rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best of Tinder: Tactics, Advice, Best Posts and FAQs

The idea for this thread goes to redbeard, and it will be based on my own experience and those of other forum members who have posted in the original Tinder thread. In brief, I cover:

Tactics- Including openers and meetup strategy
Advice- Profile pictures and timing
Best Posts- The best individual posts with credits
FAQs- How to fake location

Tactics

I'll go through tactics in a chronological order as you would when going through the whole tinder 'process' from the swipe to the bang. The sections will be openers, initial chat on tinder, the switch to text, text game and meetup strategy following on to the bang.

Openers- If you match with a chick on tinder, it almost always means that she already has some kind of attraction to you as broads don't usually mass swipe, they actually pick who they like. This is good for guys with good online game, as a good opener and rapport can lead to at least a date. A good opener to use is the "let me guess..." line roosh suggests using in Bang. It is good to use as you can make girls qualify themselves if you use a less than complimentary "let me guess..." line. It also gives you a starting subject to talk about, which makes her feel more comfortable when talking to you. Overall, questions are a very good way to open a chick on tinder, another example is "If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 things would you bring?". A sexualised openere is "You look like trouble".

Initial chat on Tinder- Once you have successfully opened your tinder match, there are two options for you to choose from. If from your well-crafted opener you get the sense she's pretty DTF, then just go direct straight away. Make your intentions clear with a cheeky sexualised message, and then gauge the response to establish her position. However, if from you opener you aren't sure she's DTF, then it may be wise to ask her a few more questions. Eventually you're going to have to go direct on her anyway, but going direct not immediately may make the broad feel more comfortable and less rushed.

The switch to text- The general consensus from forum users who use Tinder, and from my own experience, is that the sooner you switch to text, the better. I believe that once you switch to text, girls will mentally differentiate you to the guys they talk to on Tinder. It's a lot more personal and more permanent than the craze of Tinder. Furthermore, you can use a line to suggest switching to text as a DHV. For example, saying "we should text because there are too many messages on this thing" firstly gives the impression that you are laid back about the whole thing, and not some desperate orbiter who's talking to his monthly match. It also implies that you have other girls messaging you on it, which is social proof that you have a high SMV for most girls. Finally, the switch to text is important as I've observed that girls flake a lot less when you are texting them instead of using Tinder's messenger.

Meetup Strategy- You should be pushing any Tinder match towards a date straight away, whether on text (preferable) or the Tinder messenger. Since Tinder has quite a not-so-serious vibe, restaurant dates may be seen as a little too over the top, so stick to bar (or at a stretch tapas) dates. A tactic that can be used to get the chick at your place for the date (always preferable, saves you the effort of trying to get them there later) is the late switch of location. This is how it would typically go: Thursday- Discover hot chick as a match on tinder, send initial opener. Sunday- Should have switched to text by now, suggest a bar date Tuesday evening (leave out details though). Tuesday- At around noon, text her saying "I think it would be easier/better to meet at my place for drinks". She will usually reply confused, you should then ring her and finalise the details for meeting at yours, always assuming the sale.

The Bang- It has been noted that most Tinder girls are pretty DTF, so getting the bang shouldn't be a problem. You should try to add her to your rotation, so make sure the sex is good to keep her coming back.

Advice

In this section I will discuss things you can do to increase your matches and success.

Profile Picture- As the only indication of your value that broads have to go off on Tinder is your appearance, your profile picture must show as many DHVs as possible. The two most popular types of profile picture among forum members is the suited down pic and the shirtless pic. I'm not saying you have to choose one of these two styles of photo as your profile picture, but I would recommend using one of them. The suited down photo shows to girls that you are well-dressed, have a good job and that you are clean and professional. The shirtless picture shows your alpha male physique, and lets girls know what's up. The factors to take into account when choosing which one to use should be the type of chick you're trying to attract and also your personal traits. For example, if you are ripped, you should use this to your advantage by using a shirtless photo. However, whilst this may attract more broads, they are likely to be sluttier and of slightly lower quality than the girls who would be interested in you if you used a suit picture. Lastly, you can add value to either of those two styles of profile pictures, or indeed any photos, by having them taken in an interesting place (beach, ancient landmark, etc..) or with hot girls next to you. Social proof works wonders.

Timing- This sub-section will be brief, but if you get your timing spot on, it can drastically increase your chances of success. Basically, girls are hornier at the weekend. They have less work stress, and are often bored, This means you should either message your matches on weekends or do most of your swiping on weekends.

