rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ireland Vacation

Ireland Vacation

I plan on visiting Ireland this coming Summer and I was wondering if anyone knew the cities that had the least amount of Americans/Tourists? I'm American and I wanted to go somewhere that wasnt too touristic but still be able to party hard. Any reccommendations? Im sure Dublin gets a lot of Americans during the Summer months.

Ireland Vacation

Dublin is absolutely filled with American pretty much all year. Other places with fewer would be Belfast, Cork and Galway. These also are university places as well. One thing Dublin does have is a lot of Spanish exchange students (at least it did when I lived there). They tend to go around in big groups though (+10).

Ireland Vacation

I'd second Galway, it has great nightlife. I didn't see any Americans when I was there.

Ireland Vacation

Quote: (12-19-2014 08:07 AM)mcgooie Wrote:  

Dublin is absolutely filled with American pretty much all year. Other places with fewer would be Belfast, Cork and Galway. These also are university places as well. One thing Dublin does have is a lot of Spanish exchange students (at least it did when I lived there). They tend to go around in big groups though (+10).

Spoken for truth. When I was in Dublin I thought my plane was re-routed to Boston: an American city with a lot of Irish people. Stay away at all costs if you are trying to avoid Americans.

But stop by for a day or two to visit the Guiness factory.

Ireland Vacation

You need to remember that Ireland is a tiny country; even Dublin itself is really very small.

I always find that within a few days of being "home" I'm bored out of my mind and want to get back to the UK pronto.

Ireland Vacation

Alright perfect! I guess ill spend most of my time in Galway. I'll probably visit Dublin just to check out the Guiness factory. But the reason why i want to avoid Americans is because I am a Black American and i want to go somewhere in Ireland where i would be interesting, if its possible, lol.

Ireland Vacation

Quote: (12-19-2014 09:34 AM)gjauguste Wrote:  

Alright perfect! I guess ill spend most of my time in Galway. I'll probably visit Dublin just to check out the Guiness factory. But the reason why i want to avoid Americans is because I am a Black American and i want to go somewhere in Ireland where i would be interesting, if its possible, lol.

No reason why you can't see everywhere. Ireland ain't too big as has been previously said, you can go right across the country from Dublin to Galway, in two hours.

Galway is definitely a great spot, it's where I eventually hope to retire one day.

Has the nicest women in Ireland too. Though that really isn't saying a whole lot...

Ireland Vacation

Cool, i guess ill just hit Cork, Galway and Dublin if the trips are so short. But u definitely got my attention by saying Galway has the nicest women.

Ireland Vacation

Find the saw doctors and tell them to start touring again while your there. Thanks.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Ireland Vacation

Saw doctors? I dont get it

Ireland Vacation

Quote: (12-19-2014 10:07 AM)gjauguste Wrote:  

Saw doctors? I dont get it

These bunch of paddywhackers..

Ireland Vacation

lol! if i say i listen to them, will it be easier to pull an Irish chick?

Ireland Vacation

Quote: (12-19-2014 10:30 AM)gjauguste Wrote:  

lol! if i say i listen to them, will it be easier to pull an Irish chick?

hehe..not unless she's a 45 year old "culchie" (someone not from Dublin) single mother. Maybe, just maybe then..

Gaming Irish chicks is tough. We've all the same problems the US faces with feminism, obesity and snarky attitudes, not to mention some residual Catholic guilt also.

Although if you're a black American, you might do well due to the novelty factor. Good luck!

Ireland Vacation

A more contemporary one would be 'Rubber Bandits'.
Even the younger chicks will know who they are.
@davyjose agreed!

Ireland Vacation

Agree also with earlier posters, Galway would be my favourite city in Ireland cos it has just as many good places to go out as Dublin but is way way more friendly and laid back and prices are a bit cheaper than Dublin.
Plus it's relatively compact, you can walk everywhere pretty much.

Ireland Vacation

lol, damn. I didnt know Ireland was so close to America in that sense. Shit, looks like ill have some work to do, but i do love the irish accent and i'd like to experience a real irish woman. Trying to get that flag.

Ireland Vacation

Quote: (12-19-2014 10:56 AM)gjauguste Wrote:  

lol, damn. I didnt know Ireland was so close to America in that sense. Shit, looks like ill have some work to do, but i do love the irish accent and i'd like to experience a real irish woman. Trying to get that flag.

Yeah unfortunately it's no different to anywhere else in the English speaking world. Same shit, different country.

Like I said I think you'll do well because of your novelty factor, the same way that us Irish do well in the States/Canada, even in places like SF and Toronto which are typically regarded as tough.

Are you going to be rolling solo?

Ireland Vacation

Yeah ill be solo, down for a wingman though if anyone stays in the area

Ireland Vacation

There are a couple of threads on Dublin/Ireland you should find useful:

This one is in general good:
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-10877....ght=dublin

The OP in this is highly questionable but theres quite a decent debate afterwards in the thread:
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-28021....ght=dublin

In general, any large town or city in Ireland (including Galway) will have a large amount of Americans - you won't be a novelty in the slightest because of your nationality. Ireland is still extremely white (95%+ in the most recent census) though, so you should be able to use your blackness as a useful novelty.

Ireland Vacation

Thanks!

Ireland Vacation

Those threads makes me want to visit Scotland instead

Ireland Vacation

Quote: (12-19-2014 12:59 PM)gjauguste Wrote:  

Those threads makes me want to visit Scotland instead

It's a shame you're going in the summer, we'll be missing each other (I'm planning a trip for this fall then gonna try to swing over to Germany for Oktoberfest, which is why I timed it for that month). Honestly it wouldn't hurt to do both if you have the $$$$.

Ireland Vacation

Wont be able to, i wont have the vacation time around then

Ireland Vacation

Rent a car - buses are trains are quite annoying and a lot of the best spots are hard to reach.
Travel down the west coast from Donegal down to Kerry and back around to Cork.
Look out for festivals, not like a organised music festival but local things like seafood, arts or culture.
Kerry has quite a few later in the summer: puck fair, Charlie Chaplin festival, rose of tralee etc.
Use tinder- its quite popular back home. Clearly state you are from abroad it will help.
Try hit up smaller but busy pubs rather than nightclubs. Go for broke at the 'chipped' if you dont pull.
Best spots are Galway (Spanish arch area), Kerry and Cork City. Nice scenic spots are West of Galway, Clare (cliffs of mohar and lahinch - good surf party town) and the ring of kerry including Valentia Island and Dingle (lots of girls).

Be talkative, dont be on your phone and dont be afraid to roll solo. If you smoke thats a huge plus as smoking areas in Ireland are the best spot for pick up. Tease hard and be cocky, on the dance floor escalate and go for broke. Irish girls are very flakey so dont bother with numbers unless its day game and you are meet in her that night. Hostels are good for meeting girls and nowhere will care if you have a nice room or not. If you want higher spec nightclubs cork and galway, if you want rural mischief then kerry and clare and galway also.

Dress sharp but dont rock a suit. Try do group activities like surf lessons or walking tours to meet a few girls. Hitch hiking is popular enough too.

Best of luck.

Ireland Vacation

Also if you ever get invited to a house party or semi private event go for sure. Best event for pickup and also a great way to meet people and have some crazy stories no doubt. Guys are friendly too if you have any social skills. Guys should help you hook up if you can make some friends. I did anyway with foreign guys who were chill.