rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Major League Baseball Star's Pay Stub Goes Viral

[Image: andrew-mccutchen-pay-stub.jpg]

Quote:Quote:

Andrew McCutchen’s pay stub was posted online by redditor Grassiii, who claims his friend found the document while on a tour of the visitor’s clubhouse at Wrigley House.

There’s nothing particularly dubious about the photo leak considering that his account and personal information were blacked out, but it does kind of suck to see that Andrew pays more in taxes every two weeks than some people make in a year.

Speaking of taxes, how about the thing called “Jock Tax” which means you get taxed for every game you play in different states. We knew that was a thing, but it’s crazy to see it with your own eyes.

It’s also interesting to see he gets paid every weeks. Pro athletes are humans, guys!

http://coed.com/2015/05/22/andrew-mccutc...ngs-taxes/

[Image: 1263616356002227236.jpg]

the gross pay vs. net pay from taxes is astounding. I mean that just paid for 1400 familys foodstamps.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

He's certainly paying his "fair share" in taxes.

Hopefully this can serve as a reality check for certain tax-and-spenders. He's paying pretty much half his salary.

I've always been fascinated by the "jock taxes" every city and state with a pro sports team has. It's the height of "taxation without representation". McCutchen doesn't live in St Louis, Cincinnati, or Philadelphia, but owes what appears to be quite a pretty penny to those jurisdictions for three days of work on a road trip.

I realize that all pro athletes pay those taxes, and that no one really feels sorry for them having to pay said taxes, but it's an aspect of tax law that screams "gimme dat!" more than any other tax.

"Nothing comes easier than madness in the world today
Mass paranoia is a mode not a malady"
Bad Religion - The Defense

While I believe it is being or has already been phased out, the "jock tax" on professional basketball players for the Memphis Grizzlies, was actually a tax that was collected by the state from the players and funneled back to the owners of the team.

Tennessee is also among the group of states that lack a regular income tax, so athletes who live there catch a break in that sense.

But the Tennessee tax is strange, according to Ron Klempner, the interim head of the NBA players’ union, and several other tax experts who have addressed the issue. Any NBA player who is on a team’s roster during any game in Memphis has to pay a flat tax bill of $2,500 for that game. (The same goes for NHL players who pop into Nashville to face the Predators.) The tax applies to a maximum of three games, so that no player pays more than $7,500 per calendar year, Klempner says. The flat rates apply to each player, regardless of his individual income level, and they also apply to Memphis players; Marc Gasol, Zach Randolph, and Tony Wroten all wrote $7,500 checks to the state of Tennessee for last season.

Except the money doesn’t go to the state — another of Tennessee’s jock tax quirks. It goes to the operators of the Grizzlies’ arena, who happen to also own the franchise, Klempner says. The state doesn’t see a dime, at least not directly. The theory is that arena operators will use the extra cash to spruce things up, draw more celebrated acts, and spend in other ways that will ultimately bring more visitors and money to the Memphis area.

“The state is collecting this money on behalf of a private entity,” Klempner says.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/paying...-jock-tax/

The people who pay the most are very high earning people who get most of their money from income. Unlike the truly wealthy who make most their money through capital gains which is taxed at a much lower rate. These high income earners are the sheep getting fleeced.

But I don't feel sorry for him. Dude is getting $420k every two weeks for playing a game. I'll gladly swap places with him and keep his tax rate.

Quote: (05-23-2015 12:09 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

The people who pay the most are very high earning people who get most of their money from income. Unlike the truly wealthy who make most their money through capital gains which is taxed at a much lower rate. These high income earners are the sheep getting fleeced.

But I don't feel sorry for him. Dude is getting $420k every two weeks for playing a game. I'll gladly swap places with him and keep his tax rate.

It's worse than that Speak:

Most of the big money in America made their trillions when there were no taxes in America: The Rockafellas and Carnegies paid 0 dollars on their income or capital gain taxes.

Then when they made it to the top, they supported politicians who put the taxes, regulations, and chains on the rest of us.

