rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Adventure or Money? and life options for those in their mid 20's. Advice please

Hi guys,
I am in the midst of making some major life decisions, and I thought what better people to ask than those at RVF. I have been reading threads here for the last year and the advice and progressive thinking I've witnessed have made me a convert.

Yes, this is my first thread, and I am asking for advice, but hopefully I will be able to provide some value as well based on my life experiences, so if anyone has any questions I would love to answer them.

Disclaimer: I APOLOGIZE FOR THE EXTREMELY LONG POST. I just started typing and it got kind of out hand. Feel free to skim over it if you like, or skip to the end where I list some of the options I am considering for my next move haha. Thanks!

My story:

****I have unfortunately had to edit this post and remove my life story to protect myself from SJW's during the Meetup fiasco of Feb 6, 2016. There was just way too much personally identifying information here if you put the pieces together.

Current situation:

25 years old, living at my parents house this last month while deciding my next life move. Although I wasted a lot of time when I was younger, it has ultimately brought me to this point in my life where I now feel I am about to thrive. My motivation is at an all time high, as well as my game, and confidence. I have the partying under control.

I am ready to take full responsibility for my financial situation, and am sick of being perpetually broke. Although I still have the travel wanderlust, if it means settling in one spot for a few years to earn some real money then so be it.

My top priorities right now are saving money, meeting women, and hitting the gym hard.

I have not forgot about the digital nomad thing either, and plan on continuing to try and build a passive income on the side through writing ebooks for kindle, and building an ecommerce dropshipping store.

Here are my ideas:

1. Getting my real estate license, and trying to break into commercial real estate. I know this is highly competitive, and with my limited experience and just a bachelors in Anthropology, I'm not sure how plausible this is. I think I have the drive though. I could become a residential real estate broker, but there is nowhere near the same amount of money to be made. This option will also lock me down to one area for a long period of time.

2. Working some menial jobs like kitchen or hospitality for massive hours, while living at my parents house for a while to put some money away. Then moving abroad to take a second shot at digital nomadism where I can focus on just building passive income instead of doing freelance stuff. I don't really like this option though, as living at my parents sucks for my dating life, and I could easily end up right back where I started if the online stuff doesn't work out.

3. Continue to satisfy my wanderlust. Get a TEFL and move to South Korea to teach English for a year, where I've heard others say it is possible to save at least $1000 per month. There isn't really an end game with this option, but at least I would have some sort of bankroll then for my next endeavour, while enjoying a foreign country. Everything I have read on here is pretty negative about korean girls though. It would be nice to teach somewhere like Colombia, but then I am not going to save any money...

4. Take another seasonal job in a national park. It would likely be some shit job, but the potential to have a good time and enjoy awesome recreation is high. I could also probably save a few thousand over the course of a season. However, this isn't going to advance my career, and internet will be bad in these areas so I won't make any passive income progress. Maybe if I wait until the winter season starts I could get a management job, or another tour guide job which would be slightly better...

5. Working in the oil sands. This could set me up well money wise, and I have the hardworking attitude to be successful. However, I am American which provides some challenges, as well as not having any trades experience. I have also read that with the price of oil plummeting, there have been massive layoffs, and getting into this profession is no longer about just showing up.

Does anyone know of any similar alternatives that would allow me to work really hard for a few months to stack up a boatload of cash? I have thought about wildland firefighting, or working on an alaskan fishing boat, but I don't think these have the same sort of potential as working in oil.

6. Was just offered a job by an adventure travel company in Boston, but for the first few years I would probably just be in a call center doing customer service type shit until I advance in the company. Pay is only 35k. On this salary in Boston I would probably go broke, and the work itself would suck, but there is some potential in the company, and I have never lived in a city before so that would be a good experience at least, while providing me lots of opportunities to meet women.

7. Other options? I really am open to anything and I know this forum has a lot of smart people with similar life goals to me. I am willing to go back to school if I have to to get a masters, but I would really prefer not to, rather leveraging my current life experience, degree, and motivation to take action RIGHT NOW. I have already read through almost every thread on the first 10 pages of lifestyle so just soaking it all in currently. What path can I take to maximize my money, travel, and women opportunites both now and in the future? BTW, I currently only have about 3k to my name to work with.

THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE GUYS. I have learned so much from this forum already. I have taken the red pill, and am a much better man for it. The future is looking bright.

Oy vey your post is all over the place. Your story is no different than most people on the forum.

SO to recap:
1. You have an anthropology degree
2. You have 3k in savings.
3. You're living with mom and dad.
4. You have a foreign wanderlust.

Do you have any outstanding student debt from college?

Honestly, the opportunity for making a quick 6 figures in the oil sands are over. Have you seen the price of oil recently?

I'd get onto Linkedin and start looking at jobs in tourism and hospitality that allow you to travel where you'd like. Maybe consider getting a job on a cruise ship. There's a datasheet on here for cruise ship careers somewhere in this forum. Also, consider looking up how to become a skipper, chef, first mate, etc for rich people on their yachts.

Keep working on your digital nomad stuff, though I doubt you will be able to pull an income to sustain yourself the way you'd like. Use the money and put it into an IRA to lower our income tax burden.

Get a remote job, then you can do both at the same time.

You have a liberal arts degree so I'm going to assume you can write.

Try copywriting, there's plenty of gigs online, at places like upwork/elance etc

If you can do it from a computer , you can do it anywhere

Music production, graphic design, translation work, programming ... the list is pretty long

Hey man,

I wouldn't worry too much about the mistakes that you've made. You're back in the light now and have a good foundation on which to move forward.

If those are really your three main goals then it seems to me that the most difficult one will be to bang hot girls. So I would make that your first consideration. The other two are fairly straightforward because you can always live a frugal lifestyle and lift at home or ay any gym, but even so there are a lot of otherwise cool places in the world with some pretty basic girls. Those all seem like pretty good options though so any of those options with good-looking girls nearby should have you set up to accomplish what you've stated are your goals.

Your stories sound fun for a guy in his early 20s.

Without building up some personal wealth I don't think they will sound as fun in your early 30s. And much less in your early 40s.

Just food for thought.

One big question to everyone:

Why does no one consider being a male flight attendant?

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

For some reason, most male flight attendants are gay.

Being a flight attendant could be a good way to travel and meet girls but a couple things give me pause:

- non-transferrable skills (serving orange juice and handling fat women)
- low pay and benefits, at least at first
- traveling that often will fuck with your health and diet. I think that you'd have to be quite disciplined to stay fit and healthy
- sense of isolation and rootlessness. You have friends in many different cities but you're not really a central part of their lives since you may only be in town for a few days per month. You find yourself missing important events like graduations, birthdays, taking your cousin on his 16th birthday to lose his virginity to a prostitute, etc.

Quote: (07-09-2015 07:10 PM)Travesty444 Wrote:  

Why does no one consider being a male flight attendant?

If you're a flight attendant you're basically everybody's bitch on the flight. You spend 12 hours on a flight serving annoying people drinks and putting on a friendly face. You stop over in a foreign city for 1 night, likely too exhausted to even do much.

That's my impression of flight attendants. Seems like a very lousy job. They're probably more prone to getting sick too from excessive traveling and being crammed in small spaces with other people for extended periods of time.

What city do you live in?

You are still very young at 25. I work in Commercial Real Estate so if you have any questions PM me and i'll try and respond when I have some time.

Quote: (07-09-2015 01:49 PM)WhatTheFuck Wrote:  

6. Was just offered a job by an adventure travel company in Boston, but for the first few years I would probably just be in a call center doing customer service type shit until I advance in the company. Pay is only 35k. On this salary in Boston I would probably go broke, and the work itself would suck, but there is some potential in the company, and I have never lived in a city before so that would be a good experience at least, while providing me lots of opportunities to meet women.

Yes you will definitely go broke.

Quote: (07-09-2015 09:13 PM)Biz Wrote:  

Yes you will definitely go broke.

And Boston women aren't worth meeting.

