rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

San Francisco, Bay Area Data Sheet

I have used valuable information on this site for my recent trip to Latin America, and now it’s time I lay some info down that a another playa can use. I have noticed there is no Data Sheet for San Francisco so I’ll try to go into details:

I won’t get into the sight-seeing, clubbing topics that you can easily find online. All I can say is get all that tourist stuff out of the way in no more than two days. There is a lot to see but if you start your day early, it can be done.

Secondly and more importantly, I completely understand some fellas view that a guys race has a lot to do with how successful they will be at gaming females. One of the cool things about SF is that in general, a guys race has nothing to do with gaming. Women don’t worry about race because SF is such a multi cultural place. You won’t have “exotic status” like if you were in a predominant one race city/country. People don’t even look twice when they see interracial couples because nobody really cares. So my info below is for playas of all races, it is not catered to any particular race. Hope this helps:

I am born, raised and still live in S.F. (aka Frisco) and trust me, it is WELL worth a place to live or take a vacation. I won’t move anytime soon because there is a lot of $ out here and there are plenty of quality women. First of all San Francisco is a small city (less than a million) and I recommend fellas to venture out into the surrounding cities. The easiest way to get to other cities is by renting a car or using BART, it’s basically just like the subway trains of NY. Throughout the bay, there are many females to game, whether it be cafes, malls, universities or night clubs. The diversity of women is huge out here and there are many beautiful mixed women out here. One of the common things I hear is that SF can’t compare to Miami or NY when it comes to quality women. That is debatable, but if you include the entire SF Bay Area, it comes pretty damn close.

The San Francisco Bay Area can be broken down into Four Points of Interest:

1. San Francisco (Where the $ is)
2. East Bay (Oakland, Berkeley)
3. South Bay (Silicon Valley $, San Jose)
4. North Bay (Marin, San Rafael, Napa Valley, Wine Country $)

1. San Francisco
Pros: Great, cheap food, cool people, diverse women, weed everywhere
Cons: Too expensive, occasional bad weather, really dirty city due to homeless problem
Actually more crime than is publicized due to protecting tourism industry ($$$)

Right now, the most popular neighborhood is the one I grew up in, the Mission District. It’s a mixture of hipsters, yuppies, Latinos & straight up gangstas (see below). There are only sprinkles of Asians & Blacks living in the Mission. BUT at night, people of all races come to the Mission from all over the Bay Area to hit up a club. You can find women literally from all over the world at clubs like Little Baobab on 19th & Mission. There are clubs along Valencia street (between 16th & 18th) that are worth checking out. Also some of the best restaurants are within a 5 block radius, from $5 home cooked meals to high class $300 yuppie food (between Mission & Valencia).

There are also plenty of night clubs downtown and in surrounding neighborhoods that you can easily find out about with a quick Google search.

Day Game
Day Game is big out here and has been very good to me. Alotta guys swoop on tourists downtown at the malls or on the street. I don’t waste my time with that because it is too damn busy downtown, it’s real loud and usually when I go I‘m on my way to a meeting so I‘m super focused on $. When it comes to day game, I have a fool proof system that I use: Universities and areas surrounding them.

Two key facts about the SF Bay Area, is there are several colleges out here with so many beautiful women (Stanford, Berkeley, USF, UCSF, SFSU, Santa Clara, SJSU, St. Mary‘s……). The same fine women you will see on campus, you’ll bump into at the club later that night! The second fact is that there are a lot of hot females out here that are approachable and won’t have their heads up their ass. I’m talking about not only undergrads, there are post-grads, professors and other staff that are very willing to talk IF you are a well rounded individual. This is key because there are a lot of educated women in the Bay Area and they rather go to dinner and talk about the US Foreign Policy and investing in China, rather than who is going to win the NBA Finals. As long as you are not walking around looking like a dirty hipster with a skateboard, females will speak when spoken to. After that, it’s up to your mouthpiece to get her in bed just like anywhere else!

If you are out here for at least a week, you can not pass up taking a stroll through one of our local universities. If you can’t swoop a fine female, there is something seriously wrong with you. There are fine local female students, but the ones I swoop on are the out of state or exchange students. They are here without family, friends, many of them are homesick and bored out of their minds. But most importantly, they are DTF, horny as f***, waiting for break so they can get back to their boyfriends. Well that’s where you come in to fill that gap! You can find them in the schools libraries, cafes or sitting alone in a campus cafeteria looking depressed. Taking 2 hours out of your day to hit up a campus will have your night lined up, trust me.

Another day game spot in the Mission that is getting real popular is Dolores Park (19th & Dolores). It is a cool park to chill at & swoop fine women during the day. Lots of dirty hipsters, but it’s starting to be more popular by all walks of life. For a traveler, I would base my day game out of the Mission district, hitting up cafes and the many art galleries and music events. Google search will help you with that.

