rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Style in the gym

Style in the gym

Looking for opinons on what to wear in the gym. I feel I have no style in the gym. I just normally wear my weightlifting shows (nike romeulus II's) blk/wht, I have 3 pairs of shorts I cycle from navy blue, white, and black. And I try to wear a matching shirt. I.e. if im wearing my black shorts i'll throw in a blk umass jersey which matches my shles and shorts but still, i feel like i have no style. I see some cats in there that try too hard. I've seen dudes wear spandex, a face mask (this one is hard to explain) but think of a muggers scarf. Those under armor wife beaters that show off muscles. Was actually going to pick a pair of these up since i'm now under 10% bf and pretty muscular. Whats ur thoughts? I NEVER get any ioi's in the gym, yet never looking for any either. Thoughts?

Style in the gym

I've started buying and wearing lots of the Roots of Fight stuff.

** prepared for Rock wannabe comments**

[Image: biggrin.gif]

Style in the gym

To be honest, since I believe it is best not to mess around at the gym (and try to pick up chicks), I just wear whatever. I am in pretty good shape not 10% bf, but who cares how I look. I am there to do my work (which I enjoy a great deal) and get out.

If your goal is to try to pick up chicks at the gym, by all means wear something that shows off the body, but then of course, you might start getting into situations which you might not want.

The face mask may be the one that restricts breathing. It is to help crank up endurance. I have seen a couple of boxers use them.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Style in the gym

I've seen it all in the gym; workmen coming in in dirty overalls, indians in office wear, guys in sweat suits.

Whatever you're comfortable in, is the answer.

Style is irrelevant in the gym, if you ask me.

Style in the gym

Personally I like superhero tops - you can go Batman, but also Spiderman, Green Lantern, Flash or Superman:

[Image: under_armour_alter_ego_shirt_2.jpg]

If you can stretch it out like that guy it's more impressive.

[Image: New-Sports-clothes-font-b-Superman-b-fon...aptain.jpg]

Peacocking is valid in the gym too, however I personally like it because I feel like a superhero working out and it is a nice conversation piece.

Style in the gym

I know I really shouldn't but I like most of them!

Style in the gym

I usually wear music shirts, Ive had people opened up to me guys and girls with comments about the band etc, good convo starters if the person knows who the group is

Style in the gym

I wear lululemon or underarmour stuff

Style in the gym

Muscles.

'Logic Over Emotion Since 2013'

Style in the gym

High top chucks, black gym shorts, tank tops (brand name or band tanks)

I'm there to lift, I see dudes who got style in gym, but I don't waste money on gym swag.

Style in the gym

If you're worried about what clothes to wear to the gym, you've got bigger issues than your wardrobe to work out.

Style in the gym

I hear ya on the dont game at the gym. (I usually dont) but i have pretty bad style (i think) at the gym and just wear w/e. Usually super focused but sometimes see some cuties i open. I like the superhero tops...link? Save me a google search. Also i like the under armour idea, agian link? Thanks for the ideas.

Style in the gym

My gym style is lifting with intensity. I try to look like a serial killer.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Style in the gym

I'd rather die than not work out.

Working out is me time.

I turn off my phone and I can't see anything or anyone around me, I am locked in.

You're there to work, not worry about what some bitch who won't be back next week thinks about how you look while you're making yourself better.

Style in the gym

http://www.zubaz.com

Style in the gym

Muscle suit and sunglasses. Stand next to people and talk shit while they lift. "Is that it?' 'This a warm up set ya?'

[Image: 5052_big_120805202349.jpg]

Style in the gym

Codpiece and nothing else.
16th century retro.

[Image: Cod-Piece_by_Wendelin_Boeheim.jpg]

"Me llaman el desaparecido
Que cuando llega ya se ha ido
Volando vengo, volando voy
Deprisa deprisa a rumbo perdido"

Style in the gym

I remember freshman year of college one girl told me that she "hardcore judges" what dudes wear in the gym.

4 years and 1,342,234 trips to the gym later and I don't think I have ever seen her in there.

My gym recently repealed their ban on sleeveless shirts and it has opened up the gates for all sorts of retardation to seep in. I have noticed dudes spending a lot of time checking themselves out in the mirror more than working out. It also seems like the tighter the shirt the person is wearing the more time they spend checking themselves out. This is especially true for underarmour type shirts.

I was in between sets on the benchpress today and some dude in a tank came to use the bench between me and the mirror. This fucker checked himself out in the mirror for a good while before he finally picked up some weights and did a set of curls.

Lesson? Stick to t-shirts if wearing a tank causes you to spend excess time gazing into the mirror.

Style in the gym

Quote: (03-20-2015 12:40 PM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

I've seen it all in the gym; workmen coming in in dirty overalls, indians in office wear, guys in sweat suits.

Quote: (03-20-2015 04:45 PM)redbeard Wrote:  

If you're worried about what clothes to wear to the gym, you've got bigger issues than your wardrobe to work out.

Style is mandatory, always.

You might meet a cute chick at the gym, or on the way to/from. I think its not only reasonable but important to show a bit of style.