Your story sounds a bit similar to mine.

I spent a couple of years living in Eastern Europe, i worked random jobs and did volunteer work here and there.. i survived mostly on some savings from previous unskilled work in Australia and maintained it through some work i picked up in hospitality.

The overall impression i got from your post is you want results now; as does everyone in the world and i'm sure this is further catalyzed by your recent travels, however in my experience the hard reality is it's going to take time and sacrifice and you'll probably have to live a mediocre life for a while until you establish yourself.

When i returned home in September of last year i was completely broke and had nothing, i had probably the best time of my life for the last couple of years dating and banging gorgeous eastern European women, working in hospitality and networking my way through a vast social circle of people connected to the nightlife, business's and expat community.. i effectively built a life but the foundations were built on sand and i was unable to sustain it due to lack of initial planning and financial structure.

Hitting the absolute bottom is what i needed to understand the importance of delayed gratification and developing a long-term plan. Moving back in with my folks after so much independence was hard especially at 25 but instead of seeing it as a burden i saw it as an opportunity to build wealth, coming back to Australia after EE was also depressing and i can't stand it here.. but it provides me with the opportunity to make a lot of money.

I've gone ultra monk mode and have banked close to 30k since getting back. I have a target goal in mind i want to reach, and in the mean-time im developing my writing skills and teaching myself about finance/investing and business. Life isn't fun right now, its a lot of work and is tedious.. but i realized after hitting the bottom that i don't want to find myself in this position in my 30's.

So to answer the original question Adventure of Money? - I would say focus on building your finance's now and allow for adventure later.. the adventure becomes less fun as you get older if you let your finances slip.

First things first, no Boston. Great town if you grew up there and want to remain there for your life. However, for an outsider, going to be a tough go. Also, expensive and so stuffy and angry.

Onto more fun things, it seems you are observant by nature and enjoy processing information. CRE is a fantastic career and you can make a killing. I'm a recruiter and one of my rules is to always have three filters when determining if I am going to work on something. What do these filters do? They narrow scope and let me know my client is serious because there is a germane and specific requirement in front of me. The point is; start filtering CRE. You'd probably enjoy research and valuation so your first step is to understand what that is and the key components. Next question to ask yourself and enlist Bman's help is learn about the different segments of CRE because it is massive.

If you have specific questions on other industries, I'll do my best to answer them for you.

Adventure or Money? How about both?

Blueprint for Saving Money, Traveling Abroad, Learning Skills, and Launching Startups:

1. Get Hired Abroad

Get a teaching job in Korea or China. If you prefer stability, Korea. If you prefer adventure, China.

I strongly suggest you try China. You are asking if you should choose money or adventure. If you set your situation up correctly in China, you should be able to save $1000-1500 USD per month while also traveling to unique places every once in a while and experiencing a dramatically foreign culture.

2. Save $1K monthly for 2-3 years, thus saving $24,000-36,000 USD

Once you secure a position and a work visa, set up your life so that you are saving $1K monthly by default. In Korea you should be able to do this with basically only your 20 hours/week job. In China you might have to tutor on the side. At your age I suggest you go to China so that you can learn Mandarin, make local connections, and be able to potentially explore business opportunities.

Again, I strongly suggest China. Specifically cities like Chengdu, Shenzhen, Qingdao, and other rising second tier cities. While you would end up making somewhat less money there than in first tier cities, your cost of living can be dramatically lower.

3. Skill Acquisition

If you did all of this correctly, you should be working a maximum of 30-35 hours per week while saving $1000-1500 USD per month. This is your ideal situation. You use your free time to:

-Get into the best shape of your life
-Learn Mandarin as fluently as possible
-Pick up digital location independent skill sets
-Start business ventures

You will fail at the majority of the business ventures you try, which is why having a 20-30 hour workweek while, by default, saving $1K-1500 USD per month is a very good situation to be in. You will have flexibility to do this while also being young enough to take such risks. If you are in China, you will be able to travel to a lot of unique destinations, as it is a wildly diverse destination.

