rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to Get a Script for TRT-- For Men Over 30

Some of you guys requested this write-up in my Cali, Colombia datasheet. I have been taking testosterone for well over 10 years. I have had many years to think about this and it’s on of the best decisions I ever made. This post is for you older guys who are considering it. Last year, I was 31 years old, and had the best year of my life. I accumulated well over 70 lays, which is not very much compared to some of you, but it was great quality. 20 of those lays were in the states, which is great numbers for where I live in Colorado. It’s January 20th today of 2015 and I’ve already hit 16 lays so far in Colombia, so I’m on track to beat my record.

This is the thing guys, when you hit 30 years old, it’s very easy to look around and see that most men your age are going down hill. They are one year away from being the fat ass in cargo shorts, Oakley sunglasses, and pair of New Balance shoes. I ask all of my lays why they enjoy sex with me and most of the have the same answer, “You make me feel safe when you hold me.” A high sex drive and great body speaks volume in the lay department. I would say that it is 50% of the reason I get most of my lays, the other 50% involves being aggressive and not being socially awkward.

This post is only for you older guys in the USA who are considering it.

Index:
1.Get tested
2.Get results
3.Finding a doctor
4.Cost
5.Traveling
6. My regiment

Before we start:

There are three things you need to know before we start. I want to explain the methods that many people use (option 1 and 2) and I want to explain the methods that you should use (option 3).

1.Many guys take testosterone illegally. Usually it is brewed in some guys kitchen with some filters, beakers, burners, and a few raws from China. After 12-15 weeks of injecting this homemade crap in their body, they wait three to four weeks and then they get their blood test when the ester has cleared their system. Their natural testosterone is shot to hell at this point and normally around 200 or so. This is why it is so easy to find bodybuilders, powerlifters who have prescriptions. I’ve known hundreds over the years who did this method when I owned my own gym in Denver. They practically drove their levels to rock bottom and got a script as a result.

2.I’ve known a few guys who did the same method as above but instead of using some dirty testosterone off the Internet, they bought testosterone legally at a pharmacy in the country they were visiting. They did the testosterone there and got their blood test after the ester cleared their system, when they returned to the states.

3.I do not recommend the first two ways so I will talk about the third way, which is using your current levels and finding a progressive doctor. I've known many people to use this method and it works.

1. Get a blood test.

A. Privatemdlabs:

To do this, navigate over to http://www.Privatemdlabs.com. Scroll down and order the Hormone Panel for Females. If you have issues with ordering something that says female on it, feel free to order the hormone panel for males but be prepared to pay three times the price. The female hormone panel will test you for the following:

-Estradiol, serum;
-Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH);
-Luteinizing Hormone (LH);
-Testosterone, Serum (Total Only);
-Complete Blood Count (CBC) w/ Differential: Hematocrit; hemoglobin; mean corpuscular volume (MCV); mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH); mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC); red cell distribution width (RDW); percentage and absolute differential counts; platelet count; red cell count; white blood cell count; immature granulocytes. -Comprehensive Metabolic Profile (CMP) (includes eGFR): A:G ratio; albumin, serum; alkaline phosphatase, serum; ALT (SGPT); AST (SGOT); bilirubin, total; BUN; BUN:creatinine ratio; calcium, serum; carbon dioxide, total; chloride, serum; creatinine, serum; globulin, total; glucose, serum; potassium, serum; protein, total, serum; sodium, serum.

*During checkout, check the box that says you are male. Do not put female here or the baseline lab ranges will be for females.*

B. Retailmenot:

Navigate here http://www.retailmenot.com/view/privatemdlabs.com or another one of those coupon sites and find the latest 15% off coupon. Now your blood test cost around 50 bucks. If you were to buy this same lab test in the hospital, it cost you well over 200 bucks.

