rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

18 year olds in Western Europe
8 year olds in Western Europe
So a friend and I are planning on heading to Europe for a good portion of this summer, June - August, and I'm wondering if the guys at RVF have any advice.

We are planning on getting Eurail passes visiting The Netherlands, Belgium, London, France, Switzerland, Spain and Italy, visiting some friends along the way. We're from the U.S., New York, and have some experience traveling overseas, our budget is somewhat flexible but don't know a lot of about the Europe game

I am wondering what tips you guys have regarding those countries, girls, stuff to check out and really anything for guys who are 18; things that maybe you guys have done or wanted to do. Thanks.
Quote: (04-26-2015 07:58 PM)jmoney13 Wrote:  

So a friend and I are planning on heading to Europe for a good portion of this summer, June - August, and I'm wondering if the guys at RVF have any advice.

We are planning on getting Eurail passes visiting The Netherlands, Belgium, London, France, Switzerland, Spain and Italy, visiting some friends along the way. We're from the U.S., New York, and have some experience traveling overseas, our budget is somewhat flexible but don't know a lot of about the Europe game

I am wondering what tips you guys have regarding those countries, girls, stuff to check out and really anything for guys who are 18; things that maybe you guys have done or wanted to do. Thanks.

I did a similar trip with a buddy of mine when we were 18 and had a blast, here's a few tips:

-Be flexible with your schedule, have a loose plan but don't be too tight with it, you may really like a city and want to spend a couple of extra days in it or you could not like a city and want to leave it right away. We had a general idea of where we were going, from Barcelona to Hamburg, but would arrive at the station in the early am and hop on the first train that was going north, ended up visiting a couple of decent cities that we hadn't planned on hitting up, Montpellier and Lyon, both in France.

-You're 18 so you're fully legal to drink, booze is more expensive in Europe so pre-drink before going out to save a few bucks. I found that Euros don't get quite as rowdy and shit faced as people in North America do (outside of the UK), there's not so much of an aggressive bro culture there, so keep it cool and try not to be too loud and brash. Also, as 18 year olds you'll probably be partying hard, try to pace yourself and budget your money, if you go too hard in the first few weeks, you may burn your self out.

-Hit up lots of museums and art galleries, there are some fucking amazing ones over there and they're relatively cheap, its a great way to spend a few hours early in the day.

-Every country that you listed is very different from the others, so you will likely have better luck with the ladies in certain ones and not do so well in other, the same goes for different cities in the same country, hence why I recommend that you go with a flexible schedule.

-Plan to have full days to yourself where you don't see your friend, even if you are the best of buds, trust me, you'll eventually get on each others' nerves and just need to have a day to yourself to chill out and relax.

-Plan to spend some time in nature or at the Mediterranean for a couple of days, get out of the city and get some fresh air, Europe has some wicked spots in the Pyrenees, Alps and the Costa del Sol in Spain and the Cote d'Azur in France for example.
Anything else guys,? I'm surprised with all the experience here no one got some ideas.
Quote: (05-07-2015 06:37 PM)jmoney13 Wrote:  

Anything else guys,? I'm surprised with all the experience here no one got some ideas.

Not many guys here are in their teens, nor do they generally follow the beaten path of Western Europe. It might be a fun holiday with your mates, but it certainly isn't something you'll find highly recommended on a forum for gaming women.
Interrailing around Europe for 6 weeks is a pretty common thing for first/second year college students from the UK&Ireland to do in summertime - you're a grand age to do it. It's also great fun. To add to Scotian's very good points:

- Make sure you stay in hostels if you're not staying with friends, do not even consider hotels. This isnt even a money issue, its because hostels in Europe in summer are full of young people who're also just there to drink/get laid/do a bit of touristing. They're an amazing social environment.
- Don't try to fit in too many places in too short a time. This is a common mistake a lot of people make. A train trip between cities might be only 3 hours, but when you add in the early morning wake-up to check out, getting to/from the train station in each city, checking in again etc you'll end up losing almost an entire day each time you change cities. 2 nights should be the absolute minimum you spend anywhere, ideally 3/4.
- You may want to reconsider your list of countries somewhat. Western Europe is the more expensive, less fun, side of the continent, generally speaking. Switzerland in particular isn't known for attracting a lot of students interrailing, or cheap beer. A lot of big cities in Europe also completely empty out of locals in August as people flee the heat - Paris, Madrid etc. More common interrailing routes are in a large anti-clockwise semicircle around Eastern Europe. So something like Croatia (either beach or city) > Budapest > Poland (a few choices here) > Berlin > Amsterdam. Cheaper and a lot more fun cities.

In terms of any cities themselves, you'd be best off just doing a search for any cities you're thinking of on this forum and seeing the datasheet for it. Your question is a bit too broad - "where's good in Europe and whats good to do there" - that's probably why you aren't getting too much back in terms of responses.
I thought this thread was gonna be about banging 18 year old girls in Western Europe
Quote: (05-08-2015 07:17 AM)solo Wrote:  

I thought this thread was gonna be about banging 18 year old girls in Western Europe

I think we all did. Great clickbait.
Quote: (05-08-2015 07:17 AM)solo Wrote:  

It can be. Sorry for the mixup I just figured that be more geared toward to the game threads but I see now how thats not quite right.
At 18 my recommendation would be Lisbon, Madrid, Barcelona, Berlin, Prague, Amsterdam If you want to visit capitals...these cities have good nightlife and young tourists visiting not only from America but from Europe as well and Brazil. If you can factor flights in your budget Rome is good for gaming tourists.