A lot of people straight up do not have the discipline to learn how to code or do web design, or any other digital skill sets. That's fine, not everyone is cut out for that. However, if you can become fluent in Mandarin in a few years, there is another amazing global business opportunity available.

4. Business Opportunities in Chinese Tourism

Chinese Tourists are Headed Your Way with $264 Billion USD

Go to China, become fluent in Mandarin, and network with as many influential people as possible. If possible, intern or work for tourism companies as well.

While you do this, get to know a niche segment of the Chinese population with specific passions. Let's say it's golf.

Chinese people are crazy about golf. As such, there is a huge segment of the population that loves to play the sport, whether at home or abroad. Many of them will take customized golf trips abroad.

You play golf in China and get connected to lovers of the sport in the country. You get to know the players in the scene and get invited to country club events. You figure out where Chinese tourists are going abroad to play golf and what kind of fees they are paying to do so.

Then you start connecting with golf resorts abroad and telling them that you have an inside connection with Chinese tourists interested in going abroad specifically for the purposes of playing golf. You set up your FIRST golf tour for Chinese tourists as a consultant and entrepreneur at reduced rates.

As you keep setting up these sorts of trips, you become the go-to guy for both Chinese golf tourists and also golf courses abroad - a broker of sorts. Chinese people do not trust many people, so if you are well connected and people trust your feedback, they will be willing to do these sort of tour based on your advice.

Over time you build a venture that is like an Tripadvisor or Agoda for Chinese Golf Tourism specifically. Or wine tourism. Or fashion tourism. Or health/medical tourism. Whatever it is. You become the respected web portal and trip booking platform for that specific space. People start leaving reviews. You become the go-to destination for Chinese tourists to book their trips and you become the go-to destination for golf courses to handle and process inbound Chinese tourist trips.

This is just ONE business model of many different models that can service the 100M+ outbound Chinese tourists that are traveling internationally every year. This market will explode from about $160B USD in 2014 to $264B USD in 2019, projected.

Outbound Chinese Tourism is revolutionizing the travel industry. Everyone is trying to figure out how to get a piece of the action and carve their brand into the Chinese psyche as "the place to visit" but have no idea how to do it. This market is unlike anything they have ever experienced.

If you build this asset you will have created something quite valuable that can someday be purchased and make you a wealthy man.

I am currently working on something that is in this space.

So you ask - should you choose money or adventure?

My answer is that you should do both.

Find a juggernaut global macro trend that few other people seem to understand and ruthlessly execute in that space.

Start looking for a technical partner NOW. Find someone to be your CTO 1-3 years before you actually need them to build a product for you.

Better yet, learn to code in 1-2 years and build the product yourself.

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.

-Sun Tzu, The Art of War.

-

-

Followup Tips:

1. Set up bank accounts in China and Hong Kong

If possible, set up a bank account and corporation in Hong Kong. Funnel your personal savings out of China into your personal bank account in Hong Kong or into your HK corporation. Hong Kong is a far better destination for your money and you will be able to move it around more easily by doing so. You'll lose money on the transaction fees but it's worth it if you need the money quickly at some point. You can also rapidly move on business opportunities both in China and abroad with a HK corporation. I speak from experience.

As a US citizen it might be difficult for you to set up a personal bank account in HK with no history there, particularly with the new FATCA tax laws. However, it's easier to set up a corporate bank account, as that account would belong to the company and not to you (technically).

To learn more about the specifics of how to make China happen for you, check out Enter China.

2. Learn how to code

The future belongs to people who can influence others with technology. You don't have to become a full blown technical person but being able to understand code will help you be able to recruit technical partners and manage technical employees.

3. Learn Mandarin

If you follow this opportunity I"ve laid out, you need to learn Mandarin. There is no getting around that.

While the domestic economic scene in China is becoming increasingly dire with the housing bubble and recent stock market disaster, one thing is for sure - Chinese people have money and the rich people are trying to GTFO out of China.