2. East Bay (Oakland, Berkeley)
How to get there: 20 min from SF Bay Bridge or BART (underground train)
Pros: Cheap to live, people are more down to earth, approachable, working class folks
Cons: Small towns, not as much to do as SF or SJ, negatively effected by housing crisis

The East Bay, especially Oakland gets a bad rap from the press and other Bay Area cities. It is privately known as “the black city” or “ghetto”. That is straight up BS, there are rough areas like any city in the country and it is a surprisingly diverse city. More than likely you won’t encounter any trouble, unless you are looking for it! One thing you will notice is that there are way more good looking black females in the East Bay (Oaktown, Berkeley, Richmond) than in Frisco. Something to keep in mind if that’s your flavor. There are monthly Jazz events that have so many beautiful sistas and is perfect for swooping. BART is the best way to get around. You can take it from SF to the main East Bay cities. Berkeley is a cool town to check out, you’ll smell weed everywhere you go and it is worth checking out Cal Berkeley for day game. Plenty of fine international women.

3. South Bay (San Jose, Silicon Valley)
How to get there: 1 hour drive south of SF or you can take Cal Trains
Pros: Nice Weather, more upper class women, more laid back
Cons: Can be a little bourgeois compared to SF or East Bay

San Jose has really developed in the last 15 years and is worth checking out if you will be in the Bay Area for more than a week. A perfect place for day game is Santana Row, a cool strip mall with designer stores and many beautiful women spending that good Silicon Valley $. The majority of quality women down here will be white, Indian & latina. There are a lot of pretty faces. I attend monthly conferences in SJ and wearing a nice suit will really help your day game. What is unique about the South Bay is that it is a place that you never know what the woman you are gaming does for a living. They can be making some serious money and climbing up the corporate ladder. Keep in mind that Google, EBAY, Paypal, Applied Materials, Microsoft, Apple are just a FEW of the major companies that have set up shop out here. Because of my work, I have been fortunate to make connections that have benefited me financially. Just wanted to throw that out there for any guys traveling out here for business.

Another place in the South Bay to swoop is the largest mall in the Bay Area, called the Great Mall. It is located in neighboring Milpitas and you will find quality professional females as well as good looking college students from SJ State & Santa Clara University.

4. North Bay (Marin, Napa Valley)
How to get there: 30-45 min drive north of SF on Golden Gate Bridge
Pros: Unclaimed territory, no competition
Cons: might not be every guys taste

The North Bay is where the “old money” lives and might not be for everybody. First of all, there is hardly any diversity, the majority of quality females will be white. So if that’s not your thing, avoid these towns completely. Secondly a day or two is all you would need there. You will see some fine females on the wine tours of Napa Valley and in the local malls. A day or two is more than enough.

Some key points worth mentioning:

* Many of the ladies who work in SF live in the neighboring cities & commute because it is way cheaper. This is the main reason I venture out of the City.

*Frisco is also a city that has a misconception that there is gay people all over the damn place. That’s far from the truth, they mainly live in a small area called the Castro. Nothing for a straight guy to do there anyways. There are more than enough straight clubs that you won’t have an issue. As long as you aren’t on that metro sexual tip, gay guys won’t even approach you.

*Unfortunately the Mission District has a serious gang problem. It mainly consists of three Latino gangs MS-13, Surenos (Blue) and Nortenos (Red). My advice to any Latino guy visiting is to NOT wear blue or red, DAY or NIGHT when you are in the Mission District. Do not wear blue/red sports gear like the Dodgers, 49ers, Cowboys, etc…

This is coming from somebody who has lived in the neighborhood for 25 years. I have seen Latino tourists wearing “the wrong color” or “gang apparel” and they were robbed/beat up and nobody on the street will say a damn thing. People will just keep shopping or doing whatever they were doing. Everybody knows who the gangstas are but are straight up scared. Keep in mind that the gangs walk around at least 5 deep and are strapped with serious firepower. It’s gotten so outta control that the area is under a civil gang injunction and several gang members can’t even come into the neighborhood. There is a police station just 2 blocks away from the “action” but the gang members don’t care. Many of them are here illegally and really don’t have nothing to lose. A male of another race is excluded from this because the gang members mainly view unknown Latino guys as rivals. So please don’t walk around with the mentality I’ve seen from other guys “I‘m from the Bronx” or “I‘m from Compton”. Walk around with confidence, but at the same time with respect and you’ll be good. And if you don’t know about MS-13, go ahead and Google the gang.

Hope this info helps all the cool playas out there. Have fun & be safe. Post any questions or comments. Peace.

Can you break down the nightlife more? Like what clubs do I need to hit to find the latinas. What club/bar is the best for ONS? ect....

Quote: (05-31-2011 10:59 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

Can you break down the nightlife more? Like what clubs do I need to hit to find the latinas. What club/bar is the best for ONS? ect....

I'm at work right now, but I will post a reply tomorrow morning breaking down the nightlife with details/links for ONS & hooking up with latinas. Peace.

I love the Mission, but every time I hit up the bars, I am always disappointed with the quality of talent, I mean the vibe and the crowd is cool, but there always seem to be too many dudes and not enough "hot chicks". I usually hit up the Elbo Room (downstairs), Double Dutch (some cute girls, but always way too loud/crowded), and Skylark Lounge (not enough white girls, kinda ghetto crowd sometimes). Are there any spots I need to be checking out, have you noticed this problem?

I'm not heavy into the dubstep scene, but I know that shit is huge in the city, and I have been to a few nice event at Public Works. I would agree with you that day game seems to be the way, I haven't been down to the city in a while, and most attempts at day game there were more for practice, but there are a lot of nice females out and about during the day to swoop on the street, at coffee shops, stores, taquerias, etc.

