rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Star Canadian Radio Host, Jian Ghomeshi's Sex Life Goes Public After Firing

This is going to be huge news in Canada in the coming days.

Background for fellow RVFers who are outside Canada. Jian Ghomeshi is one of Canada's biggest media stars. His radio show, 'Q', is featured weekday mornings on Canada's Public Broadcaster (NPR-style), CBC. I'm pretty certain that it's the most listened to radio show in Canada. On Friday, people were shocked to learn that he was taking an unexpected, indefinite leave of his show. Then tonight, it was revealed that CBC had fired him and that he was counter-suing for $50 million dollars.

Twitter was filled with rumours and there were reports that he had hired to top-level PR firm. A little while ago, he dropped a bombshell post on his Facebook page.

Quote:Quote:

I’ve been fired from the CBC because of the risk of my private sex life being made public as a result of a campaign of false allegations pursued by a jilted ex girlfriend and a freelance writer.

Forgive me if what follows may be shocking to some.

I have always been interested in a variety of activities in the bedroom but I only participate in sexual practices that are mutually agreed upon, consensual, and exciting for both partners.

About two years ago I started seeing a woman in her late 20s. Our relationship was affectionate, casual and passionate. We saw each other on and off over the period of a year and began engaging in adventurous forms of sex that included role-play, dominance and submission. We discussed our interests at length before engaging in rough sex (forms of BDSM). We talked about using safe words and regularly checked in with each other about our comfort levels. She encouraged our role-play and often was the initiator. We joked about our relations being like a mild form of Fifty Shades of Grey or a story from Lynn Coady's Giller-Prize winning book last year. I don’t wish to get into any more detail because it is truly not anyone's business what two consenting adults do. I have never discussed my private life before. Sexual preferences are a human right.

Despite a strong connection between us it became clear to me that our on-and-off dating was unlikely to grow into a larger relationship and I ended things in the beginning of this year. She was upset by this and sent me messages indicating her disappointment that I would not commit to more, and her anger that I was seeing others.

After this, in the early spring there began a campaign of harassment, vengeance and demonization against me that would lead to months of anxiety.

It came to light that a woman had begun anonymously reaching out to people that I had dated (via Facebook) to tell them she had been a victim of abusive relations with me. In other words, someone was reframing what had been an ongoing consensual relationship as something nefarious. I learned – through one of my friends who got in contact with this person – that someone had rifled through my phone on one occasion and taken down the names of any woman I had seemed to have been dating in recent years. This person had begun methodically contacting them to try to build a story against me. Increasingly, female friends and ex-girlfriends of mine told me about these attempts to smear me.

The writer tried to peddle the story and, at one point, a major Canadian media publication did due diligence but never printed a story. One assumes they recognized these attempts to recast my sexual behaviour were fabrications. Still, the spectre of mud being flung onto the Internet where online outrage can demonize someone before facts can refute false allegations has been what I've had to live with.

It will be very interesting to see how the media handles one of their own in this story.

I'm also interested to see how Jian himself changes (if at all) going forward. His show 'Q' was mostly centred around the arts and what he stuck to that, it was good. But he often waded into cultural discussions as well. He recently talked Gamergate, completely glossing over its origins, allowing feminists a platform to talk about how bad they have it. As host and the driving force behind the show, Jian often used his influence to white-knight and side with feminists

He's pretty effeminate, to say the least. Many people assumed he was gay, because of the way he carries himself. I was never sure what to think.

[Image: WazY7en.jpg]

Quick Edit: Currently, this is the top story on both of Canada's National Newspapers websites.

Bunny boilers.

Oh and that age old cancer; Facebook. Should of had it on lockdown. He was sloppy but its understandable as he thought nothing like that would happen.

Women who love BDSM are not right in the head.

File this under "Power of Game".

If you properly game a bitch and lay down the pipe, expect some attachment. Finding a guy that can properly fuck is a rare thing for girls, so they tend to get obsessive when they do find one.