C. Labcorp.

After you order the blood test, you will be emailed your lab requisition paper. Print it out and take it to the closest Labcorp. To find a Labcorp to get your blood drawn. Visit their website to find the closest location. https://www.labcorp.com/wps/portal/findalab

Here is a map of their locations:

[attachment=24179]

D. If you do not have a Labcorp location.

If you do not have a labcorp close to you, your other option is Lef.org .
This is a finger prick blood test but it is much more expensive and you have to send it in the mail. It takes a while to receive the results.

http://www.lef.org/vitamins-supplements/...Blood-Test

2. Getting the results.

You will be receiving the lab results in your email the next morning. You results will look something like this:

[attachment=24180]

This is sent from Privatemdlabs. Sometimes weekends take a few more days. For me, I always have the results the next morning around 9am.

Before you go any further, compare your results to the baseline for your age. If you are above these ranges, don't bother going to the doctor, you will not get a script.

[attachment=24181]

3. Finding a doctor:

Your mission right now is to find a doctor who will write you a script. It is not to find a doctor who you plan on using for the rest of your life. Doctors understand liability, that’s why their malpractice insurance is so high. Once you have a prescription for testosterone from one doctor the other doctors will have no problem writing you the same prescription because their ass is covered. But it can be difficult for the initial doctor to write it. The key is to find that one doctor who will write it.

Option 1:

http://diversitybuilder.com/listings/index.html

Now this is the hard part to grasp, so get ready…. This website is for searching for doctors in your state who are friendly to gay people. I know it sounds stupid and alarms are going off on this forum, but listen to me and pay attention. If doctors are seeing gay patients on a regular basis, I promise there is whole lot of hormones being thrown around. If they give testosterone to a woman who wants to be a man, they will have no problem giving it to a straight male who has low levels of testosterone and wants to be in the normal range so he can feel vitality. Remember, the goal isn’t to find a doctor to manage your testosterone, it is to find a doctor who will write you a script and then leaving that doctor after 6 months and finding a very good urologist or endocrinologist to continue with your treatment for the rest of your life.

Option 2:

http://health.lef.org/InnovativeDoctors/

This is a search for an innovative doctor who beleives in vitality, staying young, etc... Don't be suprised if you see the same doctors as you found on the diversitybuilder website.

4. Cost.

Testosterone:

One 10ml vial of 200mg Testosterone Cyponate cost me $67.12 at Costco. The average prescription being written for most people is between 100mg per week to 200mg per week. If you take 100mg, the vial will last you 20 weeks. If you take 200mg, it will last you 10 weeks. That’s chump change. Being on testosterone is not expensive at all. If you go to a big pharmacy, always ask for Watson or Paddok brand.

When the doctor explains the testosterone options, find the one that is most suitable for you. I prefer injections, and do one injection per week. I would never use the cream or the gel. If the doctor recommends it, tell him you prefer the injections.

Needles:

Buying needles is legal in most states. I do not recommend buying them at the pharmacy because they overcharge tremendously, usually a quarter per needle. Go online and buy you a box of 100 count 21 gage syringes + needle combo and a box 100 count 25 gage needles. You’re going to draw the testosterone with the 21 gage needle and once it is in the chamber, you’re going to swap out the needle with a 25 gage. Don’t rely on the doctors to tell you this. You should pay around 40 bucks for all of this and have enough syringes and needles to last you for around 2 years.

5. Traveling:

I have traveled to all of Southeast Asia, Europe, Colombia, and Brazil with my testosterone and needles in my laptop bag. I have never had one problem. I have never been stopped. I have never been asked, “What’s this?” TSA says on their website to always travel with your medication and never to put it in your checked bag. Testosterone is not something that should be kept in cold temperatures because it will crash so NEVER put it in your checked bag. The box of testoterone that you get from the pharmacy will have a copy of your script on the box.

6. My regiment

I do 200mg a week of Test Cyp. I see my urologist one time a year. I pay 100 bucks out of pocket to see him. He writes me a script for 6 months, after 6 months, I can call him to get my refills. No problem.

