rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Being a scrub after college again?

I'm graduating here soon... and I did very with game from 18-22 in college (and even a few real life bars... Actually I did very well) I had a blast, but as soon I'm graduating I feel like a scrub again (almost like high school). Game is harder... and real life is actually pretty hard.

I will have an extremely good degree (and extremely good connections) but I can't help feel like I will be a total scrub when I graduate.

Money seems harder to earn than I thought it would be. Not doing bad though. Getting a few good gigs with my new business.

What's the experience as you get into your late 20's and early 30's. Do the scrub years disappear and you're once again a baller?

Just really wondering to expect and how many years I have to get through this "life" scrub period.

I really have to work on my internet slang.

Am I correct in thinking that a scrub has no money and a baller has money? And you are asking how long it takes for you to start making money after graduation?

Get the status/money.

Yes.

Being broke was fun for a while, now it's old news.

A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me
sittin in the passenger side of
his best friend's ride,
tryin to holler at me.

Quote: (02-20-2015 10:22 PM)tarquin Wrote:  

A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me
sittin in the passenger side of
his best friend's ride,
tryin to holler at me.

Yeah, that's what I found when I googled "what is a scrub"

I spent my whole 20's working and making money.

It's the biggest regret I have.

What I should of done is made just enough money to eat and travel.

And have all my possessions fit into 2 suitcase.

[Image: attachment.jpg24810]   

>Game is harder... and real life is actually pretty hard.

What I've noticed is Game takes work once you're out of college. In college: with your social circle, parties, dorm socializing, extracurriculars, you're just always meeting new chicks. I guess some guys take the social circle with them after they graduate, but I would say most drift off on their own, perhaps keeping in touch with a few buddies. So this conveyor belt of women is gone. I think college was more about converting but once you're out on your own, it's also about going out your way to meet girls & creating opportunities. Can't take that part for granted anymore. It took me far too many years after graduating to realize that. Also, I think outside the environment of Uni, there is less of a soft landing when the approach doesn't work (since back then there was always an excuse to talk; you were supposed to socialize with people you went to school with); the rejection is a little more harsh in the real world.

"I will have an extremely good degree (and extremely good connections) but I can't help feel like I will be a total scrub when I graduate. "

You are getting a good degree and have pathways towards a future. How the hell does that make you a scrub? Try graduating with a shitty degree and no connections. Then again, life sometimes is more fun that way [Image: smile.gif] the world's your oyster, do whatever you want.

Life is a bit different after college, you just have to adjust to it. Don't worry so much and enjoy it.

Game in college is easier, not because of difficulty, but because of available number of opportunities.

The best things you can do in your college years is enjoy those chances if you are socially involved, while working on your game on the side, in more real world scenarios.

It is harder to meet women. Though, I enjoy post college life way more. More money, more time, way less BS busy work. You have to make extracurriculars for yourself. The gym, church, maybe yoga? Put yourself in places where women congregate.

Find some young professional groups. Move to a big city. If anything avoid 2nd and 3rd tier cities. Finding people sucks.

It almost seems like people in the 22-28 age group are hard to find. I see way more old people.

Quote: (02-20-2015 10:36 PM)LINUX Wrote:  

As someone who plans to spend most of his 20s working and making money, why is it something you regret? Unless you spent it all, isn't it nice having a solid amount of cash you can draw on so you don't have to answer to anyone if you don't want to?

Quote: (02-21-2015 03:23 PM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

It is harder to meet women. Though, I enjoy post college life way more. More money, more time, way less BS busy work. You have to make extracurriculars for yourself. The gym, church, maybe yoga? Put yourself in places where women congregate.

Find some young professional groups. Move to a big city. If anything avoid 2nd and 3rd tier cities. Finding people sucks.

It almost seems like people in the 22-28 age group are hard to find. I see way more old people.

I tried finding that crowd in my city.

It doesn't exist.

Where I'm headed next will be awesome... but for now I really just drown myself in work. Not much else to do.

Quote: (02-21-2015 05:07 PM)jake1720 Wrote:  

Quote: (02-21-2015 03:23 PM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

I tried finding that crowd in my city.

It doesn't exist.

Where I'm headed next will be awesome... but for now I really just drown myself in work. Not much else to do.

Don't let it get to you. I don't have any friends in New York with the exception of a girlfriend and another forum member who lives in CT.

Sometimes I get the feeling different cities offer different opportunities for social circles. Sometimes a personality just doesn't mesh well with a city's culture.

Best of luck brother, don't let the loneliness kill your spirit!

