rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Peanut Butter And Jelly Racist in Portland

No comment here. Crazy in a level you cannot compete.

"Peanut Butter And Jelly Racist? Portland School Principal Ties Sandwich To White Privilege"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/11...74905.html

also http://www.politifact.com/oregon/stateme...llars-dec/ (here it is debunked-i am dissapointed)

Quote:Quote:

A lunchtime staple of students for years, the peanut butter and jelly sandwich could be considered one of the more popular items found in the sack lunches of school children.

But in conjunction with recent equity training in local Portland schools, one principal is raising questions about the mention of the sandwich, arguing it has broader implications about race, the Portland Tribune reports.

The sandwich was reportedly mentioned in a lesson plan last year. Verenice Gutierrez from the Harvey Scott K-8 School used it as an example of a subtle form of racism in language, according to the report.

“What about Somali or Hispanic students, who might not eat sandwiches?” Gutierrez said, according to the Tribune. “Another way would be to say: ‘Americans eat peanut butter and jelly, do you have anything like that?’ Let them tell you. Maybe they eat torta. Or pita.”

As part of a training program known as "Courageous Conversations" that has been phased into Portland schools in recent years, the Tribune reports that staff members at Gutierrez's school have been going through trainings, classroom observations and exercises, such as reading a news article and then talking about it from the perspective of “white privilege."

The organization behind the program is Pacific Educational Group. According to the group's website, their aim is to help minority students through initiatives that address racial educational disparities, "intentionally, explicitly, and comprehensively."

Since word of the news spread, however, several bloggers and Twitter users took issue with the claim that a sandwich might be racially charged and deemed the principal's statements absurd.

The author of a post on Twitchy.com wrote that "The sane are quick to rightly mock this latest asinine claim."

The author then featured a selection of tweets mocking the implication that mention of the sandwich has anything to do with race issues:

"[W]hat's the verdict on grilled cheese? Racist? Sexist?" one person tweeted.

"All sandwichs are racist! It's the name "sandwich" the poor tortas are discriminated against!" another wrote.

Robb Cowie, the communications director for Portland Public schools, told Fox News that the district was on board with Gutierrez's comments.

“Persistently we have not done a good enough job educating students of color and specifically African-American students,” Cowie told Fox. "That’s what the program is addressing. How can we find a way to support African American students, their families – so that we are producing better outcomes and narrowing the achievement gap.”

Recent data from the U.S. Department of Education highlighted racial inequity in a survey of 72,000 schools. Minority students faced harsher discipline and were more likely to be taught by lower paid teachers with less experience than white students, according to a press release.

Not only is this story super old, why is it surprising SJW's invent such preposterous fictions? All their frantic energy expended fretting over "power" is a defense against admitting their pathetic impotence.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

I have a feeling this is a dupe but I couldn't find the old thread.

Remember about 10 years ago all the fretting about the environment? Dumb shit SJW's were calling out "Save the planet, kill yourself!" The fucktards wont take their own medicine and now want to shame PB&J.

They're not trying to educate our children anymore, they're trying to brainwash them.

This is Soviet-style propaganda on par with getting suspended for making a gun gesture at your friend and saying "Bam! Your dead!"

And, isn't Portland one of those liberal cities in the United States? I think I read somewhere that if you're homeless, Portland is the place to be. More bums than any other town, even New York. Wish i couldn't remember where I read that.

Matt Forney has written a good article about Portland, as I recall.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

The organization behind the program is Pacific Educational Group. According to the group's website, their aim is to help minority students through initiatives that address racial educational disparities, "intentionally, explicitly, and comprehensively."

Rather than indoctrinating kids about white privilege, how about these PEGgers go fuck themselves instead?

Data Sheet Maps | On Musical Chicks | Rep Point Changes | Au Pairs on a Boat
Captainstabbin: "girls get more attractive with your dick in their mouth. It's science."
Spaniard88: "The "believe anything" crew contributes: "She's probably a good girl, maybe she lost her virginity to someone with AIDS and only had sex once before you met her...give her a chance.""

Maybe it's because I'm dieting but I suddenly had the urge for a PB and J on Wonder bread, something I recall fondly from my youth...how could it possibly be racist? Wait a minute...

