in Valenciano, as the region is famous for Oranges) plays host to a lot of fly women and you can easily grab a seat in one of the cafes and ask for Spanish grammatical help, a la Roosh. Girls galore all day around there provided it's study time.

The city itself is generally pretty safe, the only shady type area ia the area next to the beach, near Neptu metro stop and Malvarossa is more of a prostitute type area and a little bit run down, but not massively dangerous. The metro is clean, efficient and easy to use. Can get around easily on foot around the city centre, plenty to see and do for short and long stays alike. It's not as fly as it's sister city Barcelona, but Valencia has it's own charm and is worth a visit. Although to reap the rewards you have to put in the work with the locals here, so an extended stay may bare fruit.

Names and locations of nightlife:

http://www.reservas.net/alojamiento_hote...otecas.htm

Oh and if you're hungry after a night out, the only place I remember being open i.e. 5am onwards sorta time is a pizzeria called Da Vinci's on Avda Blasco Ibáñez opposite Rumbo 144 nightclub.

Quote: (06-18-2011 01:02 PM)dk902 Wrote:  

"I think this is because most of Spain doesn't like Basque people. They think they are very violent."

Interesting...could be, I am personally a fan of them my best friend in Spain is from Vitoria, and they're a very proud and hospitable people. Contrary to the stereotype trotted around by most Spaniards.

"Spain is very proud of their different regions"

Oh yes and none more so that the Catalans, damn.

Ok so let's break down Valencia

Valencia is Spain's 3rd biggest city with a population of around 1,175,000 million. So there's plenty to go out. Whilst not as cosmoplitan as it's Catalan sister Barcelona or the capital Madrid, it still has it's own charm and style, and has a very Spanish vibe, as Valencians are proud Spaniards, unlike many Catalans. This was the last city to fall to Franco during the civil war. So Valencia retains a strong Spanish identity, whilst the street signs are often dual Valenciano-Castellano..you are not bombarded with Valenciano as with Catalan in Barcelona. For the record, Valenciano (the local language) and Catalan are the same language in all but name...just a political thing.

The ladies are typically morenas, although you do get a few rubias and other mixed types. Valencian girls like to look after their appearance and like to party, plastic surgery is not uncommon in Valencia. A lot of guys go to the gym to get jacked. Whilst not as international as Barcelona, Valencia has a MASSIVE student population, and it's especially popular with ERASMUS students. So you can find fly Italian, German, French and Swedish girls all over the place during term time, roughly September through to June. I wasn't there during June-July, however I can imagine there won't be as many foreign women due to study ending, but you can bet your bottom dollar there will be women everywhere, as many Spaniards have summer houses in the Valencia region.

My experience with SNLs with Valencian girls was that sometimes it was like striking gold with a girl who would put out the same night, so it might take a few more approaches and time, but it can be done. In terms of people going out, I would say it's a halfway house between the UK and Colombia, whilst girls might not necessarily go out looking to get chatted up by guys a la UK/America...they don't always go out in massive social groups a la Colombia. Fluent Spanish here is a must, as with the majority of Spain, the level of English here is poor.

Night time venues

Indiana
A very modern club, more a of a poser type place but not overly snobbish. Popular with the locals...has fish tanks with sharks in, pretty cool. Mostly electro music, can find girls here in groups of 2-3, although quite loud, but worth a shot. Entry €20 including 1 Consumación (drink).

Cafe Cantante
Small venue and intimate venue, nothing special but always full of chicks and especially ERASMUS student chicks. One of my favourite hunting grounds. Plays mostly popular music.

L'Umbracle
Cool outdoor club located next to Ciudad de artes y ciencias, again popular with the foreign crowd and Valencianos alike. Stumbled on some Swedish chicks on my last visit, very cool and worth a visit. Electro music.

La Luna Rossa
Another nightclub with an outdoor section and a few dark strobe lighting electro rooms, think it also has a hip-hop room. Located a stone's throw from the beach. Plenty of scope for gaming fly girls in the large outdoor section.