I also get my PSA checked every year off privatemdlabs. Most urologist will also ask to see this.

I always take my lab results in to the doctor. I always wait 7 days after my injection to get my levels checked. If my levels are too high, I wait a few days and redo it. I never go to the doctor with my levels over 1000. I prefer him to my levels at 500 or so. I have never had a problem with taking my own lab results. If they question why I am bringing by lab results, I just tell them that I don't make much money and it's much cheaper for me to order them online.

Another way to find TRT friendly docs is to look up the compounding pharmacies in your area, call them up and ask if they can refer you to a TRT doc. This has worked well for me. Another thing people do is take their empty bottles of test with the prescription with them when they travel and refill them in countries where it's legal over the counter (and also way cheaper than in the US). You can also get a lower overall test results by eating lots of sugar morning of the test, not sleeping the night before, and fapping several times before the tests if you want a really low test result.

Good write up!

Linux,

I will go over this in detail later and will probably get tested in the next few months to start as I am knocking on 30.

Again thank you for delivering this! Ask and you shall receive, why RVF is great.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

Wait...you got on TRT when you were 21, or you just started cycling then?

"Me llaman el desaparecido
Que cuando llega ya se ha ido
Volando vengo, volando voy
Deprisa deprisa a rumbo perdido"

My 2 cents: TRT can be a great thing, but it is not a biological free lunch, there are risks and implications in addition to benefits. If your natural test is good enough, you probably don't want to scheme your way into TRT just because you can.
Also, you should probably get your sperm frozen if you may still want to have kids. TRT has a good risk of making you infertile. It is true that TRT caused infertility is usually correctable with cessation of TRT and treatment with HCG and clomid, etc....but the time frame can be variable/lengthy, and it is not 100%.
It also can increase risk and progression of balding, as well as skin issues.
TRT also appears to raise your risk long term of certain cardiovascular problems, although the purported link to prostate cancer risk now appears false.
I think the best approach for someone considering this is to discuss your situation with a competent endocrinologist to get legit medical advice, and not go to one of those testosterone therapy clinics, who have a financial interest in giving maximal TRT doses to as many paying clients as possible.
** I'm not anti testosterone...in my mid 20s I did a couple of cycles and they were positive experiences. I will probably do a 3rd cycle in another 6 months or year, once I'm back in shape and ready for it.

What about GH? Any tips?

Solution for Getting a Low Enough T Level to Get the Prescription

One of the problems with getting your first prescription is that many docs want to see a very low T level to prescribe replacement therapy. Testosterone advocates say that anything less that 600 is low, but many docs won't prescribe for a level over 350.

We all know you can raise your testosterone in the short term, by lifting, eating right, or being victorious. It is also possible to lower your testosterone in the short term, to get below 350, and get your script.

The solution is to do just the opposite of what you would do to raise testosterone naturally. Eat shitty carbs. Get drunk and stay up late, losing sleep. Just before the test, psych yourself out. You're a fuckup. Think of your worst faults, and realize how everyone is aware of them, and thinks badly of you over these shortcomings. Winning has been shown to create tremendous spikes in T levels. Losing or feeling like a loser lowers them.

I am currently taking T with a prescription. The first time I went in for the test, I tried to do this, and I still came out with about 640. I knew that with lifting, diet, etc., I sometimes have good T, but I was also certain that it wasn't consistently good, and it was almost never in the high range near 1000, where I want to be.

Anyway, I ate like shit, drank Red Bull and Vodkas to stay awake and generally wreck my body, then I went for another test, and came out with a level of 323. Got my prescription, and I've had high T every since.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

Can anyone explain the noticeable benefits they had from going from low/mid-range T levels (i.e. 400-500) to around 1000-1200 with TRT?

I'm not talking about something vague like, "I felt better". I'm looking for specifics:

Harder erections?
Higher sex drive?
Stronger in the gym?
Increased muscle mass?
More confidence and aggression?
More energy?
Better response from women?
More restful sleep?