Quote: (02-20-2015 11:51 PM)arcterex Wrote:  

What I've noticed is Game takes work once you're out of college. In college: with your social circle, parties, dorm socializing, extracurriculars, you're just always meeting new chicks. I guess some guys take the social circle with them after they graduate, but I would say most drift off on their own, perhaps keeping in touch with a few buddies. So this conveyor belt of women is gone. I think college was more about converting but once you're out on your own, it's also about going out your way to meet girls & creating opportunities. Can't take that part for granted anymore. It took me far too many years after graduating to realize that. Also, I think outside the environment of Uni, there is less of a soft landing when the approach doesn't work (since back then there was always an excuse to talk; you were supposed to socialize with people you went to school with); the rejection is a little more harsh in the real world.

Part of that is just because working 40+ hours a week isn't conductive to socializing. It's depressing, but you'll spend more time with your co-workers than anyone else. How sad it must be for the average family to spend more time on their jobs than with each other and children, but that's another story.

The point is, that if you want to keep somewhat of a player lifestyle, then you either get a cool job with other young people who will invite you places, or you become a typical weekend warrior/online warrior with more money to spend than time. You can spend weekends in other cities/countries, get into places with more expensive drinks and hotter girls etc.

Then again, if you work for yourself, nothing is stopping you from joining all kinds of social networks, take a single class at a university to go parties, join volunteer stuff with women, different hobby and professional networks, whatever you like. That's actually the best teaching of The 4 Hour Workweek, approaching your social life as you would your business if you're self employed.

The self employed lifestyle can be incredibly lonely or great fun, depending on how you approach it.

Quote: (02-21-2015 08:36 PM)berserk Wrote:  

Quote: (02-20-2015 11:51 PM)arcterex Wrote:  

Part of that is just because working 40+ hours a week isn't conductive to socializing. It's depressing, but you'll spend more time with your co-workers than anyone else. How sad it must be for the average family to spend more time on their jobs than with each other and children, but that's another story.

The point is, that if you want to keep somewhat of a player lifestyle, then you either get a cool job with other young people who will invite you places, or you become a typical weekend warrior/online warrior with more money to spend than time. You can spend weekends in other cities/countries, get into places with more expensive drinks and hotter girls etc.

Then again, if you work for yourself, nothing is stopping you from joining all kinds of social networks, take a single class at a university to go parties, join volunteer stuff with women, different hobby and professional networks, whatever you like. That's actually the best teaching of The 4 Hour Workweek, approaching your social life as you would your business if you're self employed.

The self employed lifestyle can be incredibly lonely or great fun, depending on how you approach it.

I noticed that working on my own projects. It can get lonely. None of them ever really took off yet (though I'm seeing some results). I need to get social time or I really do go crazy.

Studying engineering for a few years can really get anyone. 50-60 hour weeks that never end (and tests you STILL might not do well on).

It's always. Study more! Better grades! (It's worse when you HAVE that 3.5+. Getting there is one thing. Staying there is stressful as hell lol).

And when it comes around to it you end up forgetting past classes anyways.... it's actually pretty demoralizing lol. You never actually really get good at any one thing. There's always more to learn.

Not really fun at all. But compared to everyone else my age I'm doing pretty damn well (I met a girl last night who makes 27k at an ad agency, how the hell do you live on that?).

Just my 2c, but I do what I can to enjoy it. Graduation seems so close. After that first job it's all downhill. All my buddies have cool setups in Houston so I have that to look forward to.

Thanks guys.

Quote: (02-20-2015 10:36 PM)LINUX Wrote:  

Same here, I was unknowingly MGTOW, not because I hated women, I was just focused on other things. I kick myself now because it could have been a fun time.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

There's worth things than being a scrub:

[Image: 1308000354_1378514153.jpg]

I feel ya bro. Not a day gone by that I don't dread the day of graduation. Im seriously worried that the awesome lifestyle Im living now would be gone and I ll have to fight tooth and nails for good pussies. On top of that I ll be graduating with a shitty degree and will certainly do a 9-5 job for the first few years.

Just how do you adapt? I think Roosh had a desk job too at the beginning and he went out 5 nights/week to game. I reckon if I do that I ll be fucking floored come morning at work. Should I prepare myself for that lifestyle because there s simply no other way?

I guess day gaming will be even more important but even now in post grad Im not doing that well. Need to really up my game here. Feel like Im living on borrowed time

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

You're gonna have a hard time in the beginning but you'll get on your feet eventually. I was in shit jobs the first 2 years after graduation but managed to catch up in a big way these past 4 years. I busted ass professional networking and was able to meet some girls at the same time. And this was all only a year or two after the recession. It should be much easier for you all now.

It really depends on your industry, when you're younger being in a STEM industry can hurt your dating prospects initially but once you get in your prime working years (30-40) you can easily take more time off and clean up either at home or abroad.

Many guys lament "wasting" their youth but forget that Men enter their prime SMV at a different time than Women. Women peak 18-24 while Men peak 35-45. Your best years are still ahead gentlemen. Focus on building your income now so you can enjoy it.

Quote: (02-22-2015 09:40 PM)GlockTrigga Wrote:  

Many guys lament "wasting" their youth but forget that Men enter their prime SMV at a different time than Women. Women peak 18-24 while Men peak 35-45. Your best years are still ahead gentlemen. Focus on building your income now so you can enjoy it.