Of course, for many guys its hard to imagine settling down with a girl that you regularly shove things up her ass and cover her face in jizz (I personally have no problem with that notion) so they ditch her and she goes ballistic. No surprises here.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

He may have thought that since he is a feminist, supporter of womens' rights, and friend of the womens' movement, that it would help make him immune to this kind of thing.

He got bored, she got attached. He had tons of pussy waiting to jump him, she had nothing close to anyone as high status as him. He doesn't want to string her along any more, he breaks it off, she gets angry. Promiscuity breeds violence and evil, a lesson as old as man, in men and women alike.

I read somewhere she planned to use him to bolster her own career.

Do we have a pic of her? Or a detailed description of his alleged abuse?

Edit: sounds like he has terrible game. http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/non-date

Quote: (10-26-2014 06:57 PM)Carlos100 Wrote:  

He may have thought that since he is a feminist, supporter of womens' rights, and friend of the womens' movement, that it would help make him immune to this kind of thing.

They're already burying him.

[Image: WgNs2og.png]

The media today certainly does not represent the ideas of the people.

The amount of girls, of all ages, who say they like rough sex and bondage etc is quite considerable. I have learned this from the questions on okcupid.

So while the media makes him out to be some kind of pervert, women will be thinking "I'd let him tie me up and abuse me".

Quote: (10-26-2014 06:59 PM)Basil Ransom Wrote:  

Edit: sounds like he has terrible game. http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/non-date

That was painful to read. Terrible game indeed.

This story was floating around in the hours ahead of his Facebook post. It does indeed sound like he had terrible game. He's so famous, that the way he behaved in that story would work fine more often than not. That said, this story is a cautionary tale for all men. No matter how successful you are, game is vital.

Having said that, the girl's story has some questionable motives, right off the top.

A few minutes later, the concert was over, and my party and I left.The next day, I sent Keith a public Twitter message saying it was nice to meet him. It was. I, like many Canadians, was a fan of his show. Actually, truth be told, I’ve never listened to his show, but still, I appreciated him as a talented radio personality.

Keith wrote me a private message soon after saying he read some of my work online and really liked my writing. He also asked me if I’d like to join him to see Metric play the next night at the Opera House. I’d always wanted to see Metric live, and I thought I might be able to make Keith my best gay friend in Toronto. I was still a newbie and needed friends. I also figured that the friendship might lead to exciting Toronto career opportunities down the line. He did say he liked my writing.

The rest of the article is her talking about how bad Ghomeshi's game and how he couldn't take a hint. This, while trying to convince readers that she had mistaken his invitation as an overture for a budding new girl/gay friendship, rather than a date so that he can bang her later on.

"How wonderful! A famous man wants to be friends with me and take me to a high profile concert after a brief meeting!" Please...

^There are times when a guy has decent game and a woman later twists things in her head into a narrative where the man has terrible game. But I doubt that happened here, because if for no other reason than that she didn't see him again despite his status. His moves, even if embellished, sound extremely tone deaf.

Quote: (10-26-2014 06:01 PM)Nemausus Wrote:  

Background for fellow RVFers who are outside Canada. Jian Ghomeshi is one of Canada's biggest media stars. His radio show, 'Q', is featured weekday mornings on Canada's Public Broadcaster (NPR-style), CBC

Am I the only Canadian who has no idea who this guy is? You make it sound like he is George Stroumboulopoulos!

Quote: (10-26-2014 07:38 PM)Gorgiass Wrote:  

He's a B list celebrity in his hometown, he doesn't really need much game.

The girl sounds like a horrific human being and a deranged liar.

"Two months later, I was walking down the street and past a man who was wearing an offensive amount of Keith’s pungent cologne. Overcome by scent-memory nausea, I vomited into a nearby trashcan."

That sounds likely.

And here, she insanely contradicts herself in the same paragraph.

" It was. I, like many Canadians, was a fan of his show. Actually, truth be told, I’ve never listened to his show, but still, I appreciated him as a talented radio personality."

Here she admits she was attempting to use him for his connections.

