rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

YMG does Thailand Part II

I did Phuket last time, strictly for muay thai, and now I am going to Bangkok for a combination of business launch and muay thai.

Latina flags in BKK? I wouldn't count on it.

Look forward to reading your adventures though.

You should collect asian flags in Thailand

Bangkok tomorrow.

I'm very excited. Something about this seems like fate or destiny, that I end up back in Thailand for muay thai and the creation and launch of my business/product.

Plenty of european backpacker girls around not getting enough attention because the men are all chasing the local beauties.

I'm thinking of going to Cambodia and/or Vietnam after two months in Thailand.

If I go to Cambodia, I would train here:

http://www.paddysgym.com/classes/

When I go through these cities I'm going to try to start developing techniques and strategies for infiltrating elite social and business circles of every city I go to. This is a new derivative product that I've been toying with.

What do you guys think.....should I do Vietnam or Cambodia or both? In general I like to go to a spot and really settle and get to know the place, in addition to securely creating a business and social network for myself. I think a month is generally the minimum amount of time needed for this.

[/quote]
What do you guys think.....should I do Vietnam or Cambodia or both? In general I like to go to a spot and really settle and get to know the place, in addition to securely creating a business and social network for myself. I think a month is generally the minimum amount of time needed for this.
[/quote]

I gather Vietnam is having the highest economic growth rate in the world together with China and Brazil, so from a business persspective it makes sense. Though I would be really interested in going to Cambodia too, haven't read so much about it.

Cambodia is awesome but not if your only interest is women.

I'm in Thonglor Bangkok now. Not as cool and snazzy as I thought it was going to be, this area is overhyped.

You've only been there 4hrs and you're complaining already, American by any chance? Will you be moaning that not enough people speak English next?

Get off the internet and enjoy BKK eh.

Thonglor feels like Japan-town. I had a rough weekend in Shanghai so I'm going to catch up on sleep.

Tmrw - first muay thai session and going out and about. This is very exciting and I'm very happy to be here.

Go eat some Pad Gra Pao Moo, you'll love it

There is a club called Bossy somewhere near Patong, you can find European tourist girls, Thai & Russian(?) pro's overthere.

- Bossy Club Bangkok (After Hour)
My Last Visit: January 2011
Prices: 300 baht entrance with one drink
Bottle of Absolute Vodka with coke about 1500 baht

Most tourists end up in this club because they don't know where to go and because the taxi driver suggested it. That makes it interesting, you know what i mean.. [Image: smile.gif]

Hop on a mini bus to Hua Hin, its a fun town nearby Bangkok with some beaches where you can have dinner, and maybe hit on some backpacking chicks or simply hook up with some Thai girls. http://huahin-online.com/hua-hin/hua-hin...inibus.htm

I find Hua Hin to be less sleazy than other places in tourist-Thailand.

Good accomodation starts at 500 THB a night with airconditioning, wi-if, hot and cold water.

Yo YMG what gym are you currently training in?

hey, thanks Tommy! I'll remember that.

Filmor, I'm going to be training here:

http://www.bangkokfightclub.com

The receptionist is really cute at my hotel.

Quote: (05-29-2011 06:08 PM)youngmobileglobal Wrote:  

I'm going to go to Thailand in a few months, but my thing is boxing, so i'm going to go to a gym that emphasizes more in hands maybe So. Vorapin Boxing Gym? I heard good things of BK Fight Club though.

Quote: (05-29-2011 11:06 PM)FilMor Wrote:  

I'm going to go to Thailand in a few months, but my thing is boxing, so i'm going to go to a gym that emphasizes more in hands maybe So. Vorapin Boxing Gym? I heard good things of BK Fight Club though.

I haven't gone to BKK fight club yet because I came in last night, but it doesn't focus exclusively on muay thai. There are other classes available, western boxing among other ones such as yoga/BJJ etc. I think they might even have krav maga.

The place I might go to next, Patong Boxing gym in Phuket, apparently is only one-on-one instruction. They haven't gotten back to my email and it's been two weeks, though, so I dunno if I'm going there.

Quote: (05-29-2011 11:09 PM)youngmobileglobal Wrote:  

Quote: (05-29-2011 11:06 PM)FilMor Wrote:  

I haven't gone to BKK fight club yet because I came in last night, but it doesn't focus exclusively on muay thai. There are other classes available, western boxing among other ones such as yoga/BJJ etc. I think they might even have krav maga.

The place I might go to next, Patong Boxing gym in Phuket, apparently is only one-on-one instruction. They haven't gotten back to my email and it's been two weeks, though, so I dunno if I'm going there.

I heard that the trainers in Patong boxing aren't too dedicated though, they get lots of sex tourists and people that show up to train hanged over and the trainers sometimes go out with them and slack off in the training sessions, well that's what some people say in Muaythailand.

But that deal sounds good is what 20,000 baht for training and accommodation in a resort style bungalow that judging by the pics looks pretty good, maybe they can give a discount for training once a day instead of twice, i don't think training twice a day is a smart thing to do unless you are preparing for a fight, it's better to jog in the morning and do a 4 hour session in the afternoon, i'll email them maybe they can do 14k baht for one training session a month, i'll probably go there to get myself in shape and then head out to bangkok later in my journey.

When are you coming through? I might go to Phuket next....my goal is less about fight preparation and more just conditioning and getting into shape.

I might do July for Phuket. Let me know if where/when you're coming thru

Quote: (05-29-2011 11:32 PM)youngmobileglobal Wrote:  

When are you coming through? I might go to Phuket next....my goal is less about fight preparation and more just conditioning and getting into shape.

I might do July for Phuket. Let me know if where/when you're coming thru

I'll be touching down in Bangkok in late July but I'm going to stay in Bangkok for a week to catch up with some old friends, and then head out down south to train around August, Let me know how you like Patong Boxing.

I should be landing in BKK by early July and doing a muay thai boot camp in Phuket is very high on my list...
Btw, tell me/us how is the training place you're going to train at in BKK.

How much money do you plan on spending for this trip ?

Quote: (05-30-2011 06:10 AM)NeVerGymLess Wrote:  

How much money do you plan on spending for this trip ?

Not more than 2,000 a month, including airfare, partying, housing, muay thai, food....and anything else.

Probably not more than 1200 a month even.

--