Rumbo 144
Big ERASMUS student venue. Dark and a bit dingy in all honesty..all types of music. Can get quite a young crowd in there sometimes, probably more of a venue to try if you're striking out at others, but maybe easier lays as you get some drunk students in there.

Bananas
You have to take a train ride for this, I can't remember how long exactly but maybe 30 mins or so from Valencia, very popular at weekends i.e. Sat night with the locals. Last train there first train back deal with this one. Good experience. Would recommend if you feel like doing something different, fairly young crowd in there.

Radio City
Alternative vibe and alternative chicks, indie type vibe, although they do play some electro (notice the majority of clubs in Valencia like to play electro/house). I noticed it had a bit of bi/lesbian/gay scene in there too, but you do get the odd fly girl. Nothing special, again do as per Rumbo above if striking out elsewhere.

Bars

I had some success in Irish bars..again these places are frequented by tourists, ex-pats and girls who like to meet foreigners, although the locals do like the Guinness and Irish vibe, so can be a mix.

St.Patricks
Cool staff, friendly vibe, should find chicks there at the weekend looking to hook-up. Can be found on Marques del Turia.

Mulligans
Next to Amistad Metro stop, bit more intimate than St.Patricks and smaller.

There is a massive Cafe Culture as well, so you can stumble upon any random cafe that may look good, go with the flow.

Barrio del Carmen
This is the old town of Valencia and you can swoop fly traveling girls there during the day time sightseeing. Nice on the eye too. Has one bar located there called Jonny Maracas - salsa bar, so good if you like that type of crowd. Be sure to try the local drink 'Agua de Valencia' while you're there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agua_de_valencia

Also Plaza Honduras has a host of bars and one club, but I can't remember their names exactly.

Plaza de la Reina is a nice area next to Barrio del Carmen, it's a huge square with lots of places to eat and cafes dotted all around it. So ideal for day gaming. Located also conveniently next to it is the shopping district next to Xativa metro stop, with El Corte Ingles (big upmarket shopping centre). On the bottom floor of Corte Ingles there is a huge makeup and perfume section, lots of fly girls and cute sales assistants, so be sure to check it out.

Always lots of girls hanging out in that district during the day shopping, the retail chain Zara (think Spanish Urban outfitters) is in plentiful supply so be sure to go into one to run some retail day-game.

The train station is right next to this district too, always lots of people hanging around there...the bull ring is also next to the train station, smack in the city centre...if that's your thing.

The beach is not bad for a city beach and is nicer than Barcelona, but as with Barcelona you have to venture a little outside of the city to get the nicest ones...beach is packed in Summers, and is prime for beach game and volleyball/frisbee/bat and ball fun. Foreign girls and locals alike.

The city of arts and sciences is a huge tourist attraction and is basically the face of Valencia (see picture below), worth a visit. And always chicks there during the day.

The University campus is good provided it's in study season, Tarongers campus (means Orange in Valenciano, as the region is famous for Oranges) plays host to a lot of fly women and you can easily grab a seat in one of the cafes and ask for Spanish grammatical help, a la Roosh. Girls galore all day around there provided it's study time.

The city itself is generally pretty safe, the only shady type area ia the area next to the beach, near Neptu metro stop and Malvarossa is more of a prostitute type area and a little bit run down, but not massively dangerous. The metro is clean, efficient and easy to use. Can get around easily on foot around the city centre, plenty to see and do for short and long stays alike. It's not as fly as it's sister city Barcelona, but Valencia has it's own charm and is worth a visit. Although to reap the rewards you have to put in the work with the locals here, so an extended stay may bare fruit.

Names and locations of nightlife:

http://www.reservas.net/alojamiento_hote...otecas.htm

Oh and if you're hungry after a night out, the only place I remember being open i.e. 5am onwards sorta time is a pizzeria called Da Vinci's on Avda Blasco Ibáñez opposite Rumbo 144 nightclub.

From what you know and have heard.., which city is a better place to go overall. Granada or San Sebastian?

alb3 -

"From what you know and have heard.., which city is a better place to go overall. Granada or San Sebastian?"

Never been to Granada, but it sounds like you are comparing mangoes and papayas.

