rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Stock Market 2015

Stock Market 2015

Year is coming to a close.
Its time to look into 2015

* I got a invite to Robinhood( requested back in march)
I forgot about it till now.
Does anyone else have access to this app.
I don't have an iphone..And they havent dropped the Android app yet.
Im trying to download the app on my ipad.

Ps. Once you get access..you get 3 priority invites to send to friends.
If anyone already had stake in the market and wants to trade with Robinhood. PM me and i might be able to give you a priority invite.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/halahtouryal...ttle-cash/

info here ^^

My stocks took a dip this year.. came back.. and have jumped up in the last couple weeks.

I am the cock carousel

Stock Market 2015

In 2015, I am going to open up a trading account and invest for the first time. I have basic knowledge, a good mathematics brain, and a father who spent most of his career trading. Other than that I'm going in very raw.

Where do you suggest I begin? I suppose I should only be putting in money I can afford to lose which in my case will be about $2,000 initially, and then increasing throughout the year (I have about $1500 p/month 'disposable' income which I could continue investing). I'm thinking about just diving in and learning as I go, unless that is a sure way to lose my money? What are the first things to look at in a company to write them off as long term investments? Ideally I want 5% return over 5-10 years and my money easily accessible after that period.

Stock Market 2015

Quote: (12-21-2014 10:08 AM)big poppa Wrote:  

In 2015, I am going to open up a trading account and invest for the first time. I have basic knowledge, a good mathematics brain, and a father who spent most of his career trading. Other than that I'm going in very raw.

Where do you suggest I begin? I suppose I should only be putting in money I can afford to lose which in my case will be about $2,000 initially, and then increasing throughout the year (I have about $1500 p/month 'disposable' income which I could continue investing). I'm thinking about just diving in and learning as I go, unless that is a sure way to lose my money? What are the first things to look at in a company to write them off as long term investments? Ideally I want 5% return over 5-10 years and my money easily accessible after that period.

My advice after loosing 3000$: Open a demo account first and only trade real money when you know how.

There is no point throwing away good money. I am learning trading for a little over a year now, every day all day, and I i just got to be starting to be profitable. Prepare for a long and bumby road, but it is worth it, at least for me. I want to have an independent income, and leave the corporate slavery.

Deus vult!

Stock Market 2015

A lot of people recommend reading the Intelligent Investor. Personally, I recommend reading Zero Hedge. If you read half a year's worth of articles and understand them, you'll be a lot better equipped to play the game.

Shit's chess, not checkers.

Edit: On the topic of speculation ideas, NYSE:SJB. If oil stays at its current price level or falls lower, junk bonds will be the first to hit the fan.

Stock Market 2015

My strategy is to make investing as easy as possible.

My 401k is with Fidelaty. Naturally, I wanted to use them for personal portfolio to keep everything in one place.

Next I needed to choose stocks. After a lot of reading I decided it was easier to go with a bogglehead mindset and get into an index fund: FUSEX or FUSVX
Note: These are Fidelity Spartan 500 index funds.

My strategy is to buy monthly and hold unless market trends start going bad.

How do I know when the market is about to take a dump? (Obviously I don't know 100%)
-I watch this channel weekly: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_ywfvI...uZt33y7QYQ
-I also read Jeff Millers articles on Seeking Alpha weekly (and others that seem interesting): http://seekingalpha.com/author/jeff-miller
(see his Weighing The Week Ahead articles that come out on weekends)

So, there you have it. I keep everything centralized on one website and use their index funds. I read/watch 1 hour worth of content a week. It's a very hands off approach.

Stock Market 2015

Glad to be apart of this 2k15 stock market thread. Personallity i made a lot of money in the stock market (5k) its alot to me at least. the problem is i keep spending money invested. I feel instead of loosing it why not spend it? however recently been on a loosing streak due to trying "new" things against my formula. Bad idea and now kinda stuck in the slow lane until i receive money from my savings to start up my margins again so I can get the compounding effects of day trading. all again... dislike slow lane . its very discouraging.

Adam says to God, "God, why did you make women so soft ?"
God says, "So that you will like them."
Adam says to God, "God, why did you make women so warm and cuddly?"
Adam says to God, "But, God, why did you make them so stupid?"
God says, "So that they will like you"

Stock Market 2015

Quote: (12-22-2014 02:13 AM)Ibagemyoutagem Wrote:  

Glad to be apart of this 2k15 stock market thread. Personallity i made a lot of money in the stock market (5k) its alot to me at least. the problem is i keep spending money invested. I feel instead of loosing it why not spend it? however recently been on a loosing streak due to trying "new" things against my formula. Bad idea and now kinda stuck in the slow lane until i receive money from my savings to start up my margins again so I can get the compounding effects of day trading. all again... dislike slow lane . its very discouraging.