Best Posts

Here are some of the best/most relatable posts in the Tinder thread.

From game_ethic
Quote:Quote:

After I bang girls whom I met on Tinder, I have a tendency to ask them "what separated me from the bunch?" and they'll often say something along the lines of "you were intriguing" or "your opening message made me laugh." The trick to guarantee a reply from girls, especially the hot ones who you know are getting messages from thirsty guys, is to be creative with your openers. Of course, this is only half of the battle—there's still a chance that they will flake. The cold, harsh truth is this: if you're attractive or at least "out of her league," the flaking rate drops significantly; if you're not, no amount of cocky/funny/aloof game will tip the hat in your favor—the exception being the sluts who are DTF from the onset of the match.

From Mister X

On a purely physical level, they found me attractive enough to swipe right. Which is, given how competitive we know OLD to be, pretty good. A woman that I find physically attractive, saw my profile, said "hmmm, he seems cute," and swiped right. That means she's at least tinkering with the idea of fucking me.

From Ringo

I alternate between two profiles pics: (1) is shirtless, looking to the side, camera a few meters away. (2) is with a henley, cup with ice and lime in hand, sitting by a table, looking in the camera, closer up.

I've been using pic 1 most of the time because it yields A LOT of matches, however I get the feeling that when I use pic 2 I get higher quality.

Lately I've been toying with the idea of using the shirtless pic on weekends (hornier girls?) and shirt-on pic during the weekdays (more behaved).

There are other quotes, but these three just seemed to sum up really well what Tinder is all about.

FAQs

The main FAQ related the actual Tinder app and not how to have success on Tinder that forum users have is how to fake your location. Being able to fake your location means you can pipeline through Tinder. So;

How do I fake my location on Tinder?

As Tinder is only available on mobile devices, you must be able to download a fake location app from your phone's relevant app store. Bad news window phone users, there aren't any for you. iPhone users, there aren't any currently on the app store, but if you have a jailbroken apple device you can use cydia to get one. Fellow android users have a choice of 3 apps. Fake GPS Location, Fake GPS Location Spoofer Free and Fake GPS- Fake Location are all good options.

I don't have any matches, what can I do?

You can delete your account and create a new one, but this time add better pictures. Restarting your account means all the girls on Tinder in your area will see your profile again.

Thank you for reading this datasheet, if you have any questions about Tinder that I probably should have put in the FAQ section, post them below, I will happily answer them.

Put up a good picture of you with a dime piece. Being with a girl whose clearly hotter than them puts pre-selection into overdrive.

I don't want to put up a picture of myself on here, but I agree with your pre-selection point.

Beware on deleting your account, I was locked out for over 3 months because it fucked up when erasing me. Tinder's support is as worthless as tits on a boar hog.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

^Very true, whenever I've sent them an email asking g for help I always get two automated responses.

Quote: (10-31-2014 07:16 AM)britchard Wrote:  

I don't want to put up a picture of myself on here, but I agree with your pre-selection point.

I meant on Tinder, not the forum... I don't know how you could get that confused.

I know you meant on tinder.. sorry if my answer made it seem otherwise.

Sorry for the bump; I can add that personally I prefer Fake GPS Location as the app of choice.

Stats would be helpful:

Description of your looks.
How many bangs did you have before tinder ?
Any other dating apps involved ?
What's your number close percentage when asking ?
How many matches have you gotten ?
How many bangs have you gotten from these matches?
How many flakes did you get ?
How many girls do you have in your rotation right now from tinder ?

Okay. I'm 17 (legal in the UK) and whilst I still get dates, I myself can't go to bars. However, remember that this thread is not just based from my own experience, it's a compilation of experiences from the original Tinder thread.

Looks: I'd say I'm slightly above average face-wise, probably a 6 or 6.5. I'm 6"1 at the moment, and still growing. I've got an athletic muscly build.

I've had Tinder since before I was 16, which is when I first got laid so technically none. However that doesn't mean I only got laid from Tinder, I'd say 50% from Tinder.

No other dating apps.

Number close percentage used to be around 30-50%, since using the method I listed in the strategy section more like 60-70%.

I've had Tinder for over a year and used it in plenty of different locations, so my match number is very high. I'd say since discovering the forum (3 months ago), I've had around 7 different girls and before that probably around 4 girls.

I think because the girls I match with and myself are so young they don't flake as much as older girls. Or they definitely do it in a different way, being more honest.

In the last week I've had two 18 year olds at their places and one girl who's my age, I sup pose they are my 'rotation'.