Never tried gaming at Delores park, but there are definitely plenty of cute females out there on weekends, I will say it is a great spot for a first date or insta-date. Also, good tip on what colors not to wear in that hood, even as a more "middle eastern" looking dude I am still concious not to wear baby blue or red, I should add for anyone who knows there area or plans to spend time there, that shit get's rougher East of Mission Street.

I hope to live down in the Mission one day, Philz coffee and Papalotes are my shit!!

Quote: (05-31-2011 11:15 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

I love the Mission, but every time I hit up the bars, I am always disappointed with the quality of talent, I mean the vibe and the crowd is cool, but there always seem to be too many dudes and not enough "hot chicks". I usually hit up the Elbo Room (downstairs), Double Dutch (some cute girls, but always way too loud/crowded), and Skylark Lounge (not enough white girls, kinda ghetto crowd sometimes). Are there any spots I need to be checking out, have you noticed this problem?

I'm not heavy into the dubstep scene, but I know that shit is huge in the city, and I have been to a few nice event at Public Works. I would agree with you that day game seems to be the way, I haven't been down to the city in a while, and most attempts at day game there were more for practice, but there are a lot of nice females out and about during the day to swoop on the street, at coffee shops, stores, taquerias, etc.

Never tried gaming at Delores park, but there are definitely plenty of cute females out there on weekends, I will say it is a great spot for a first date or insta-date. Also, good tip on what colors not to wear in that hood, even as a more "middle eastern" looking dude I am still concious not to wear baby blue or red, I should add for anyone who knows there area or plans to spend time there, that shit get's rougher East of Mission Street.

I hope to live down in the Mission one day, Philz coffee and Papalotes are my shit!!

OGNorCal707, you are right. The clubs you mentioned are hit or miss for two reasons. One, they don't have a damn dress code so it becomes a free for all. The "ghetto disrespectful" crowd comes through and f**** up the whole night for everybody. Secondly, clubs like the Elbo Room switches their music up every night so they don't have a consistent clientele. If you want to go clubbing in the Mission, it's best to know what DJ is playing that night by checking the clubs website or getting on a guest list. I will post a more detailed post with links when I get off.

The next time you are in the city check out Club Milk in the Haight District, right by Kezar. Much more mature crowd, cool music, good looking women & better female:male ratio.

It seems like you are looking for fine white females. You have to go to any of the reggae clubs that play dub/dance hall. You will have your pick, trust me. Plus there isn't the "gang" issue because everybody is smoking weed and having a good time.

The whole Dolores Park is seriously picking up steam for Day Game. They have expanded sidewalks in the area (Valencia St.) and there are way more pretty women walking around than even a year ago. In the summer, they play free movies in the park on a huge screen and groups of single women come through. Worth checking out and then hitting up a club later. Plus you can bump into fine honeys heading towards the 16th or 24th streets BART stations.

To add, the major cons for South Bay (esp. Man Jose area) is the screwed male-female ratio, which goes from something like 2.5:1 (this is considered lucky), but typically it is more like 4:1. A lot of girls (esp. white) here are overweight or just not attractive, but they still feel like they're 7+ because they are used to receive a lot of attention. It is common to enter a local bar here and see ZERO targets worth approaching looks-wise. If you're into white girls, SF/Oakland has much better selection.

Another cons is that South Bay is a very nerdy area, which mostly caters for nerdy types. Most people dress up like shit, and dress code in clubs is something non-existent, you will see there the guys in shorts, flip-flops and wifebeaters. Same for the girls, for those foot fetishists it must be a flip-flop paradise.

And yet another one is that the area is very spread, and there is really no public transportation the way you'd expect it from Boston/NYC or even SF. Everyone is driving, which limits the amount of alcohol consumed, and often fucks up your logistics.

A pros is that the vast majority of South Bay male population are nerds who have little game, if any at all. Girls are used to be approached a lot, but most of those approaches are the "you are so beautiful, do you come here often?" type, so if you're good in defusing the initial bitch shield, it will not be easy. And, of course, there is a large Asian (predominantly Chinese) population, so if this is your piece of cake, it is worth it.

Dash Global asked for specific spots for ONS and picking up latinas. I have listed the 3 major clubs that have ONS and a decent female to male ratio. As far as specifically picking up latinas, even if you head to the predominate Latino Mission District Salsa Clubs, there will be a very diverse crowd. That’s just the way it is in San Francisco, it is not really segregated when it comes to partying/clubbing. To give you an example, I’ve seen some fine Asian Women at a Dance Hall Party that if you were listening from the outside would think only Caribbean people would be inside. Crazy.

Top Clubs for ONS
1. Reggae Gold SF @ Club Six and The Endup Downtown Market Street District
2. Little Baobab 19th Mission
3. Club Milk Haight District

The Reggae/Dub scene is BIG in San Francisco although there isn’t a large Caribbean/West Indian community. At any event you will see pretty females from many different countries, including Asians & Latinas. You will find high quality weed at these functions as well. Carnaval was this past weekend in the Mission District & there were beautiful women everywhere!

