rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Most important parts of the game?

If you had to sum it up for a new person, what do you think are the most important things to keep in mind when working and using game? I would say off top...

Look and dress decent
Be confident

Persistence. Sticking with it and putting in the hours or learn and internalise game.

Main reason I see men failing is that they give up before they start seeing significant results.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Quote: (04-08-2011 01:55 AM)houston Wrote:  

If you had to sum it up for a new person, what do you think are the most important things to keep in mind when working and using game? I would say off top...

Look and dress decent
Be confident

From most important to least, in my opinion:

Confidence
Social skills (including humor/jokes/storytelling/personality/wit)
Style
Looks
Status
Wealth

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (04-08-2011 01:55 AM)houston Wrote:  

Look and dress decent
Be confident

Again to quote Roosh, just go out and do something, anything. Say something. In order to refine the skills, practice is needed. Sometimes you can pull on a very weak and trite catchphrase, you really never know and these constant interactions tunes one into the inner mechanism of how women think and operate.

Keep talking, keep opening. One woman shuts you down, open another and another, and another.

You may even get the one who initially shuts you down when she finds out what a pimp you are.

It's funny but many women prefer to be with a man who knows what he's doing than a fresh noob with a clean slate.
That's how the woman's psyche is.

A female friend of mine (not a North American) actually said that she doesn't want a man who doesn't have other women calling on the side because there must be something wrong with him if other women doesn't want him.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (04-08-2011 03:39 AM)Caligula Wrote:  

Persistence. Sticking with it and putting in the hours or learn and internalise game.

Main reason I see men failing is that they give up before they start seeing significant results.

Agreed. I remember when I was less experienced, I used to give up on girls because they didn't react the way I thought they should react. Big mistake.

Confidence is key, but not everyone starts with confidence, you gotta work it.

In my opinion, the most important parts of game is making her feel great around you, comfortable. Listening and understanding is something that is very underestimated as well. Finally, learning to kino correctly as a big boost in attraction and your game.

If I was going to give advice to a guy just getting started I would say:

Looks - this is the easiest thing you can control. You don't have to spend a lot of money, just dress nice, look and smell clean, and have a good haircut. Just doing this will make you stand out nowadays. You will feel better about yourself and your self-confidence will improve.

Social skills - Learn how to carry on an interesting conversation. Keep up on a wide variety of general topics and talk to everyone you can until you can talk to anyone about anything. Soon it won't matter if you are talking to the old man at the grocery or the hotties in the club, you will be comfortable. Learn how to move a conversation from general blab to picking up and soon you will start getting girls.

Sure thing - Once you get a girl you can count on for sex keep her around and start looking for others. My inner game took a massive jump once I had a roommate/fuck buddy and could start gaming chicks knowing 100% that I was going to get laid that night, regardless. When I moved to a new city and didn't know anybody it really helped to know that there were pay-for-play options available in case I struck out. Once I found a girlfriend who would agree to an open relationship I had my sure thing again. And finally, when you get a girl you don't always need to pump and dump her, you can add her to your stable for the occasional hookup or booty call. Once you have a dozen or so in your harem you will be able to get laid whenever you want, and sometimes you will actually have to have sex even if you don't want to just to keep the girls happy. Then you are set.

Socialize as much as possible. Practice makes perfect. You should have hundreds of parties/nights out under your belt, eventually.

Don't be needy, and at the same time be intimate with ladies. Invade their space, touch them, whisper in their ear. Take your attention away freely, but also give it freely. The trick is to act like there isn't any forethought behind your attention or lack of attention. Its just what you want to do, because you are a high value male. You can invade space at will. The only space that is to be respected is your own, when you want it to be.

Hold eye contact.

Don't be possessive. There are lots of ladies who are interested in you, and who you would like to bang.

Punish bad behavior in the form of you taking your attention away.