"He also asked me if I’d like to join him to see Metric play the next night at the Opera House. I’d always wanted to see Metric live, and I thought I might be able to make Keith my best gay friend in Toronto. I was still a newbie and needed friends. I also figured that the friendship might lead to exciting Toronto career opportunities down the line."

Jesus Christ, when this woman wants "friends" she sounds awful...functional about them. Sounds like she's used to having malleable orbiters, and is disappointed he wouldn't tow the line.

His game was actually pretty solid as far as not letting her use him. Many a beta would have let her play that game until she had extracted every useful thing from him.

Quote: (10-26-2014 08:40 PM)komatiite Wrote:  

Quote: (10-26-2014 06:01 PM)Nemausus Wrote:  

Background for fellow RVFers who are outside Canada. Jian Ghomeshi is one of Canada's biggest media stars. His radio show, 'Q', is featured weekday mornings on Canada's Public Broadcaster (NPR-style), CBC

Am I the only Canadian who has no idea who this guy is? You make it sound like he is George Stroumboulopoulos!

He's big with pretentious hipsters, sjw's & other assorted urban douchebags though he was pretty good when he was part of Moxy Fruvous back in the day

Quote: (10-26-2014 08:46 PM)DarkTriad Wrote:  

His game was actually pretty solid as far as not letting her use him. Many a beta would have let her play that game until she had extracted every useful thing from him.

I usually just call it networking...

Perhaps he's a bit awkward but Holy Fuck dude did you just post an article from XOJANE... written by a TORONTO girl no less?

Quote: (10-26-2014 09:17 PM)Gorgiass Wrote:  

I usually just call it networking...

She really does sound rather predatory about it.

To save people a click, and to stop directing traffic to this anti-women "feminist" site (where do they, on XOJane, discuss pregnancy, raising children, becoming less selfish -- you know, the things a proper lady does?), here is the article:

IT HAPPENED TO ME: I Accidentally Went On A Date With A Presumed-Gay Canadian C-List Celebrity Who Creepily Proved He Isn't Gay
When I walked in, I was greeted by both the overwhelming stench of his cologne and the sinking feeling that Keith was not, as I had assumed, gay.

Carla Ciccone
Jun 10, 2013

I met a man I'll call Keith at an outdoor concert in Toronto last year. I was sitting with a group of people, Jake Gyllenhaal among them (sorry for the name drop, but he factors into the story later), and Keith walked up to introduce himself to us. I knew of Keith because he has a successful radio show in Canada. A lot of Canadians love him for his views, interviews, and radio voice.

As Keith schmoozed with the people around me, I enjoyed the concert and also tried to make Jake fall for me using telepathic love vibes. Just kidding. There were no love vibes, and the only feeling Jake had was annoyance after Keith arrived.

He kept trying to talk to Jake, who wasn’t feeling his “I really want to get you on my show and maybe into your pants” vibe, so Keith soon turned his attention to me.

“Sorry, how do you pronounce your name again?” he said.

“Um, Carla,” I replied.

“Oh, I thought it was more complicated, like Carafalooota,” he said. I laughed. A few minutes later, the concert was over, and my party and I left.The next day, I sent Keith a public Twitter message saying it was nice to meet him. It was. I, like many Canadians, was a fan of his show. Actually, truth be told, I’ve never listened to his show, but still, I appreciated him as a talented radio personality.

Keith wrote me a private message soon after saying he read some of my work online and really liked my writing. He also asked me if I’d like to join him to see Metric play the next night at the Opera House. I’d always wanted to see Metric live, and I thought I might be able to make Keith my best gay friend in Toronto. I was still a newbie and needed friends. I also figured that the friendship might lead to exciting Toronto career opportunities down the line. He did say he liked my writing.

