rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

California Sheriff Deputies Unleash on a Fleeing Suspect Who Appears to Submit

Source here

Emphasis in bold mine:
Quote:Quote:

The San Bernardino County Sheriff ordered an internal investigation Thursday into an arrest caught on NBC Los Angeles' NewsChopper4 video that showed deputies beating a suspect when they caught up to him following a wild desert chase on horseback.
Aerial footage showed the man falling off the horse he was suspected of stealing during the pursuit in San Bernardino County Thursday afternoon.

He then appeared to be stunned with a Taser by a sheriff's deputy and fall to the ground with his arms outstretched. Two deputies immediately descended on him and appeared to punch him in the head and knee him in the groin, according to the footage, reviewed several times by NBC4.

The group surrounding the man grew to 11 sheriff's deputies.

In the two minutes after the man was stunned with a Taser, it appeared deputies kicked him 17 times, punched him 37 times and struck him with batons four times. Thirteen blows appeared to be to the head. The horse stood idly nearby.

The man did not appear to move from his position lying on the ground for more than 45 minutes. He did not appear to receive medical attention while deputies stood around him during that time.

Another instance of law enforcement officer brutality. Before those people say it, yes of course if he wouldn't have been running from the officers it's possible he would've been treated better.

However, no evidence of him having a weapon and clear video by a news chopper depicting him laying down arms and legs splayed and then placing his hands behind his back before the officers descended on him.

Here's what I think. Shitty police officers instead of enduring the chase of a suspect as part of their duties get more and more angry, getting into a frothing, livid state where they are ready to meter out their own "justice" on the person they're chasing as revenge for making them run after them. It's sickening.

If the news chopper hadn't got this video, what would've happened?

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

"Everybody knows if the police have to come get you, they are bringing an ass kicking with them." -Chris Rock

I have a real problem with the police shooting unarmed guys for simply running however, I have absolutely no problem with them dropping a beating on runners.

"The point is, marriage is stupid. Every year there are a million hot, new 22-year olds going into bars, and call me glass-half-full, but I think they're getting dumber." -Barney Stinson

Quote: (04-10-2015 08:06 PM)Medic42 Wrote:  

"Everybody knows if the police have to come get you, they are bringing an ass kicking with them." -Chris Rock

I have a real problem with the police shooting unarmed guys for simply running however, I have absolutely no problem with them dropping a beating on runners.

Well, we can disregard the law then about beating cooperative suspects, since you don't have a problem with it.

It's fine now.

Plus, if you're realy a medic like your handle suggests, you can get some more business patching the losers up, if they're still alive after the beating.

This is small minded thinking. If you give police officers authority to beat suspects who annoy them, they'll also beat confessions out of people.

They'll beat confessions out of innocent people.

They'll beat confessions out of the victims of false rape accusations.

I'm the King of Beijing!

You guys are kidding me right? The US is the most hardened police state in the world. Our prosecutors are insane, there are swat vehicles being used against peaceful protesters, we routinely try and convict children as young as 9 years old for "sexual assault" and our police forces pay their salaries by stealing assets from unconvicted people.

And, none of this is going to get better...there is too much profit to be made.

Like I always say: "The 90% of shithead cops give the 10% that are decent a bad name."

And I have several current and retired LEO's that are family. They don't argue with me when I say the above statement to them.

I'm far from a fan of the Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton/race pimp gang, but if the time to choose a side ever comes, I might find myself choosing a side I never thought I would.

“….and we will win, and you will win, and we will keep on winning, and eventually you will say… we can’t take all of this winning, …please Mr. Trump …and I will say, NO, we will win, and we will keep on winning”.

- President Donald J. Trump

I first saw the headline "10 Calif. deputies put on leave after suspect's beating." I thought, wow, that was quick, I never even heard about the original incident - then I thought, I bet it was on video, that would explain it. Of course, it was.

In addition to being cruel, these officers are incredibly stupid. Beat the shit out of a nonthreatening dude while a fucking news helicopter is flying overhead and filming? You don't even have the excuse of "I didn't know Joe Bystander was filming with his iPhone."

Quote: (04-10-2015 08:16 PM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

Well, we can disregard the law then about beating cooperative suspects, since you don't have a problem with it.

It's fine now.

Plus, if you're realy a medic like your handle suggests, you can get some more business patching the losers up, if they're still alive after the beating.

Where I come from fleeing is a felony, if you want to be a criminal you can charge it to the game. I bet he doesn't run next time. Believe me I'll be getting a call regardless, and typically drug into a bull shit IA investigation. In the city I did most of my work for the cops use of force ladder was pretty weak compared to the neighboring cities and honestly the cops were pretty gentle with the criminals. Now the cities to the East and West were different and the criminals knew it. I had several tell me point blank that they wouldn't have run in either of those cities because it would have meant a pretty severe ass beating.