[Image: Flowers-Foods-poised-for-growth-eyes-acquisitions.png]

Nooooooooo!

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Being a local I can tell you the school system in Portland has basically been taken over by lesbians. I was reading about it in the local weekly that there was some kind of dyke fight between the lesbian principals that had all gone together on a camping trip a while back.

[Image: banana.gif]

I get excited when I hear leftist/SJW types here in the upper midwest talk about moving to Portland or Seattle. I pray that they would all move out there! [Image: smile.gif]

Quote: (06-26-2015 04:14 PM)BortimusPrime Wrote:  

Being a local I can tell you the school system in Portland has basically been taken over by lesbians. I was reading about it in the local weekly that there was some kind of dyke fight between the lesbian principals that had all gone together on a camping trip a while back.

Had to look this up. http://www.wweek.com/portland/article-23...rmess.html

Diaz’s troubles started the weekend of Oct. 11 at Milo McIver State Park near Estacada, where she went camping with her partner, Penny Domm, and several other principals for Portland schools.

Almost two weeks later, on Oct. 22, one of those principals, Carol Campbell of Grant High School, told her school’s resource officer Diaz and Domm had fought inside their RV during the camping trip. Campbell said she didn’t witness a fight but later saw that Domm’s “clothes were torn, she had blood on her shirt, and that she was holding her face” as if she’d been hit.

Pam Joyner, then-principal of Hosford Middle School, told the officer she went to the RV and heard screaming. “[Joyner] opened the door and walked in, and when she did she observed Ms. Domm crouched down on the couch….Ms. Diaz was standing over [Domm] with clenched fists.” Joyner didn’t see Diaz strike Domm, the report says, “but believed that she had.”

According to the report, a third principal, Brenda Fox of Lane Middle School, says he heard Domm say, “She fucking hit me.”

Fox also told the officer Domm had spoken of “other incidents” with Diaz, who denies this. (Campbell, Joyner and Fox did not respond to WW’s request for comment.)

Domm refused to discuss with police what had happened. (Domm has declined through her attorney to respond to WW’s questions.)

An officer with the Portland Police Bureau’s domestic violence unit, Todd Christensen, followed up. According to police reports, Diaz told Christensen there was never any physical violence and that there had been a “misunderstanding” that evening.

Christensen decided there was probable cause to arrest Diaz anyway.

The comments are interesting too.

Interesting article - not quite accurate from the perspective of many of the parents who are involved in Kelly.
Since Marti first came to Kelly, she began grooming parents and staff for her takeover. She was nice, friendly and tried to create as many alliances as possible. She was also known for continual name dropping of important people with power in PPS who she was extremely close to. After getting the position we began to see a significant change in Marti. She began asserting her position and using intimidation, power and control to run things.
It is and has not been uncommon for her to attempt to intimidate parents as staff when they don't go along with what she wants. There have been many times where she has tried to shame parents in front of their own children, other parents and children for a variety of reasons. She has also gone so far to call parents liars and on several occasions when parents are late picking up their children, she will demand their employers phone number and contact them to see if they are employed at that company and inquire why they are late. She will do this in front of her staff and other parents.
She has also made it clear to many parents that the secretaries at the school are her staff and she doesn't want them talking to them or asking them anything as they are strictly for her use.
I find it interesting to note that at no time have we heard from any of the staff at the school say anything and yet I've heard plenty from teachers complaining about her power, control and bullying. They operate out of fear as this is the culture she has created in the school.
I think its time that PPS began addressing any type of domestic abuse or similar situations the way the NFL has been in light of the last year and terminate their contracts. Is this really the type of role modeling we want demonstrated to our children. Is this the culture we want permeating our schools? I believe the answer is NO.
Parents do not want Marti back. Since she was put on leave and the acting Principle has stepped in, you find a more relaxed culture. Teachers who seem to enjoy coming to work. You find the Principle working with parents and not against them. You find collaboration and teamwork and and overall enjoyment when you walk in the building.
If PPS is wise they would do some better research and find out more of what really is going on and talk the to the parents. Otherwise they are basically saying what has been happening is acceptable and something they have no issues with when it comes to what is demonstrated for students who are part of PPS.

If civilization had been left in female hands we would still be living in grass huts. - Camille Paglia