rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Entering a Room with a Girl. You first or her?

I wanted to get peoples take on this:

When you enter a room (or a club or restaurant) with a fly girl, do you enter:

1. Ahead of her
2. She is in front of you
3. Enter at the same time (not always possible)

Common thinking would dictate that the most "alpha" is for you to lead her.

However, I just read this on Roissy's blog:

"Interestingly, in other parts of the movie, you’ll see that when a pimp enters a room, his hos precede him. This is an alpha move; the servants and sycophants always walk ahead of the king, who bestrides in behind them to the accolades of the crowd. Seemingly trivial body placements like this can radically alter a man’s sexual value in the eyes of women, and his social value in the eyes of men. This is why bosses generally show up to meetings a little later than their underlings. It’s a status signal." http://roissy.wordpress.com/2011/05/13/w...rom-pimps/

Which is definitely true.

I have noticed, that I occasionally do both.

If it is a crowded environment, I will grab hand and lead. If their are unsavory characters and scoundrels about, I will grab hand and lead. (I really like the word "scoundrel". It's actually the nickname of one of my little brother's friends. "The Scoundrel". But that is neither triple beams nor cocaine dreams).

If it is a tough door of a nightclub, I will often put the fly girl up front because that will get us in faster. (If I don't have the spot on "pre-lock").

If I am entering a room, lets say at a dope party at a palatial estate of her family, I let her enter first because it seems more smooth to be laid back.

Sometimes its easier for her to go first and you can hold it down from the back (so to speak), ie the person in the back of a canoe is more important.

What is the most G?

What do you do?

Thoughts?

Let her go in front of you, place your hand on the small of her back, and guide her where you want her to go.
It fits Roissy's suggestion and still allows you to sort of lead(in this case, "guide") in a way.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

I was about to type the same thing as Athlone almost word for word. The girl goes in first but don't let her go in without giving her that light touch on the back guiding her in. That makes all the difference. Only time I'd go in first is if I suspect there may be some reason to take caution, such as entering a dark room or some place with shady people.

Im old school in the fact that out of general chivalry that my dad beat into me Ill always have a lady enter the room or elevator before me but once inside Ill assess the situation. In the busy crowded environment Ill lead but out to dinner or more chill environment Ill have her walk in front.

Interesting topic. I'll admit that without thinking about it, I would probably assume the man would always lead. However, thinking back to my own experiences it would seem to depend on the situation.

I agree with your assessment MPM. If it is a crowded situation (i.e. a club) I'll lead her through the mob. If I'm heading through a door to a nice restaurant, I'll lead up until the point of holding it open.

Walking together is only something I might do on the street while talking. It's a subtle DLV to walk together anywhere else because it infers you're both equal - which is a beta mentality and basically yields to feminism.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

In case of a South American, she has to be in the front. Guide her gently with the hand in her back and show her that you are in command and you want to be man for her. Trust me, we don't like to be ahead of men, seems that he let us behind.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

Interesting responses.

I thought more would say they lead always.

Jack -

" Ill always have a lady enter the room or elevator before me but once inside Ill assess the situation. In the busy crowded environment Ill lead but out to dinner or more chill environment Ill have her walk in front."

What if a doorman opens the door for you?

You first or her?

Gmac -

" If I'm heading through a door to a nice restaurant, I'll lead up until the point of holding it open."

Same question.

Mrs Chocolate -

"Trust me, we don't like to be ahead of men, seems that he let us behind"

Did you mean to say:

Trust me, we don't like to be behind men, seems that he let us behind?

Quote: (05-16-2011 04:18 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Interesting responses.

You first or her?

Gmac -

" If I'm heading through a door to a nice restaurant, I'll lead up until the point of holding it open."

Same question.

I'd give her a downward nod, park my hand on her waist (or lower back) as she passes by, and follow right behind.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

alot of it depends on the situation. that being said, if you are walking thru a door or getting off an elevator you should always allow the female to go first.

I usually walk in first and, if I'm a good mood, give the door that little hand-flip for them to catch it. Once we're inside, if it's a crowded place, I put my hands on her and guide her through the crowd. If we're going into a booth, I let her take the bitch seat (the inside) and I take the prime seat, with the best vantage point.

I'm not sure if I agree with Roissy on this. I haven't given this issue much thought beyond not opening doors and pulling chairs until a girl has earned that kind of treatment.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Interesting responses.

Jack -

" Ill always have a lady enter the room or elevator before me but once inside Ill assess the situation. In the busy crowded environment Ill lead but out to dinner or more chill environment Ill have her walk in front."

You first or her?

Doorman opens the door her first. In just about any situation Im the last to enter a door.

Quote: (05-16-2011 06:25 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

I haven't given this issue much thought beyond not opening doors and pulling chairs until a girl has earned that kind of treatment.

I never really got this and Id like to hear some others thoughts on it. Why not open the door? I know Roissy has said till they "earn" that treatment but I just really disagree with that. To me its not an earned response, I hold the door for guys even. 99/100 Im the last person through a door or on an elevator, man or woman. I think if youre confident enough in who you are you dont give a fuck about holding a door for a chick making you look like a bitch, maybe if you exhibit alot of other beta behaviors you need to condition yourself in areas like this but its just one I never really understood.

Quote: (05-16-2011 06:44 PM)Jack Frost Wrote:  

I think if youre confident enough in who you are you dont give a fuck about holding a door for a chick making you look like a bitch, maybe if you exhibit alot of other beta behaviors you need to condition yourself in areas like this but its just one I never really understood.

This, I don't understand. I get opening the door for a girl, if that's your style, but I'll be damned if I'm holding the door open for a whole clown car to pass through. I don't care what it makes you look like, it's just a waste of time and annoying.

What about a crowded sidewalk?

With lots of pedestrian foot traffic?

Quote: (05-16-2011 06:49 PM)CJ Wrote:  

I think if youre confident enough in who you are you dont give a fuck about holding a door for a chick making you look like a bitch, maybe if you exhibit alot of other beta behaviors you need to condition yourself in areas like this but its just one I never really understood.

This, I don't understand. I get opening the door for a girl, if that's your style, but I'll be damned if I'm holding the door open for a whole clown car to pass through. I don't care what it makes you look like, it's just a waste of time and annoying.

hahaha, I like that. Well Im probably not gonna hold it open for a whole clown car but if its another group of 3 or 4 people then I definitely will. I dont view it as a waste of time since Im usually not in a rush and its going to take a lot more than holding a door for some people to annoy me.

I was thinking about this as well. Since i walk a bit slower and have more swag than most of my friends i tend to lag behind when we are going places. one of them usually holds the door open for me until i get there. if i am with a girl i stay a step or two ahead of her. Ill open the door and let her enter first and then i get in front of her and dictate where we go

As far as stairs go i always lead up stairs. I used to walk behind chicks when i went down stairs but i had a really unsmooth moment where i tripped on my way down and crushed this broads foot and broke her sandal.

So in summary, i lag behind guys and lead girls

In my opinion, if you're going to enter first, do it holding her hand with leading attitude. If youre entering after her don't do it holding her hand, but be sure to give that alpha vibe.

I always, always switch it up. Sometimes I go ahead of her, sometimes I have her go ahead of me. I never had much of a theory on this, but I think it's good to prevent patterns from developing and it's good for girls to not be able to "figure you out" or anticipate your next move.

Plus, if there's one way that she prefers you to do it, it's like a "treat" every time you do it the way she likes better.

I know this is a small gesture, but it's just another instance where switching up your behaviors keeps girls interested.

Quote: (05-16-2011 02:39 PM)Athlone McGinnis Wrote:  

Let her go in front of you, place your hand on the small of her back, and guide her where you want her to go.

This is exactly what I do on a date. Very important to get the kino vibe combined with the protector thingamajig.

I lead girls through clubs

for all other situations, this

Quote:Quote:

I always, always switch it up. Sometimes I go ahead of her, sometimes I have her go ahead of me. I never had much of a theory on this, but I think it's good to prevent patterns from developing and it's good for girls to not be able to "figure you out" or anticipate your next move.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Why not open the door? I know Roissy has said till they "earn" that treatment but I just really disagree with that. To me its not an earned response, I hold the door for guys even. 99/100 Im the last person through a door or on an elevator, man or woman.

I've just seen way too many girls blithely walk through doors being held open for them without so much as thanking--or even noticing--the Prince Charming who's laying out his cape for her to walk over. I used to hold doors for people to grab themselves as I walked through, but stopped doing that when I saw this cute girl having an obnoxious phone conversation on her iPhone just walk through a double door held wide open by, literally, a dude at each door. She just strolled through without thanking, smiling, or even noticing. I kid you not. Since then, I only hold doors for old people.

I used to slam doors in the faces of girls (especially if they were hot) that didn't reach out to grab them, but that started to seem mean and required too much effort.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

I usually doors open for girls just because I was raised to. If a girl doesn't acknowledge me, I say "you're welcome" loud as hell. It ALWAYS makes them look at you with an "oh shit" look on their face. I think I've even said "rude ass bitch" just loud enough for them to hear when I was younger.

Quote: (05-17-2011 12:42 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Why not open the door? I know Roissy has said till they "earn" that treatment but I just really disagree with that. To me its not an earned response, I hold the door for guys even. 99/100 Im the last person through a door or on an elevator, man or woman.

I've just seen way too many girls blithely walk through doors being held open for them without so much as thanking--or even noticing--the Prince Charming who's laying out his cape for her to walk over. I used to hold doors for people to grab themselves as I walked through, but stopped doing that when I saw this cute girl having an obnoxious phone conversation on her iPhone just walk through a double door held wide open by, literally, a dude at each door. She just strolled through without thanking, smiling, or even noticing. I kid you not. Since then, I only hold doors for old people.

I used to slam doors in the faces of girls (especially if they were hot) that didn't reach out to grab them, but that started to seem mean and required too much effort.

I just dont believe that bad manners should beget bad manners, in an eye for an eye kind of way. If I hold the door for you and you dont say thank you Ill always respond with a firm "Youre Welcome" which usually jolts the person into realizing that they were rude. Ive said before that alot of things on here could be generational as I assume Im a bit older than most of you but I just dont think that common courtesy to other people has to be lost in order to bang chicks and Ive more than proven that throughout the course of my life. I dont mean that in a condescending way I mean that more in a "what the fuck do I know" kind of way as Im guessing you guys are dealing with 18-22 year old girls and Im dealing more 24 to 30.

The "alpha way" of holding open a door, in general:

Walk through the door FIRST, and then stand on the other side with your arm or leg extended to keep the door propped open. When she/he begins to walk through it, let the door close on them so they can catch it. It's "half-holding" a door, and it's the best way to be polite without being a beta on these matters, I find.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Interesting responses.

Jack -

You first or her?

Gmac -

Same question.

Mrs Chocolate -

"Trust me, we don't like to be ahead of men, seems that he let us behind"

Did you mean to say:

Trust me, we don't like to be behind men, seems that he let us behind?

Yes, G. Sorry... I thought one thing and wrote another.
Always guide a South American. Always.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

Quote:Quote:

I have noticed, that I occasionally do both.

If it is a crowded environment, I will grab hand and lead.

If I am entering a room.... I let her enter first because it seems more smooth to be laid back.

Funny, I do the exact same thing.

Generally I do more leading if I haven't banged her yet. Once I got the bang and she's my ho, I take it easier.