Reggae Gold SF
For ONS, Reggae Gold is def worth checking out, no other club can really compete in SF overall when it comes to quality Reggae music and women. They only have Reggae Night two times a month so quality Bay Area women PLAN more than a week in advance to hit up the next function. Get on the guest list which you can do online or through cell phone usually gets booked the first available day. It has become one of the best spots because they have simply figured out the recipe: cheap entrance fee, great DJ’s in a mellow atmosphere with lounges and have all kinds of pretty women. This is a good place for ONS because the vibe is so chill you can pull a female and game her. It is one of the ONLY spots that stays packed well until 4am!! Here is the message from their website:

“The SF Bay Guardian calls Reggae Gold, "The Best Reggae Party in the Bay Area".
This event takes place every 2nd & 4th Saturday of the month at two unique night clubs in San Francisco. 2nd Saturdays at The Endup, 401 6th St @ Harrison & 4th Saturdays at Club Six, 60, 6th Street b/w Market & Mission St. Established in 2003, this bi-monthly event has become a foundation on the San Francisco Bay Area Reggae Dancehall scene. Over 8 years strong, Reggae Gold is now the most anticipated after-hour event in Northern California.”

*Located Downtown, both Club Six & The Endup are still worth checking out on Fri/Sat for ONS even if there is no Reggae Gold that night.

http://www.reggaegoldsf.com/ReggaeGoldSF.com/Main.html

Little Baobab in the Mission District

Little Baobab is a small Senegalese club on 19th & Mission that has live bands playing dance hall, Brazilian and smooth sounding West African Music. A few years back, it was an unknown spot to find ONS, and diverse, very approachable women, from fine Brazilian & Carribbean sistas to local Latinas. It gets packed & HOT early but they open up the windows & women take the party outside and start dancing on the sidewalk.

The clubs popularity has now grown and they have added another club called Bollyhood one door down. Between the two spots, there is something going on damn near every night. Little Baobab is the BEST club to show the diversity & quality international women in SF. I would suggest going to the Restaurant/Bar down the street to eat and then hitting up the club after. Although more guys are coming to check Little Baobab out, with a little game, you can still pull a female at these clubs.

*The only thing is the club is in the HEART of gang (blue) territory. So if you are Latino or Latin looking, DO NOT wear blue or red. You’ll have 10 guys pointing at you from across the street in minutes, I’m not joking, I’ve seen it happen. I’m not trying to get anybody shook, just trying to drive home the point to not wear blue/red.

http://www.bissapbaobab.com/bissapbab/home.html
http://www.yelp.com/biz/little-baobab-san-francisco

Club Milk
Club Milk is a cool lounge club in the Haight Ashbury District. Tuesday is Reggae Night and it is always packed because Reggae Gold Downtown is only every other Saturday. There is no dress code and I feel that works in your advantage if you come dressed formally. The majority of guys wear casual gear and it doesn’t really mesh with how fly many of the women in there look. You will stand out even in some nice slacks and a clean button down shirt. When you game the females they will say “I can tell you weren’t from around here” because they assume the SF guys don’t really wear grown man clothes when going to Milk. I have never pulled any ONS tail outta of there because the times I went, I was with my fam throwing a party, but many of my friends have or got the p**** on the next date. I have been too busy with work but I plan on going soon. Check their schedule online below:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-milk-bar-san-francisco
http://www.milksf.com/

The Marina District is known for having cool clubs that unfortunately seem to only cater to upper class folks. I NEVER go to that area to party cause it’s a little too snobbish for me and the females on the street are stuck the f*** up. If somebody tells you to go there tell them what I wrote above and I BET they won’t say s***. But if you are a guy with $ to throw around, there will plenty of ONS for you.

Broadway street in the North Beach District is worth mentioning. It is basically a strip running on streets like Broadway & Columbus. Worth checking out if you hear there is a specific party going down. Most guys head there for the strip club bachelor parties. There were a lot shootings and club fights in past years, and the police have been trying to clean the area up. I personally don’t go there because the male to female ratio is really high.

*Use Yelp on the links I provided because they have up to date info on many of the new clubs as well as other ones I do not frequent.

*I stress day game in SF because it is a walking city. Many females do not have cars because driving/parking is a big headache & parking tickets add up quick. They rely on BART and MUNI to get around which improves your chances of gaming good looking females waiting for the next train.

Thought I would chip in with some data since I lived in SF for about 2 years. Please be aware that this was a couple of years ago, so not all the information might be up to date, but most of it is from what I hear from my friends back there.

Most of the places below are in SF Downtown or the immediate surroundings, since I didn't have the need to venture out too much from that area and I lived right there as well.

Almost all of the places I have mentioned below are in a 4 - 5 block radius with the exception of one or two.

Lounges:

John Collins
Neighborhood: SOMA

Pretty nice place to grab a couple of drinks before you head out to the clubs. It is a very small place, and it can get packed very quickly. Friday evenings are the worst time due to the excessive after work Happy Hour Crowd.

Girls can be hit or miss on the day, but generally speaking Thursday and Friday evenings are your best bet. Expect groups, sometimes rather large groups, instead of single or duo girls. If you land here around 8:30 - 9:00 on Friday's and Saturday's you will see a decent crowd all on the way to other parties, so that might be the best time to drop in.

