rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Stanford Grad makes new app, further widening the SMV gap

SOURCE

Quote:Quote:

Amanda Bradford doesn’t think her dating app, The League, is elitist. She prefers the word “curated,” the same way Ivy-league schools and top employers select only the best candidates.

The League, which just raised a $US2.1 million seed round, is operating with 4,500 beta users in San Francisco. The goal is to make a more selective Tinder that’s only for the most interesting, motivated single people in cities around the world.

Ultimately, Bradford wants to match tons of power couples. Since November, the app has paired 20,000 people, resulting in 19 couples.

Right now, the app skews slightly female and its users often have advance degrees. They tend to be in their late 20s; all have been carefully selected by Bradford’s team and an are-you-cool-enough algorithm her tech team has built. Each person accepted into The League gets one “ticket” they can give to another single friend, and about 50% of The League’s users were referred by another member. All other singles have to wait in a virtual line and hope they’re top-notch enough to join The League’s elite pool of prospects.

Lawyers, doctors and tech executives frequent the app. Many of the beta users have never signed up for a dating service before. Or if they were on Tinder, they weren’t pleased with the experience.

“We want people to think of The League as a little more grown up and tasteful, for young professionals who want to go out for a coffee or a drink and aren’t just about hooking up,” Bradford says. To get only the most serious singles, Bradford feels it’s important to be highly selective rather than target hard-partying college students.

“The best universities curate students. Employers curate their employees. Work and school are the top places where 20-somethings meet each other. So it makes sense for a dating community to [curate] as well,” Bradford says.

Unlike Hinge and Tinder, The League relies more on LinkedIn than Facebook to determine who’s up to snuff. Bradford says she and her friends frequently LinkedIn-stalk dates before meeting them for coffee to make sure they aren’t scary and that their goals align.

The acceptance algorithm The League uses scans the social networks to ensure applicants are in the right age group and that they are career-oriented. That doesn’t mean they have to be Ivy graduates or work for a big-name firm. But they should have accomplished something in their 20s. “It’s not an ‘if this then yes or if no then no’ algorithm,” Bradford says, insisting that membership isn’t based on salaries. “We want our users to say, ‘Hey, we trust your judgement.’ These people are going after their dreams. They’re just interesting, ambitious and doing something they’re excited about.”

The League also looks at a user’s social graph to see who they know who’s already a member of The League.

Once accepted, users are only shown a handful of matches per day.They can log back in during “happy hour” at five for a new batch of matches to scan. The League makes sure users aren’t shown first connections or current coworkers to minimize awkward virtual encounters.

Bradford, who worked at Salesforce, attended Stanford Graduate school and interned with top venture capital firm Sequoia Capital, was only hoping to raise $US750,000. But she found a number of angel investors — including five of her professors at Stanford — were eager to invest. IDG Ventures gave her the first check in June followed by Sherpa Ventures and others. She has a computer science background and was offered a product management role at Facebook, but she opted to launch a startup instead.

Bradford is using her millions to grow her team of four and to hire engineers. The League will likely launch in New York City next, where Bradford says there’s already a sizeable waitlist. She is also eager to launch in London, where motivated individuals tend to flock. She’d rather tackle the world’s most interesting cities than smaller U.S. towns.

First of all, if Bradford is actively engaging in creating this app, then I can't knock the hustle. It just goes to show you tech is further expanding the alpha fux, beta bux dichotomy. If you're not in the business of self-improvement, then you're in hot water.

Seems like a means for professional women to secure a well off beta. The article says the average age is late 20's, so young, hot women in their primes will mostly not be selected.

All this shit just helps players even more. It's all a landslide victory.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

This is designed for careerist cunts looking for good candidates for future divorce rape.

Someone should create an app that screens women for beauty, youth, health, femininity, and traditional beliefs about female behavior and roles.

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

"Beta users" is rather apt.

Quote: (01-26-2015 02:13 AM)Travesty444 Wrote:  

All this shit just helps players even more. It's all a landslide victory.