Also wondering if there were any noticeable negative side effects, i.e.

Acne?
Balding?
Too much aggression?
Distraction from increased sex drive?
Other health problems?

I guess I'm just looking for a more detailed breakdown of how it affects you, because most of the feedback I've seen from guys is just that it makes them feel better/younger, which is obviously good, but I'm interested in the specifics.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Scorpion, this will answer all of your questions.

http://mnbody.com/pdf/A10-Preview.pdf

I hope it helps. It's only a preview but if you search around you can find this 800+ pages book on the internet and it will discuss everything. Just search for Anabolics by william llewellyn. For the purpose of this post, start with page 17 and read "Steroid Side Effects"

Quote: (01-19-2015 09:57 PM)LINUX Wrote:  

I hope it helps. It's only a preview but if you search around you can find this 800+ pages book on the internet and it will discuss everything. Just search for Anabolics by william llewellyn. For the purpose of this post, start with page 17 and read "Steroid Side Effects"

Good stuff but I'd want to know how it positively affected you.

Libido - is it like being 18 again?
Strength /Muscularity -did it give you a " bit of a "3d" look? Do you recover more easily , do you stay lean more easily?

Quote: (01-20-2015 12:37 AM)rhodey Wrote:  

Strength /Muscularity -did it give you a " bit of a "3d" look? Do you recover more easily , do you stay lean more easily?

Libidio -- On TRT I am constantly thinking about banging someone. When I take my vacations, I have no interest whatsoever in doing any sort of sightseeing. I never really leave the bedroom. In my final days in Medellin, I have been trying to have less sex and spend more time slamming beers with guys. It's been fun, but in the back of mind I am always thinking about sex. Having extremely high libido can be a downfall when it controls your life.

Strength /Muscularity- Genetics is the most important thing in the way you look. Yes, you're going to be more muscular , burn fat, and recover much faster but everyone on this board will look completely different. Everyone has an ideal weight where they look their best. I'm 5'11 and I've weighed anywhere from 145 - 225 lbs, always keeping my bodyfat under 10%. My ideal weight for attraction is 195 lbs, so I stick to that weight because currently my goal is strictly seeing how many women I can fuck. The healthiest I ever felt was around 180 lbs. The most intimating I ever looked was at 225 lbs, I would walk into a club and everyone would move out of my way when I walked by. Even though I controlled my estrogen, the amount of fullness in my face at 225 lbs made me much less attractive and my number of lays started slacking. If everyone on the board took the same amount of test, did the same workout plan, the same amount of high intensity cardio, and ate the same thing, we would all still look completely different from one another.

Does anyone know anything real about "William Llewellyn"???
I have heard about the anabolics book on different message boards, but I get the feeling he may be a bro scientist.
On his internet page he refers to himself as a "scientist" but lists no academic degrees, research projects, or peer reviewed papers, and says that he used to work in IT.
He is also heavily involved in the supplement industry.

Quote: (01-20-2015 06:51 AM)VolandoVengoVolandoVoy Wrote:  

but I get the feeling he may be a bro scientist.

Ha! I'm familiar with bro science, but somehow bro scientist hit me in the funny bone!

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

Quote: (01-20-2015 01:12 AM)LINUX Wrote:  

Quote: (01-20-2015 12:37 AM)rhodey Wrote:  

Libidio -- On TRT I am constantly thinking about banging someone. When I take my vacations, I have no interest whatsoever in doing any sort of sightseeing. I never really leave the bedroom. In my final days in Medellin, I have been trying to have less sex and spend more time slamming beers with guys. It's been fun, but in the back of mind I am always thinking about sex. Having extremely high libido can be a downfall when it controls your life.