ALL taxes are a ponzi scam.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Holy heavens that's a large income. Of course the tax will be high too since the USA government is responsible for repaying a perpetual debt to the privately owned Federal Reserve. I'm reminded of reading that since that nation's present monetary system was introduced in 1913, the US dollar has lost over 90% of its value.
Meanwhile the Rothschild families are allegedly worth over $400 trillion. Yes trillion.

Quote: (05-23-2015 12:39 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

It's worse than that Speak:

Most of the big money in America made their trillions when there were no taxes in America: The Rockafellas and Carnegies paid 0 dollars on their income or capital gain taxes.

Then when they made it to the top, they supported politicians who put the taxes, regulations, and chains on the rest of us.

ALL taxes are a ponzi scam.

Not only that - they made their money paying zero taxes and before income tax came in they shifted the ownership of their companies to tax-free foundations.

Those foundations can spend 5% on something that ultimately helps them and the goal of the tax-free foundation is met. For example the Rockefellers invested a lot in medicine from the early 1900 - they financed all universities that supported patentable medical treatments that were derived from petroleum. Back then only 33% of medical colleges were teaching allopathic medicine. Then suddenly only those colleges got checks in the amounts of hundreds of thousands or even millions. Decades later they controlled the narrative completely.

In the 1950s corporations paid 33% of the entire tax revenue. Now they pay about 9%. 91% is paid by individuals. The highest amount is by guys like this who cannot avoid any of those fees.

Anyone above 200 mio. $ pays less than 10% - some even pay nothing.

I love the fact that this thread focused on what an astonishing amount of taxes he has to pay, whereas everywhere else people would go "OMG!!44 How much money he makes!!! Unfaaaair! Why don't I make this much?!!!". Well, guess what - because he put in the sheer hard work, got lucky and only has a few more years to make this much. Then he'll probably go broke as these dumb US athletes who make the big bucks usually do. They're used to making millions annually, then the money tap closes. Bang! No income, pretty much no savings, you get the idea.

Also people don't realise how many players get this far - and how many drop out along the way. You could argue that it's unfair that he gets to make this much. I believe it's much more unfair that he has to pay this much in taxes. I mean I find the whole idea of the riches paying more taxes ridiculous. Why? Because they were smarter?

Quote: (05-23-2015 12:09 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

The people who pay the most are very high earning people who get most of their money from income.

Quote: (05-23-2015 12:39 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

Exactly. I'm all for taxes. In theory, they actually (can) pay for shit that we need. This idea of a taxless society is unrealistic. A graduated tax is not a bad idea, if it's actually graduated, not bulging in the middle and nowhere else. The wrong people pay the taxes (the working middle class), and wrong people spend those taxes (billionaires and their politician allies).

If you actually work for a living, especially if you're a young guy starting to get off the ground, you're getting fucked in the ass. A six-figure salary, as a normal single person, is a brutal bloodbath every two weeks--and I don't mean like this baseball player, who's getting screwed, but who's massive gross salary was probably calculated to what he would net in the end.

Six figures, after taxes, doesn't buy very much in any American city nowadays. I see more and more guys with valuable skills living with 3 or more roommates and taking the bus. Meanwhile, unproductive leeches like bankers are making money hand over fist and pay a fraction of what the dude breaking his back for his new business, that he built off the ground and actually contributes to society, does.

The ultra rich then manipulate the media to convince enough people that the real problem is welfare cheats and illegal immigrants, so that we continue to elect people that tax the working and let the guys waiting by the mailbox for their dividend check off the hook. Sure, those people are also siphoning value from our society, but at least some of them are making the hotel beds, picking fruit, and cooking meals. I'm all for dealing with the lazy who figure how to hustle up some food stamps while making money on the side, but I'd rather deal with these bankers and super-ultra billionaires who are fucking up our electoral system, throwing our young men into unnecessary wars in remote parts of the world in exchange for a pittance "for college," and making our women and children into fat iPhone addicts for their selfish profit. They basically drag-and-drop icons on computers all day and pull $60,000/week--and that's at best, because that's arguably still somewhat work. Many don't even have to leave the house, because they were born on third base and never have to do a real job ever. At the same time, the guy who owns the neighborhood hardware store--where they can actually answer your basic do-it-yourself question, and not make you ring up your own purchases at an automated machine--has a "going out of business" sign in his window.

