rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Student Kills Classmate In Single Punch

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...fight.html

Good tragic yet manly story here. Bully was following some kid around, harassing and threatening him. After days of being bullied, the kid turns around and smashes the bullies face. Bully's head hits the concrete and he never wakes up.

It's terrible this happened, as a properly run school does not tolerate bullying, yet at the same time it's a good reminder how the world can force you to be a killer even if you don't want to be. The killer was found not guilty without any intention to commit manslaughter, as the requirement for any felony crime is intent to commit. The single punch was only for self defense.

The one punch KO'er:

[Image: 1412264018862_Image_galleryImage_A_17_ye...nt_who.JPG]

The deceased:

[Image: 1412264046091_Image_galleryImage_Dakota_...Gregar.JPG]

If it was my son who killed another man in such a fashion, I'd support him 100%. Every man has a right to defend himself. But at the same time I'd admonish him slightly for not understanding his true strength. Still it would not be very much his fault for not knowing his actual power, having just turned 16. And therein lies the appeal of this story, as a coming of age story.

Quote:Quote:

The school became divided in the aftermath of the fight, the World-Herald reported.

Escritt's friends decided to wear black to school while he was still in the hospital - and when Teer's friends caught wind of the plan, they decided to wear green.

But some students bucked both ideas and wore red and blue for a 'Unity Day' to show that the student body had to come together during the tough time.

Why do I have the feeling that the 'Unity Day' students will grow up into future SJW's... [Image: shudder.gif]

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Sounds like every fight I've ever been in.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

SHOOOORRRYUUKKKKENNNNN!
\n[Image: Ryu-sf2-shoryuken.gif]

I watched the video and dug into it a little more. The bully looks effeminate and noticeably smaller than the kid he was fucking with.

Generally starting a fight with someone bigger than you is a bad idea.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

Watch out Flloyd Mayweather.

This just in: they've located actual footage of the punch.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Sounds like this classic takedown, you should never fuck with someone bigger than you unless you know you can take them. I liked the kids footwork though.

Although the fattie ended up getting in trouble too on that one. Schools and their bull-shit no tolerance policies.

I've always said that the cure for bullying was a punch in the face.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

It was a freak accident that he died. There was some causation, but no foreseeability. He should not have been charged with any crime. I'm glad they are not going after the kid.

The tragic thing also to realize is that if these two parties had been adults, there probably would have been some criminal charge to come out of it. Sad, but true in today's society of chickenshits.

We'd be hearing stories about how the deceased was a "great guy" and a "fun-loving prankster" or a "gentle giant", rather than the truth: which is that he was a punk who needed a severe beating.

The press would also probe into the survivor's background and try to find things he said 10 years ago to prove he was this or that.

The thread title makes it sound like the guy's head exploded on contact with the other kid's fist.

The punch didn't kill him; the kid hitting his head on the concrete just right is what did it.

-Hawk

Software engineer. Part-time Return of Kings contributor, full-time dickhead.

Bug me on Twitter and read my most recent substantial article: Regrets

Last Return of Kings article: An Insider's Guide to the Masculine Profession of Software Development

It seems like the punch didn't kill him per se - he got knocked over and his head smacked the floor. Could happen from falling down drunk.

Quote: (10-02-2014 11:00 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Good tragic yet manly story here. Bully was following some kid around, harassing and threatening him. After days of being bullied, the kid turns around and smashes the bullies face.

Samseau, I get the impression that you sometimes intentionally twist facts around to fit your own biases.

From the article:

At the press conference, Wilber said that school records show that both boys had disrupted classes and been in fights, but never with each other before September 25.

A week before, Teer had collided with one of Escritt's friends, who had his arm in a cast, during a ballgame and the two boys argued, the Omaha World-Herald reported.

That night, Escritt sent Teer a message on Facebook telling him to leave his friends alone, and Teer responded with a similarly foul-mouthed message, telling the teenager to mind his own business.

Days later, Escritt was seen following Teer at school before pushing him, ultimately leading to the fatal shove.

