rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hong Kong or Los Angeles?

I have to choose between these two cities for my upcoming internship where I will have to pay for everything other than rent.

I will be living there for 6 months and this will probably be my only long term stay away from home, at least in the near future.

Which city do I choose? LA has the whole California-Hollywood halo effect, while Hong King is a proper world city.
I am mostly concerned with the quality of life I will have and gaming girls... Mostly girls.

After reading every Hong Kong related thread on the forum I'm leaning towards going there, but I'm sure the whole American experience would be valuable as well.

Which city would be a better over all experience ?

EDIT: I've never been to the US and this could be my only chance to do so.

Hong Kong, no question. I've been there 3 times for work.

I'm in HK for two weeks and it's awesome.

The talent is good and the girls are open minded and friendly. The local hk girls take a bit more work than I'm used to but it's worth it.
Online dating works well and you will easily collect a flag here and there, if that's your interest. So far I didn't meet a gold digger here.

The skyline and atmosphere itself are breathtaking and there are almost endless possibilities. HK is great for hiking, swimming and sightseeing. I wouldn't be bored even if the women were unattainable.

Given 10 chances, I'd choose Hong Kong 10 times over LA.

I would love to live here but there are those horror stories over and over again... I met a forum member who claims to work 80 hours a week. There are lots of people who go to work even when they're sick. Employees enjoying less than 3 weeks holidays a year. The list goes on...

Two cities where money is important. Not easy to live there for an internship

HK is still stratified enough that you can do awesome things seriously on the cheap. One other big advantage of HK is that the public transit (MTR Trains and buses) is amazing, no need for a car to get really anywhere in HK easily. (and one would be prohibitively expensive anyways).

Quote: (05-21-2015 01:28 PM)Selembao Wrote:  

I would love to live here but there are those horror stories over and over again... I met a forum member who claims to work 80 hours a week. There are lots of people who go to work even when they're sick. Employees enjoying less than 3 weeks holidays a year. The list goes on...

Less than 3 weeks holiday is bad to you? In much of East Asia you are lucky to get 10 days a year! Just saying. [Image: smile.gif]

PM me for accommodation options in Bangkok.

Unless your internship is in entertainment and you plan on getting a job afterwards you should choose HK.

Where are you from?

Odds of getting a job for the same company and location?

How much free time will you have after work?

Aside from making it an analytical analysis, what does your gut tell you? Do you have a preference?

Based on my personal experiences HK is a more livable city. But not much to visit from a tourist perspective. Not a lot to see after a couple days unless you want to use it as a travel jump people point. It also has a more hustle and bustle sort of feel. Like NYC.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

HK is an amazing city. There are better places for pickup in Asia but you'll have a blast there.

LA is a good place to live in general but as a young bachelor HK wins hands down.

As someone from California, but has never lived in LA, I'd pick HK without a second thought.

I have zero interest to live in LA.

Quote: (05-21-2015 03:18 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

Where are you from?

Odds of getting a job for the same company and location?

How much free time will you have after work?

Aside from making it an analytical analysis, what does your gut tell you? Do you have a preference?

Based on my personal experiences HK is a more livable city. But not much to visit from a tourist perspective. Not a lot to see after a couple days unless you want to use it as a travel jump people point. It also has a more hustle and bustle sort of feel. Like NYC.

I'm North Indian and I've had some wonderful luck with girls travelling through SEA.

Odds of nailing a job with the same company are pretty low, this upcoming excursion will be a one time thing in all likelihood.

Work is Monday to Saturday, 8am - 3pm, so a lot of free time after work.

I'm still in two minds. I've always wanted to go to the States to experience the American way of life and work on my game, yet HK seems so much more appealing. I've been following roosh and the forum for 5 years now and I haven't read anything favourable about American women and the society at all.

^^ Maybe after you graduate you can make a trip to LA for a few weeks.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

As a North Indian, you may have issues in HK due to race prejudice.

With that being said, on an internship with your rent paid for that's your biggest expense in HK!

Every reply yet is in favour of Hong Kong haha.

Quote: (05-21-2015 11:22 PM)FatBoy Wrote:  

I'm still in two minds. I've always wanted to go to the States to experience the American way of life and work on my game, yet HK seems so much more appealing. I've been following roosh and the forum for 5 years now and I haven't read anything favourable about American women and the society at all.

I guess you can experience that American way of life in HK as well, but in a much less degenerated manner.

Quote: (05-21-2015 11:54 PM)CodyB Wrote:  

With that being said, on an internship with your rent paid for that's your biggest expense in HK!

What kind of race prejudice? against Indians?

