rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Which video editing software?

Hi guys, does anyone know a video editing software that will allow me to create videos like this guitar tutorial? Where there are multiple frames and also a graphic on the bottom?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHgOtQR-MII

Thanks!

Adobe premier is the industry standard.

SPAM

GoPro studio is supposed to be pretty good and its free.

I ended up buying some $100 video editing software. Its said it was free to use to make a video so I spent like 3 or 4 hours making a video. Then I went to post it on youtube or publish it and I couldn't do it unless I upgraded... I was bamboozled! It starts with "A" I dont even remember what it is now.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

+1 Adobe Premiere. The software is incredible (albeit with quite a steep learning curve due to how much it can do).

I paid for the membership to the Adobe Creative Suite when I needed to get some work done. It's much more affordable than the old days when Adobe's software cost a ton. If you are limited in your funds right now you can probably download an older version of Premiere for a very reasonable price indeed. [Image: angel.gif]

Quote: (01-15-2015 10:44 AM)The Great Basilisk Wrote:  

Adobe premier is the industry standard.

+1 been using it for 5 years now, once you learn the basics you can edit something rather quickly and anything you want to LEARN just do a quick search as you go.

That said, it can get really advanced with the usage of labels, markings, multi screens (to see how 2 or more clips would look on the same timeline)

P.S...If you have a Mac then Final Cut Pro

+1 for Premiere as well. You can rent the whole suite for $30 a month via the new Adobe cloud service. (can cancel whenever as well)

Choose your next witticism carefully Mr Bond, it may be your last.

its really precious seeing your rodent wheel excuses for brains spin endlessly

Or if you don't need all the bells and whistes buying Premiere Elements will work just fine (it's cheaper).

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

OP, to be honest you may get additional input from another forum that specializes in this matter. An underrated editing platform is Sony Vegas and you can find it pretty cheaply yet it does do a great deal of stuff. I only mention this if money is an issue.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

I'm reviving this thread because I need advice on this same subject.

For years, I've worked with a version of Windows Movie Maker 2.6 -- I've added downloadable effects and the like to it. I like its timeline/storyboard layout. But the program is pretty basic freeware and I've outgrown it.

Does anyone know of a program that uses the template of Movie Maker 2.6 but has a few more bells and whistles?

I downloaded another freeware program called Blender, but find it way too involved and complex. Is there an intermediate step here? Something for people who are good at this, but don't have a background in whatever you need to grasp the complexities of Blender?

Thanks in advance.

Blender is a 3D software. Go with Adobe Premier and After effects if you want effects also. You can pirate them if you don't want to pay.

@DoBA

I used to use a program called Magix Movie Edit Pro, it's about $100. It's a lot more advanced than Windows Movie Maker, but not as involved as Adobe's software. You might be able to download a free trial to see if you like the interface etc. There are other programs like it in the same price bracket. But if you plan on doing a lot of video editing into the future, probably best just go with Adobe and take on the learning curve.

I've got a decade worth of experience in blender, but for 3d modelling. Premier is better for editing, and aftereffects is decent for composting of effects and color corrections. I've heard good things about Nuke in that regards as well.

Blender is a favorite of mine, since its always been low system resource and very fast for modelling, compared to Maya and 3d studio Max.

Used to use Sony Vegas a few years ago. Does quite a lot, and it was quite simple to intuitively pick up the editing skills. I remember a cracked torrent version floating around as well.