I.e. two high school hotheads go to war over something that Teer started, and Escritt dies, and then you come here and post that Teer is some sort of hero for standing up to bullying when it was Teer who started the process by beating up one of Escritt's friends?

My legal view on this:

Involuntary manslaughter[edit]
Involuntary manslaughter is the unlawful killing of a human being without malice aforethought, either express or implied. It is distinguished from voluntary manslaughter by the absence of intention. It is normally divided into two categories; constructive manslaughter and criminally negligent manslaughter, both of which involve criminal liability.

Constructive manslaughter[edit]
Constructive manslaughter is also referred to as ‘unlawful act’ manslaughter. It is based on the doctrine of constructive malice, whereby the malicious intent inherent in the commission of a crime is considered to apply to the consequences of that crime. It occurs when someone kills, without intent, in the course of committing an unlawful act. The malice involved in the crime is transferred to the killing, resulting in a charge of manslaughter.

For example, a person who runs a red light driving a vehicle and hits someone crossing the street could be found to intend or be reckless as to assault or criminal damage (see DPP v Newbury[4]). There is no intent to kill, and a resulting death would not be considered murder, but would be considered involuntary manslaughter. The accused's responsibility for causing death is constructed from the fault in committing what might have been a minor criminal act. Reckless drinking or reckless handling of a potentially lethal weapon may result in a death that is deemed manslaughter.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manslaughte...nslaughter

It doesn't matter whether he had intent or not. Punching someone is unlawful, unless it's justified by self defense, and therefore there is criminal liability for its consequences, which in this case is death. The same concept of killing someone by accident when you drive. Just because you didn't intend to do it doesn't mean you can get away with it, you need to prove that you were doing everything 100% correct when driving, no drinking, no recklessness, no neglicence etc.

If the dead kid's bullying wasn't intense enough to justify a physical assault (a strong punch) as self defense, the punch was unlawful and therefore the kid committed involuntary manslaughter. I don't know if it could be considered self defense ( to me it doesn't sound like it could) but I think the wrong question (intent) was discussed in this case.

He rolled 3 natural 20s in a row.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (10-02-2014 11:51 PM)Thomas the Rhymer Wrote:  

Good tragic yet manly story here. Bully was following some kid around, harassing and threatening him. After days of being bullied, the kid turns around and smashes the bullies face.

Samseau, I get the impression that you sometimes intentionally twist facts around to fit your own biases.

From the article:

At the press conference, Wilber said that school records show that both boys had disrupted classes and been in fights, but never with each other before September 25.

A week before, Teer had collided with one of Escritt's friends, who had his arm in a cast, during a ballgame and the two boys argued, the Omaha World-Herald reported.

That night, Escritt sent Teer a message on Facebook telling him to leave his friends alone, and Teer responded with a similarly foul-mouthed message, telling the teenager to mind his own business.

Days later, Escritt was seen following Teer at school before pushing him, ultimately leading to the fatal shove.

I.e. two high school hotheads go to war over something that Teer started, and Escritt dies, and then you come here and post that Teer is some sort of hero for standing up to bullying when it was Teer who started the process by beating up one of Escritt's friends?

What did I misread? I think you may have misread. Go through it line by line:

Sound like regular boys to me.

So an accident precipitated everything. Another time I raise my eyebrow at the school - they let a kid whose arm is in a cast to play in a ballgame? How exactly did this happen?

So it was the kid who died who started it. Notice it says, "similarly foul-mouthed," so we know Escritt started with the aggression and it was returned to him.

Funnily enough, not only did you do the misreading, but then you projected it onto me and unintentionally may have revealed your own biases.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

They are both scrawny punks. 17 and practically no muscle mass?

While almost anybody can get fatally hurt by a fall to the floor, why is it always the weak or badly trained ones who get injured like that? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/l...ttack.html

We know the policy of the no-bullying crap going on. It is not as if he was jumping on his head while the other kid was on the floor.