There really isn't a need for due process with running from the cops, you either did it or didn't and it's kinda obvious when they drag you out of the car they were chasing that you ran. Given the number of innocent victims killed or injured every year by inconsiderate assholes running from the cops, I think it should be mandatory to beat the shit out of them when you catch them.

Quote: (04-10-2015 09:24 PM)Suits Wrote:  

This is small minded thinking. If you give police officers authority to beat suspects who annoy them, they'll also beat confessions out of people.

Once again, two different things. Runners are caught in the act committing a crime which, especially when they are using a motor vehicle, risks others lives. I don't care if it's not a popular opinion, I have had dealings with everything from actual rapists, to gang bangers, drug dealers, and actual real live murderers, they are not nice and they don't play fair. I believe that our civil rights exist to protect the innocent, not predators. You step outside the social contract and want to live by the law of the jungle, don't be upset when you find out you're not the apex predator.

"The point is, marriage is stupid. Every year there are a million hot, new 22-year olds going into bars, and call me glass-half-full, but I think they're getting dumber." -Barney Stinson

Quote: (04-10-2015 11:08 PM)Medic42 Wrote:  

Quote: (04-10-2015 08:16 PM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

It's fine now.

Where I come from fleeing is a felony, I think it should be mandatory to beat the shit out of them when you catch them.

Quote: (04-10-2015 09:24 PM)Suits Wrote:  

I don't care if it's not a popular opinion,

I don't care if you don't care. I don't care what you think. Maybe it's mutual.

The difference is I have respect for the law. It's evolved over thousands of years for reasons that are perhaps beyond your understanding.

You're advocating illegal violence by people who the public pay, based on your emotional reasoning.

Your fantasy that police officers are above the law is just that, a fantasy.
If you're saying might makes right and are an anarchist, OK.

Then anyone that wants to can blow your brains out and if they get away with it it's just fine.

Hey, it's the law of the jungle!!!

AND FURTHERMORE another thing pro-illegal-violence people don't comprehend is that cop brutality is in some cases going to INCREASE danger to cops. If suspects know they're going to get pounded to shit, why not blow the cops away or suicide by cop? It's probably why the national association of police chiefs is against capital punishment.

Go and see how peaceful places like Brazil, renowned for police independent executions are.

TEAM RETROGRADE BLOCKER -- FASCISTS WHO CONDONE ILLEGAL VIOLENCE

I was just reminded of the difference between the US police force and many countries in the world.

A friend - US citizen - told me a story of how the Swiss police came to his door just a week ago. He was living in Switzerland for some time now and had neglected to do the proper paperwork on his new place he was living at. It's propably something to do with the US IRS, so the police just visited his appartment and reminded him to go sign at the magistrate.

The problem was that when the Swiss cops showed up my friend had been smoking weed all night and his place looked like an opium-den from 1880s London. One of the police man said with a smile: "What smells here so good?" My friend was absolutely shocked, because while it is legal to have small amounts for personal consumption in Switzerland if they insisted on a search they would have found a stash that would have constituted him being a dealer - he had such a massive amount of weed at his place.

But the guys were cool about it, joked some more, reminded him to take care of business and walked off with a smile.

Now imagine this scene happening in the US - even if you had a medical marijuana card - the look of his place and the sheer amount in the air would have gotten the cops high and they probably would have insisted on taking a look - in this case finding his massive stash and getting him off to prison for years. They may have even started using violence off the bat.

The militarization of the police in the US is real. While it is happening around the world, the US is still years in advance of other countries. Also personally I don't accuse the cops - it's systematic and desired top-down.

I'm not defending the cops, but want to point out something that people seem to miss these days.

People are not robot worker drones. People are humans with emotions doing jobs they often don't want to be doing. Piss them off, and they will often do things that are illegal, immoral, and put their jobs in jeopardy because emotion often overrides logic.

Again, we're humans first, workers second.

*Humiliate a teacher in front of a class and she'll find a way to lower your grade.

*Be nasty to a waiter and they'll screw up your order.

*Be condescending to a journalist and he'll make you look bad in a story.

*Run from a cop or resist arrest and the cop might just go berserk.

*Tell off a nurse in a hospital and she'll drag her feet when you need her or not show up at all.

None of these responses are right. And all of the above workers should be reprimanded or fired. But to behave rudely towards these workers and then be surprised they respond with human emotions is naive at best or being a sociopath at worst.

This doesn't make it right. I hope the law comes down on them.

But it does stand to reason. Anyone who doesn't understand how bad behavior can trigger irrational emotions from people in stressful jobs should definitely not be in the game community, which is all about learning to get desired responses out of people.

If you can't get something as basic as: "run from cop = trigger cop's aggression," don't expect to be understanding how to deal with more complex interpersonal situations.

