rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Uterus transplant

Uterus transplant

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news...d=11336935

Quote:Quote:

In a medical first, a woman in Sweden has given birth after receiving a womb transplant, the doctor who performed the pioneering procedure said Friday.

The 36-year-old mother received a uterus from a close family friend last year. Her baby boy was born prematurely but healthy last month, and mother and child are now at home and doing well. The identities of the woman and her husband were not disclosed.

The feat opens up a new but still experimental alternative for some of the thousands of women each year who are unable to have children because they lost a uterus to cancer or were born without one.

For those of you with more medical knowledge than I possess, does this potentially open up the terrifying possibility that women who have waited too long can simply save a few eggs and get a uterus transplant in order to give birth? Or are there other physical factors other than a healthy uterus?

Uterus transplant

Quote: (10-03-2014 04:54 PM)Horus Wrote:  

In a medical first, a woman in Sweden has given birth after receiving a womb transplant, the doctor who performed the pioneering procedure said Friday.

The 36-year-old mother received a uterus from a close family friend last year. Her baby boy was born prematurely but healthy last month, and mother and child are now at home and doing well. The identities of the woman and her husband were not disclosed.

It shouldn't. She'll still need her eggs.

The feat opens up a new but still experimental alternative for some of the thousands of women each year who are unable to have children because they lost a uterus to cancer or were born without one.

For those of you with more medical knowledge than I possess, does this potentially open up the terrifying possibility that women who have waited too long can simply get a uterus transplant in order to give birth? Or are there other physical factors other than a healthy uterus?

It shouldn't. They still need their eggs.

Uterus transplant

Quote: (10-03-2014 04:56 PM)frenchie Wrote:  

It shouldn't. She'll still need her eggs.

For those of you with more medical knowledge than I possess, does this potentially open up the terrifying possibility that women who have waited too long can simply get a uterus transplant in order to give birth? Or are there other physical factors other than a healthy uterus?

It shouldn't. They still need their eggs.

Yeah, just before I saw your reply I edited my post to add "if they save a few eggs."

Uterus transplant

I wouldn't worry too much. This uterus was taken from a 61-year-old post-menopausal woman. That should signal to a careful reader that the uterus is not the main obstacle to fertility in older women. Besides, IVF treatments are already unbelievably costly, such that the idea of doing both IVF and paying for a uterus transplant is prohibitively expensive. There are a myriad of other concerns, but this cost as well as the ethical concerns should slow the adoption of this practice considerably.

Uterus transplant

Medical wise..This is some next level shit

I am the cock carousel

Uterus transplant

For those of you with more medical knowledge than I possess, does this potentially open up the terrifying possibility that women who have waited too long can simply save a few eggs and get a uterus transplant in order to give birth? Or are there other physical factors other than a healthy uterus?

I'm not concerned. When all the beta men have checked out and the tax fund finally dries up, how are the women going to pay for it? Their make-work jobs value will drop to zero.

Uterus transplant

Wouldn't be surprised if this were covered by health care insurance in the near future in order to empower the strong and independent women!

Quote: (10-03-2014 05:17 PM)ryanf Wrote:  

I'm not concerned. When all the beta men have checked out and the tax fund finally dries up, how are the women going to pay for it? Their make-work jobs value will drop to zero.

Uterus transplant

"Her womb is so polluted..."

@0:35:

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Uterus transplant

LOL.

I saw the comment that the person donating was 61 years old.

But, I thought it is sort of comedic if it was a younger chick. "Hey I had my 3 kids and since you waited so long, you can have my uterus I know it works. I'll sell it for a good price."

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Uterus transplant

So basically this woman's getting stuck on immunosuppressant drugs for life just so she can give birth herself instead of having her eggs planted in a surrogate? Seems pretty stupid to me.