I'm not calling you out specifically here, but this is one of those talking points that gets repeated so often that guys don't realize it's not completely true. They think this means that a man's dating life is guaranteed to get better with age. But that conclusion does not necessarily follow at all. Here's the reality: the average 40 year old man will have more options than the average 40 year old woman. True. But the average 40 year old man will NOT have more options than the average 20 year old man. This is simply due to the fact that the 20 year old, especially if he is in college, will be effortlessly surrounded by prime SMV aged women. In contrast, as a 40 year old man you really have to go out of your way and have your shit buckled down tight just to have the same exposure (much less success) with 18-22 year old women.

College is literally a pussy paradise compared to regular life afterward. Denial of this fact does nothing to help men. If you are in college now, enjoy it while it lasts, and make an effort to maintain regular contact with a core group of college friends after you graduate. This can help you maintain a social circle as you transition into the "real world". But after you've been out of school for five years or so, you will notice a drastic decline in action, as the people you went to school with all start to get married, move away, focus seriously on their careers, etc... At that point it's up to you to start hustling if you want to maintain the kind of social life that will put you in proximity to young women. And remember, the 19 year old with the right fraternity letters on his shirt will always have more status with the hot sorority girl than you as a random 30 something guy. Regardless of how cool you come across and how tight your game is, you will be seen as "that random old guy" 99% of the time. It's a major uphill battle and you probably need to find some kind of niche/status/microfame to have success with prime-aged women as you age. Meanwhile, the 19-20 year old college guys are getting laid just by showing up. That's just the way it is. I know because I've been on both sides of that coin.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

^ I think this romanticizes fucking American college girls way too much.

I did that in college, I do it now living in Santa Barbara.

Having the smarts, income, and means to be a 35-45 location independent with $, style, and languages to go around places like Colombia, DR, SEA, Africa(probably in the next few decades more often), FSU, and so on and be banging quality chicks of all different nationalities and cultures seems more exciting to me than boning another American college party chick.

This holds doubly true if you go to an American college that isn't very diverse (i.e. just some good looking white chicks and nothing else).

This opened my eyes when a forum member visited me that lived in Moscow. I pointed out two what I thought were hot blonde college girls 21. 7.5's in my book. I said they were second shelf here, but pretty good. He said they were nothing special in Moscow.

I day game on campuses often around here. It's good quality, but really the hottest American girls aren't even on college campuses they are doing modeling, media, or something else in big cities and often times have rich parents or sugar daddies.

Also I believe if I can remember you were most likely an SEC frat guy.

Frat culture isn't nearly as strong in many other American colleges. Also many girls are still willing to fuck you being 35+. I have an RVF guy I need to meet with that is early 40s around here still boning lower 20s and we are talking about American chicks here not foreign.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

Well I have been doing cold approach since I was 16 and did extremely well at it for a long time. Infact 90%+ of my lays are from cold approach at real bars.

I have a lot of friends all over the world, including houston where I plan on working. (Family also).

I like oil and gas. Everyone goes out and drinks a lot lol.

Sounds like I'm set. Now I gotta graduate.

Interesting post scorpion.

I think it's a remarkable concept. A 20 year old has the best access he will likely ever have in his lifetime while in college/university.

But, the game aware 20 year old will eventually age. He will lose that access gradually to the point his access to prime women is literally 0 unless he actively does something about it.

In his favor, are things such as making money with time, more attractive as you age, more world experience, maturity as a man, better game etc.

The way I see it is that things will get easier and harder in different measures. It's always in equilibrium. Girls will be more attracted to you in general (provided you are not a mess like the average guy as you age) but if you want the prime girls you're going to have to be actively meeting them and playing a numbers game.

One thing I've noticed that is most relevant to this topic here:

Most guys in their thirties and forties and so forth reminisce about the old days when they used to do so well with girls. Now they are overweight, divorced/unfulfilling marriage and the thought of gaming prime girls doesn't even register on their mind as something realistic.

Guys I've met from the forum in their thirties and forties are on the opposite side of the spectrum. Generally speaking, things have gotten better with age. Either more success with women in all respects and/or more fulfilling relationships as opposed to when they were younger. One member has even told me that even though he did really well in college given his connections, his peak that he is still in is in the mid 30's. Though he did mention a period of struggle in the mid 20's or so.

OK, serious post time:

Yes, you are going to be a scrub for a bit after college. Deal with it. Your first job is probably going to be unglamorous. If you chose it well it's going to be a good learning opportunity and a good networking opportunity.

Look at it in poker terms. You just sat down at the small blinds table at a competition. You're not a big dog yet. Right now you need to be focused on stacking some chips in your pile. Do well now and you can either cash those chips out(move out of the matrix) or go all in on a bigger play(strike out with your own business later in the hopes of living like a king).