Bring up sex, make sexual cocky jokes, and generally eliminate any possibility that she doesn't see you as a sexual being. Make sure that she knows that you feel that no area of sexual flirting is out of bounds for you. After you get her comfortable with sexual verbiage, then make her body an occasional playground for your eyes. All of this this makes you a sexual being in her eyes and guarantees that you will avoid the friend zone. Even if she doesn't reciprocate interest in sexual contact right away. It will also make her wet, which is not a response that is in her conscious control.

The rest generally takes care of itself, as you will be acting more attractive than 90% of other men.

Lot's of good aspects pointed out here. Maybe some of this can be added:

Thinking that rejection is good (many reasons for this)

The guys who get rejected the most are also the ones who get the most quality and quantity

Not putting all the eggs in the same basket (pursuing several girls at the same time)

Take it or leave it attitude

Don't apologize for who you are or your intentions and don't feel ashamed (it's a beta emotion)

Law of averages (if you just approach/game x numbers of beautiful girls, eventually you WILL get one)

Having the ability to analyse what you did wrong and the willingness to adapt

Don't give a fuck

Value yourself higher than her

Thinking it's HER loss/mistake if she rejects you

Just get another girl if she rejects me, don't care about her opinion of you (approval or rejection)

Being "entrepreneurial" in life, meaning, have a "go-spirit", do stuff, take initiatives, be the one who leads and organises

Be cool

If you don’t approach the girl, that which you fear (that some other guy will get her) is GUARANTEED to happen.

Challenge your fears and step outside your comfort zone

"(Apparently, he was not totally ignorant of one of life’s great secrets): Women don’t look for handsome men, they look for men with beautiful women. (Having an ugly mistress is therefore a fatal error.)"

Of course, lot's of these things are differents sides of the same coin. For example, if you value yourself higher than the girl, you exude confidence etc.

be interesting, be cool

http://www.rooshv.com/the-two-things-tha...es-down-to

There is definitely a hierarchy of ideas that you need to lock down, in the appropriate order, to maximize your odds in the game.

At the base of this power pyramid are two ideals; Confidence and Style. These represent the bedrock of game.

Confidence is self-explanatory. Without confidence, you never approach, never go out and never take risks and every rejection (and even the best of players will get rejected a ton) will cut you to your soul. Regardless of how strong the rest of your skillset is, if you don't approach or take risks, you won't get laid as much as you can.

I had reservations about putting style on this level, and its not as important as confidence, but it's definitely more important than the secondary level traits. Style, to me, is the ability to look like you're trying without giving off the vibe that you're trying, but its an all-encompassing aspect that goes beyond the clothes you wear. Fact is, young girls are vapid and materialistic; you will get rejected for wearing the wrong shirt or liking the wrong band. You need to adapt your style, shape shift and know what's happening in the zeitgeist of the situation to be able to fully capitalize on your chances. Are you fluid? Can you switch gears and calibrate on a dime with the subsequent changes each girl, venue or country brings you? This falls under the style umbrella, being versatile.

On the second story we have Status and Social Skills.

Status isn't a first-tier indicator because frankly, for most guys, high status is out of reach; fact is that 99% of us will live our lives in relative anonymity, but that doesn't mean you can't get some level of status. Are you a drug dealer? Can you get into the top clubs? Are you connected? These are forms of status, and since women tend to increasingly see men as a means and not an end, I don't need to tell you that high status will make things easier for you.

Social skills fall here as well; not massively crucial but crucial enough, because really, in a society, if you don't have good social skills, you can fake having good social skills to the point where the lizards will buy that you have good social skills.

The third tier - and last of the key groups - are Sexuality and Backbone.

On the third tier because while being crucial, you see guys every day without these things getting quality pussy on the reg. Sexuality - the ability to be in connect with what you want is key because a woman will follow a man who knows what he wants.