If you want to see a good example of what I'm talking about, do a search for whole apartments in Manhattan (not a shared room). Set the parameters for a decent neighborhood, and don't bother to limit the price. This is what you get.

[Image: attachment.jpg26455]   

Who can afford this? Bankers, brokers, and other tax-free leeches. There are dozens upon dozens of places like this. They don't all face the beach, or central park, or take up a whole floor. Do you think this is only NYC? It may be worse there, but this is microcosm of the entire country.

The ultra rich's attitude: Squeeze a bunch of you tax-paying suckers into a shitty apartment in bad neighborhood so that I can own two of these baller apartments closer to the real job that you're stupid enough to work.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (05-23-2015 03:10 PM)marty Wrote:  

I love the fact that this thread focused on what an astonishing amount of taxes he has to pay, whereas everywhere else people would go "OMG!!44 How much money he makes!!! Unfaaaair! Why don't I make this much?!!!". Well, guess what - because he put in the sheer hard work, got lucky and only has a few more years to make this much. Then he'll probably go broke as these dumb US athletes who make the big bucks usually do. They're used to making millions annually, then the money tap closes. Bang! No income, pretty much no savings, you get the idea.

Also people don't realise how many players get this far - and how many drop out along the way. You could argue that it's unfair that he gets to make this much. I believe it's much more unfair that he has to pay this much in taxes. I mean I find the whole idea of the riches paying more taxes ridiculous. Why? Because they were smarter?

Exactly - envy is useless. On the other hand we know that the public accepts sports stars making money, but gets their panties in a bunch with doctors, politicians, business owners, some cops etc.

Quote: (05-23-2015 03:15 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Exactly. I'm all for taxes. In theory, they actually (can) pay for shit that we need. This idea of a taxless society is unrealistic. A graduated tax is not a bad idea, if it's actually graduated, not bulging in the middle and nowhere else. The wrong people pay the taxes (the working middle class), and wrong people spend those taxes (billionaires and their politician allies).

Well put - I agree with your views there.

Except I think that an almost tax-less society is possible with interest free money creation, but that would mean an overhaul of our entire usury based system.

http://www.positivemoney.org/2015/05/ban...ng-system/

In such a system - best via social credit and demurrage for increased money turnover - I estimate that the only taxes could be created via taxing common land income (if you exploit natural resources of a country) and tariffs.

But since this is not happening the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. You only reverse the flow individually by becoming rich enough to profit from the usury system owning enough capital that exploits the lower 95%. Of course the biggest chunk of it goes to the 0,001% and not even the 1%.

Tuth, the only tax that makes sense is a net-worth tax. Anything else is easily scammed or avoided.

- Income tax: What about the rich who made their money before the income tax was put into place? How are young people supposed to get started when 30-50% of their income is robbed?
- Capital gains: What about the rich who offshore their capital? What about the rich whose capital is transferred into other assets before cashing out to avoid the "gains"?
- Sales tax: What about the rich who buy overseas, or cross state borders? Or just pay with cash under the table?
- Tariffs: What if other states just stop doing business with you to avoid the tariffs and find other trading partners?

Ultimately, the only thing that could not be exploited is a net-worth tax. Tally up a man or corporation's total assets and liquid cash, then put on a 2-3% per annum rate on it and send it to the government. The poor and middle class would have a huge burden lifted off their shoulders, while the rich would pay out of their noses. The money provided would be more than enough to probably pay for virtually all of the US's expenses.

Of course, since this tax would really fuck the rich up, it will never be implemented.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Meanwhile, unproductive leeches like bankers are making money hand over fist and pay a fraction of what the dude breaking his back for his new business, that he built off the ground and actually contributes to society, does.

I'm not sure who you're referring to when you say "bankers", but banking is a vital part of society.

