rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Man fired after drive-by "fuck her right in the pussy"

So if you're not in/from Toronto, (1) congratulations, but (2) you may not have heard the story making the rounds today. Another "fuck her right in the pussy" incident occurred during a report filmed at a soccer game, but this time the reporter fought back!!! And as a direct outcome of it, a man has lost his $100,000+ job.

In case you're not familiar with the "FHRITP" meme, here's a compilation of the guy who started it all:

It supposedly started as an internet hoax but now people are doing it all over the world.

So here's the video of the incident and aftermath (watch in its entirety):

I can understand the reporter's rage: just doing her job and probably gets this all the time she's in the field, and sure, young impressionable ears will hear it if they're within earshot or watching at home when it's a live feed. And it really is disrespectful, it's not something I would do.

So the man who so brazenly said it has been punished by losing his job, fair eno-...

Wait, what?

The guy wearing the black shirt who actually says the phrase and disappears, never to be seen again, didn't get fired?

Nope. The guy in the scarf, towards the end of the video, who doesn't even say the phrase in question is the one who's been fired.

What a twist!

From Huffington Post, just read below instead of clicking the link; note that I've removed or replaced his last name with his first name out of basic decency for the man, but of course his name is in the article's URL.

Quote:Quote:

Shawn didn't even have to say the words.

The soccer fan who used vulgar language with CityNews reporter Shauna Hunt in a "FHRITP" video has been fired from his high-paying job at crown corporation Hydro One, Toronto Sun reporter Jenny Yuen tweeted Tuesday.

Shawn is listed on the Public Sector Salary Disclosure as having drawn a salary of $106,510.60 and $709.10 in taxable benefits in 2014.

"Respect for all people is engrained in the Code of Conduct and in our Core Values and we are committed to a work environment where discrimination or harassment of any type is met with zero tolerance," Hydro One corporate affairs director Daffyd Roderick told The Toronto Star.

The CityNews reporter was filming a segment at a Toronto FC game when Shawn and some other men gathered around her. One shouted "F*** her right in the p****" into Hunt's microphone, and she confronted them on-camera about it. The prank has become an all-too-common problem for female reporters.

Shawn defended the use of the vulgar phrase, calling it "hilarious."

He can be seen laughing as Hunt tells another man that the words are "disrespectful."

"I don't care, it's f***ing hilarious," Shawn said.

Hunt then went to him and asked why it's so funny.

"It is f***ing hilarious, we're not the only people, it happened in England," Shawn responded.

Hunt then pointed out that the trend has been around for a year.

Shawn then interrupted and said, "You're lucky there's not a f***ing vibrator near here, because in England, it happened all the time, it's f***ing amazing and I respect it all the time."

Finally, Hunt asked what his mom would think. To that Shawn said, "Oh my mom would die laughing eventually."

570 News reported that Shawn was a member of Laurier University's Men's Soccer Team from 2003 to 2005.

Someone with the same name is listed in a news release as an alumnus of the Laurier University Golden Hawks who took part in open tryouts for Toronto FC in 2006.

Shawn is also listed as a midfielder with AC Hydro One of the Ontario Hydro Soccer League.

Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, which owns Toronto FC, said earlier Tuesday that it would ban fans who uttered the phrase in the CityNews video.

It also said it would provide more security for female reporters doing live hits at any of the organization's games.

Note all the extra lines the HP "journalist" (blogger) throws in there about what a google search for the guy's name turned up, his past and present affiliations. Real classy and necessary.

So here's a great lesson in media sneakiness: all the news organizations have to be very careful in how they present their articles because he didn't actually say the phrase. Note how I played along with their scheme in both my topic title and in the first line of my post. He didn't say it, but if you don't actually read the article/watch the video you'll think that he did, and that his being fired was appropriate and well-deserved.