The next night, I met him at a wine bar for a quick drink before the show. When I walked in, I was greeted by both the overwhelming stench of his cologne and the sinking feeling that Keith was not, as I had assumed, gay. This wasn’t a friend date; it was a date, date –- at least to him.He looked at me the way a creepy older man looks at a young, silly girl he’s going to buy a drink he’s planning to slip a roofie into. I didn’t know what to do. He was 15 years older than me, but what’s more, I found him totally unattractive and didn’t want to be on a date with him.But I couldn’t just leave.

“So, you’re friends with Jake Gyllenhaal?” he asked.

“No. I met him yesterday and we talked about baseball for five minutes,” I said.

“Oh. He seems like a jerk, eh?” he said.

“I thought he was nice,” I said.

Nervous and trying to avoid eye contact with him, I proceeded to talk about nothing in particular for the next 20 minutes with such speed, he might have thought I had just done an eight ball in the bathroom.

He checked his phone approximately 35 times and mentioned the memoir he was writing about 10 times. Apparently, he was in a band when he was younger, or something. I wasn’t really paying attention.

Before my drink was finished, Keith rushed me out of the bar to get to the concert down the street.

In front of the small venue, he introduced me to a bunch of people he thought I would know.

“You’re meeting the who’s who of Canadian indie rock!” he whispered into my ear enthusiastically. I had no idea who they were, but most of them had cool beards. The way he introduced me, however, was disconcerting. I was being “presented,” in the same way Tom Cruise used to present Katie Holmes on red carpets. I did not like it.

I wanted to let him know I wasn’t into him, but he seemed like a harmless dork, and I didn’t want to embarrass him in front of his bearded friends.

As I talked to one of them, I’d look up every now and then to catch a glimpse of Keith staring at me intently with a strange smile on his face. He was giving me the heebie jeebies and, again, I wanted to leave.

But Metric. It’ll be fine once we’re inside, I thought, we’re just watching a concert.

There was no assigned seating, and we were standing on the balcony. As soon as the lights went down, and the first notes started playing, I felt a sweaty hand travel across the back of my dress and grab my ass.

That hand was Keith’s.

Shocked, I looked up at him like “WHAT?!” He looked back at me with sex eyes and smiled. Disgusted, I asked him to stop, and stepped away from him and his hand.

I figured he’d get the point since I moved, but instead, he followed me. I watched the concert intently, but he soon grabbed my hand to hold it.

His friends were right behind us, and they all smiled when I looked back. Despite my extreme discomfort, I felt I couldn’t tell Keith off, so I discreetly pulled my hand away, crossed my arms over my stomach and stared straight ahead.

When he started rubbing my back, I again told him to stop, and when he put his hand over my shoulders, I said I was hot and lifted it off.

“Oh yeah, you’re hot,” he replied.

Dying inside, I felt sad that not only had I lost interest in watching Metric, but they were also starting to sound like tainted torture music.

I was planning my exit strategy when Keith grabbed the strap my large purse and took it off my shoulder.

“What are you doing?” I said.

“Shhh,” he replied, placing my purse on the ground and slipping his arm around my waist to pull me closer.

“What the fuck?!” I said. “You don’t put a woman’s purse on the dirty ground.” Apparently, I have more respect for a leather purse from my mom than for my own body. Not really -- but this was my breaking point.

“But it’s in the way,” he said. He seemed intrigued, and challenged, by my passionate reaction.

“I’ll be back.” I couldn’t take it anymore. Keith had gone from harmless dork to repulsive sexual predator.

I ran down the stairs and called my sister from the bathroom. “What do I do?” I was concerned that he would somehow ruin my fledgling career in Canadian media forever if I bailed on him, as stupid as that sounds.

“Get outta there,” my sister said. I wanted to. Desperately. Running down the stairs had given me a taste of the freedom that could so easily be mine if I just ran outside and never looked back. But I didn’t want to be rude, and I thought it best to leave on good terms.

(This is the part where I really want to go back in time and shake myself.)

I did what any good, failed Catholic girl plagued by a crippling sense of guilt would do: I lied.

“I have to go, I have a terrible headache -- a migraine. I also have to work very early. Sorry,” I said, looking towards the EXIT sign with a renewed hopefulness that I hadn't felt in hours.