I'm 6'1 and very white looking. So much so that actual white people can't decide where I'm actually from.

I got my American flag earlier this year and she refused to believe I was Indian.

Go to HK. I should have also said that I'm born and raised in LA but have also been to HK about five times.

America is going to be different from what you see in the movies. America is a great place and will go down as one of the most important nations in human history, don't get me wrong. But in your situation, HK is a clear winner.

Quote: (05-22-2015 12:35 AM)rungoodinc Wrote:  

Go to HK. I should have also said that I'm born and raised in LA but have also been to HK about five times.

America is going to be different from what you see in the movies. America is a great place and will go down as one of the most important nations in human history, don't get me wrong. But in your situation, HK is a clear winner.

I should've mentioned, I will be living in Carlsbad San Diego for most of the time, it is a quiet beach town 90 miles away from LA.

Dude, even more reason to go to HK. Carlsbad is where old rich people go when they want to retire.

HK is better for the Asian experience.

In my opinion, though, HK is over rated. VERY humid in the summer, and the women are no where near as attractive as the Koreans.

No question if you're in CBad. You're 30 minutes from any decent young nightlife, and there's nothing going on there unless you love Legoland.

HK definitely won't be any good unless you're on a baller salary or full ride. You'll probably be living in a tiny closet shitbox, far away from any nightlife and other things, and struggling to budget and save money.

Most people think the average talent in HK is not so impressive also, but I guess you still have expats from around the world. Namely, Filipinas/Southeast women and white girls.

Quote: (05-22-2015 12:33 AM)FatBoy Wrote:  

I'm 6'1 and very white looking. So much so that actual white people can't decide where I'm actually from.

I got my American flag earlier this year and she refused to believe I was Indian.

That's 90% of the battle so you should be cool.

The prejudice against Indian people in HK stem from the fact most of them are there illegally and work in black market industries.

If you look white, well articulated etc. this won't be an issue for you.

There is a long history of prejudice against South Asians in HK, the poor, backward & conservative. South Asians in HK are diverse, from refugees to millionaires. South Asians who lived in western countries do better in HK. Straight from South Asia, people may not be interested.

If you tell people you live in Tsim Sha Tsui, they may easily mistaken you live or work in Chungking Mansion, a large building full of cheap guesthouses favored by international tourists and Indian restaurants. Or the touts selling fake watches, drugs or a good tailor.

As a North Indian, you probably can be easily mistaken for a middle east or white guy everywhere in the world. Anyway they can tell later.

OP, I’m an British-Indian (also North Indian) guy and I live in Los Angeles and I’ve been to Hong Kong. Most of the Chinese women in Hong Kong are Cantonese, and they’re not considered good looking by Chinese people. The best looking woman I saw there was a Latina in Lan Kwai Fong. I was only there for a few days so my info might not be the best, there’s other RVF guys who are a lot more knowledgeable than me.

That's more than what most people get in the US - I only get 2 weeks of paid vacation a year!

I believe you, I have a 6’2” very pale skinned Indian-American relative with game and nobody believes he’s Indian. If you can make it work, you should be good in HK. I’ve banged a couple of women from HK in Los Angeles, and they barely acknowledged my Indian background, they more interested in the fact that I was from UK. I’m pretty brown skinned.

I think you would laid even more if you can spend time in Shenzhen…I was stared at all the time there, whilst in Hong Kong nobody gave a shit. They thought I was a local HK-Indian and tried to speak to me in Cantonese.

The better looking HK girls are harder.

Yes, there are Indian people everywhere on the streets of Hong Kong, with at least half of them born and raised in HK, with both light and brown skin types.
Quote: (05-22-2015 12:35 PM)WalterBlack Wrote:  

OP, I’m an British-Indian (also North Indian) guy and I live in Los Angeles and I’ve been to Hong Kong. Most of the Chinese women in Hong Kong are Cantonese, and they’re not considered good looking by Chinese people. The best looking woman I saw there was a Latina in Lan Kwai Fong. I was only there for a few days so my info might not be the best, there’s other RVF guys who are a lot more knowledgeable than me.

That's more than what most people get in the US - I only get 2 weeks of paid vacation a year!

I believe you, I have a 6’2” very pale skinned Indian-American relative with game and nobody believes he’s Indian. If you can make it work, you should be good in HK. I’ve banged a couple of women from HK in Los Angeles, and they barely acknowledged my Indian background, they more interested in the fact that I was from UK. I’m pretty brown skinned.

I think you would laid even more if you can spend time in Shenzhen…I was stared at all the time there, whilst in Hong Kong nobody gave a shit. They thought I was a local HK-Indian and tried to speak to me in Cantonese.