Tinder sucks, its full of fatties and the flakes are through the roof.

FYI, you don't need to run Tinder off of a phone. You can download Bluestacks, an Android emulator and use Tinder(or any other Android app) on your regular computer or tablet. If you use Bluestacks, you must then download the Fake GPS app since your computer has no GPS capability for the app to pull location from.

The beauty of this is that you can set up different fake accounts, GPS spoof them to cities around the world, then find an auto like script and test how your profile does in different places around the world. You'll find that results will differ dramatically. It'll give you a good idea where your look may be popular with the local women and where you should be taking your next vacation.

Quote: (10-31-2014 07:42 PM)Vaun Wrote:  

Tinder sucks, its full of fatties

Not sure if srs. Quality on Tinder is higher then the general population in my city.

Quote: (10-31-2014 08:11 PM)Deluge Wrote:  

Not sure if srs. Quality on Tinder is higher then the general population in my city.

Yes I am. It was good 1-3 years ago. I recently got back on it and the flake rate has gotten much higher, and I see a lot of the profiles are stale. Plus everyone is pretty much on it now, so its no better than any other site. I actually think Match has gotten better because everyone has tried Tinder and are over it.

deleted it so I can make a fake profile to test some stuff. Now it won't take my # and I keep getting the error message.

Anyone know how to solve this? Feel free to pm me so I don't derail this thread

Is there a post somewhere that details in which countries Tinder is widely used and in which countries it isn't?

Europe, Anglo countries and bigger south American countries is what I think it's popular in.

Quote: (10-31-2014 07:44 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

FYI, you don't need to run Tinder off of a phone. You can download Bluestacks, an Android emulator and use Tinder(or any other Android app) on your regular computer or tablet. If you use Bluestacks, you must then download the Fake GPS app since your computer has no GPS capability for the app to pull location from.

The beauty of this is that you can set up different fake accounts, GPS spoof them to cities around the world, then find an auto like script and test how your profile does in different places around the world. You'll find that results will differ dramatically. It'll give you a good idea where your look may be popular with the local women and where you should be taking your next vacation.

I can recommend gennymotion, works for Mac, easier to use, less buggy, and has a built-in GPS locator. Been using it with success

A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.

A true friend is the most precious of all possessions and the one we take the least thought about acquiring.

Quote: (10-31-2014 08:19 PM)Vaun Wrote:  

Yes I am. It was good 1-3 years ago. I recently got back on it and the flake rate has gotten much higher, and I see a lot of the profiles are stale. Plus everyone is pretty much on it now, so its no better than any other site. I actually think Match has gotten better because everyone has tried Tinder and are over it.

I agree with Vaun. Tinder was awesome before it went mainstream. Now that everyone has it, it's morphed from a hook up app to one more focused on dating/meeting people.

Quote: (11-01-2014 03:07 PM)Mujeriego Wrote:  

Quote: (10-31-2014 08:19 PM)Vaun Wrote:  

I agree with Vaun. Tinder was awesome before it went mainstream. Now that everyone has it, it's morphed from a hook up app to one more focused on dating/meeting people.

I geo-spoofed my Tinder to NYC, the quality is lower than Australia... That can't be, most be a country specific thing.

What's a good free auto-liker by the way? I've tried a couple but they make you pay to swipe.

Tinderoid.

If you live in a college town quality could be higher, but remember the sheer numbers in NYC with constant transplants and tourists changes things.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

How do you geo spoof Tinder to select a city?

Quote: (11-01-2014 09:00 PM)Travesty444 Wrote:  

Tinderoid.

If you live in a college town quality could be higher, but remember the sheer numbers in NYC with constant transplants and tourists changes things.

I'm in a big city. Maybe per capita use for Tinder is higher there so the quality of females regresses to the mean. I geo-spoofed my location to a major European city before and ran out of people way too quickly when you consider the area's population so it's definitely a possibility.

Also there's no Tinderoid for Android.

Quote: (11-01-2014 09:11 PM)Brian Shima Wrote:  

How do you geo spoof Tinder to select a city?

I'm using FakeGPS Free.

Deluge is this app only available for iPhones and do you know if tinder still requires you to have X number of friends such as when it originally came out?

Quote: (11-03-2014 08:32 PM)Brian Shima Wrote:  

Deluge is this app only available for iPhones and do you know if tinder still requires you to have X number of friends such as when it originally came out?

These are both dumb questions you can easily look up for yourself.