“Oh no. I’ll drive you,” he said.

“NO! I mean, no. I don’t want to ruin the show for you. I’ll get a cab.”

“I can’t let you take a cab if you have a migraine,” he said, leading me down the stairs with a “concerned” creepy hand on the small of my back.

I insisted on taking a cab until I realized that he was walking me to his car, which was right outside.

All but defeated, I got into his car, pissed off that I was doing so, and stared out the window listlessly.

Even though I had a terrible fake migraine, he insisted on talking to me.

“Do you recognize the colors of my car?” he said.

“They are black and red. Like Spider-Man?” I said.

“Ha! No. That’s silly. They’re the colors of my show,” he laughed.

“But your show is on the radio, and I don't listen to it,” I confessed. I was DONE.

“Did I tell you I’m writing a book?” he asked.

“Multiple times,” I said. “You can stop here.”

We were a block from my apartment and there was no way he was going to know my address.

“I’ll walk you to the door,” he said, unbuckling his seatbelt.

“No, you won’t,” I said. “Thank you for the concert and the ride. Have a good night.”

He leaned in and I avoided his lips by giving him a half-hearted hug, but he still managed to peck the side of my pursed mouth as I was turning to get out of the car. I urgently yanked on the door handle until the door sprang open, and scurried out.

Once I reached my front door, I started crying in shame. A thick layer of self-loathing had settled over my once-optimistic heart. Why had I handled the night that way? Why didn’t I tell him he was acting like as asshole and I only agreed to meet him because I, like the rest of Canada, thought he was gay? Why am I so passive in awkward situations? WHY? WHY? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

I had a hot shower to remove his gross cologne stench, which had stuck to me like an airborne virus.

The next morning, I awoke to a text from him.

“If you’re late for work, blame it on me [Image: wink.gif]

I didn't reply to Keith’s text, thinking that he would take the hint; but based on past experience I should have known Keith does not a hint take.

As his messages became more and more pathetic, (e.g., “Did we break up already?”), I eventually confessed the truth and told him that I was sorry but I thought it was a friend date, not a real date, and I wasn’t interested.

To this, he replied: “Eeep! Totes diff. vibe from yest.” (He actually texted those words. Like that. To a girl he was interested in.)

Over the next two weeks, his texts begged me to give him another chance. He even went so far as to promise that he looks better with TV makeup on, like that would make a difference.

I felt sorry for him. Clearly being a C-list Canadian celebrity hadn’t afforded him any “game.”

He finally stopped texting, but every time his name came up in conversation, or I saw his face in an ad, I cringed.

In talking to my friends Crystal and Melissa, I found out that Keith has tried his same creepy-ass moves out on many other girls. He once lured a friend of theirs into a hotel room to “watch a movie,” and tried to sleep with her once she sat on the bed. She, too, had thought him harmless and gay beforehand.

Two months later, I was walking down the street and past a man who was wearing an offensive amount of Keith’s pungent cologne. Overcome by scent-memory nausea, I vomited into a nearby trashcan. A concerned older lady came up to me. “Are you pregnant, dear?” she asked.

“Only with disgust, thank God,” I said, smiling. She smiled back, perplexed.

And that was how I expelled the gross feelings left over from the worst “date” I’ve ever gone on.

I'm most shocked dude isn't gay. I assumed 'Q' was an inside nod to his queer affiliation.

I heard about that article when it was released and browsed through it ..seemed like some attention whore like the Toronto girl who gets free meals but didn't know if true or not.

In any case, this will be a big story because his show is quite popular (he is an intelligent host with good guests and I like the show) and because Canada is generally a boring place without the non stop celebrity (read kardashians) stories that those in the usa enjoy ..

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Jian is very well liked so he will get a lot of support. However the other side IS a random woman making an accusation...enough to excite many feminists to arm themselves

This dude is lucky he has a chance of being judged fairly; if it was some random dude (99% of cases) good luck.