If you want to do party spots stay on the coast and mediterranea...i would recooment Lisbon, Barcelona, Rome, Split, Hvar, Budva, Ios

Absolutely go to Ios at 18 before you get too old
Les Landes (go camping there), Biarritz, Argeles-Sur-Mer, Cherssonisos, Mallorca are some ideas.
For the June-August period I would just go to some Mediterranean Islands, get a menial job as a "promoter" for a bar/night club (pretty much just handing out fliers and sweet talking people to come to your bar/club). People that age just go there to fuck and party anyhow.

We're talking Zante, Ios, Kos, Aiya Napa, Rhodes, Magaluf etc etc

Of course going to these places Är all just about the partying and pulling. You'll miss out on all the European cultural sights though and don't expect particularly high class girls (they might still be hot though).
If you've read much at all on the Forum, the obvious recommendation will be to not overlook Eastern Europe/the Balkans, which are forum favorites. Read through the data sheets... Also, novice travelers always plan too many destinations, and not enough time in each place. Don't spend your whole trip on the train. Keep in mind, you're more likely to get laid the longer your in a given location as you'll have time for day 2s. Lastly, chat up every girl in sight. Wonderful opportunity to work on your game.
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-31829-...#pid623451

Think about whether a Eurail pass is actually best for you guys or not. All you can eat train travel for a short amount of time encourages you to switch cities too quick.

You can often do just as well by buying individual tickets and maybe a one-way flight or two. Flights on budget airlines are usually cheaper bought several months in advance. So try and get that taken care of right now.

You will learn a lot by taking in a wide range of cities and trying new things. Travel widely. It would be a waste of a trip to stay in one city and do nothing but game girls, as some forum members want to recommend.
Quote: (05-08-2015 02:39 AM)Adrenaline Wrote:  

Not many guys here are in their teens, nor do they generally follow the beaten path of Western Europe. It might be a fun holiday with your mates, but it certainly isn't something you'll find highly recommended on a forum for gaming women.

Also, no offense jmoney13, you have 4 posts here, how can you be so demanding?

A more subtle, respectful way might have been "Just bumping this thread in case someone didn't see it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance."

Edit: I didn't report the kid, honest.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2
7 day ban for entitled attitude

Quote: (05-12-2015 02:46 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

We're talking Zante, Ios, Kos, Aiya Napa, Rhodes, Magaluf etc etc

[...] and don't expect particularly high class girls (they might still be hot though).

Where would you go to for those?
So - "Eurotrip," is it?

This "Amsterdam scene" isn't shot in Amsterdam - god verdomme!

(If you go, thou shalt know.)

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT
Don't travel too quickly, and have fun.

And drop a data sheet when you return to help those that come after you.
JWLZG, probably Rhodes which generally has more Scandinavians and less Brits travelling. Not that the former can't be asses but the latter tend to get very drunk and itching for fights when in the Med.
I did such a trip a few years ago too. I went with a friend and travelled around by train for a few weeks. We mostly visited eastern european cities and locations.

I would also suggest you to visit more of the eastern european cities. If you want to party and do not want to spend too much money at the same time, you should visit places like Prague or Budapest.

You can get there in a hostel and meet a lot of travelers with the same age as you guys.
Personally would avoid the greek/spanish party islands.. These are hotspots for douchebag english lads looking for fights and getting stupidly drunk. Also the girls you'll get here are all gonna be 4/5/6's from England that probably fuck 3 guys a night. STD ridden place basically.
I'd recommend going to Spain, France, Italy, Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin and Croatia say route, you'd have a better time with more things to do, more culture and history and best of all, more hot flags to collect! Croatia being as you get loads of different hot Europeans going there to party! overall costs are very cheap there too.

I dont know what your budgets are but i think Switzerland is expensive and i dont know much about how good is it to get laid there and such, but ofc the scenery is breathtaking there. Also in regards to London, Its really expensive here, the nightlife can be hit and miss. I think American guys would do well in London though in terms of women.

How long are you gonna be in Europe for OP?
would be cool to meetup with someone similar to my age from here possibly
Quote: (06-20-2015 02:29 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

JWLZG, probably Rhodes which generally has more Scandinavians and less Brits travelling. Not that the former can't be asses but the latter tend to get very drunk and itching for fights when in the Med.

Didn't expect class and nationality to run along similar lines. [Image: icon_surprised.gif] Guess I was asking too much to find out where the upper-class British and French girls went. [Image: tongue.gif]

Quote: (06-21-2015 05:57 AM)Ruivinho Wrote:  

Ruivinho whereabouts will you be? I'm expecting to be travelling the continent too.
This thread is not going in the direction I had hoped after reading the title.......

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin
Quote: (06-21-2015 06:47 AM)JWLZG Wrote:  

Quote: (06-20-2015 02:29 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

Didn't expect class and nationality to run along similar lines. [Image: icon_surprised.gif] Guess I was asking too much to find out where the upper-class British and French girls went. [Image: tongue.gif]

Quote: (06-21-2015 05:57 AM)Ruivinho Wrote:  

Ruivinho whereabouts will you be? I'm expecting to be travelling the continent too.

Im in Beirut, Lebanon at the moment. I get back to London around the 12th July. Should be around all the time after that
Where you do you find 18 year olds in Western Europe? The same place you find 21 year olds.

Europe lacks the infantile restrictions on alcohol consumption that American possesses.