The smart money in regards to the China rise in 2015, IMO, is in figuring out how to help Chinese people get themselves and their money OUT of China - instead of figuring out how to invest in China. Immense wealth has been created and now the people who have been in on it are trying to figure out how to get their wealth outside of the grip of the communist party.

4. Timing is everything

We will never experience anything like the rise of China in our lifetimes again.

At some point this window will close.

More than money vs adventure - you should be asking yourself where you can get the best possible rapid acquisition of skills and experience.

China is NOT necessarily the best place to do this. China is the best place to do this if you want to exploit the China opportunity specifically, which is one of several global macro trends occurring at the moment. I just happen to be very tuned into this specific opportunity, which is why I'm talking to you about it.

Your opportunities will multiply as you seize them.

---

Thanks for the advice and suggestions so far guys! Reading all your responses has been extremely helpful.

Currently have no debt.

I’m going to rule out the oil sands as an option as I feel I missed the boat on that one. All the people who are up there now still killing it I have mad respect for. Soon enough though there will probably be another gold rush to jump on board with, so I’m keeping my ear to the ground.

I’m also turning down the Boston job. There is just not enough potential in the job to justify it, financially and for many other reasons as well.

I know lots of people who have done the cruise ship thing. It’s definitely a good way to save money and travel. However you are stuck on a boat cramped in a room to what is basically a college dorm/hostel like situation. I’m sure there is a lot of casual sex, but it is hostel style sex with your roommate trying too catch zzzz’s in a bunk directly above you while you get it on. There could definitely be something I’m missing though, I’m just going by what my friends have told me…

Travesty is right, I could keep on going on traveling and scraping by enough money for the next adventure, but that is not going to fare well for me 5 or 10 years from now when I have a lot of cool stories but not much to show for it. Time to get my career and finances in order now to set me up for later. This seems to be the general consensus I see in a lot of the posts here and I totally agree.

As for being a flight attendant, it would be fun to do for a couple years I think, but I can’t see myself doing it long term. I have to agree with Yeti’s evaluation…. Also, I don’t really like airports even though I’ve spent a lot of time in them haha.

The more I look into the real estate possibility the better it is sounding. I think I would be good at it, plus there is massive potential. Thinking about it is exciting. I almost have myself convinced this is the right choice. I have to be absolutely certain though, because if I commit to doing CRE, I am going to do it right…grind hard and put everything I’ve got into it.

It is great to know there are others on this forum doing CRE. Talking and discussing the ins and outs of real estate with those knowledgeable about the industry will be huge resource if I move forward with this option.

A lot of really insightful posts here.

And WTF I’m glad you started this thread. I’m in a very similar situation to you right now.

For a while I’d been obsessed with the whole Digital Nomad thing. I’ve got a good freelance writing biz going on now, plus a couple of websites. It’s great to see money coming in online, but I’ve moved away from the Digital Nomad path.

Why?

A lot of people think that their 20’s should be spent partying, and their 30’s as a time to be serious. To me this now seems like the reverse of what it should be. The 20’s is THE building block for the future, as very few people make major life overhauls in their 30’s. Not that it isn’t possible but the 20’s are such an important time for growth and I don’t think it should be squandered on hedonistic activity.

In my case I’m going to get a Master’s degree. A lot of guys here are against school, which I understand, but I know it’s the best move I can make to get a solid career. Plus I’ll have my business/websites growing over those years, and by the time I’m 30 I plan to have no debt, a lot of money saved, a lot of online income plus a good salary.

I honestly don’t know what I want to do with my life years from now, but I came to the conclusion that dicking around abroad isn’t going to get me there. Instead of focusing on making money I’d be too focused on partying it up in Southeast Asia or somewhere else.

I’m not in a position to lecture, but I think you’re on the right path. CRE is something that has a ton of potential, especially without needing advanced degrees. I would also avoid jobs like Flight Attendant because there is little room for growth and you're going to feel like you're scraping by at times.

Plus, living at home right now is something to take advantage of. Sure, socially it sucks, but not having any major bills is awesome and it gives you a time to focus on yourself and keep working on your online projects if you so choose to.

Good luck.

^ I just hit 30 recently.