Most people spend money on depreciating assets instead of appreciating assets.

You are spending the money.
IMO, don't be like most people

Stock Market 2015

Best way to fuck yourself:

Following the advice of ZeroHedge.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Stock Market 2015

^^ Dude that has no stocks

I am the cock carousel

Stock Market 2015

^^

[Image: jordan.gif]

Let me know when you finally get your paycheck.

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Stock Market 2015

Oil and forex markets are going to be interesting in 2015.

Bloomberg put out a potential 2015 conflict/hot zone article. Decent insight, but definitely a pessimistic view.

Stock Market 2015

Quote: (12-22-2014 09:33 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

Best way to fuck yourself:

Following the advice of ZeroHedge.

German Jews that dipped in 1938 were accused of being paranoid. Nothing's wrong - we've been persecuted before! Everyone laughed at those who warned of a growing problem in MBSs in 2006. Houses always rise in value! And the securities are rated triple quadruple AAAAAAA++++++!

Granted, some apocalypse-leaning ZH articles are a bit over-the-top (full disclosure: I own zero gold, paper or physical). But their general thesis is spot on. I'm somewhat curious as to which parts you disagree with.

Stock Market 2015

I bought $100 worth of a stock that was $1 per share back in 2006, other than that I know nothing about investing. That stock? Slowly inched it's way up to $9 per share, but I'd like to invest in something a little quicker...

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Stock Market 2015

You posted an annualized return of 31.61% and you want something quicker?

Vegas is open 24/7.

Stock Market 2015

I'm more sorry that I didn't buy $1000 worth.

Team visible roots
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Stock Market 2015

Would you have been sorry for not buying $1000 worth if the shares fell to one penny a piece?

Stock Market 2015

That would suck. Before I would sink a grand of my savings though it'd have to be a pretty good bet. I assume we're all going to give tips here right?

Team visible roots

Stock Market 2015

Quote: (12-23-2014 02:36 PM)DJ-Matt Wrote:  

That would suck. Before I would sink a grand of my savings though it'd have to be a pretty good bet. I assume we're all going to give tips here right?

In my opinion, if you want bigger returns you need to take the market more serious and being looking at if often. possibly day trading. Its what I do but from my experience , don't watch a stock ever second, it tends to cloud judgement of the bigger picture.

Adam says to God, "God, why did you make women so soft ?"
Adam says to God, "God, why did you make women so warm and cuddly?"
Adam says to God, "But, God, why did you make them so stupid?"
God says, "So that they will like you"

Stock Market 2015

That robinhood thing is badass, I could trade constantly and not break the bank. Wonder if we could refer each other and get in earlier?

Team visible roots

Stock Market 2015

That robinhood thing seems pretty sweet, I hated paying the $7 per trade before I became a fed and had TSP access. My approach is much like Moreless, the easier the better. Bogleheads is a great place to read and get advice about investment strategies. Good luck this year boys!

Stock Market 2015

Quote: (12-23-2014 01:13 AM)Peregrine Wrote:  

I'm somewhat curious as to which parts you disagree with.

Pretty much all the doom and gloom shit. The got the MSBs right but apart from there it's no different than a financial Gawker with keyboard jockeys.

In other news, those chevron stocks were a good bet. Along with XOM, BP, and Shell. From 81 to 93 in 8 days!

Stock Market 2015

did you buy in?

I am the cock carousel

Stock Market 2015

Quote: (12-24-2014 07:44 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

Quote: (12-23-2014 01:13 AM)Peregrine Wrote:  

I'm somewhat curious as to which parts you disagree with.

Pretty much all the doom and gloom shit. The got the MSBs right but apart from there it's no different than a financial Gawker with keyboard jockeys.

In other news, those chevron stocks were a good bet. Along with XOM, BP, and Shell. From 81 to 93 in 8 days!

You think it's going to be smooth sailing from now 'til eternity? I'm not saying the world's fucked, buy gold and guns and find a bunker. I'm a young guy so I'm sure I'll live to see some great times backed by a fundamentally strong economy (not necessarily in America). But some serious shit is due to go down in the near future (within five years, 10 max). Those who aren't prepared will be in for a lot of pain.

Suit yourself. We'll see who's right one way or another. Hopefully I'm wrong (even though I personally gain in more ways than one if things go sour).

Stock Market 2015

I signed up for Robinhood -- can't wait to get that access.

I'm definitely jumping in the market again in 2015. I made about 14.35% (gross) return in 2014.

Will be watching this thread closely.

Stock Market 2015

Interactive Brokers is only $1 trade and has lots of tools, while you're waiting for robin hood

$10,000 account balance min.

http://www.interactivebrokers.com