rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A Plus Size Model in the Swimsuit Edition of Sports Illustrated

A Plus Size Model, Ashley Graham, takes part in the Swimsuit Edition of Sports Illustrated!

http://www.etonline.com/news/159150_ashl...imsuit_ad/

[Image: 640_curvesinbikinis_swimsuitsforall.jpg]

"I think that you can be healthy at any size and my goal is to help and educate women on that,” she wrote. "It doesn’t matter if you’re a size 2 or 22 as long as you’re taking care of your body, working out, and telling yourself, ‘I love you’ instead of taking in the negativity of beauty standards."

Are we reaching a new low?

I'm not sure there are that many readers of Female Magazines, among them many land whales, who would like to admire beer bellies like mine on their magazines pages...

This story opens the door to many ugly and fat ladies who'll try to force the media to give them such an exposure.

What do you think about it gentlemen?

Why would Sports Illustrated do something like that? Women don't read it, and sure as hell not the swimsuit edition.

If civilization had been left in female hands we would still be living in grass huts. - Camille Paglia

[Image: sports-illustrated-swimsuit-2009-copy.jpg]

They are trying to redefine male's desire. Hopefully it won't work, but you never know.

This is just an ad, right? Some company decided to be "edgy" by purchasing ad space for a photo of an overweight model.
They get a lot of press, and a lot of money from fat women. Sports Illustrated gets to pocket the money.
Readers ignore the fat woman and look at the hot ones.

I wouldn't expect much more to come of this than that.

I don't think Sports Illustrated is trying to redefine male desire. They must think it will move units.

EDIT: SamuelBRoberts explained it right before I got in. They won't want to piss off their advertisers by reminding them it's not the whale edition.

If civilization had been left in female hands we would still be living in grass huts. - Camille Paglia

I'm sure the corporate board at Burger King is loving this sort of shit.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

What's disturbing to me is that on an American scale she's not even fat, just chubby. But in most other countries she's definitely a fatty.

This doesn't really bother me. We all know what we want in women and wouldn't bow down to the size 14+ crowd. If anything the average beta will eat this shit up, leaving fewer and fewer skinny bitches being approached.

What does scare me is advertising and publicity aimed at woman project and preaching this drivel (Dove beauty products and whatnot). I don't really think this is it.

Model could be smoking but she chose the burger life.

Women don't buy Sports Illustrated Swimsuit. Men don't buy bikinis. This is an ad for bikinis in a men's magazine.

This is an advertising fail if I've ever seen one.

7/10 whr.

She's more anomalistic than even your standard SI swimsuit model. (did I just make up a word?)

Even if there are some dudes into this, it's because she's curvy, not because she's overweight.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Isn't she the lane Bryant model? She's proportionally as rare as a unicorn exists. Doesn't matter because she feeds all big women's hamster.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Who buys this shit? Blue pill guys that don't have sex with their wives? This bitch is gargantuan. You never get a sense of scale because it's always just the woman. Put her next to a normal SI model and she'll look like a behemoth.

The worst thing about the photo is that the man is portrayed as a total kiss-ass.

Literally throwing himself into a pool, fully-clothed, and groveling over the rotund object of his affections.

Quote: (02-04-2015 04:22 PM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

The worst thing about the photo is that the man is portrayed as a total kiss-ass.

Literally throwing himself into a pool, fully-clothed, and groveling over the rotund object of his affections.

If you really wanna see kiss-ass, watch the video in the link

Wow, this just delivered the final out why I'm not buying Sports Illustrated outside of its front cover jinx.

Quote: (02-04-2015 04:27 PM)Chunnel Wrote:  

Holy shit that's funny

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

WHY THE FUCK ARE THE DUDES ALL RIPPED UP AND IN SHAPE..... WHAT HAPPENED TO "LOVE YOUR BODY BLAH BLAH BLAH.... DOES THAT SHIT ONLY APPLY TO WOMEN?"

YOU STILL HAVE TO BE A HOT GUY WITH A 6 PACK, BUT GIRLS CAN BE IN WHATEVER KIND OF CHUBBY ROUND SHAPE THEY WANT.

DOUBLE STANDARD MUCH

#EQUALITY

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

What the fuck is wrong with these morons? Seriously, which dumbass advertiser thought it would be a good idea to put some fat bitch in the swimsuit edition of Sports Illustrated?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAKG-kbKeIo

Classic female fantasy — "I can look like Miss Piggy in a bikini and have THREE hot guys going bonkers over me."

0% chance those guys would respond to her that way if they weren't being paid to do so.

Also, their stares & reactions are a clearcut depiction of sexual harassment.

Quote: (02-04-2015 04:56 PM)Scoundrel Wrote:  

Classic female fantasy — "I can look like Miss Piggy in a bikini and have THREE hot guys going bonkers over me."

0% chance those guys would respond to her that way if they weren't being paid to do so.

Also, their stares & reactions are a clearcut depiction of sexual harassment.

You underestimate the thirst here. I used to think she was hot 5 years ago, because back then I would have smashed anything thick like that.

1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Haha at everyone acting like they wouldn't tap that.

[Image: jordan.gif]

"Women don't buy Sports Illustrated Swimsuit. Men don't buy bikinis. This is an ad for bikinis in a men's magazine.

This is an advertising fail if I've ever seen one."

You're misunderstanding how this works. You're right, no fat women will ever see the ad inside the pages of Sports Illustrated. They will, however, see it here:
http://www.etonline.com/news/159150_ashl...imsuit_ad/
Or here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/04...08528.html
Or here:
http://pix11.com/2015/02/04/plus-size-mo...t-edition/
Or maybe here:
http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/02/04/ashl...lustrated/

It even has a built-in hashtag, which is getting a ton of hits here:
https://twitter.com/search?q=%23curvesin...s&src=typd

No, this is an extraordinarily successful campaign that understands its audience perfectly. The people behind it are very, very clever.

Quote: (02-04-2015 05:01 PM)aSimpNamedBrokeback Wrote:  

Haha at everyone acting like they wouldn't tap that.

[Image: jordan.gif]

Many black guys would for sure. If I did I would not tell you jokers about it. [Image: lol.gif]

She's one of those, file it under old fantasies folder for notches. Dirty and wrong but you don't give a good damn.