Strength /Muscularity- Genetics is the most important thing in the way you look. Yes, you're going to be more muscular , burn fat, and recover much faster but everyone on this board will look completely different. Everyone has an ideal weight where they look their best. I'm 5'11 and I've weighed anywhere from 145 - 225 lbs, always keeping my bodyfat under 10%. My ideal weight for attraction is 195 lbs, so I stick to that weight because currently my goal is strictly seeing how many women I can fuck. The healthiest I ever felt was around 180 lbs. The most intimating I ever looked was at 225 lbs, I would walk into a club and everyone would move out of my way when I walked by. Even though I controlled my estrogen, the amount of fullness in my face at 225 lbs made me much less attractive and my number of lays started slacking. If everyone on the board took the same amount of test, did the same workout plan, the same amount of high intensity cardio, and ate the same thing, we would all still look completely different from one another.

Thanks LINUX. I'm in pretty good shape now but my T levels are not really that low @ 555. Really it's us in between guys that have to make that tough decision.

Great advice. Once I hit 30 I'll definitely try it.

If you live in NY, NJ, or MD you can't use privatemdlabs legally. In NY you have to buy the tests directly from the lab, which is what a rep from privatemdlabs told me when I asked why I couldn't buy from them.

There's a site directlabs.com that has the same testerone test that the OP listed. Or you could just use an out-of-state friend's mailing as your billing address.

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

One thing with the "Innovative Doctors" list is that for where I live, they're all anti-aging clinics. I've been to one of these and it was completely set up to get me in there once a week for my shot, at about $150/month, plus the labs. Anti aging medicine is really lucrative because it doesn't involve fucking around with insurance.

The anti-aging doc I saw did say they supplement with HCG which is supposed to counteract the gyno effects. Do you think that's necessary?

I had a convo with my regular doc and he agreed in principle to give me a shot to see whether I liked it. I'm thinking I should re-open the conversation and see if he'll be open to writing me a scrip. I'd have to learn how to do the needles, but if a million diabetics can figure out insulin, I can figure out testosterone.

Reference HCG, I just talked to my PA about that Monday. He wanted to start me on HCG because it's their protocol to do so after 8 weeks of TRT.

I told him I didnt want HCG because:

-My estradiol was 14 or so. No gyno or E side effects
-I banked enough healthy sperm for 9 kids at a cryo bank for $200/year. I dont care if my testes stop producing T.

He ended up concurring with me and figured if that was the case, we can skip HCG and just cruise on T alone. 150mg/wk test cyp btw.

Quote: (01-19-2015 06:30 PM)scorpion Wrote:  

Can anyone explain the noticeable benefits they had from going from low/mid-range T levels (i.e. 400-500) to around 1000-1200 with TRT?

I'm not talking about something vague like, "I felt better". I'm looking for specifics:

Harder erections?
Higher sex drive?
Stronger in the gym?
Increased muscle mass?
More confidence and aggression?
More energy?
Better response from women?

I would say yes to all of those. There are noticeable improvements in all of those areas, especially if your T has been actually low (which mine was). But the effect can be subtle; you will not feel like the incredible hulk. Definitely will have more energy to do things.

I am actually trying an experiment where I'm going DOWN in dose to alleviate some side effects. I'm at 100 mg/week, going down to about 66 mg/week. Will see if it makes any difference. I'm also on 0.5 mg/week of anastrazole to keep estrogen under control.

Quote:Quote:

Acne?
Balding?
Too much aggression?
Distraction from increased sex drive?
Other health problems?

Acne most definitely for me. Fairly substantial acne all over your back, shoulders, and upper chest. This is why I'm trying to move down in dose a bit to see if it makes any difference.

Balding no. Aggression no. I think these are TRT myths. No distraction from sex drive. I think sex drive is primarily determined by latent drive + your age. TRT will give you a bump, but not overly so in my experience.

Good write up, LINUX.

If guys are seriously considering TRT I would encourage you to take a look at running HCG with it.