Quote: (05-23-2015 03:25 PM)Peregrine Wrote:  

Meanwhile, unproductive leeches like bankers are making money hand over fist and pay a fraction of what the dude breaking his back for his new business, that he built off the ground and actually contributes to society, does.

I'm not sure who you're referring to when you say "bankers", but banking is a vital part of society.

[Image: laugh5.gif]

Tuth - that article is the truth!

Sports is a complete waste of time, only a distraction for the masses. The guys paycheque only highlights how greedy the tax system is and how the owners always make more money than they claim. I am sure this was deliberately leaked to highlight how "overpaid" athletes are, funny how you never see a owners bank account leaked out.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (05-23-2015 03:24 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Tuth, the only tax that makes sense is a net-worth tax. Anything else is easily scammed or avoided.

- Income tax: What about the rich who made their money before the income tax was put into place? How are young people supposed to get started when 30-50% of their income is robbed?
- Capital gains: What about the rich who offshore their capital? What about the rich whose capital is transferred into other assets before cashing out to avoid the "gains"?
- Sales tax: What about the rich who buy overseas, or cross state borders? Or just pay with cash under the table?
- Tariffs: What if other states just stop doing business with you to avoid the tariffs and find other trading partners?

Ultimately, the only thing that could not be exploited is a net-worth tax. Tally up a man or corporation's total assets and liquid cash, then put on a 2-3% per annum rate on it and send it to the government. The poor and middle class would have a huge burden lifted off their shoulders, while the rich would pay out of their noses. The money provided would be more than enough to probably pay for virtually all of the US's expenses.

Of course, since this tax would really fuck the rich up, it will never be implemented.

But why? Let's say I start a new business, put in a huge amount of work and make X amount of money. Then I keep working more, I manage to make 2X. Why should I pay twice as much as before (or as things stand even more)? What do I owe society that I should be taxed twice as much? The whole "the rich get richer, the poor get poorer" sentiment is coming from the poor. Let's face it, the poor are poor mostly for a reason - and it's not because the rich don't pay enough taxes. It's because they are stupider, can't invest, don't work smart (notice how I said smart instead of hard, you can work your butt off and barely make ends meet, if you're doing the wrong thing).

It would still be better than the current system though.

Quote: (05-23-2015 03:27 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

I am sure this was deliberately leaked to highlight how "overpaid" athletes are, funny how you never see a owners bank account leaked out.

Exactly. This is classic diversion. "Look how much money these overpaid athletes make." The reason the talking point works is because, 9 times out of 10, these guys are of social classes (or races) that people are willing to believe are "undeserving." It's classic race and class trolling from the ultra-rich billionaries. They've been doing it since long before there was an internet. This is the original "click bait."

These are guys who aren't just genetically gifted, they've devoted tens of thousands of hours on honing athletic skills for a chance at the glory of fame and financial solvency. No one talks about 97 percent who try to make it in that world and fail, staying in the shitty situations they came from, having developed no other skills in this fucked up marketplace. In many cases, there are very few people who are more deserving of moving up social class than athletes who make it through that gauntlet. Even though it might be fun at times, being a pro athlete is massive work, and almost always destroys your body for the rest of your life. They make a lot of money, yes, but they make a shitload of money for everyone else--with the possible exception of fans, who would otherwise be watching Real Housewives or other garbage.

Meanwhile, the owner sits back and makes even more money on TV contracts, packed with ads for poisonous food, pharmaceuticals that nobody needs, and the latest iPhone. Not to mention all the commercials calling all men "domestic abusers" when only a tiny percentage of dudes have ever so much as given a woman dirty look.

They castrate us, drug us, fatten us, and then want to say the guys actually making the magic happen are making too much money.