My only personal advices as the 20s vs 30s debate would be to gain just enough Game and experience banging young chicks in your 20s so that you are personally satisfied looking back.

As soon as you hit that tipping point (different for every man) then I would full go after money and freedom.

It sounds like OP has had a decent amount of experience with chicks.

I love young chicks though probably more than the average guy so it was important for me personally to waste some time partying and chasing younger chicks in my 20s. I think I would have regreted it if I worked with a full head of steam and banged a couple of unsatisfying 6's only in my 20s. My Game has improved tremendously by giving it lots of attention. I have put alot of work into both day and night game. And many of my bucket list bangs have been accomplished.

Taking care of this need has freed my mind up more to work hard in my 30s and not wonder about all the pussy and partying out there.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

For the past 3 years I have aggressively pursued both women and the outdoor adventure lifestyle, all the while starting and running a company.

The largest personal gains have come from time spent pursuing outdoor adventure, as well as exploring the world. I have seen huge gains in my personal well being, as well as my skills as a man.

Running a business has left me exasperated and stressed out. I have a LOT more money, but overall I am less happy from this pursuit.

Banging lots of women hasn't affected my happiness in a substantial way, nor has it made me grow as a person as much as I thought it would.

So, I don't know what to tell you to do, but those are my experiences. For reference, I'm 29.

Build something (career, business, etc)for the future while having the time of your life. After banging 20 girls it gets pretty boring to be honest.

Great thread; if only newbies were as efficient as I am with the forum search feature.

I'm still in my young 20's, but admittedly I started this decade with a large focus on adventure. I'm gradually realizing the importance of money, which is crucially more important. But, it would be a waste to focus entirely on the latter, I believe. Like Travesty said, it's huge to get girls out of your system. Otherwise you'll be prone to resentment later on, which could be tough to overcome.

Partying itself has never been my calling though. Of course I enjoy it. But not nearly as much as those partying every single weekend, drinking their health and livers away and draining their bank accounts needlessly.

It's hard for me to believe, but somehow it's been almost a year since I started this thread. I wish I had better news to report, i.e. a massive success story I achieved as a result of following members' advice. However, that would be a lie. Unfortunately, my future is still just as uncertain as ever.

The search for clarity and direction in my life has been a long process, and honestly, I've pretty much given up on trying to plan it all out too far ahead. I think for now at least, I'm just going to keep kicking the can down the road. My main priority currently is just maintaining as much freedom and flexibility in my life as possible so that when I do finally see the right opportunity, I'll be ready to attack.

With modern society and culture in such a state of flux, I think letting yourself get too locked into any one job, relationship, ideology, etc, is a surefire recipe for disaster. Yes, I am not currently pursuing a career per say in the traditional sense, and to some it might seem like I am just drifting-- passively coasting through life; just getting by. However, it's been far from a passive process. I am constantly trying new things, making moves, adapting my perspective...really just generally trying to stay open minded + positive, and I would really recommend others in a similar situation do the same.

Anyway, for all those who are curious, here's a quick update on what I've done so far:
-Moved out of my parents house into a 1BR apt in new city
-Taught myself front end web development from scratch, have programmed some Javascript games and picked up some side projects building websites for clients.
-Continued working out (although not as intensely as I'd like), eating healthy, and partying less. Still trying to figure out exactly what role alcohol should play in my life
-Currently working as a server at a restaurant in the luxury hotel industry while I replenish my bank account, hustle a little on my side projects, and try to improve my game. Although I have had moderate success with women in my life, I am not anywhere near 100% satisfied and still have a lot of work to do.

LOTS of ideas, and my brain is constantly working. In the end, I think all I really want is to escape the rat race, retire early, and have some little adventures and good sex along the way.

Those overnight sensations took years to make. Keep hustling, keep grinding, and keep learning new things and you will see results.

1. Getting my real estate license, and trying to break into commercial real estate. I know this is highly competitive, and with my limited experience and just a bachelors in Anthropology, I'm not sure how plausible this is. I think I have the drive though. I could become a residential real estate broker, but there is nowhere near the same amount of money to be made. This option will also lock me down to one area for a long period of time.