Granada, from what I know, is a town in the mountains (or near), with tons of history, architecture and University students.

San Sebastian is a Basque country town on one of the most stunning beaches in the world.

Seems like the choice would be easy, depending on what you are looking for.

Anybody have any Data on Santander?

Looks like I will be hitting the great unknown.

Granada is the best cultural spot in España, you have the Alhambra, cathedrals and other stuff. Tons of andaluzas fly girls, a big college and really good food, it's not that expensive.

San Sebastian, on the other hand, is really expensive, top food, vascos are really proud of everything, mostly gastronomy. And the beach is good but it's a little cold. I prefer Caribbean beaches.

Catalanas(Barcelona) are not that great, there are a lot of fly girls because of immigration, from Spain and from Europe in general.
Vascas are kind of ugly, the true vascas, the ones with lastnames with Ks and Gs.
Gallegas are so so and the language is weird(mix of Portugues and Español) but the food is top.
Valencianas so so.
I love the Castilla la Mancha/Madrid region in terms of girls and things to do.
Andalucia has beautiful girls and the culture is much more laid back.

Bars -

Good breakdown. Sounds like you know a lot of Spain.

Whats your thoughts on Cantabria (Santander)? Ever been?

Alicante? Are you including them with the "Valencianas so so."?

"Andalucia has beautiful girls and the culture is much more laid back."

What can you tell me about Almeria?

That place seems to have minimal data on it out there and I have always been intrigued.

Am I correct in saying your favorite part of Spain is Castilla la Mancha/Madrid?

thegmanifesto,

Yeah, I've lived in España, it was a great experience altough I didn't like the food that much, just the wines, I'm a steak lover and everything overthere is pork and stuff like that.

Never been to Cantabria, I've heard that Santander is good for students, I really recommend Asturias though, girls are more femenine, lighter skin than the rest of España, Oviedo is the place to go but really all Asturias is good. It's also often overlooked by tourists so you have a little bit of the exotic factor. Did you watched Vicky, Cristina, Barcelona? Oviedo is the town of Javier Bardem's father.

I'm including Alicante with Valencianas but the beach is different, try Benidorm, more like a resort town but it's pretty cool.

I don't have much to say about Almeria, I've heard that the town is pretty cool and the univeristy has tons of good looking girls, however, one friend told me that their "fiestas" are not as famous(like San Fermin) but are pretty dope.

"Fiesta de San Juan" and "Feria de Almería"

And yes, I still need to travel more inside Spain but I think my favorite part is Castilla la Mancha/Madrid. I like Barcelona for being more international and european but I like Madrid for being more spanish.

@ bars

Solid advice.

"I'm including Alicante with Valencianas but the beach is different, try Benidorm, more like a resort town but it's pretty cool."

Whilst Benidorm undoubtedly has it's own charm. I would outright avoid it if I was looking for something quintessentially Spanish. It was developed as a resort holiday destination primarily for Western Europeans and is notorious with the English along with Magaluf in Mallorca and other such places

That is not where you want to be going over summer in España, with hordes and hordes of English people getting pissed out of their minds all day and night. It's a haven for your classic English package holiday. Not my cup of tea, but each to their own. Personally, I can't stand those types of places, I want to get to know the local culture, and more so the local girls.

What dk902 says it's true, altough, Benidorm and the beaches around have a lot of spaniards when is not top season.

I think that the real España it's in Castilla-La Mancha, Andalucia and Asturias/Galicia.

bars -

"Oviedo is the place to go but really all Asturias is good."

Got data on Gijon?

"It's also often overlooked by tourists so you have a little bit of the exotic factor."

I am thinking this may be the case with Santander as well.

"I don't have much to say about Almeria, I've heard that the town is pretty cool and the univeristy has tons of good looking girls, however, one friend told me that their "fiestas" are not as famous(like San Fermin) but are pretty dope."

Yeah, I am actually more down with the lesser known festivals in Spain.

dk902 -

Where is the best area to stay in Valencia?

Near the Beach?

In the old city?

Here: Navarro Reverter, 14
46004 Valencia, Spain ?