Backbone (or balls if you will), calling a bitch out on her shit, taking a stand, maintaining standards and principles is also massive because it's what men do. We're seeing in society just what the praise of so-called 'female values' gets us; rampant single motherhood, armies of men retreating into celibacy and video games, a safety net that can hold an elephant and the widespread worship of celebrities and the self. What were things like when masculine values were worshiped? Men took care of their shit, families stayed together and our economy was at the top of its game. Both sexuality and backbone are pivotal, but not on the same level as confidence, style, status and social skills; you can get by without them, but who wants to just get by?

Finally, we have other superfluous traits that help you, but don't do all the work; Looks, Wealth and Luck.

Looks vs. Game is still a hotly debated argument. Fact is, on their own, good looks are about as useless as an underwater printer (?). However, when coupled with confidence, style and backbone, they make you lethal. On their own they may not get you much, but they are a game changer. If two guys have equal game but one is 5'7 with pasty skin and a paunch and the other is 6'3 with a tan and muscles, the better looking cat will pull better, if not more, girls (all else being equal)...I'd even say an ugly dude with solid game would be defeated by a good looking dude with good-but-not-great game...such is the machine of the Gynocracy; give women two choices, she'll almost always side with the more appealing choice. I've said before and will say again; being good looking isn't about having tight game, it's about not having bad game.

So as not to come across like a looks > game person (I'm not), I'll tell you how useless looks are on their own; two years ago I went to a concert with an omega former friend (invited because my other friends couldn't make it, later cut because of his omeganess; I'm talking hovering up on my shit when I was in sequence with a girl levels of omega) who is very attractive; I'm talking 6'2 185, looks kind of like Channing Tatum, but having absolutely zero confidence, game, style or status. We get in, and girls are eye-fucking us. I make approaches and even try to goad him into doing a few but he rationalizes the bullshit away. Finally, we come across a radio booth being manned by a two-girl set; a slender blonde with brown eyes and curly hair (8) and a short, stout fatty (3). We pose for pictures, I immediately push up and pose with the hot blonde, he resignedly - but with no protestation - wraps arm around the fatty. Don't get me wrong, I was fully intent on wrapping my arm on the blonde's waist and giving her a light stroke of the ass as I asked if she wanted to grip on some drinks after the show, but buddy, who was good looking but offered little else, made no move to get in there first.

Wealth, like status, will elude the vast majority of us, but that's okay; many here are proof positive that you don't need a six-figure salary to pull pretty girls on the regular...BUT, like looks, does having a fat bankroll hurt? Wealth implies status, wealth implies comfort (both your own, and the level to which you can provide it to a lizard) and most importantly...in our Feminist-run morally bankrupt world of today, there isn't a thing that money cannot buy; love, happiness, respect and influence, even if they're fleeting and temporary, all have a price tag.

Finally luck...what is luck? Being in the right place at the right time? Getting a bounce? Solid logistics? Pulling in hostile territory? Luck is intangible, but at the same time heed the words; you can be good to be lucky, but you're lucky to be good.

Being able to adapt, and trusting yourself. I guess that's another way of saying confidence.

To me, you become successful by going out a lot and honing your game to a razor sharp level. Even still, you're going to get rejected, but you know the more you approach that sooner or later what you say and do is going to get a girl that is DTF in bed with you.

You'll also learn what tricks do and don't work with certain types of girls and how to adapt to how she is responding to you. Thus, putting yourself in the position to get laid more.

Yep, it boils down to 'right place, right time' but the more game you have, the more you'll be in that spot.

Persistence to reach a goal is the bedrock of game: Going out when you don't feel like going out, talking to girls when you are scared to talk them, doing things that may seem weird or scary in the moment but will help your long term well-being, are not possible without persistence. You need to master these things, regardless of their seeming difficulties.

Your feelings don't matter. You have to be like the Terminator. You have your goal set, and you don't stop until you accomplish it.

That may seem cold, but ask yourself: would you rather not have options with women? You need to learn how to set goals. Your old way of getting girls will probably not suffice if it's not working right now. You have to do what is best for the you that wants/needs the goal.