The opposite really - it's going to be useless and further saturate the market. It scans LinkedIn as a reference, so you're going to see high SMV career men paired up with equally "successful" career women. What woman is going to be successful in her career during her physical prime (20-24)? And are jobs/education level really important to us when we go hunting for tail?

Tinder and OkCupid have damaged women beyond repair. The entitlement, the narcissism, the habitual look over the shoulder for something better. There's no point in looking nice or having a solid personality when a couple of photoshopped selfies will keep your inbox flooded with thirsty guys. Anything that plugs into a wall or can be viewed on a computer is counterproductive in the long run.

This app is nothing more than a stethoscope for lonely betas to hear the death roars of ticking biological clocks.
[Image: stock-vector-clock-with-stethoscope-60241357.jpg]

I don't think this effects us. Think about who is using this app:

1. Empowered independent career women
2. And the men with lots of money who want to date empowered independent career women

Does anyone here on RVF want to date such a woman? This is just a more efficient way for thirsty saps to part with their testicles (and probably their money too).

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest

Quote: (01-26-2015 02:23 AM)MrXY Wrote:  

This is designed for careerist cunts looking for good candidates for future divorce rape.

Someone should create an app that screens women for beauty, youth, health, femininity, and traditional beliefs about female behavior and roles.

Hm, an app that scans a photo for hip ratio, leg/body ratio, the symmetry of the face and so on... problem no girl would register

Deus vult!

How can she attract that amount of start-up money for an idea this wrongheaded? I guess even communism had its supporters, though.

This is a typical mistake of women projecting what they want onto men. It's women who fantasize about successful men: the do-ers of society. That's why someone who looks like Salmon Rushdie can attract models.

Men, on the other hand, do not fantasize over pictures of Hillary Clinton or Carly Fiorina (the former CEO of Hewlett-Packard). And if men do fantasize about a nice-looking successful woman like Marisa Mayer, it's because of her looks, not her job.

What kind of men are going to sign up for this? My guess: pretty-boy layabouts seeking a sugar mama. Probably not what they had in mind.

I don't think they're going to get serious business types because of things like "Nice Guys of OKCupid;" men will not want to mix business with their personal lives. Imagine rubbing a woman the wrong way on this app, and having her seek revenge on you through Linkedin? That's all men need.

Also (and this might be the most important point) men in management are warned in HR seminars not to get involved personally with whom they work. This app's tie-in with Linkedin means that a guy could unwittingly be romancing one of his firm's clients and then cause that account to be lost if it goes sour.

People in the manosphere should develop apps. They'd probably be a lot more useful.

Quote: (01-26-2015 02:44 AM)The Reactionary Tree Wrote:  

I don't think this effects us. Think about who is using this app:

1. Empowered independent career women
2. And the men with lots of money who want to date empowered independent career women

Does anyone here on RVF want to date such a woman? This is just a more efficient way for thirsty saps to part with their testicles (and probably their money too).

lol

Quote: (01-26-2015 02:44 AM)The Reactionary Tree Wrote:  

Does anyone here on RVF want to date such a woman?

[Image: maya.gif]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (01-26-2015 02:23 AM)MrXY Wrote:  

Quote: (01-26-2015 02:54 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

How can she attract that amount of start-up money for an idea this wrongheaded? I guess even communism had its supporters, though.

This is a typical mistake of women projecting what they want onto men. It's women who fantasize about successful men: the do-ers of society. That's why someone who looks like Salmon Rushdie can attract models.

Men, on the other hand, do not fantasize over pictures of Hillary Clinton or Carly Fiorina (the former CEO of Hewlett-Packard). And if men do fantasize about a nice-looking successful woman like Marisa Mayer, it's because of her looks, not her job.

What kind of men are going to sign up for this? My guess: pretty-boy layabouts seeking a sugar mama. Probably not what they had in mind.

I don't think they're going to get serious business types because of things like "Nice Guys of OKCupid;" men will not want to mix business with their personal lives. Imagine rubbing a woman the wrong way on this app, and having her seek revenge on you through Linkedin? That's all men need.

Also (and this might be the most important point) men in management are warned in HR seminars not to get involved personally with whom they work. This app's tie-in with Linkedin means that a guy could unwittingly be romancing one of his firm's clients and then cause that account to be lost if it goes sour.

