rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

PSA: I pulled a massive tapeworm out of myself

Warning - if you are squeamish you may want to skip the third paragraph. Since we all travel a lot I thought I should post this on here. During travel sometimes we get sick, have diarrhea and what not, but don't think much of it. I know my biggest concerns traveling is some sort of STD but again they are curable for the most part. Something like this however, at least initially to me prior to realizing it is not that serious was shocking to me. Essentially, I had no idea whatsoever I had a tapeworm growing inside me, for really who knows what period of time.

About a week ago I started having some stomach pains and nausea, but no diarrhea or vomiting or other effects. It was a cramping, knotting feeling that would come and go at random times. I constantly had the feeling I wanted to throw up, including a watery mouth but never did. The best way I can describe it is if you have ever been really hungover after a day of drinking, and then vomited, how you feel AFTER you vomit is what I felt like, again on and off.

Skip this if squeamish!!! Fast forward to yesterday, and after lunch I get a weird urgent diarrhea feeling. I go take a shit, and when I'm done I start to wipe and notice a foot long string or noodle hanging out of my asshole. What the fuck I think. I try to wipe it out and it is stuck. I think I may have ingested some rope or maybe some noodle from the night before as I had pad thai? So I pull it, and it keeps coming. And coming. It's fucking endless and it is the weirdest feeling pulling something out of your asshole. Then I realize...it's a fucking tapeworm! [Image: confused.gif] I keep pulling and get about 4-5 feet out (I'm not exaggerating), start sweating out of nervousness and call a relative who is in med school and my doctor. They calm me down and say it sounds just like a tapeworm. I finally pull it to a point where it breaks and I clean up and exit the bathroom, saving a piece of the tapeworm (about a foot's length) to take into the doc.

Eventually I get the doc on the phone and am told not to worry too much, to bring in the tapeworm sample, and given it's description it is likely from eating undercooked or raw fish from Scandanavia, the Baltics or Western Russia. When I do google research the tapeworm that came out of me matches the fish kind and coincides with those regions. Well I was just in Estonia in August...

But then I realized I have had a hard time putting on any weight whatsoever in a few years. How long have I had this thing??? I was in Russia the year before and in Scandinavia and Russia the year before that. I just pulled 4+ feet out of myself before it broke off, so who knows how much more is in there and thus how long and big the tapeworm actually is.

Went to the doc today and they took stool samples to confirm, but looking at it they were almost certain it was the fish kind from the areas mentioned. Prescribed me the drug you take in one dose, said it will kill it all and you will shit it out, and it may be uncomfortable for a few days. Lovely. Overall though, not a big deal since it doesn't seem to have any long lasting effects going forward...now that I found out about it.

I'll keep you guys updated, but just wanted to give you guys a heads up. This is hardly anything to really worry about, but at the same time should not be glanced over. If you've been traveling and have had stomach issues, keep this in mind. Was waiting to see what the doc said today before posting and letting others know. So now I let my buddies know that I was traveling with, in case they want to get checked out since I we at least had some of the same meals together.

Oh, and of course this will not in the slightest sense ever stop me from traveling again. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Jesus christ that sound scary as shit.

Glad you're okay man.

Thanks, yeah I'm fine and after this one dose of medicine all should be good.

It's a lot scarier than it actually is. To pull a fucking 4 foot plus worm out of your asshole is unnerving to say the least.

[Image: thumb_thisthreadisworthlesswithoutp.gif]

Take care of those titties for me.

Quote: (11-05-2014 06:01 PM)Dusty Wrote:  

Be careful what you ask for, I do have pics actually...

Quote: (11-05-2014 06:02 PM)slubu Wrote:  

Be careful what you ask for, I do have pics actually...

[Image: clint_ew.gif]

Take care of those titties for me.

Jesus Christ, that sounds like something out of a horror movie...

So you were on the phone with your doctor with a four-foot long tapeworm hanging out of your ass? Maybe a dark comedy actually

Gives a new perspective on the recent analingus thread.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Quote: (11-05-2014 06:11 PM)RawGod Wrote:  

Gives a new perspective on the recent analingus thread.

Imagine something shooting out and biting you. Anus dentatus.

Slubu you're lucky its "only" a tapeworm and you were or are the host

Crazy story. I'm all too familiar with tapeworms inside as I dealt with them for years as my son who had a hard time getting rid of them even with antibiotics.

Damn, it's like a car crash you don't want to see it but I am curious what it looks like.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Slubu eats too much pussy lol. My cat had it from eating something..probably pussy also lol

He got it in Ukraine, maybe so did you?

Good old tapeworm!

It's not up there with Malaria and Dengue but pulling a worm over a feet long from inside you freaks anybody out.

When I was a child, I caught a fish that had a tapeworm. We found out when we opened it. Didn't eat it in case you are wondering.

I can't even right now.

I am the cock carousel

[Image: shutterstock116330686.jpg?itok=soc1UtJt]

A tapeworm's "face" :

[Image: GP2104.jpg]

Wow, looks like something from another planet.

That's some nasty shit, good to hear you have now relieved yourself. I eat smoked salmon all the time, can tapeworm be in those? What treatment is given?

A lot of coral and reef fish have tons of parasites. The whole thing can sometimes be completely infested if you were to filet it fresh and look at it with a magnifying glass. It's not uncommon and they have a process to clean it before it hits the supermarket usually. However, in some filthy EE restaurant kitchen who knows what you are getting.

Here are examples of worms seen in costco fish.

Just be thankful you didn't eat wild boar and get trichinosis or something that can be near chronic.

There are much worse things than tapeworms

Be glad that the worse thing you have caught

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Damn, scary shit, since I eat ALOT of fish.... from Costco......

Glad you are ok man.

Quote:Quote:

There are much worse things than tapeworms

Be glad that the worse thing you have caught

I am not doubting this statement, but any examples?

Quote: (11-05-2014 08:34 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

It's not a big deal as long as you aren't eating homemade sashimi with fish you aren't really supposed to do that with. Cooking it normally kills all the (bad) parasites.

I don't know if this is always true but eating lots of ginger, natural chili, and garlic helps purge your body of these parasites too.

In American restaurants, there's no such thing as raw fish, with the exception of tuna. Fish is required to be frozen or cooked before serving, else there may be parasites in the fish. If you're eating "raw" fish, you don't want to hear that it has never been frozen.

I'm guessing Slubu ate some raw fish that was never or improperly frozen.

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/08/nyregi...reeze.html

Quote: (11-05-2014 08:38 PM)El Chinito loco Wrote:  

Quote: (11-05-2014 08:34 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

It's not a big deal as long as you aren't eating homemade sashimi with fish you aren't really supposed to do that with. Cooking it normally kills all the (bad) parasites.

I don't know if this is always true but eating lots of ginger, natural chili, and garlic helps purge your body of these parasites too.

I literally fucking do this almost every weekend for the past month or two with my Dad. We love getting sashimi, mostly farm-raised Salmon, sometimes some Tuna. I'm guessing farm-raised is alright as that's generally the point, to eliminate parasites etc.

Funny though as after the picture I wasn't going to keep reading, when I read your comment I almost shit myself (get it?)

I have often wondered if there could be a way too genetically engineer a tapeworm to help you lose weight safely. Just kidding. Mostly