Here's a sampling of news article headlines, again editing out his last name where necessary:

"[Shawn] Fired From Hydro One Job After Taunting Reporter In 'FHRITP' Video"

"Hydro One firing employee involved in vulgar incident at Toronto FC game"

"Hydro One firing TFC fan after vulgar comment"

"Toronto FC fan fired by Hydro One over vulgar ‘FHRITP’ incident involving CityNews reporter Shauna Hunt"

CBC, of course, doesn't know their shit in their article headline:

"Hydro One employee fired after yelling FHRITP at CityNews reporter Shauna Hunt"

To be clear: I'm not defending the "FHRITP" meme - apparently if I did, I could be fired? - but I felt I had to post this as the latest frustrating round of social media lynch mobbing, where people's rage is automatically cranked to 10 and it's executions all around regardless of level of offense. The broad consensus is "he deserves it", "good luck finding a job", "this is sexual harassment and unacceptable", even being addressed by Ontario's premier in a tweet. Everyone being whipped into a frenzy and frothing at the mouth when they're missing the key fact here:

He did not say the phrase. He wasn't harassing the reporter. She asked him questions and he answered them honestly. And now he's been, or is in the process of being, fired.

Think about this next time you wonder about why we're anonymous here, about the footprint of your name around the internet, about the value of being self-employed, and about how the most innocuous statements can be blown up and cost you everything.

Yeah, this has been trending on my Facebook. The fact that people are 'cheering' his being fired is scary. Yes it was a bit stupid of him to swear, but it's not like he did anything 'terrible'. This is incredible overreaction and the fact that this could get him blacklisted for the time being is insane. It could have happened to anyone.

Great write up in pointing out the guy who got fired didn't actually say it. That is amazing.

Must be a humor barrier...I don't get it. I suppose if a lot of people find it funny, I'm not sure why he'd be fired.

That said, I work for a very tiny company, just a few of us, two guys as owners, very very laid back. If they saw me commenting like that on tv, I don't think I'd be fired, but I'd get a good talking to. They'd probably laugh but be really mad at me for being stupid.

Again, it's tough for me to relate to bc I don't see the humor.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Just goes to show you can't say anything remotely insulting to someone in public anymore for fear of it hitting the internet and ruining your life. Welcome to the new age...

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Who's more to blame, the drunk or the idiot with the live news feed asking the drunk questions?

Just more reason to run your own business and become immune to public shame and opinion.

Quote: (05-12-2015 09:30 PM)ryanf Wrote:  

Just more reason to run your own business and become immune to public shame and opinion.

Well even then depending on what sort of business you are in or the type of customer you rely on, they can still hurt you by going/purchasing elsewhere.

I agree it is better than working for someone else.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Yeah, the reality is that a lot of us literally can't work for ourselves based on our fields, and even if we could, there's still potential backlash from the people who procure your services. I know any of us who work for a known, named company with an HR department would have received the same treatment this guy did - immediate separation to protect the company name.

Outside of a Roosh-like revenue stream, true independence is pretty rare.

Quote: (05-12-2015 09:18 PM)Wadsworth Wrote:  

Who's more to blame, the drunk or the idiot with the live news feed asking the drunk questions?

To be fair, I don't think it was a live news feed. You can see video is edited out at the 32 second mark but the clock at the bottom right remains constant; it's whatever they decided to air to make a statement on this situation.

Also a good point that he was drunk; it was recorded after the game was finished, so take pre-drinking + drinking during the nearly 2 hours in the stadium... yeah.

In re-reading the HuffPost article I totally missed this sleight-of-hand:

Quote:Quote:

The CityNews reporter was filming a segment at a Toronto FC game when Shawn and some other men gathered around her. One shouted "F*** her right in the p****" into Hunt's microphone, and she confronted them on-camera about it.

The implication being, the person who shouted it came from the group of guys, so it was fair for her to question them. Guilt by association when there isn't even an association, what do we call that?

It's just some random guy who did it and they laughed.

Dude, this is just wrong. I feel so sorry for this guy. The Last Psychiatrist said if you see an attractive woman with a camera crew, run like she has the plague because nothing good can come from it.

This poor guy was relaxing, she confronted him about why something was funny and now he suffers for having a sense of humor. I hope this news lady gets the Adria Richards treatment, that incident was the sweetest poetic justice ever.....Ahhh the memories of her comeuppance, so sweet.

Delicious Tacos is the voice of my generation....

Bitch is fat and masculine. WNFHRITP.

Take care of those titties for me.

^ Motion to replace WNB with WNFHRITP

Per Ardua Ad Astra | "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum"

Cobra and I did some awesome podcasts with awesome fellow members.

Him losing his job is obviously a little excessive...

But he's an idiot.

What kind of grown man does something like that in the first place?

It's pathetic and I struggle to have a load of sympathy for him to be honest.