TRT completely shut down your testes. But many don't think that's a good thing because producing testosterone is not the only thing they do. Here's a quick list from an article I'll post the link to below:

Why we need hCG:
1. IMPORTANT: To produce Pregnenelone; hCG activates the p450 side chain cleavage (p450scc) enzyme which converts cholesterol to Pregnenelone!!! (Read the link above, please.)
2. To produce the precursors for DHEA, Estrogen, Cortisol, Testosterone and DHT...back filling the pathways (See #1 above)
3. For proper and normal brain function
4. For proper functioning of the testicles
5. If men ever want to restart
6. If men ever want to have children
7. If men don't want balls that end up in a small mass of useless Collagen
8. The list goes on...

Respected TRT docs like John Crisler, Dr. Shippen and most TRT clinics nowadays like to run guys on HCG along with TRT (250-500iu 2-3x a week).

From their observations they think guys generally feel better on HCG across the board. I think I agree after researching it for some time.

http://www.excelmale.com/showthread.php?...ene-Devine
http://www.excelmale.com/showthread.php?...-Fertility

That forum seems pretty legit, the moderators know their shit, and actual TRT docs like Crisler engage. These docs work day in and out with TRT and the protocols.

With aromatase inhibitors be sure to use a sensitive estradial test before committing to AI use. Non-sensitive tests can lead to false high estrogen readings and prescriptions for AIs when you don't even need them. The long term effects of AI use on men are unknown and estrogen is a crucial hormone for health - you don't want to tank it.

You can read a good thread about it here: http://www.excelmale.com/showthread.php?...adiol-Test

Balding - if you're predisposed the possible rise in DHT can (probably will if you DHT rises enough - more likely with gels/cream than injects I read) make it happen faster. If you're not predisposed it doesn't seem to have an effect if you're doing TRT doses.

TRT is a big step. You really have to be willingly to take your health into your own hands, learn the labs, and spend time researching it. There's pinning, lab testing, adjusting for side effects, etc., that are a commitment. With that said, for the guys doing it right it can have huge impacts in nearly every part of their lives.

Can anyone in the DC area recommend a good TRT doc? PM me Thanks

"To be underestimated, is an incredible gift." Rackham

Is 30 sort of the general age when guys should start looking into this

Quote: (02-01-2015 09:52 AM)Chowder Head Wrote:  

Can anyone in the DC area recommend a good TRT doc? PM me Thanks

You can use a TRT clinic or a good endo.

Check this thread for links and info on them: http://www.excelmale.com/showthread.php?...nastrozole

That thread has both doc and TRT recommendations. If you don't have a good doc in your area drive or fly to one. You can do TRT clinics without ever visiting. You do the lab work and send results.

The easiest thing to do is get a full hormone panel and blood workup from Labcorp or a similar service. Then see if you actually do in fact have low T. If you're sub 400-500 total t the clinics will likely prescribe you. That lab work will tell you which way you can go.

If you go the endo or regular doc route often they want to see sub 300 numbers to prescribe and may want a more 'clinical' reason. The disadvantage of using regular docs or endos is that often their protocols are out of date or they do stupid shit like inject you in office every two weeks (you'll feel great for a week then have low t until you're next shot) and don't add HCG. Make sure you research your doc do ensure he knows the latest in TRT protocols and is tuned into the scene.

The advantage of getting a doc to prescribe is cost. You can buy your own from Costco or compound pharms once you have a script. If you go to a TRT clinic it's usually an all-in-one deal for around $200 a month. That includes labs, doc lab reviews, medicine, etc. So it ends up double the cost but is very easy to get prescribed if you're in that sub 400-500 group.

This is my understanding how to get TRT at the moment. Maybe others know more. Going the HIV doc route like the OP recommends is interesting. I do think in the long run getting a script from a regular doc/endo will save you tons. Of course you can just go ask around a gym, get gear there, and treat yourself too. The choice is yours.