Matrix Fillmore
Neighborhood: Marina/Cow Hollow

A very nice lounge, and a personal favorite. It is a bit far out from the downtown area, and that is one of the cons of the place. More chilled out vibe, and the crowd is definitely a good crowd. Although the majority of the crowd is from the Marina/North Beach area, so expect some snobbishness. But it is nothing so bad to stay away from.

Wednesday/Sunday are pretty nice here since there isn't much happening in the rest of the city, and a lot of the crowd come chill here. It can get pretty bumping sometimes. Majority of the times, the crowd is a bit older so expect people in late 20's predominantly or early to mid-thirties.

Redwood Room @ The Clift Hotel
Neighborhood: Civic Center/Tenderloin/Union Square

This is one of the best lounges in the city. The decor is fantastic and it is basically a large room on the ground floor of the hotel. The crowd is generally older, most of the time the majority is in their late 20's to early 30's

Drinks are great, but again on the expensive side though. Great location to take a girl/meet up with one, or well to meet new ones. Some of the crowd hitting the clubs in the block stop by before heading out, so that might present some opportunities

Sugar Cafe
Neighborhood: Union Square

Nice cafe/cocktail place. Nothing fancy or great, but definitely worth a visit if you have time to kill and nothing else to do. The place is a cafe by the day and a cocktail lounge in the evenings/nights. Don't expect a lot of crowd or a great crowd for that matter.

XYZ @ The W Hotel

Lobby bar/lounge of sorts on the ground floor of The W Hotel. Unless there is an event/party happening, the place is quite mellow so don't expect large crowds. The crowd is dependent on what is happening and might lean towards the older crowd generally. There is also an upstairs part of it, which is pretty nice.

Expensive place though, so keep that in mind if you decide to drop by for a drink or two. From what I heard, they are closed for renovation right now, and are opening back in a couple of months called as Trace.

Clubs:

Ana Mandara
Neighborhood: Fisherman's Wharf

I have been to the place only a few times, but the place is definitely very nice. Serves as a restaurant until the night kicks in, Asian fusion cuisine. The biggest con against this place is the location. It is located on the outskirts near the water, so if you want to bounce from there it becomes a problem since there is much happening in the proximity.

But definitely a great place to hit up if there is a party. The crowd again is predominantly Asian, but a big chuck is also the folks from the Marina/North Beach area. A tad expensive, but worth hitting up if there is something happening for sure on the night, otherwise it would be best to pass it up.

Fluid Ultra Lounge

Smallish place on Mission street. Crowd can be hit or miss, but generally speaking on Friday's and Saturday's you can expect a decent crowd. The crowd can hit capacity very quickly, since it is not really all that big. The front part has the bar at the center, and the back side is "VIP"/table service. Definitely a lot nicer in the back, especially if it is crowded the front becomes a horror story. Barely enough space to stand leave alone walking etc.

The girls again can be either complete stunners or total downers. But there generally is a decent selection of girls on the weekends. Music is mainstream R & B, Hip-Hop and House. The place does get a lot of black people, so the music is generally geared to that audience. Get there early or be prepared to wait for a while.

Harlot

Small club near Mission street. The place is pretty alright, the crowd is not necessarily great all the time. Music is an assortment, not one of my regular spots so cannot recommend that much.

But definitely a good spot to hit up if in the area, and you might run across a few girls DTF. The decor, as the name suggests is focused on debauchery and the place reflects that. If it is crowded it becomes a nightmare to be in since it is small. On certain nights the place can be off the hook, but it happens too infrequently to be on anybody's top list.

Infusion Lounge

I have not been to this place, since it opened only a year or so ago. But it seems to be one of the best spots in the downtown area at the moment.

Wednesday nights are huge from what I see and hear from my friends. So Wednesday night might be a good time to hit it up and check it out.

Roe

3 floors, the ground floor is mostly house music. The basement plays different kinds of music, but is smaller and there isn't much of a dancing area but there used to be couches along the walls, good place to take back girls for escalation. Top floor plays mainly R & B, Hip-Hop and an assortment mostly.

Crowd is generally pretty alright, but nothing great. They have some fashion events etc before the night begins sometimes, and those are generally alright to attend and build some leads. The place is not huge, so capacity problems show up when there is an event/party. Sometimes wait times can be dreadful if you don't get there early.

Ruby Skye

Probably the biggest and most talked about place in downtown SF. The place is huge for SF standards, and pulls major crowd on the weekends generally. The annual White Party is definitely a good scene. Music is mostly house, and whatever flavor the DJ's are spinning on the night. They bring over a bunch of the big DJ's from around the country and outside for the major parties.

The crowd can be a bit snobbish on the whole, a lot of people who get in suddenly get an entitlement attitude once they are past the bouncers. Expensive place, but definitely worth spending the bucks when they have a big party. Girls who make it through inside are dressed very well and expect to see a few stunners.

Slide

Right next door to Ruby Skye. Very small compared to Ruby Skye though, located in the basement of the building next door. A lot of people rave about the place, but not a personal favorite. The bouncers and the management are extremely snobbish to the point of being rude most of the time. There are a few good guys there, but it takes time to crack the place and become a regular.

The crowd is pretty decent. Most of the people who don't manage to get in to Ruby Skye try their chance here more often than not. So sort of a second hand crowd more or less most of the time, but definitely a place to hit up and it can get rocking on certain nights.