Commercial real estate is about networks, using your current one, and building out your current one.

You can throw a rock and hit someone who has a degree in the stuff and doesn't work in the industry.

You'd be better off trying to find a mentor in that field rather than a job.

2. Working some menial jobs like kitchen or hospitality for massive hours, while living at my parents house for a while to put some money away. Then moving abroad to take a second shot at digital nomadism where I can focus on just building passive income instead of doing freelance stuff. I don't really like this option though, as living at my parents sucks for my dating life, and I could easily end up right back where I started if the online stuff doesn't work out.

You won't have the energy after a long shift of menial labor to hop on a computer.

3. Continue to satisfy my wanderlust. Get a TEFL and move to South Korea to teach English for a year, where I've heard others say it is possible to save at least $1000 per month. There isn't really an end game with this option, but at least I would have some sort of bankroll then for my next endeavour, while enjoying a foreign country. Everything I have read on here is pretty negative about korean girls though. It would be nice to teach somewhere like Colombia, but then I am not going to save any money...

Fun, but it will essentially be an extended vacation.
Unless you learn Korean and parlay that into some sort of import/export opportunity. Teaching by day and trying to do something on the side is a tall order of business.

4. Take another seasonal job in a national park. It would likely be some shit job, but the potential to have a good time and enjoy awesome recreation is high. I could also probably save a few thousand over the course of a season. However, this isn't going to advance my career, and internet will be bad in these areas so I won't make any passive income progress. Maybe if I wait until the winter season starts I could get a management job, or another tour guide job which would be slightly better...

Also fun, but it's dead end work if you look at it that way.

There is probably money somewhere in that business, but it won't be working for the Fed. It will be some job that they contract to someone outside of the Fed.

5. Working in the oil sands. This could set me up well money wise, and I have the hardworking attitude to be successful. However, I am American which provides some challenges, as well as not having any trades experience. I have also read that with the price of oil plummeting, there have been massive layoffs, and getting into this profession is no longer about just showing up.

It's game over for someone with no skills.

That's the sort of business you can essentially start yourself. "Creating experiences" is drumming up customers on one side, and then haggling with providers on the other side. You need a phone and a laptop, and marketing.

7. Other options? I really am open to anything and I know this forum has a lot of smart people with similar life goals to me. I am willing to go back to school if I have to to get a masters, but I would really prefer not to, rather leveraging my current life experience, degree, and motivation to take action RIGHT NOW. I have already read through almost every thread on the first 10 pages of lifestyle so just soaking it all in currently. What path can I take to maximize my money, travel, and women opportunites both now and in the future? BTW, I currently only have about 3k to my name to work with.

Going back to school is an attractive option, but not a real option. It's more vacation. I also wouldn't learn how to drive a Truck. And I'd avoid all "gig" economy shit as those 300 bucks you make on Uber is you trading away your real time to do some real shit.

1. Learn a trade
- weld
- carpentry
- plumbing
- hvac
- auto

A community college program won't be too expensive - plus those are real skills that you can use all over the country/world.

I believe that every man that goes to college should also learn a trade.
Even if you never go into the trades, there will be plenty of times in your life where knowing any of the above will save your ass.

2. Learn to program - A significant portion of developers are self taught. That gravy train will end as more 1st world countries ship the low level work to 2nd and 3rd world countries.

3. Learn how to SELL.

This is an evergreen skill and applies to many industries.

The people at the top of every society are persuaders first and foremost.

4. Learn how to write better

You're fresh out of school.
You could write papers for people in school.

This is what lazy students pay for papers.

https://grademiners.com/prices

As the writer, you'd get half of that.

As the business owner, you'd get half of that mostly for doing great SEO for customers, and putting up craig's list ads for writers.

good luck.

WIA

Good to see your update on your life WTF.

If it helps, it took me three years out of school for my life to start get interesting. I used the time to clean my life up and set up some good habits that I lost because of college.

Don't worry, you're doing all of the right things.