Quote: (02-01-2015 08:14 PM)Brian Shima Wrote:  

Is 30 sort of the general age when guys should start looking into this

I would get a full hormone panel and blood work done and go from there. If you have symptoms of low T and your level is sub 400-500 then you might want to look into it. If you have a natural level that's north of 600-700 then it seems like more hassle than it's worth IMO. It's about $200-300 for a good test to put your mind at ease.

There are guys that have sub 200 T and are 19. Age is a factor, but some guys just have primary hypogonadism.

I just want to point out that there is not any hard scientific evidence that taking HCG during HRT or an athletic steroid cycle facilitates recovery later on.
HCG has been shown useful in treating hypogonadism and restoring fertility and natural test production, whatever its cause (steroid induced, genetic, environmental), but only when exogenous testosterone is not currently being taken.
The idea that adding this during treatment in small doses will somehow facilitate later recovery when treatment is stopped, has no controlled studies at all to support it.
It is an idea that has varying degrees of support in the bro science world of online steroid message boards, and which was championed by a Texas doctor who was an anesthesiologist by training, became a steroid fanatic and anti aging clinic owner, lost his medical license, and now gives online steroid recovery consultations.
It now seems that it has gained a foothold in the for profit, give your customers what they want world of anti aging/testosterone clinics.

Quote: (02-02-2015 06:49 AM)VolandoVengoVolandoVoy Wrote:  

I just want to point out that there is not any hard scientific evidence that taking HCG during HRT or an athletic steroid cycle facilitates recovery later on.
HCG has been shown useful in treating hypogonadism and restoring fertility and natural test production, whatever its cause (steroid induced, genetic, environmental), but only when exogenous testosterone is not currently being taken.
The idea that adding this during treatment in small doses will somehow facilitate later recovery when treatment is stopped, has no controlled studies at all to support it.
It is an idea that has varying degrees of support in the bro science world of online steroid message boards, and which was championed by a Texas doctor who was an anesthesiologist by training, became a steroid fanatic and anti aging clinic owner, lost his medical license, and now gives online steroid recovery consultations.
It now seems that it has gained a foothold in the for profit, give your customers what they want world of anti aging/testosterone clinics.

Man, take a deep breath. I'm not sure why you're so hostile to its use. Your anecdote about this 'texas doc' isn't helpful. There are many, many real endos/docs that support it's use. That's an easily provable fact. TRT with HCG is not 'bro science'.

But here's where you are really wrong:

There are 2 studies that have shown that using HCG while on TRT keeps guys fertile and keeps natural test production going, along with all the other benefits of keeping your LH, Pregnenelone, and much more functioning while on TRT. These studies completely contradict your position:

http://www.excelmale.com/showthread.php?...=lipshultz

Here's the punchline in case you don't want to read them:

Testosterone+ HCG Preserves Healthy Sperm in Men on Testosterone Replacement Therapy (Injections and gels)
Conclusions: Low dose human chorionic gonadotropin appears to maintain semen parameters in hypogonadal men on testosterone replacement therapy. Concurrent testosterone replacement and human chorionic gonadotropin use may preserve fertility in hypogonadal males who desire fertility preservation while on testosterone replacement therapy.

I think I'll keep my testes functioning, thanks.

HCG does in fact 'facilitates recovery later on' too. It's used as part of a protocol along with other drugs if guys want to get off TRT. It's use also has shown to make getting off TRT easier because your balls are already making T.

Also, using HCG alone for hypogonadism is something some endos do, but generally never works as well has TEST+HCG for known and unknown reasons. Most docs with the best reps don't do it.

Your 'money grab' angle is off the mark too I feel. You can get a script and buy it from a compound phram for $100 or less for 10,000iu. How are docs making a killing from that?

I could go on but it's likely a waste of time. I read the Killface thread.

Hopefully guys can do the research and take an educated look at using HCG with TRT - and keep an open mind about it.

The studies show it's helpful and again, doctors that work day in and out with patients see the benefits firsthand (to me this is at least as important as the studies - 80% of medical studies are not repeatable).