Temple

This is another huge place. In size it might actually be bigger than Ruby Skye. The ground level is one big hall with bars on either side of the room. It is a restaurant as well during the evenings, so things kick off a bit later here.

The basement level has two rooms of sorts. One plays R & B and Hip-Hop, the other surrounding this area plays an assortment of music. Asian sort of decor in the basement level with statues etc in the middle of the place. The crowd is predominantly Asian, but definitely not just Asian.

Vessel
Neighborhood: Union Square

One of my personal favorites. The crowd is one of the best you will find in Downtown SF most of the time. Smallish place again, so get in there early or know someone, otherwise it will be a very long wait outside and there are chances you might never make it inside. Music is good mostly house and some R & B maybe, dance floor is small so it does become a pain if there is a big crowd in.

But definitely one of the best places to hit up in the city. The close proximity to other clubs is generally good to bounce around.

Gentlemen's Clubs:

There isn't much to brag about on this front in SF, so only a couple of place in this list.

Broadway Showgirls Cabaret
Neighborhood: North Beach/Telegraph Hill

The place is expensive as hell, but the quality is a bit better compared to the other places in the area or other clubs in SF. There are quite a few very good looking girls here normally, but then there are also bound to be some who are just passable.

Only been there a couple of times, and it was pretty alright. Nothing to spectacular to remember, but pretty decent is all I can say.

Centerfolds
Neighborhood: Financial District/North Beach/Telegraph Hill

Don't have a lot of information on this place, was there once I believe and that too a bit late. And didn't really see anything worthwhile to stay around for so left within 15 minutes.

Gold Club

Never been to the place so cannot provide much information. The place is right opposite to Roe mentioned above. Have heard the place is alright and has some good nights, but cannot personally comment on it.

Larry Flynt's Hustler Club
Neighborhood: Financial District/North Beach/Telegraph Hill

A couple of blocks from Broadway Showgirls, the place is bigger but the quality is lower then Broadway Showgirls. There are a few stunners here, but they aren't around a lot and the regular girls working there aren't something you want to write home to.

A bit cheaper then Broadway Showgirls, but the place is definitely hit or miss. The girls are a bit more open than the former place, but a lot of flakes.

General stuff:

The downtown SF area is on the higher side compared to places like Mission etc. So expect to pay more for everything in almost all the places mentioned above.

And in general getting in clubs on weekend nights can be a hassle if you are a single guy or a group of guys. The best way is to know the bouncers or the promoters and get on to the VIP/Guest List or whatever.

Dress sharp, almost all of the places above will not allow people in with casual clothes. And this goes for girls as well.

I am pretty sure I missed out on a bunch of places, but it is already become an extremely long post so it is quite alright I skipped a few. If anyone has any specific questions, let me know and I will try my best to provide further information.

Hope it helps!!

Game is not about sex. Sex is a by-product, albeit an excellent one, it is the thrill of the hunt!!

Well this a highly appropriate post considering I just asked the forum about S.F.

Thanks for posting man, I look forward to living in the city (and burning all my red and blue clothing).

Quote: (06-01-2011 02:48 PM)Docter Wrote:  

Well this a highly appropriate post considering I just asked the forum about S.F.

Thanks for posting man, I look forward to living in the city (and burning all my red and blue clothing).

Docter, your post had me laughing!! You don't need to burn your red/blue clothing, I wasn't trying to get anybody scared about the gang situation. Just don't wear it in the Mission District & have fun when you move out here. Always remember, day game is key out here!

Good data sheet here.

I will add a few things. I never say much about SF nightlife because I am 99% Day Game.

The area around the UC Berkeley campus is really good

The area around the University of SF sucks. This school is known for having low quality women

SF State is ok for a mixed, working class crowd. Lots of Asians.

The area around San Jose state is pretty good.

The best white girls hang out in "The Marina".

The best day Game spot in the city is probably "Union Square"

"The Financial District" is good for young professionals

The SF Bay Area is a major, international area, so of course there are alot of pretty women. But, I don't think SF has the quality that the other major cities have. (LA, San Diego, Chicago, NY, Miami). All my friends who have gone away to college agree that there are hotter women in Phoenix, Tucson, San Diego, and Austin.

Here in SF, its hard to get alot of hot girls all in the same location. There really isn't one party area where all the hotties go. Everything is spread out into different neighborhoods and towns. If you only have a few days and you don't know your way around ,you can be disappointed. The best white girls are one place, the best Latinas are somewhere else, the best Asians are somewhere different, the best black girls are all spread out, so that makes things a little tricky.

Don't get me wrong, we have plenty of cute girls, but for the average guy on vacation, I think finding them could be a challenge. 6's and 7's are everywhere, but 8's and 9's are more elusive.

For years guys have been saying..."SF is a great city just don't come for the girls". When I see rankings of the best looking girls in America, SF is always like 14th or 15th. Don't expect anything like Manhattan, South Beach, or Austin.

Beauty just isn't a big priority here like it is in other places, this is a feminist and hippie hot bed, which is bad for beauty. And the weather is a little chilly, so we don't get all the sexy short skirts and stuff like that.

If you fall in love with "The City", it will probably be because of the unique culture. You really feel free in San Francisco. You can do pretty much whatever you want and no one will bother you. Artists and free spirits love it here. There is a certain "counter-culture"and "non conformist" vibe in many parts of the city. People generally are very progressive and cutting edge. You are free to be yourself here. Its been like this for decades.

Don't forget to check out the East Bay and South Bay and North Bay. They are all very different. I guess there is something here for everyone if they can just find the right location.

Great thread! any advice on good places to game around Stanford, day or night?

Quote: (09-11-2011 01:31 PM)bmn200 Wrote:  

Great thread! any advice on good places to game around Stanford, day or night?

Day time = Stanford campus

Night time = University Ave.

Off The Grid is a series of taco trucks that have been taken over by chefs and serving much better food. They travel between different spots throughout the week, with a couple extra trucks for chairs, tables, etc. All ages, everyone interested in good food, lots of comparing food, talking about the countries of origin, the neighborhood the trucks are in. The Fort Mason stop is possibly too big.

http://offthegridsf.com/weekly-markets

Oakland Grand Lake Farmers Market (Saturday mornings)
Biased towards heavily tattooed art students who flock out to pay $3.50 for a peach, but around that core there's something for everyone, with all ages, incomes, and classes represented (including Piedmont and Trestle Glenn matrons). Biggest April-October. Paltry otherwise, and on rainy days.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/grand-lake-farme...et-oakland

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

This is a very good write up - just reading it after getting in for the night. I'm very tired so this will be somewhat stream-of-consciousness.

Agree with nearly everything that the OP wrote, except for the part about the Bay Area as a whole being comparable to New York. Spoken like a man who has never lived in New York. NYC is ridiculous. If there is a better US city to be a single man, I am unaware where it is.

Still, you can find reasonably hot women all over here - although in Union Sq most of them will be tourists. This is not a bad thing.

The Mission is cool, but the current reigning nightlife champion in neighborhoods is Polk St between Post and Union. The area around Polk and Bush (heh) is maybe the hottest intersection in the city on a Friday/Sat night.

Club 6 is a great spot, but it's in a terrible location. Keep your head about you at all times in that general area (6th between Market and Mission.)

Never been to Milk or Baobab, but I have pulled from Double Dutch. It's almost always got a great vibe. Milk I've heard is xlnt, though.

I second the following places: Ambassador, Sugar (heh) Cafe, Redwood Room, Jon Collins, Slide, and Infusion.

Roe sucks, and Harlot you will wait in line forever unless you have women in your group. Infusion is somewhat that way too, but it's 10X a better club, may be the best club in SF at the moment.

Will post more later.

PS - One of the posters made an accurate point about dress/style here. If you know how to dress in this city, women will attack you; if you don't, they will treat you like you're an insect. SF is somewhat deceptive in that way, because many, many men do not dress well.

Quote: (09-24-2011 03:19 AM)Sugar Wrote:  

This is a very good write up - just reading it after getting in for the night. I'm very tired so this will be somewhat stream-of-consciousness.

Agree with nearly everything that the OP wrote, except for the part about the Bay Area as a whole being comparable to New York. Spoken like a man who has never lived in New York. NYC is ridiculous. If there is a better US city to be a single man, I am unaware where it is.

Still, you can find reasonably hot women all over here - although in Union Sq most of them will be tourists. This is not a bad thing.

The Mission is cool, but the current reigning nightlife champion in neighborhoods is Polk St between Post and Union. The area around Polk and Bush (heh) is maybe the hottest intersection in the city on a Friday/Sat night.

Club 6 is a great spot, but it's in a terrible location. Keep your head about you at all times in that general area (6th between Market and Mission.)

Never been to Milk or Baobab, but I have pulled from Double Dutch. It's almost always got a great vibe. Milk I've heard is xlnt, though.

I second the following places: Ambassador, Sugar (heh) Cafe, Redwood Room, Jon Collins, Slide, and Infusion.

Roe sucks, and Harlot you will wait in line forever unless you have women in your group. Infusion is somewhat that way too, but it's 10X a better club, may be the best club in SF at the moment.

Will post more later.

PS - One of the posters made an accurate point about dress/style here. If you know how to dress in this city, women will attack you; if you don't, they will treat you like you're an insect. SF is somewhat deceptive in that way, because many, many men do not dress well.

Thanks Despinoza and Sugar - lots of good information here. I currently live in the South Bay (San Jose), but will likely be moving up to SF if one of the jobs I'm currently interviewing for in the city goes right.

I've heard of most of the spots mentioned here, and I'm glad to see that there is some general agreement on what the top bars/clubs are (especially the bars on Polk Street, where I've had the most success).

Sugar: I'm wondering what you think of the Marina district (for both clubs/bars and living)? I was considering moving there as I have some friends from college who currently rent there, but the area does seem a bit too homogeneous and trust-fundy. There's also the fact that I'm East Indian, and everyone I know who lives there is Caucasian it seems. The other areas I've considered are North Beach, Russian Hill, Nob Hill.

Also, no love for Manor West? Granted, I've only been once. But it was really the only large scale club in SF besides Infusion that I was genuinely impressed with in terms of layout and girls.

If you're not white, you're going to have a hard time pulling in the Bay Area - especially the Marina District.

