rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

DC man documents why he believes DC sucks for meeting bitches.

[Image: attachment.jpg25838]   
"Craig Schattner, 30, has been single in D.C. for 45 months. By his count, he’s been on about 90 first dates in D.C., spending $40 to $60 on each encounter. (He says he always pays.)

Schattner is now setting out to determine what’s gone awry in his dating life: Is it D.C., or is it him?

A videographer for a nonprofit by day, Schattner is creating a “docuseries” on his Web site, dated-series.com, exploring this very topic. He self-reflects on camera, interviews friends and an ex, and talks to passersby on 14th Street NW to find out what, if anything, makes dating in D.C. so unique.

“I hit a lot of check marks,” say Schattner, explaining that on paper anyway, it seems he should be a catch. “I have tried Hinge, JSwipe, Tinder, OKCupid, Coffee Meets Bagel. I haven’t used any of the pay-for sites. I went to a Jewish event [Monday] evening.”

He’s taking a break from online dating for now, saying it all got to be too much. He once posted a Craigslist ad offering an en extra ticket he had to a sporting event to a potential date. He got 40 replies and two dates from the listing. About a month and a half ago, he applied to The Washington Post’s Date Lab, but he hasn’t heard back. (Sorry.)

Schattner and his friends have a lot of theories on why there are so many single people in the District, yet it seems to be such a despairing place to find real romance. Their explanations hit on all-the-common complaints: The city’s too transient and too career-driven. One subject in Schattner’s documentary suggests that the best sure way to find love is to move out of D.C."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/local...t/?hpid=z4

http://www.dated-series.com/

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

I feel like this topic has been covered before.... maybe I'm mistaken....

Quote:Quote:

“I may not like the answer,” he says. “It’s easy to write things off and say, ‘It’s D.C.’ But the reality is, we’re here and we have to make it work if we want to be happy … Or be okay with being single and not dating, which can be fine, too!”

It's him.

This guy is like four years late on this 'revelation'.

It's mostly him but it's also society.

The girl in the second video doesn't want a relationship and I really don't see why she ever would. She's got an endless supply of dicks to ride at her choosing, a decent amount of income given the place she's staying, and a little yappy child replacement. She can fill the rest of the void in her simple, vapid little life through attention-whoring on social media. This is pretty common.

He wants a relationship, which is like me wanting to try scrambled dodo eggs. Since it's not a matter of survival (physical, financial, etc.) for women anymore there's no real incentive for them to enter into one unless they're going to get a status upgrade out of it.

He needs to shift priorities (focus on bangs, not the childish 'love' fantasy), learn game, and move someplace where the odds are more in his favor.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

I stand by the notion that trying to find a long-term partner in any metro is a losing battle. People in the city are generally there for a reason, and if they are young, then it's not to "settle down."

Cities are loud, busy, exciting, and places where people migrate to, often temporarily, to go to school and/or work on a career and have an adventure while doing it.

The girls can sense the beta in him and are running away.

40-60$/per encounter?

That's insane, especially with no game. I can see a player justify that if he's converting and he enjoys going to higher quality places, but its clear he's taking them to nice places to impress them.

I take girls to the dive bar with the cheapest pitcher in town and its a nice cozy spot with excellent logistics for me. That's a helluva better date than sitting across each other at a restaurant because its more dingy with corners and such making it excellent for escalation.

Guys like this get slaughtered. On paper he's good looking and well dressed, but his mindset absolutely murders his results.

1) its him
2) see finding number 1

....all online dating? This guy has not even a foundational level of game.

There are relationship-quality girls, but they are few and far between, and they are usually already coupled up. Women who move to places like New York City, Chicago, DC, Atlanta, Los Angeles and Dallas to pursue careers and other ambitions are not looking to be tied down, unless they can extract a commitment from an extremely high-quality man in terms of looks, money and social status.

In addition, most guys place an extremely high emphasis on looks, maybe too much so. Obviously a woman has to be boner-worthy, but if it's a relationship you want, you're probably more likely to have success with a cute 6 who comes from a strong family-oriented background, as opposed to always shooting for an 8+. It's hard to lock down an extremely hot woman for the long haul unless you yourself have an impressive combination of looks, money and social status.

When it comes to the "Hot. Smart. Sane. Pick Two" quandary, how many guys actually prioritize Smart and Sane over Hot?

If you're looking for a relationship, hit up a church or in this guy's case the synagogue. Become active there. You'll only find people worth dating through social circles and common activities like how they used to do it before online dating.

Otherwise, you're wasting your time using websites. All of the "dating websites" are good for hook ups and short term relationships.

^ Basically this. My best LTR's came primarily from social circle.

Quote: (04-07-2015 02:24 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

^ Basically this. My best LTR's came primarily from social circle.

It's him only to a relative degree.

DC is great for female singles, but terrible for male ones.

The gender ratio is off and career focused singles with a great gender imbalance produce women who try to monkey-branch to the next biggest thing.

The DC area has given birth to Heartiste and Roosh - both guys would have probably married if they spent their 20s in EE or Ukraine.

If you suddenly added some 100.000 young women from Russia to DC you would see how much better for men and worse for women the dating there would look like. NYC is good for men simply because of decent gender ratios.

If women react with shitty attitudes when they enter a club with 70% male 30% female ratio, then what makes you think if they see that ratio before them non-stop in the entire city, that they will be behaving any better?