So, if you have persistence, then game comes down to goal choice.

Even if you are confused about what you want, it's still good to practice game. It will make things easier for when you actually do know what you want.

Most important for me are speed and calibration.You have to be faster than anyone and calibrate quickly.

Quote: (02-19-2012 04:23 AM)soup Wrote:  

Persistence to reach a goal is the bedrock of game: Going out when you don't feel like going out, talking to girls when you are scared to talk them, doing things that may seem weird or scary in the moment but will help your long term well-being, are not possible without persistence. You need to master these things, regardless of their seeming difficulties.

Your feelings don't matter. You have to be like the Terminator. You have your goal set, and you don't stop until you accomplish it.

That may seem cold, but ask yourself: would you rather not have options with women? You need to learn how to set goals. Your old way of getting girls will probably not suffice if it's not working right now. You have to do what is best for the you that wants/needs the goal.

So, if you have persistence, then game comes down to goal choice.

Even if you are confused about what you want, it's still good to practice game. It will make things easier for when you actually do know what you want.

All above posts are good but i agree with Soup the most and i like how he describes it. Persistence is key. Its sheer persistence that kept me going especially in South America where my game got twice as good in 6 months. I finally conquered my AA and i wish i had the same game in South East Asia before (not that i didn't bang like 30 girls there but i could have easily doubled that) A +1 for Soup

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

1. You miss out on 100% of the girls you don't talk to

2. Have fun, be fun

Quote: (02-19-2012 02:33 AM)Nonpareil Wrote:  

There is definitely a hierarchy of ideas that you need to lock down, in the appropriate order, to maximize your odds in the game.

At the base of this power pyramid are two ideals...........
This is a great post. I'm going to steal it in it's entirety (with attribution) and post it on my blog.

There has been a strange idea floating around - especially on the heartiste blog - that confidence is the only attractive trait. Which is of course profoundly retarded.

I'm all for a more accurate mental map of the various intersections of the various attraction triggers.

1. open
2. Escalate
3. Logistics
4. Sexually escalate
5. Close

Everything off the top of my head has been covered, except one: body language.

I firmly believe that nothing is more important than confidence and social skills.

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Most important is the first minute after opener in my opinion because you have to calibrate really quickly without many hints and set the original frame.I think most women decide in the first minute if they will fuck you.So the concentration needed in this crucial time cannot be emphasized.

I think most guys screw up in this time length because it is very pressing.It is like the football player who has just one chance and has to act quickly otherwise the ball is lost.

Usually the mental strain can be very exhausting.

For example in first minute I use a usual opener and then judge by the reaction of the girl my chances.Let's say you walk on the street and there are moving targets and stable targets.You choose one target according to some criteria(for example girls not in a hurry or strolling without any particular direction).Then you throw your opener.Then the reaction can be very unexpected despite how smooth you are.Let's see the logic.

1.The girl has a totally different thing in mind so she does not have any mood to be involved with you no matter how charming you are.She wants to accomplish sth at the moment and you are just a nuisance.

2.The girl is in a very bad mood because sth bad happened to her this day so she will give negative responses to any approach.

3.The girl likes to give negative responses because it makes her feel powerful.

4.The girl does not want to seem receptive in front of her friends.

5.The girl has bad experience after having picked up this way.

6.The girl knows of one of her friends who had bad experience after having picked up this way.

7.The girl thinks that you will seduce her by experience and puts on defensive mechanism.

This is important.When a girl understands you run game on her she will become more shit testing.So it is better to make some mistakes during pick up to appear more original.Of course not do so many mistakes that you lose the girl.You need to find a balance.

Generally you need to be one step ahead in every single moment and predict every possible reaction by body attitude vibe etc althugh girls can always susprise us.

For example if a girl has another thing in mind her eyes go left up because she remembers it.When the girl has very bad mood her eyes go down right because she remembers what she heard.