I swear to a god, as a previously law abiding imature child, I never, ever thought I would legitimately say FUCK THE POLICE. I could not comprehend a reason people would ever say that. My god damn today I'd be a liar if I didn't say it almost daily.

FUCK THE POLICE. Those small foolish boys.

Hey Basil, if I am not mistaken, you have gone back to a close copy of your origonal avitar (I think you've changed itto something else) and I like it.

"FUCK THE POLICE!" is usually the cry of the ignorant.

There's some bad eggs in every crowd. And most people that are down to judge the actions of cops have never been in a situation as stressful as what those guys go through regularly. Chasing a suspect down is a little more stressful than say, returning your soy machiattoo because there just a tad to much soy in it.

That being said, cops went overboard here. A few punches or kicks would have been appropriate, you gotta guarantee submission ya know. Anything past that is inappropriate. The cops don't deserve to lose their jobs, but they do deserve some type of punishment.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Back in the day wasn't a tumble off the top steps of the police department walkway the usual part of processing? At least they whoop their ass before putting them in cuffs. Seems like a courtesy.

Fuck the police sentiment is hilarious though. If the police were to just fuck off you'd have the local homeboys carrying off your t.v., wife, and daughter in no time.

Didn't Ice T popularize that phrase? He's some suburbanite black pop culture hack who hustled the entertainment industry. Dude didn't know a hard day in his entire life. Or maybe it was N.W.A. ?

Do you want some jerry curl aids infected degenerate (Eazy E), Dre, or Ice Cube in charge of your city and children? Fuck no.

There's a lot of Charles Bronson wannabes out there but in reality it'd be chaos. It'd be ghetto motherfuckers shooting each other over random shit, raping, looting, and somalia level violence.

He got a beating because he gave them the run-around and they missed lunch.

Watching the video and the horse looks awkward as he gets beat.

Quote: (04-11-2015 05:40 AM)El Chinito loco Wrote:  

Didn't Ice T popularize that phrase? He's some suburbanite black pop culture hack who hustled the entertainment industry.

Why do people always say this about rappers. He was born in Newark, and then went to Crenshaw High School.

As a guy who grew up in the suburbs, nothing about the west coast rappers of the 90s strikes me as suburban.

The street level is where "Joe Flatfoot" can take care of a situation. It's totally at his (or her) discretion whether they're going to go thermonuclear, like in this case, or settle things as reasonably and as peacefully as possible. Problem is, the power gets to far too many of them and they think they're all clones of Judge Dredd. And then they wonder why the majority of them are despised, especially in the USA.

I heard a cop bitching once: "If a fireman does his job he's a hero, if I do mine I'm an asshole." Well, yeah. Most firemen don't run around like Judge Dredd. This particular cop had several brutality/excessive force complains against him from people of all walks of life. So, yes, in this case, this fucking SS wannabe is an asshole when he does his job. FWIW, he was a couple years ahead of me in high school and was a thug back then too (I never had a problem with him per se, I knew to stay away from this animal). He's still a fucking thug, only now he's got a badge, gun and publically funded pension. He fits my 90%/10% statement perfectly.

“….and we will win, and you will win, and we will keep on winning, and eventually you will say… we can’t take all of this winning, …please Mr. Trump …and I will say, NO, we will win, and we will keep on winning”.

- President Donald J. Trump

^This

When kids I grew up with who could barely finish high school now have a gun and 'authority' over me, is the moment I must absolutely refuse to take a force seriously.

Quote: (04-11-2015 04:20 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

I'm not defending the cops, but want to point out something that people seem to miss these days.

People are not robot worker drones. People are humans with emotions doing jobs they often don't want to be doing. Piss them off, and they will often do things that are illegal, immoral, and put their jobs in jeopardy because emotion often overrides logic.

Again, we're humans first, workers second.

*Humiliate a teacher in front of a class and she'll find a way to lower your grade.

*Be nasty to a waiter and they'll screw up your order.

*Be condescending to a journalist and he'll make you look bad in a story.

*Run from a cop or resist arrest and the cop might just go berserk.

*Tell off a nurse in a hospital and she'll drag her feet when you need her or not show up at all.

None of these responses are right. And all of the above workers should be reprimanded or fired. But to behave rudely towards these workers and then be surprised they respond with human emotions is naive at best or being a sociopath at worst.

This doesn't make it right. I hope the law comes down on them.

But it does stand to reason. Anyone who doesn't understand how bad behavior can trigger irrational emotions from people in stressful jobs should definitely not be in the game community, which is all about learning to get desired responses out of people.

If you can't get something as basic as: "run from cop = trigger cop's aggression," don't expect to be understanding how to deal with more complex interpersonal situations.

There are two sides to every story.