It appears to be more than just 1 random woman. This story says there were at least 3 & this is only coming out now after months of investigation

https://archive.today/DZXMu

The three women interviewed by the Star allege that Ghomeshi physically attacked them on dates without consent. They allege he struck them with a closed fist or open hand; bit them; choked them until they almost passed out; covered their nose and mouth so that they had difficulty breathing; and that they were verbally abused during and after sex.

They agree to have sex with him, then get upset when he's too rough? He didn't tell them he liked rough sex beforehand, he just started smacking and choking away?

Hmmmm.

Early last summer, the Star began looking into allegations by young women of sexual abuse by Ghomeshi over the past two years. The Star conducted detailed interviews of the women, talking each woman several times. None of the women filed police complaints and none agreed to go on the record.

Then why does anyone care? If he broke the law, the people he hurt should file charges and let the justice system do what it is supposed to do, and THEN if the system doesn't work, we (rightly) criticize the justice system. But firing someone, because of the he said/she said claims from someone else, when there is no legal action pending, is bullshit.

Jian at his progressive best:

[Image: 0roa6vt.png]

The allegations being printed in the Toronto Star are ugly. This is going to be a media circus in Canada.

In one woman’s case, she visited Ghomeshi at his Toronto home and alleges as soon as she walked into his house he suddenly struck her hard with his open hand, then continued to hit her and choked her. The woman alleges Ghomeshi repeatedly beat her about the head and choked her.
The Star’s interviews of the women were lengthy. The women, all educated and employed, said Ghomeshi’s actions shocked them.
Another woman, who described a similar alleged attack, said that in the lead-up to their date Ghomeshi “warned me he would be aggressive.”
“I thought this meant he would want to pull my hair and have rough sex. He reassured me that I wouldn’t be forced. (Later) he attacked me. Choked me. Hit me like I didn’t know men hit women. I submitted.”

Edit:

This shows how pointless White-Knighting is. You'd think that with all the pro-feminist sentiments Jian has shared over the years, they'd at least be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Nope!

[Image: 1wUV1n1.png]

Quote: (10-26-2014 06:57 PM)Carlos100 Wrote:  

Nope.

[Image: laugh2.gif]

These types eat their own children.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Don't assume that the woman's story is entirely accurate. Women love to tell inaccurate stories that belittle men in order to boost their own status. I highly suspect that there is more to the story than what she described.

Because anytime the word creepy is used...

I'm the King of Beijing!

That article has some very interesting points that give an insight into those making the 'case' against him:

The Star’s interviews of the women were lengthy. The women, all educated and employed, said Ghomeshi’s actions shocked them.
So if they were unemployed and uneducated, their stories would be less true?

None of the women has contacted police. When asked why by the Star, the women cited several reasons including fears that a police report would expose their names and worries that their consent or acceptance of fantasy role-play discussions in text or other messages with Ghomeshi would be used against them as evidence of consent to actual violence.
Isn't it 'victim-blaming' Ghomeshi to say that he's "bad" because these women had sex with him by deliberately misrepresenting themselves?

The guy seems conflicted. His public persona and his private desires appear disconnected.

I get that he's a minor celeb and didn't want his sexy texts to appear on Gawker, but to switch from 'beta nice guy provider' on dates to 'extreme alpha bad boy' in private is not good game.

While I'm a fan of keeping your private life private, I would recommend that any guy who wants to introduce a girl into D/S play should be clear what's going to happen from the outset. Better to lose a girl who's not into it than the alternative we see here.

"I'd hate myself if I had that kind of attitude, if I were that weak." - Arnold

Who cares about the women. This will never go to trial and if it does he's not going to jail out of it...

The big story here is the CBC fucking FIRED him on the mere WORRY that this was going to make them look bad, and his subsequent suing for 50m.

I hope he gets every god damn penny he can milk out of them. My tax dollars (which are excessive due to my working hard in the oil sands) going straight into jian's pocket are a better use than 80% of the current expenditures anyways IMHO.. So I'm not too upset about it.