If the girl likes to give negative responses she has a big smile while doing so and treats you ironically like some kind of idiots.Some guys even miss irony.To this irony I answer with irony under the irony so the conversation becomes strange.

If the girl does not want to seem receptive in front of her friends she checkes her friends' face every now and then to check their approval.

If the girl has bad experience she has a sad face.Women's emotions are actaully painted on their faces.

If a girl thinks you are going to seduce her by experience it is usually your fault.Perfection causes suspicion.Just like the guy with the suit who tries to steal you thinking he is above suspicion.If you appear perfect it may smell fishy to her.So you have to play perfection imperfection.

The usual plays:

1.Gay non gay

2.Smooth rough around the edges

3.Talkative silence

In general the point is to confuse the girl somehow drive her to an extreme land and relieve

Throwing my hat in with persistence. You can have terrible game, but if you're willing to keep approaching and not get discouraged you will eventually find a girl who wants to fuck you (and your game will improve in the process). If there's a common denominator among guys who aren't good with women, it's that they either haven't consciously put in effort to get better, or they made an attempt and gave up once they realized that there are no easy fixes and it takes considerable investment.

Persistence can also mean that you become a stalker.One needs to display indifference as well as part of comfort.In general women need room they want freedom and do not want to be suffocated.

They have to be persuaded that they chose you out of their free choice.

Also important is to not be scared by the local environment.For example the guy who parks his expensive car in front of the club does not do this only to draw girls attention but to communicate to the other guys their chances are slim.The same the guy with the biceps wants to show the other guys they do not have chances.The guy who knows everyone in club does the same he communicates to the other guys they are not social enough.

All this causes a fear.The average guy is afraid that his car may not be so good,his biceps not so well developed and his contacts rather few to have social proof.This is normal conditioning there are rules about that.

For this situation I use the Balkan mode.The Balkan mode is sth like I am the king here,I am the dominant one and I will not be scared of your car,your clothes,your muscles or your contacts.This is to be fearless balkanize the place.The other guys usually view this as shit like shit what is this? Balkanization how to call it it causes war and they really have to prove what they are worth.They are usually caught by surprise because they do not wait that you will do what you actually do.

Quote: (02-23-2012 01:47 AM)travolta Wrote:  

1. open
2. Escalate
3. Logistics
4. Sexually escalate
5. Close

I think structure is the most important thing here. I always knew about style and confidence, etc. but my approach was jumbled, way too reliant on external factors.

Having a vaguely conscious structure turns the whole thing into more of a great jazz performance where you're free to improvise and riff with full confidence depending on the situation. But you also know where to come back to in order to move things along.

The presentation or implication of pre-selection is probably one of the other most important parts of game.

I think girls are mostly followers. So, if you can get them to believe that you are desired by lots of women, they will follow, even if they don't know why.

And this goes to an even deeper part of game- girls are not logical, they are emotional. If it feels right, but is logically wrong, they will go for it. If it is logically right, but feels wrong, they will not.

Roosh recently wrote a post about feeling Death around the corner or something like that. Wholeheartedly agree. I'm not the most persistent type, in fact I tend to be downright lazy about pursuing new lays. If one venue flops or is a total sausagefest, 90% of the time I'll just head home and call it quits.

Tonight I pushed just that little extra. First venue was a bust, had to weasel my way past a tight door for a more upscale venue, and got inside and lo and behold, two girls sitting by themselves while no less than 5 packs of guys were standing around the bar, looking around and doing god knows what EXCEPT approaching these two girls, both of them very fuckable. Every other girl in the bar was with a guy or group of guys. I got my drink and immediately sat down next to them and chatted em up. They were both unwinding from work and and very low energy, but I got a little interest. Nothing came of it, I didn't even want their number, but at the very least I got to practice some more and did a cold approach while 15 other guys in the bar got...well, each other. I think practicing and putting yourself out there as much as possible is really the most important thing.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK