rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Vacation has been remade

Vacation has been remade

It tries to be a sequel, but the same story.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Vacation has been remade

Vacation has been remade

I laughed at the trailer. I dunno, I really liked the originals.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Vacation has been remade

Relevant:

[Image: Loss-of-Originality-STATS8.gif]

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Vacation has been remade

This actually looks pretty awesome. I'll probably buy it when it comes out on iTunes.

Vacation has been remade

People always hate on remakes/sequels of old classics, but most of the time I'm cool with them. I actually never got the chance to see any of the Vacation movies, minus Christmas Vacation, which was always a Christmas tradition for my family. Always loved it.

Vacation has been remade

I think this is great, for those that have seen the originals this is going to be an excellent contrast to how shit things have become. I think there will be an underlying message of "this is the new world, you can't go back, deal with it"

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Vacation has been remade

Hangover Part 4

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.

Vacation has been remade

Why do most trailers have a "Red Band" subtitle nowadays? Has anybody else noticed this?

Vacation has been remade

Quote: (08-11-2016 01:45 PM)JoaquinMim Wrote:  

Why do most trailers have a "Red Band" subtitle nowadays? Has anybody else noticed this?

Not "most" there tiger. You've just been "mostly" watching rated R or NC-17 trailers.

Vacation has been remade

The best original shows so far have been products of AMC, HBO, Netflix, and some stuff from Amazon.

On Netflix I just finished up 'Stranger Things' and just started Season 1 of 'The Last Kingdom' (ok.. technically it is a book adaptation). Netflix is going to be producing season 2.

Vacation has been remade

Another classic butchered.

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

Vacation has been remade

In my opinion, they did a decent job with this one. It was funny and didn't attempt to replace the original. They also didn't fill it with ridiculous SJW propaganda.

Vacation has been remade

Dreadful.

The original Vacation movies were useful vehicles for Chevy Chase's shtick(like the Fletch movies). They worked perfectly in that way. This remake will be pitiful and unfunny.

Vacation has been remade

Watched this with my mother on some random movie channel a few months ago. It was okay I laughed at a few parts. That said, creativity left hollywood a while ago. The place where real creativity is happening these days is television and independent films. Even actors and actresses know this which is why you see so many of them doing small screen roles nowadays.

Vacation has been remade

The original Vacation movies were already about a father losing control of his role as family patriarch, the Vegas flick definitely was about this, but they were still entertaining and the mom/daughter were attractive and feminine.

As for the different question, why doesn't Hollywood produce anything new?

My guess is that it is so insular now, you basically have to be an SJW jew to get anything produced.

It's not like there isn't anything original. A lot of what Mel Gibson made was quite original such as Passion of The Christ and Apocalypto, two original movies which were great. He got blacklisted though for his Passion movie though by Hollywood jews.

There's also the problem, that if you don't subscribe to pre-SJW stories and archetypes, then you can't really write a good story, because all good stories have the same common archetypes of hero, princess, king, evil queen, etc etc.

Vacation has been remade

Quote: (08-12-2016 01:02 PM)nomadbrah Wrote:  

It's not like there isn't anything original. A lot of what Mel Gibson made was quite original such as Passion of The Christ and Apocalypto, two original movies which were great. He got blacklisted though for his Passion movie though by Hollywood jews.

Both those movies are 10+ years old. Also I wouldn't call Passion of the Christ "original" - it's just the story of Jesus, his rise, and persecution. It's technically a movie bast on a book, and something that has been adapted before.

There are certainly some gems here and there. Some of the best true originals to come out the past few years have been horror films. James Wan killed it with Insidious and The Conjuring (and now both have sequels - go figure).

Vacation has been remade

I will watch it. Probably with my dad and brother, just like every Vacation movie made. We love the Griswalds, especially my brother.

Every time we stopped for lunch at some roadside attraction theme restaurant, he would just start grinning, waiting for the next fuck up to happen Clark style.

National Lampoons are great.

Vacation has been remade

Quote: (08-12-2016 01:14 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Both those movies are 10+ years old. Also I wouldn't call Passion of the Christ "original" - it's just the story of Jesus, his rise, and persecution. It's technically a movie bast on a book, and something that has been adapted before.

There are certainly some gems here and there. Some of the best true originals to come out the past few years have been horror films. James Wan killed it with Insidious and The Conjuring (and now both have sequels - go figure).

Have you seen it? Its the most dramatic cinema of "the passion" that I have ever seen. Most cinema telling of christ's crucifixion come off as "another day in sunday school" Gibson made christians, regular people and jews go "oh shit" with his version and it opened the door for a slew of more cinematic, alebeit shitty, christian movies since.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Vacation has been remade

Anthony Michael Hall was a big reason why the original Vacation was good. Every other movie in that franchise was much worse than the original. He supposedly got offered roles in at least the second movie, which was European Vacation, but turned them down, as at that time he was a pretty big star after Sixteen Candles and maybe a few other movies.

Vacation has been remade

Quote: (08-12-2016 02:31 PM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

Quote: (08-12-2016 01:14 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Have you seen it? Its the most dramatic cinema of "the passion" that I have ever seen. Most cinema telling of christ's crucifixion come off as "another day in sunday school" Gibson made christians, regular people and jews go "oh shit" with his version and it opened the door for a slew of more cinematic, alebeit shitty, christian movies since.

I didn't say it wasn't a good piece of film or socially impactful - just that it's not an original story. It's not. It's just another retelling of the story of Jesus Christ.

Vacation has been remade

Now granted, the gain on my SJW radar is set pretty high - but did anybody else catch the role-reversal/cuck theme?

First you have the Chad Thundercock scene, where he prances about in front of the wife in his underwear - and after that they kill off the sexy woman from the original with a semi-truck. It looks to me like they're doing a reversal of the infidelity temptation from the original... which COULD work mind you, if they use the trope of "Chad seems sexy, but he's actually a shallow man child/narcissist, and your husband might seem boring because you see him every day, but in reality he's quite heroic - you're just too accustomed to him"... but WILL they go down this route? Or will they, instead, write in a male temptation onto a female character?

I hope I'm wrong, because the rest of the trailer seemed great; a follow-up sequel which honours the spirit of the original.

Vacation has been remade

You guys do know you're writing about what they "will" do in a movie that was released a year ago?

Vacation has been remade

[Image: tumblr_nj5t0gHGMG1t55xupo1_400.gif]

Clark was an affable idiot, but he was no chump. I cant even compare buddy from Hangover to Chevy, its not even a contest.

Hangover guy will just beta out and shriek around in his whiny voice and make way for more male stumping by the powerful, smart and brave female cast.

Vacation has been remade

Chevy was the man of the year when Saturday night live started. He was the show and that's sayig something since it also had Bill Murray, Steve Martin and etc at their prime.

I'm a big Chevy homer was my dad showed them all to me as a kid. He loved Fletch, etc.

Loser guy can't compare to prime, sex god Chevy. The first 5-10 years after Saturday night live and fletch Chevy could have bed any woman in the USA.

I won't watch, tired of movie execs ruining or making C level remakes of classics.