Quote: (05-23-2015 03:24 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

I'm convinced a tariff is the beginning of a solution. Judging, if for no other reason, by who opposes it. First they imported low-wage, low-skill labor from abroad (agricultural, domestic work). Then, they exported skilled (manufacturing) and white-collar labor (programming). The result is a bunch of thirsty workers fighting over the scraps. Yet we still elect a Bush or Clinton (or Obama) into office, thinking that this Goldman Sachs-funded automaton will be different.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (05-23-2015 03:26 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Quote: (05-23-2015 03:25 PM)Peregrine Wrote:  

[Image: laugh5.gif]

I find it equally laughable that you do not see the necessity of a stable banking system to a free and prosperous society. Although I am worried about current economic policies such as ZIRP/NIRP, banning cash, QE, etc, they do not change the fact that banks add value. Just off the top of my head:

1) Safe place to store your wealth
2) Facilitate easy access to your wealth
3) Provide financing for all sorts of endeavors
4) Manage financial risks (which is the most important)

"Six figures, after taxes, doesn't buy very much in any American city nowadays. I see more and more guys with valuable skills living with 3 or more roommates and taking the bus. Meanwhile, unproductive leeches like bankers are making money hand over fist and pay a fraction of what the dude breaking his back for his new business, that he built off the ground and actually contributes to society, does."

The reason the cost of living is so high is because in every city in America, old people conspire to keep housing in short supply, and get the city to bend to their will. People are woefully ignorant of the fact that the price for housing, like sex and apples, are set by supply and demand - specifically artificial government limits on housing growth, put in place by old people who hate the young and have gone full retard on Fuck You I Got Mine mode.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/freeexcha...inequality

Quote: (05-23-2015 03:43 PM)Peregrine Wrote:  

All those things can be done in a sound usury and fractional reserve free banking as well.

An example of positive banks tats survive on small fees:

Jak Bank - Sweden offers practically interest free real estate credit:

http://www.feasta.org/documents/review2/carrie2.htm

WIR banking system in Swtizerland:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WIR_Bank

In our system given enough time you simply own everything via banks and usury:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bruceupbin/2...verything/
http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/1107...5728v2.pdf
https://realcurrencies.wordpress.com/201...t-own-all/

And this is a mainstream study that confirmed that 40% of world's wealth is controlled by 20 corporations. 80% is controlled by 747 corporate entities. And guess what - we don't even know who owns them all. Banks have a sizable share in almost all of them and some banks even own each other.

In the end it's possible that most of those banks are owned by 20-50 families since we have no idea who owns them exactly - just as the banks comprising the Federal Reserve are private local banks and the ownership structure of those banks are unknown.

In our current system there is no benefit to the world via banks unless you count spread of death, misery and poverty as something helpful.

His tax situation is not actually clear until he files his taxes. For example, he will get credit for taxes paid in other jurisdictions. Law partners (who are K1 not W2 employees) face the same issue: they pay taxes in every jurisdiction that the firm has an office in, but they will get credit. You definitely need an accountant.

Quote: (05-23-2015 03:57 PM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Quote: (05-23-2015 03:43 PM)Peregrine Wrote:  

All those things can be done in a sound usury and fractional reserve free banking as well.

An example of positive banks tats survive on small fees:

Jak Bank - Sweden offers practically interest free real estate credit:

http://www.feasta.org/documents/review2/carrie2.htm

WIR banking system in Swtizerland:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WIR_Bank

Without getting into a debate about usury or fractional reserve (we're off topic already as it is), I never said that our flavor of banking was ideal. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

However, Tuth and Samseau are suggesting that banking in any form is a leech on society, which is wrong.

A bit more on topic, the bankers making millions every year also pay a lot in taxes. It's no different than McCutchen.

Quote: (05-23-2015 04:28 PM)Peregrine Wrote:  

Without getting into a debate about usury or fractional reserve (we're off topic already as it is), I never said that our flavor of banking was ideal. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

However, Tuth and Samseau are suggesting that banking in any form is a leech on society, which is wrong.

A bit more on topic, the bankers making millions every year also pay a lot in taxes. It's no different than McCutchen.
Banking can be done without being parasitical.

However with the Federal Reserve system they are indeed a parasite. They combine with the government to tax us all.

Their policies cause inflation which destroys the buying power of our wages and slowly erodes our standard of living.

It also causes inflation around the world because the US dollar is the reserve currency of the world.