Would dropping 100,000 new, non-American notches really have a lasting effect? The smartphone/sjw factor would have them all Americanized (and most likely fat) in short order. But it would be a good three month window to pick up a solid LTR and get the hell out of there with her before the culture cancer sets in.

Quote: (04-07-2015 03:38 PM)SlickyBoy Wrote:  

Would dropping 100,000 new, non-American notches really have a lasting effect? The smartphone/sjw factor would have them all Americanized (and most likely fat) in short order. But it would be a good three month window to pick up a solid LTR and get the hell out of there with her before the culture cancer sets in.

They would be Americanized alright - they would join the merry carousel, but women do react to gender ratios strongly. NYC is living proof of that fact. Though you would have to drop probably more than 100.000 to do the trick since NYC also profits from female tourists.

Quote: (04-07-2015 03:38 PM)SlickyBoy Wrote:  

Exactly. I've stories of FSU girls that moved to LA, got into the Hollywood party scene and were completely ruined(Americanized) in a few months. Plus it takes a certain type of foreign girl who even chases the dream of living in a place like NYC, Miami or LA in the first place. They are most likely to get really wrapped up in becoming Americanized and eventually behaving like the locals.

I don't understand how he can spend 40-60$ on each date when an appetizer is only about 10$

Quote: (11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.

I know another man who wasn't crazy about the dating gme in DC..... He did something about it.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

DC is a tough market as we all know. The quality of girls is generally average to low. But for a guy like this to be single for so long, it's basically on him. I haven't watched any of his videos, but he seems to be doing the millennial/SJW thing in his dating. Reveling in failure and making videos and a blog about it. Buying girls dinner, etc. Girls have moved on, but he hasn't. He thinks this is the 50's.

The top Google hit on how to get laid in dc or how to meet a girl in dc is a Return of Kings Post. That alone is a sufficient jumping off point if you have an open mind. But this guy has likely been so brainwashed by the feminized culture, that he would recoil in utter terror and disgust from the truth that he could read in black and white.

Also, girls are not all automatically ruined here, even foreign ones (I bang basically 100% FOB or semi-FOB). It is possible to find perfectly normal ones, but their numbers are not large. However, they are also not minuscule.

He's in good shape and takes care of himself, but his speech mannerisms sound gay. Vaginas must dry up as soon as online girls are introduced to the voice behind the pictures. Between the effeminate speech and the amount of money he's spending on a first date, he's giving off way too strong a "nice guy" vibe. Not a recipe for success.

Blowing $8,550 on fruitless dates is a travesty. He could have spent that money on an extended vacation or relocation. In Eastern Europe or South East Asia, you could stretch those funds out into 4-6 months of living expenses (dating included) depending on your location and frugality.

Anyone want to take a guess at the notch count of the girl who "crushed Tinder?" [Image: carousel.gif]

I suspect the whole thing is just some stupid project. Maybe to see how quickly this forum pounces on him for being such a beta. Then he'll report his findings of misogyny and privilege to Jezebel for a big expose, blah, blah, blah.

....still won't get him laid.

It's him.

0:14 - soft-spoken, breathiness, hissing sibilant esses, frequent complex tones (rising to falling, falling to rising)

A woman watching recognises these vocal qualities as feminine, not masculine, and common qualities in gay speech.

1:14 - 'flamboyant' hand movements revealing insecurity

A woman watching realises he's not confident, and, by extension, can't protect her.

1:48 - bowed submissive head position, lack of voice projection, uncommanding presence, 'creepy self-satisfied smile

A woman watching sees him as a follower, not a leader, and a little creepy.

2:30 - exaggerated babylike facial expressions

A woman watching thinks he's insincere, lacks charm, lacks mystery, and is possibly-gay.

He's not getting laid out of this series.

Man up, sunshine.

AB, that's also the description of a large number of inner city Millennial males.

Hell I thought he might be gay listening to him.

And how about the fact that he always paid for over 90 dates? He must be seriously turning these women off. Nowadays it seems most career women will at least offer to split the bill if they have even the slightest bit of interest, and some will insist on it. The fact that he found a way to ALWAYS pay for over 90 women. . . . very telling. The problem is him.

Quote: (04-07-2015 04:16 PM)Oz. Wrote:  

I don't understand how he can spend 40-60$ on each date when an appetizer is only about 10$

I don't know what cost of living is like in DC, but where I live I generally limit first meetups to a couple round of drinks at Happy Hour. That will run me anywhere from $15-30 depending on what bar I choose. If he's buying these girls dinner on a first meetup or springing for anything more than a couple round of drinks then he has only himself to blame for how expensive his dates are.

Quote: (04-07-2015 05:47 PM)AnonymousBosch Wrote:  

0:14 - soft-spoken, breathiness, hissing sibilant esses, frequent complex tones (rising to falling, falling to rising)

A woman watching recognises these vocal qualities as feminine, not masculine, and common qualities in gay speech.

The guy is typically Jewish, and I'm guessing he was raised by an overbearing, overprotective mother. I grew up around guys like this. High IQ and they often have their shit together, but that intelligence never translates into how to deal with women correctly. All he knows about girls is whatever vague nonsense his mommy filled his head with.

"Make shoo-ah you fiiind yah-self a nice Jewish gal and stay away from the shiksas!"