I have these slim fit anti-moisture vnecks from Express that I wear, with a pair of plain black boxing shorts and flat soled running shoes. Easy.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Style in the gym

Quote: (03-21-2015 08:08 PM)RIslander Wrote:  

Quote: (03-20-2015 12:40 PM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

Quote: (03-20-2015 04:45 PM)redbeard Wrote:  

Style is mandatory, always.

You might meet a cute chick at the gym, or on the way to/from. I think its not only reasonable but important to show a bit of style.

I have these slim fit anti-moisture vnecks from Express that I wear, with a pair of plain black boxing shorts and flat soled running shoes. Easy.

When I train I couldn't give a fuck if someone gets murdered behind me whilst I'm doing my sets.

When I leave I can hardly breathe or speak or do anything other than focus on the 2 mile drive home.

Talking to girls, style, how my hair looks...couldn't give a flying fuck.

I go out of the house to dominate the shit out of the barbell. Nothing else matters.

Style in the gym

At my lifting club, I don't give a fuck. It's mostly a lot of guys and a handful of masculine looking girls.

If I train elsewhere (half of the time), I dress for practicality e.g cotton T-shirts for the bar to grip my back nicely in the squat, as compression tops make the bar slip down. I do stand out anyway though, because for example if I'm squatting and have a powerlifting T-shirt on, wrist wraps, knee sleeves, lever belt and Nike Romaleu 2 shoes, I do look like I mean business and I've been approached (like this very morning by a female PT) by girls asking what sports I play.

It probably depends on where you are, but here (Australia) if you peacock hard at the gym, you might just attract gay guys like one of my training partners has found out (gay guy slipped his number in his towel) and zero women. [Image: gay.gif]

Style in the gym

[Image: latest?cb=20120209064325]

[Image: SNL_0863_07_Update_4_Hans_and_Franz.png]

Style in the gym

I recently started messing with a Cuban chick who lives in a very Cuban part of Miami, so I joined a gym in her neighborhood -- I always join small gyms close to jump-offs, most gyms here are $10 a month, no contract, so it's nothing.

You ever been at the park playing ball, and there's that one dude who has on nothing but Jordan gear, Nike compression sleeves, and a NBA headband?

Like he looks like he's in the league?

Ok, every dude at this gym was that dude. They all had on name-brand athletic gear, and some of them even kept their diamond studs and gold chains on during their workout.

There were a few guys who were actually dressed to go out, slim fit tees, diesel jeans, and fashion sneakers.

If I can ever get a picture of that shit, I will, it has to be seen to be believed.

Also, pretty much all of the dudes in there were legitimate gym rats, they weren't dudes who just started lifting, who'll probably quit in a week.

Style in the gym

Quote: (05-26-2015 02:33 AM)jariel Wrote:  

Also, pretty much all of the dudes in there were legitimate gym rats, they weren't dudes who just started lifting, who'll probably quit in a week.

Dressed for success - heh:

[Image: cutcaster-photo-100226243-Man-Lifting-We...owered.jpg]

The funny part is that if you come into a gym looking like that no one will make fun of you:

[Image: l.jpg]

I once was at a gym, where the biggest most massive man was a huge 6'5 black guy. He was super-nice, but had a Soprano voice. During his workouts he let out cute little screams like a Russian ballet dancer. If it had been any other guy people would have laughed. But of course since his biceps was the size of a tree-trunk it was pure silence there. He could likely come to the gym in diapers and no one would raise the issue. His gym clothes are: "Whatever I want to wear."

I might also add that the gym was all white European guys and this one black, so he stuck out even more. Worked as a bouncer at some club - but as I said was the nicest guy you could imagine.

Style in the gym

^ Cutler looks like a fatso when not exposing skin. The modern pharma-heavy bodybuilders are just muscle-fat bulks.

On topic:

Originally I also thought that it doesn't matter what you wear in the gym, because gym is supposed to be for me and not for picking up girls so I wore my worst and oldest plain oversized t-shirt that covered any definition and gray plain shorts and pretended that i don't give a fuck. Also I didn't wash my hair in gym days when if it needed washing because it will be sweaty after gym anyway.

However I have changed my ways since I couldn't help but notice how cool some dudes dress for gym and how badass they look compared to me even if our muscles are relatively on the same development level. I started to wear more tight and interesting clothes and also I always make sure my hair and beard look sharp. I feel this helps in my lifting. Somehow looking into mirror and seeing yourself a bad motherfucker makes me feel more confident before big lifts and more energetic. I believe that appearance is very important because it influences our subconscious self image a lot. We men are visual and we base most of our opinion on women on their looks, but subconscioulsly we are also visual when it comes to other guys, we visually access them as our competitors and think how we would measure up. I believe our self assessment does affect some hormone levels and thus strength output, maybe it's just placebo, but for me it does bring benefits to dress sharp.

The gym is me time but in this mean time I also like to feel like a sharp and confident slayer not as a dull slob, so dressing has some importance. It's by far the one of least important things in lifting and the difference it makes is subtle but still it makes some difference.