People in the manosphere should develop apps. They'd probably be a lot more useful.

Very true. The key is to adopt the framing and language that SJWs and feminists have been good at.

Curated, degrees, professional…all buzzwords for "money". If women truly gave a shit about any of this, they would've been begging to suck the dick of that guy who helped land a spaceship on an asteroid instead of vilifying him over a shirt. And I'm only being slightly hyperbolic.

Unfortunately, in today's culture the worst thing that can happen is for a man to express any sort of desire towards a woman with conventional good looks.

Howabout cutefitgirlnotacunt.com? I feel like that's pretty straightforward.

Evil or not, this is quite a stroke of genius.

It is essentially seekingarrangement.com, both ways, without the unsavory tinge of, you know, seekingarrangement.com.

If two upper-middle class individuals can combine their salaries through marriage and push their family into the upper echelons of society, good for them. Moving up a socioeconomic class is becoming more and more uncommon, but this has always been a tried and true strategy for fringe-elites as long as women have been able to make decent money. Facilitating this through a dating app? I commend them for the hustle. For a family-minded guy, this is not a bad option.

Would I want to find me a hot little pediatrician or radiologist or dentist, as long as I made more than them? Hell yea, sign my ass up. I'll get back to you when I'm 35+.

Fuck lawyer cunts tho.

This is gonna be one of those apps that SJW's will declare as "problematic" without getting into too many specifics, but at the same time desperately hope they get an invite to so they can use it as a status symbol.

I'm eagerly awaiting the first "The League Game" data sheet explaining how to create a perfect fake linked account etc.

As Kamikaze said, this could be SA Game all over again.

There's nothing more satisfying than punishing these over entitles, gold digging whores with player dick.

Sigh, every time I read some article about "power couples" and assorted credentialist professional yuppies patting themselves on the back for being so wonderful I start thinking "maybe the Khmer Rouge wasn't so bad..."

Quote: (01-26-2015 03:33 AM)Kamikaze Wrote:  

Evil or not, this is quite a stroke of genius.

It is essentially seekingarrangement.com, both ways, without the unsavory tinge of, you know, seekingarrangement.com.

If two upper-middle class individuals can combine their salaries through marriage and push their family into the upper echelons of society, good for them. Moving up a socioeconomic class is becoming more and more uncommon, but this has always been a tried and true strategy for fringe-elites as long as women have been able to make decent money. Facilitating this through a dating app? I commend them for the hustle. For a family-minded guy, this is not a bad option.

Would I want to find me a hot little pediatrician or radiologist or dentist, as long as I made more than them? Hell yea, sign my ass up. I'll get back to you when I'm 35+.

Fuck lawyer cunts tho.

That is literally the only reason to be on the app - also for a guy with Game and a career who does not mind fucking 27+ year old deluded hamsters then you could rack up notches here. But you should rather be unaffected by it not fucking up some business contacts.

However I think this is a real anti-tinder app. Have you read that you have to give out a ton of real-life personal info like real name, LinkedIn account that is going to be cross-checked by the app-team? I don't know how much the person you match with can see about you, but if she can check out your job, your education and thus estimate your income and social status, then it's a pure gold-digging-Beta-Bucks app indeed.

Even guys with Game and careers will avoid it unless for some easy lays. Most of the clients will be Beta Nice Guys who will get played by women.

You guys said it all regarding their hamster in overdrive on the app.

Actually it's a smart idea for the BetaBucksSeeking girl, since she essentially eliminates her hottest competition - all the cute 18-26 year olds who make Alpha hunting so tough for her - too bad there will be hardly any Alphas on that app.

to put it succinctly:

Woman creates Hypergamy-BetaBucks-maximization tool by eliminating competition of 18-25 year olds in dating app

[Image: attachment.jpg24307]   

Also I just remembered - they said that even in the wide-scale Beta-test the numbers are slanted towards women already! Duh - no wonder, because she eliminated all hotties between 18-25 and all the cute girls with no decent careers. What remains are deluded career whores between 27-45 since you cannot even lie on age with the app (they have your real personal data!).

