rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Average American Woman's Weight = 1960's American Male Weight

Quote:Quote:

The average American woman weighs 166.2 pounds, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. As reddit recently pointed out, that's almost exactly as much as the average American man weighed in the early 1960s.

Men, you're not looking too hot in this scenario either. Over the same time period you gained nearly 30 pounds, from 166.3 in the 60s to 195.5 today. Doing the same comparison as above, today's American man weighs almost as much as 1.5 American women from the 1960s. At 195.5 pounds, put five American guys in a room and you've gathered roughly half a ton of manhood.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonk...the-1960s/

[Image: fatter.gif] [Image: american.gif]

I jumped ahead to the comment section and saw this ass hole.

Really neat how the headline focuses solely on how the average weight of women has gone up. Misogyny is alive and well at The Post!

I read the article and it mentioned that women weight had increased by 25lbs whereas mens weight had gone up 30lbs. The article also notes that the increased weight has gone up with the introduction of high fructose corn syrup. The article also compares average country weights between USA, France, Japan and Bangladesh.

There was not even a single misogynistic comment in the article.

[Image: hamster3.gif]

Since women are built to carry more body fat and men are made to be muscular and slim the fact that men these days are WAYYY too high in their body fat ( thus making them a lot more obese than chubby women are ) is appalling. In 19c London you would sometimes see a woman a bit on the plumper side, but ALL men were slim and fit.

Quote: (06-13-2015 02:32 AM)JordanH Wrote:  

Really neat how the headline focuses solely on how the average weight of women has gone up. Misogyny is alive and well at The Post!

I read the article and it mentioned that women weight had increased by 25lbs whereas mens weight had gone up 30lbs. The article also notes that the increased weight has gone up with the introduction of high fructose corn syrup. The article also compares average country weights between USA, France, Japan and Bangladesh.

There was not even a single misogynistic comment in the article.

[Image: hamster3.gif]
This is just me fighting against your bad point as opposed to what you mean, but she was referring to the headline. The headline (in her feminist brain) is misogynistic because it says "The average American woman now weighs as much as the average 1960s man", when it could've said "The average American blah blah blah". Let's not stoop down to their level of reasoning.

And then you all wonder why I come off like Uncle Rico around here: "Back in '82..."

[Image: uncle-rico-back-in-82.jpg]

It wasn't my imagination. The walking wildebeasts I see lumbering around today simply didn't exist back then. Women were hotter.

And let's be honest about men, shall we? When men get heavy, they become fat fucks. They either morph into Paul Blart Mall Cop or they become wimpy SJW hipsters. But either way, their goal is to run around trying to "name and shame" other men for having normal sexual relations with women.

However, I have a solution. I reckon you all know a lot about cyberspace. Any of you ever come across anything like time travel?

In exchange for sending me back to the '80s, I will give you a few bucks, plus some cool vintage vinyl from the era.

People (men and women) are definitely fatter now than they were in the '60s, but folks are also significantly taller now too. I am always a bit surprised at how big my young relatives are, my nieces in middle and high school are surprisingly tall (must be all the vitamins, and the lack of strenuous physical labor). So I think we need data on body fat % (and not that BMI bullshit either) before we make any big conclusions. But people definitely look fatter now, just check out the photos in that awesome 1980s mall photos thread and see what's what.

Quote: (06-13-2015 03:51 AM)remembermyname Wrote:  

Since women are built to carry more body fat and men are made to be muscular and slim the fact that men these days are WAYYY too high in their body fat ( thus making them a lot more obese than chubby women are ) is appalling. In 19c London you would sometimes see a woman a bit on the plumper side, but ALL men were slim and fit.

This is precisely backwards. Men can put on significant muscle mass, and look better for it.

Women cannot put on as much muscle mass, and weight gain will be fattier than for men. Plus, upper body muscle mass makes women look uglier.

Moreover, when you ditch stupid BMI, and assess fatness using body fat percentages, women are even fatter than their BMIs would indicate, as compared to men. Having the same BMI cutoffs for obesity for men and women (and even for blacks and whites) has no basis in science.

Both women and men smoked way much more fifty years ago. This has to factor in somehow the lack of weight gain at the time.

Quote: (06-14-2015 12:26 AM)Sombro Wrote:  

Both women and men smoked way much more fifty years ago. This has to factor in somehow the lack of weight gain at the time.

I agree, but people were skinny before the massive smoking increase from 1930s to 1960s. And lung cancer was rare back then too.

I wonder if DNP will ever make a comeback for weight loss.

Quote: (06-13-2015 10:02 PM)Basil Ransom Wrote:  

Quote: (06-13-2015 03:51 AM)remembermyname Wrote:  

This is precisely backwards. Men can put on significant muscle mass, and look better for it.

Women cannot put on as much muscle mass, and weight gain will be fattier than for men. Plus, upper body muscle mass makes women look uglier.

Moreover, when you ditch stupid BMI, and assess fatness using body fat percentages, women are even fatter than their BMIs would indicate, as compared to men. Having the same BMI cutoffs for obesity for men and women (and even for blacks and whites) has no basis in science.

Exactly.

On a percentage basis women going from up to 166 lbs. is about a full percentage point higher than men's, but I was shocked to hear that women on average were 140 lbs back in 1960...that sounds high. Leading me to assume that they probably massaged the data like they normally do in these sorts of tables.

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

I'm becoming more of a "fat-ist" with every passing day. Even people 20lbs overweight piss me off.

166lbs for a woman is seriously fat. My wife weighed 130 when we got married and even that day eons ago I asked her to drop 10 which she never did.
The normal average American diet is fucked. Huge carb loading! It is suprising their are any thin girls left at all.
Too much bread, soft drinks, milk and ice cream. Smoking did indeed help keep people thin.

I'm 6'2...and I've weighed less than the average American woman most of my adult life?

Wow.

It's time to jump ship fellas.

Get a globe, and throw a dart at it. Buy a ticket there lol.

My parents grew up in the late 40s and early 50s. According to them, the few fat people around back then typically tended to be either complete gluttons or beer-drinking alcoholics.

This was before widespread availability of cheap junk food and fast food. Kids also had a lot of PE in schools and their parents actually controlled the portion sizes of what they ate. On birthdays and holidays, my mom's parents would only allow the kids to have one piece of cake or pie. Their day-to-day snack foods, meanwhile, consisted mainly of fruits like oranges, apples, and bananas.

I've eaten like this for the past three years and plan to throughout the rest of my life.

I don't think the average person really knows that lean meat, vegetables, and fruits fill you up way better than junk or fast food ever could, are far less calorically dense and a thousand times more nutritious. There are a lot of fat people who seemingly don't actually know why they're fat, probably because they've always eaten poorly and always been fat.

Junk food and fast food needs to be treated the same way tobacco's treated: warning labels, full complete list of ingredients, taxed more heavily, etc.

I find it insidious that they market the shit to kids, too. "Happy meals" for instance.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

The average woman can step in the ring with Bernard Hopkins then - not a good thing.

Quote: (06-13-2015 02:32 AM)JordanH Wrote:  

Wait a minute. I thought that focusing on a magic number like "body weight" to determine one's level of self worth was a form of body shaming. The headline just makes a statement; who are these weight-ists commenting that don't realize that one can be healthy and beautiful at ANY weight? [Image: tard.gif]

Seriously telling comment, though. Women should get all of the attention, "fair" amount of pay, etc.....unless its negative attention.

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

Why is she mad? She's just as equal now, in weight, to the evil patriarchal men of the 1960s. Isn't equality what feminism is really about? Hell, she might even be big-- better than them! [Image: lol.gif]

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

It takes far longer for a woman to lose weight. 9 months of solid effort to lose 35 pounds. Most wont even try. An interesting insight into weight management is the Donner Party. After months of starvation in the winter the women came out thin and the men mostly died.

Quote: (06-14-2015 01:30 PM)rpg Wrote:  

It takes far longer for a woman to lose weight. 9 months of solid effort to lose 35 pounds. Most wont even try. An interesting insight into weight management is the Donner Party. After months of starvation in the winter the women came out thin and the men mostly died.

It doesn't. A woman can lose a pound a week just like a man if they eat 500 calories below their maintenance limit.

It's important to look at the average weight of women ages 20-29 (not all ages). I found some data from the CDC:

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/ad/ad347.pdf (page 8)
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/series/sr_11/sr11_252.pdf (page 8)

For women ages 20-29 in the USA, the average weight was:

1960-1962: 127.7 lbs
1971-1974: 133.9 lbs
1976-1980: 135.7 lbs
1988-1994: 141.7 lbs
1999-2002: 156.5 lbs
2007-2010: 161.9 lbs

It appears there was a huge deterioration starting in the late 90s, which coincides with the start of a lot of "game" literature.

[Image: YchdZQ5.gif]

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Quote: (06-14-2015 08:21 AM)rpg Wrote:  

166lbs for a woman is seriously fat. My wife weighed 130 when we got married and even that day eons ago I asked her to drop 10 which she never did.
The normal average American diet is fucked. Huge carb loading! It is suprising their are any thin girls left at all.
Too much bread, soft drinks, milk and ice cream. Smoking did indeed help keep people thin.

Wide scale fat shaming disappeared in the late 80s/early 90s, there used to be times when women were ashamed of their bodies and would cover up accordingly. I remember the days when pregnant women wore looser fitting clothes so the bump wasn’t so prominent. I have no interest in seeing pregnant women showing skin.

Demi Moore did this in 1991:

[Image: 51aSXMNTjoL._SL500_SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

Around that time, a lot of women felt that it was OK to let everything hang out, including fat stomachs.
-------------------------------------------------------
There’s a couple of east Asian women in my office who eat home cooked Chinese/Korean food for lunch and a lot of fruit and salads. There’s also a white American lady “K” who at lunch time asks the server not to add vegetables, doesn’t eat any meat where she can see the bones (which basically means that it’s all processed), and loves Mac and Cheese. There’s been times where we have lunch and her plate is 50% fries and 50% Mac and Cheese. Guess who’s fat - K or the Asians?!
---------------------------------------------------------
We had a team lunch last week at a Japanese place, and I was sitting next to my director “J’ (300lb white woman), and K. K mentioned that she’s bought a fitbit and works out and then J says that she goes to the gym too! I almost burst out laughing in front of them. J and K are so feminine that they are hard core football fans. Right after lunch I walk back to the parking lot with K – she spots a Sprinkles cupcakes and buys herself 2 cupcakes.

This how fucking deluded many American women are when it comes to their weight.

166 lbs is the Average female weight? Holy fucking shit. On the binary boner scale, that's most definitely a zero.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Quote: (06-14-2015 08:21 AM)rpg Wrote:  

Soft drinks and sugary foods are WAY, WAY worse for you than bread and milk. I'm not sure why they'd be listed in the same breath.

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

How tall is she?