Keeping in mind, girls, clubs etc

For you guys with experience in Spain...In this harsh economic times,how foreigners with latin/darker features are being perceived by the spanish people,specially in the North?They will tend to assume that you are an Illegal alien seeking job?

When I was in Portugal I was treated quite rudely sometimes in cofee shops,stores etc when people heard my Brazilian accent.It really pissed me of sometimes.And I'm a clean cut , educated guy,Portuguese citizen etc.When I was in Spain,I was treated way better than in Portugal at the time,but this was 5 yrs ago and I only went to Barcelona and Madrid.

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Quote: (06-29-2011 07:44 AM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

For you guys with experience in Spain...In this harsh economic times,how foreigners with latin/darker features are being perceived by the spanish people,specially in the North?They will tend to assume that you are an Illegal alien seeking job?

When I was in Portugal I was treated quite rudely sometimes in cofee shops,stores etc when people heard my Brazilian accent.It really pissed me of sometimes.And I'm a clean cut , educated guy,Portuguese citizen etc.When I was in Spain,I was treated way better than in Portugal at the time,but this was 5 yrs ago and I only went to Barcelona and Madrid.

It depends, the educated Spaniards appreciate that you are a tourist and understand that you are there spending your coin but some stupid people would think that you are the cause of their economic crisis.

I was there recently and I didn't have any problem, just one guy called me moro(moor), I look like a exotic spaniard with arab features and sometimes people think that I'm Brazilian, tanned, black hair, really hairy but in the metro I heard a group of people calling sudacas and being really rude to some ecuatorians and peruvians.

I lived in Spain, Mallorca to be exact - in a small village, north west of the island, a stunning place - in between mountains and the sea, the tiny village next door (Fornalutx) has been voted prettiest village in Spain on two occassions. The local gals in these areas won't give you the time of day though, the locals treat all outsiders with the same branded stick. For gaming I went to Palma the capital (30 mins by car) and had a field day with all the tourists coming in for their 2 weeks of sun, sand & frolics.

I went to Sevilla for New Years, spent 5 days in this wonderful city, the girls were super pretty and more open to johnny gringo, spent my nights in side street bars sampling the wonderful music and flamenco. Like Granada, Sevilla is a historical city but on a bigger scale - if you go make sure you catch a footy game, the local derby between Betis & Sevilla always kicks off.

Thats my two pesetas worth anyhuw.

Mr.GM -

"For you guys with experience in Spain...In this harsh economic times,how foreigners with latin/darker features are being perceived by the spanish people,specially in the North?They will tend to assume that you are an Illegal alien seeking job?"

Not sure, but I don't think it would be an issue.

Here is the strange thing about Spain:

You hear these problems with youth unemployment skyrocketing and all these other problems, but I just don't see it.

It seems like biz as usual. People seem to have money, people are constantly going out, are happy and partying, and there are no mobs of youth hooligans roaming the streets. Zero homeless. Zero poverty. Clean streets. Almost a Utopia.

America seems 1000% worse.

Anyone else have any take on this?

Maybe it could be where I have been, but I have been a bunch of different places in Spain lately.

thegmanifesto

I disagree with you, maybe you're just in the tourist area but talking with the españoles they are really mad but yeah, it's their way of life to drink and party, even in crisis. There is no poverty per se but the most that you can afford to earn(if you get a job) is 1,000euros, these people are called mileuristas and that's just enough to get by day by day.

The youngsters and the college graduates are the most angry, I have a friend that finished a Bussines Major and he only got a job as a cashier in Mercadona(like Wal-Mart)

bars-

I don't think I have been "just in the tourist areas", but I have been at the beach a lot. I think you say you roll to Madrid a lot, and I haven't rolled there in years so maybe that could have something to do with it.

Or maybe I am just hanging with rich people.

Still, I never see homeless, and never see kids on the prowl. Conversely, California is awash with homeless, and although kids aren't necessarily on the prowl (not sure why cell phones? video games), they were in my day.

Ireland, for instance seemed way more pissed off. And the day before I got there, my parents saw a kid grab a handbag.