*Purposefully intimidate people and they will be afraid of you

*Constantly put people in prison for petty crimes or ones that they don't commit and they will run from you

*Profile and beat the shit out of black people for decades and they will be violent towards you

You think people just wake up in the morning and think, "wow, I think I'll run from the police today"? Many of these people, at least in their minds in the time, are running for their life.

They will lose their job and won't be able to get another one because of a felony conviction, they'll get their license taken away, they'll be hit with hundreds or thousands of dollars of fines that they will go broke paying, they'll be locked in a cell for years where they'll be some guy named Bubba's bitch as the "law" looks the other way.

They are faced with a "fight or flight" situation and in the heat of the moment, they choose flight.

How naive is it to expect a man looking at 10 years in prison to go, "Hey, I'm just going to give up, I don't want to stress you guys out"?

It's such an overwhelming double standard we have where police are justified in shooting a man because he moves his hand funny while his life as a free man flashes before his eyes, yet police can beat the shit out of a guy who's unconscious because he "made them angry".

Does a child rapist deserve a beating? Yeah, sure. But that's not for the police to decide in the heat of the moment. That is what the court system is for.

And for the record, I can't think of many situations that would make me want to wail on a defenseless man for 15 minutes with a group of my friends, but making me chase him through the desert on a horse certainly isn't one of them. One unlucky punch could've easily killed this guy.

You want to talk about psychopathy, that is it right there. You want to damn near kill a man with your bare hands because he stole a horse? And we're supposed to trust you with "upholding the law"?

I like this also.

If you surrender and come peacefully, I just throw the cuffs on you.

If you make me run after you, I'm kicking your ass if I catch you.

Sounds fair to me.

Quote: (04-11-2015 01:09 PM)dark_g Wrote:  

I like this also.

If you surrender and come peacefully, I just throw the cuffs on you.

If you make me run after you, I'm kicking your ass if I catch you.

Sounds fair to me.

Everyone who's saying this make sure you remember that when they come to get you for that false rape accusation or the outrageous alimony payment you can't make because you got fired for something you said on Twitter.

It's like watching frogs be boiled alive.

In the two minutes after the man was stunned with a Taser, it appeared deputies kicked him 17 times, punched him 37 times and struck him with batons four times. Thirteen blows appeared to be to the head. The horse stood idly nearby.

Are they somehow also subtly blaming the horse for not stopping this?

EDIT

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

This thread reminds me of a story a cop friend told me. It happened years ago before anyone walked around with camera phones.

He was involved in a pursuit of a stolen car. After a lengthy chase with multiple police units involved, the driver of the car finally ran off the road and crashed. Before the two occupants of the car could get out and flee, A swarm of cops pounced on the wreckage and pulled the two teenagers from the car and commenced beating the crap out of them. Each officer taking his turn getting a punch, boot or both in.

After receiving a little roadside justice, both kids were visibly scratched and bruised up(nothing serious). County lockup does not take in prisoners who appear to be visibly injured, so the teenagers had to be taken to the hospital and given a clearance for confinement, before County would take them in.

One teenager, lets call him "Rookie criminal", was obviously scared and new to this. He cried the whole time and acted like a little bitch. The other teenager, lets call him, "Career criminal", was quiet and laid back. You can tell we was the Alpha and leader of the two(The driver is usually the leader of the group) .

Rookie criminal's whining and crying got the attention of one of the Emergency Room nurses, his whimpering for Mommy played on her compassion and she made a call to his mother on his behalf.

While waiting to be seen by doctors, Rookie criminal's mother and father showed up in the ER, Once Rookie heard his parents voices, he began to cry more and yelled out, "Mommy they beat me". The Doctor turned to Career criminal and asked if he was also beaten.

Career criminal responded, " NO, we weren't beaten. We got injured in the crash."

So, yes, in this case, this fucking SS wannabe is an asshole when he does his job. FWIW, he was a couple years ahead of me in high school and was a thug back then too (I never had a problem with him per se, I knew to stay away from this animal). He's still a fucking thug, only now he's got a badge, gun and publically funded pension.

For over 20 years my uncle was a deputy probation officer for Los Angeles County. I'll never forget what he said: "Sometimes the only difference between a criminal and a cop is that one has a badge."

Also, this is business as usual for San Bernardino County Sheriff's deputies. This is the same department that essentially finished off Christopher Dorner.

Here's an interesting article about the SB Sheriffs Department by Yasha Levine.

https://www.nsfwcorp.com/dispatch/sbcs/

"Dealing with the SBCS is like taking a trip to the deep South, minus the southern hospitality and charm. The force is staffed by a tight good ol’ boys network drawn from a base of white ultra-conservative ex-military types, overseen by corrupt judges and a municipal government that’s deep in the pocket of ruthless real estate speculators. It’s distinguished by brazen graft, police brutality and a general disregard for lawful policing."

“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”

- George Carlin