It's not racism per se. Rather, Indian guys have such weak game, that they've ruined it for the rest of you. Typical Indian pick-up line:

"I make $250,000 a year at Yahoo."

So the women are really biased against non-whites. As with most biases, it can be overcome. Just want ya to know what to expect...

Though many say that it is a goldmine, I don't believe San Francisco is the optimal city for gaming at all.

In my experience you only have it easy in the city if you are a 9 in looks as women there are cultured to "expect the best" and have incredibly high expectations. Social circle game or whatever is great, but only if you live in the city. The east bay's way easier and much less pretentious.

Quote:Quote:

Very, very true.

Agree with the previous comment about looks. So many techies and unpolished guys roaming around, I have been getting an enormous amount of eye contact and all I wear is a fit t-shirt and fit jeans .

edit: point being, looks may get your foot in the door elsewhere, they break the fucking door down here.

If you're black, Arsimona is allegedly the place to be. Both times I've tried to go by it was already at fire capacity for the number of people who could enter and had locked the doors. Would like a report from someone who actually gets into the place.

Plus angle: Zensprings is an extremely clean Chinatown love hotel on the other side of the block that rents "spa" rooms for $40 an hour to couples, complete with "yoga mats" (ie sex beds) and mirrors. $10 filling charge if you actually want to use the baths, if you call in advance the clerk will have it filled by the time you arrive.

Berkeley Hot Tubs is more patchouli oil set but the same set up for couples off University Avenue. They don't change the water each use so the earlier in the day the better.

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Quote: (09-27-2011 05:13 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

If you're not white, you're going to have a hard time pulling in the Bay Area - especially the Marina District.

So the women are really biased against non-whites. As with most biases, it can be overcome. Just want ya to know what to expect...

Not quite. First, the entire bay area is one of the most liberal and non-racist places you would ever find. Having said that, South bay(San Jose, Mountain View, Sunnyvale etc), in some ways is pretty bad for Asians/Indians but it's totally a product of their own doing. But you anyway wouldn't want to waste your time in those parts - they are BORING places, have poor ratios and not to mention a horrible nightlife. As for the rest of the bay area, especially SF will gladly welcome you with open arms provided you bring something to the table and don't classify as one of those nerds.

SF is not a bad place for gaming but you gotta blend in with the vibe of the district as every district is TOTALLY different from the other. And yeah, Marina is definitely a preppy place but you can surely pull if you're dressed up well(button down shirts, high-end jeans, suits) and have game. Mission on the other hand, has a completely different scene - hipsters, artists, mixed-age crowd and perhaps the most colorblind district(actually, black guys kill it here for real) so you need a different kind of game to pull. Basically, the common denominator in any scenario is game - if you have that, the rest can be figured out without much pain. The key in SF is to figure out what district/style/type of game works best for you and then concentrate on that. I'll give you a little secret: you don't even need to waste time on going-out if you don't enjoy it, rather just go online! 90% of the single women I have met in real life in a lot of different situations, I found them on OkCupid as well!

Game is a necessary evil

It's not racism per se. Rather, Indian guys have such weak game, that they've ruined it for the rest of you. Typical Indian pick-up line:

You gotta show them you're not your average Indian guy by dressing sharp and having confidence. Its pretty easy to differentiate yourself by just wearing a nice custom suit and not having an Indian accent.

I'm pretty efficient at differentiating myself(even when I'm wearing my glasses and a shitty t-shirt at school) by joking at Indian FOBS expense.

This is actually a step up - most of the time when I see Indian dudes in bars they never talk to anyone at all besides themselves. They also always come at least in groups of three, and they all wear a pleaded shirt (often the same one from Costco), jeans and sandals so they look like copies of each others. With this kind of setup no amount of game would ever help them.

I'd say an Indian dude who goes out alone and dresses up differently comparing to other Indian dudes would have a much better chance. Sufficient to say I have never seen it.

Quote: (09-28-2011 02:39 AM)haywire Wrote:  

Not quite. First, the entire bay area is one of the most liberal and non-racist places you would ever find.

How many mixed-race couples do you see in SF - even in a Tech central place like SF?

Go to 25 Lusk on a Friday after work hours. Take some pictures of all of these "liberal and non-racist" white women who are kicking it with Indian and other non-white guys.

I'll be waiting...

Quote: (09-28-2011 05:19 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

How many mixed-race couples do you see in SF - even in a Tech central place like SF?

Go to 25 Lusk on a Friday after work hours. Take some pictures of all of these "liberal and non-racist" white women who are kicking it with Indian and other non-white guys.

I'll be waiting...

That there are a few racist white women in SF, does not mean that entire SF is racist. Sure you can find racist people from all the races in all parts of the world, just that they are less in number in NorCal. I've never been to 25 Lusk but what you said might be true. To counter that, go to Little Baobab on any weekend night and see how the black guys kill it there. Or to any salsa club and see how the latinos are scoring. All the guys of color that I know in SF, have been able to get the women of their preference when they were willing to work on their game/style. Ofcourse, there is no denying that the Kirkland Jeans wearing stereotypical Indian won't be able to do much in any place(perhaps not even in India for that matter), but I personally know a couple of older Indian dudes that only game in Marina and are pretty much cleaning the house.

Game is a necessary evil