rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Types of creatine

Types of creatine

Ok, so I was at a sports nutrition store, and they had around 5 different types of powdered creatine, some very expensive, others not as expensive. My question is whether the more expensive stuff is actually worth the price. For $20 I can get a months supply from CVS, though I don't know whether its the same or worse than other types. Anyone have experience with this?

Types of creatine

A good break down on the different types of creatine. All the stuff I saw shows that monohydrate is the best and most used. Best if gotten from a reputable company.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/topicoftheweek67.htm

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

Types of creatine

When in doubt just pick Now foods or Swanson - no toxic additives and highly pure products.

Now foods usually leads all the lab-tested results. It's a bit more expensive than the cheapest products, but it's worth it.

Types of creatine

From my understanding standard creatine monohydrate is the best and most scientifically backed. Go with that. It's cheap.

Types of creatine

[Image: 81y5eMt5iUL._SX522_.jpg]

Types of creatine

From a bodybuilding.com thread:

Quote:Quote:

Creapure is just a trademark for a German manufactured creatine monohydrate. Three countries mass produce raw creatine: Germany, China, and the US. Of those three, Germany (AlzChem manufacturer) produces the purest creatine without impurities. Several brands use Creapure such as Prolab, Optimum Nutrition, Allmax, Kaizen, Sportpharma, etc. Of those, Optimum Nutrition, Allmax, Kaizen, and Sportpharma offer micronized version.

"Micronized" is a process that makes the particles 10-20 smaller. It claims to be more efficient and have better absorption due to the greater surface area, but I don't think there's data to prove, only in theory. It does have better mixability, however.

I personally only use Creapure product because it tells you that the creatine has been properly filtered for impurities.

And then I also use micronized creatine because it mixes somewhat better (especially if use warm water rather than cold water).

The brand I'm using now (which is the only one I've found in Thailand that's Creapure and micronized) is Musashi. Good stuff.

Creatine is by far the most well-research supplement (aside from maybe whey protein).

It works by increasing ATP (energy) in your cells.

It's incredibly safe, highly effective at raising testosterone (ref: http://anabolicmen.com/creatine-testosterone/ ) and definitely improves gym/sports performance and recovery.

Not to mention you get a wicked pump even if you're a mesomorphic bastard like me.

I've cycled on and off creatine for years and I think it's absolutely awesome.