I am sure guys like Goldmund in NYC will check the app out - wanna wait and see if it's as bad as I think it is.

[Image: hamster2.gif]

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

So a Tinder for arrogant cougars? Got it. Somebody should troll it and fill it with cat profiles.

I hate the overuse of the buzzword curated lately. "Filtering" is not good enough word now. These people use curate whenever filtering takes place at any point in a service/product which nearly always happen since you are taking a raw thing/group and distilling it down to the useful bits.

The other part of my hate for this buzzword is that it suffers from the same issue as "toxic". That is, they can't just say it fucking normally. They don't pronounce it as "cure-rate", its "cuuuure-ate" with over emphasis and using a pseudo English accident.

Also 2.1 mill with only 4,500 users is pretty crazy since it sounds like this is her first start up and they haven't even proved if there is even a market there yet. She asked for $750k and people threw money at her when she didn't even ask for it and i assume increase the company valuation.

Pussy pass detected.

Quote: (01-26-2015 03:45 AM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

There's nothing more satisfying than punishing these over entitled, gold digging whores with player dick.
[Image: potd.gif]

Quote: (01-26-2015 05:18 AM)Lizard King Wrote:  

Quote: (01-26-2015 03:45 AM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

There's nothing more satisfying than punishing these over entitled, gold digging whores with player dick.
[Image: potd.gif]

[Image: highfive.gif]

I'm definitely in their target demographic. I and most of the men in this demographic have little interest in getting married to a woman with similar career aspirations. My wife stays at home with our baby and will do so for the foreseeable future as we continue to have more children. Most of my married male friends are married to teachers, nurses, physical therapists, etc. Women with feminine dispositions.

This app will match the most beta men of my demographic with the least desirable women of my demographic. Sounds like a perfect match.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

Women will pen in and skew the rules to create thier own online dating environments. Always warned that the next step of men submitting to use product and means to meet women that give the women more power (online) will eventually lead to this shit. Us men can laugh but she already has a "line-up" of dudes, and if she can convince these well off and thirsty dudes to pay a premium to be able to jump ahead the like she already would have a model more profitable then her competition.

Dumpy women can line up a date evrey day of the week. In real life she would never have 5 dudes approach her outside of a bar/alcahol setting where they are just looking for a attempt at easy sex. This girl now walks with more confidence and snark. She now thinks she gas value even though she a ugly broad with to much education. That is a real example of many, the girl in question was only emboldened by Tinder. No way in real life she gets the option of combing though so my "suitors".

It will get worse before it gets better. This new app will likley only take off in high flight cities. Expect Boston and then NYC to be next. I don't expect it to be widesprws since I don't think she can find enouh men that would pass her delusional test but she will always find the long line of thirsty men willingly waiting to attempt to try.

She'll do just fine, already has the prestige internship and thirsty zillionaire betas want to invest in a chick biz.

What will happen is the complaints that men here have will prevent the widespread adoption she wants ( she probably cums in her pants at having a fortune like Zuckerberg's) so she'll open it up more.

MY friend was working at Harvard when Facewhore started, and was all excited about it-- his sense was it was really useful and he had some idea it would be huge. You had to have a Harvard.edu address to use it at first I think.

Now it's evolved into a gigantic vampire squid sucking people's time in while it collects marketing data. Whenever I am forced to get on there to look at a candidate chick's pics, it is amazing how deliberately confusing it is and how it leads you off into that world of fantasy so you tend not to get your planned task done. Absolutely time-toxic.

These greedy upper class mofos play for keeps, often no sense of greater good.

I think you could look at it right now and tell her she should include a "models" category to get the 18-24 chicks you guys mention. Of course, there'll be a euphemism for this--" Up and Comers" -- jesus I should charge for this shit.

Yeah, "up and comers", only the most smoking chicks from something like top 100 schools, or however low she has to go the get killer juniors and seniors.

I think it will work, when she has investors she can't hamsterize at will, the investors are definitely in contact with reality, have her phone number and are going to use it.
We'll see.