rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Gaming within alternative subcultures

A few months back there was a thread on guys who like metal, which set me thinking about this particular subject. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I imagine I am going to be in the minority in this area. If indeed I am wrong, then let's hear from you! It'd be interesting to get a general discussion going about this.

I have long hair, piercings, I'm a fairly typical goth/metal looking guy. Girls place me in the "tall dark and handsome" end of this spectrum, which gives me some advantage, however guys like me are a dime a dozen as much as slutty goth chicks in corsets and fake dreads with too high an opinion of themselves. What I'm interested in discussing is game within those kind of subcultures and how it works, what the differences are (if any) between that and mainstream or more "normal" culture. This is my niche, and as a rule more "normal" chicks don't really enter my life in this way, though I get the impression some of them get turned on by what (to them) is an outlandish/perhaps even intimidating appearance of someone like myself.

I'm fairly well versed in what the females in these scenes are like. Many of them are the epitome of what sites like this teach us to look out for.: mega sluts, attention whores, pierced and tatted up to the nines (though I do have piercings myself I have no tattoos), foul attitude, etc etc. The best looking ones are of course the most stuck up. Frustratingly I have a thing for this kind of aesthetic. Then you get the more normal "girlfriendy" types that are always hanging off the arm of some dude at gigs and clubs, and so on. You also get the godawful (and usually overweight) ones that try and act like one of the dudes. There are various different kinds essentially.

Are we to assume that the same principles apply at all times? Is the difference that great I wonder, or is it a sort of "same shit, different colour" thing. Metal scenes generally operate along more normal lines, in my experience. Goth scenes however, with their links to fetish culture and so on, where sexual relations can be quite different to the norm, seem to work a little differently. I know there are people interested in BDSM and so on here on the forum. So, what are your opinions?

"As wolves among sheep we have wandered"

The rules of game apply to whatever subculture you're gaming in. The keyword here is "game" and "gaming". The rules of the game remains the same wherever you go. To quote an analogy; playing tennis on clay vs grass. The rules are the same, your technique varies though.

Essentially a subculture is basically something you have in common, like a common hobby/ having the same ethnicity. Game on brother,

step 1: be in a band
step 2: crush pussy on the regular