Funny how these people dig up all sorts on people who the light shines on at the moment. "He got 100k salary and 700 in benefits"...what the fuck? Could you invade someone's privacy even more?

It is irrelevant no matter how stupid the article may be.

Crashbangwallop,

He didn't do it. That was the point of the OP.

Quote: (05-12-2015 09:30 PM)ryanf Wrote:  

What, like a wedding cake bakery?

It's no secret, honest people in Femenazi based dictatorships get fucked over, even when they are not at fault, and even when they aren't pussies. See, this is a prime example of censorship towards freedom of speech, he didn't repeat the phrase, but voiced his opinion on the matter.

God bless him, pretty soon you may land yourself a prison sentence, and have your assets seized just for being at the wrong place on the wrong day, talking to a sleezy reporter taking words from a drunkard.

Can't a man get drunk anymore?

Wait a second, did just quoting an internet meme become abhorrent in the eyes of society?

Out of the woodwork, into the night, onto the moonlit veranda.

If he worked for protein world, they would have promoted him!

That comment about being lucky there's not a vibrator was pretty off colour though, and they were all stupid not to just avoid the camera.

He will get his job back. The Unions in Ontario don't play games and if the company fired him when he did not commit the act (even if he "embarrasses" the company it was off company time. The only reason people found out about him and his job is because his name leaked out and he was on the compensation list for public employees). This is a easy case for the unions, and I have seen Ontario Unions bring back workers off way worse stuff, on company time (one guy breached our conduct and security so bad the company got fined $20,000, yet the union was still able to get his job back haha).

This dude will be back to work in 3-4 months.

Quote: (05-13-2015 02:43 AM)KorbenDallas Wrote:  

Crashbangwallop,

He didn't do it. That was the point of the OP.

Oops.

[Image: blush.gif]

Quote: (05-13-2015 06:08 AM)kosko Wrote:  

He will get his job back. The Unions in Ontario don't play games and if the company fired him when he did not commit the act (even if he "embarrasses" the company it was off company time. The only reason people found out about him and his job is because his name leaked out and he was on the compensation list for public employees). This is a easy case for the unions, and I have seen Ontario Unions bring back workers off way worse stuff, on company time (one guy breached our conduct and security so bad the company got fined $20,000, yet the union was still able to get his job back haha).

This dude will be back to work in 3-4 months.

Do we know that he's union? You can work in management at Hydro One.

Ps, for non-Ontarians' Hydro One, his employer is a pseudo public entity...so he works for the government for all intensive purposes.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

BTW, in the first video, when the guy would grab the mic from the reporter and say it...isn't there some sort of law not allowing that?

Like, somebody can't just come up and grab my phone from me in Canada, can they?

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Quote: (05-13-2015 07:57 AM)heavy Wrote:  

BTW, in the first video, when the guy would grab the mic from the reporter and say it...isn't there some sort of law not allowing that?

Like, somebody can't just come up and grab my phone from me in Canada, can they?

Probably, yeah. It was all a hoax though so, not real... http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/fuck-her-r...ssy-fhritp

Quote: (05-13-2015 07:57 AM)heavy Wrote:  

The initial meme with the guy in the hood is a hoax. All staged.

Also, as far as the OP and story at hand is concerned: shame that the guy lost his job, and shame he was seemingly drunk with little judgement and a mic put in front of this face, but he should have had more class and better foresight. When the reporter starts to throw a tantrum and approaches the group to accost them about what just happened on her feed, they should have all just ignored/walked away.

Last year a Hydro One Employee stated the following:

She was not fired.

Quote: (05-13-2015 02:40 AM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  

Funny how these people dig up all sorts on people who the light shines on at the moment. "He got 100k salary and 700 in benefits"...what the fuck? Could you invade someone's privacy even more?

It is irrelevant no matter how stupid the article may be.

Ontario has a "Sunshine List" of public sector employees, and the names of those making $100k a year or more are publicized in that list. Many other provinces, including mine, have a similar list (although not all of what I believe to be the public sector is always included).

I actually think this is a good thing, because it shows the voters how much we are getting bilked by the welfare state.

It can be misused, however, and this is an example. The lazy reporters, who only had to look the guy up on the internet to get his salary, are actually bragging about how he lost a good paying job for the "crime" of being politically incorrect. They couldn't be more jubilant it seems.