When I was 17 I had already some serious muscle. I was teased or even bullied, because I was also a nerd (chemistry & foreign language olympics etc.). But it never really came to any fights. In those few fights that I was in, no one got hurt, because the guys challenging me were usually in equally good shape and we both had enough sense to stop whenever it could get really ugly. Boys will always fight at least a little - that is part of our nature.

Best advice is for 14-15-year-old guys to start lifting and working out. Even if they fall or get hurt, their sheer muscle mass and training will prevent them mostly from slamming into concrete like a bag of flour.

That is common knowledge now in pro-sports and that is why even players in Soccer or Tennis also train extra muscle, because it keeps injuries at bay.

Or you can just wait til he's standing on grass, then knock him the fuck out with multiple punches until you're pulled off by other people. In pretty much every case someone dies from a punch, it's a result of hitting the head on concrete on the way down. Self-defense can't be planned or premeditated, but if you're getting bullied, think tactically.

The foundation of combat is maximizing damage to the enemy while minimizing risk and exposure. When our ancestors fought, a 5 foot gap in the line could be the difference between the life and death of thousands. It's the same concept today, except risk and exposure now consist of legal and ethical boundaries, rather than physical ones. Fight smarter, not harder.

Quote: (10-03-2014 05:11 AM)Blick Mang Wrote:  

Or you can just wait til he's standing on grass, then knock him the fuck out with multiple punches until you're pulled off by other people. In pretty much every case someone dies from a punch, it's a result of hitting the head on concrete on the way down. Self-defense can't be planned or premeditated, but if you're getting bullied, think tactically.

The foundation of combat is maximizing damage to the enemy while minimizing risk and exposure. When our ancestors fought, a 5 foot gap in the line could be the difference between the life and death of thousands. It's the same concept today, except risk and exposure now consist of legal and ethical boundaries, rather than physical ones. Fight smarter, not harder.

I'm not sure that the first pre-scuffle thoughts of high school kids are "what would Rommel do?"

Quote: (02-26-2015 01:57 PM)delicioustacos Wrote:  
They were given immense wealth, great authority, and strong clans at their backs.

AND THEY USE IT TO SHIT ON WHORES!

Couldn't help myself

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

As a kid that got bullied hard growing up, it is good that this happened. Big, small, don't go starting crap. One less shit eating punk going around

It's incredibly sad, but ranks up there with drunk guys fighting at clubs ver women. Don't go starting fights!

I'm glad the court saw it this way as well.

My regret was not taking lifting seriously while growing up. Would have been less miserable.

Nobody dared pick on me in school, even though I was fat and socially awkward. They all thought I was an insane psychopath.

this is why I like jiujitsu. When I dealt with bullies in high school they would sit in a wristlock crying in pain while I told them to apologize, and not bother me again. There was no need to knock anyone out.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Quote: (10-03-2014 02:47 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

He rolled 3 natural 20s in a row.

Whaddya know? The DM's homebrew "Critical Hit/Critical Fumble" table actually came out in favour of the players for once! [Image: dodgy.gif]

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Quote: (10-03-2014 02:48 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

Quote: (10-02-2014 11:51 PM)Thomas the Rhymer Wrote:  

From the article:

What did I misread? I think you may have misread. Go through it line by line:

Sound like regular boys to me.

So an accident precipitated everything. Another time I raise my eyebrow at the school - they let a kid whose arm is in a cast to play in a ballgame? How exactly did this happen?

So it was the kid who died who started it. Notice it says, "similarly foul-mouthed," so we know Escritt started with the aggression and it was returned to him.

Funnily enough, not only did you do the misreading, but then you projected it onto me and unintentionally may have revealed your own biases.

Your intellectual dishonesty is staggering. You attack me instead of defending your position.

You said:

Explain the following:
- Why do you think this story was manly? This was two high school kids having a fight, little more.
- Why do you say 'after days of being bullied'? There is nothing in the article to suggest days of bullying?
- Why do you even use the word 'bully'? This was two kids having a fight. Pushing another guy you're angry with is hardly what I consider bullying. The article mentions nothing about bullying and there is no reason to suspect there was protracted bullying.

If you are willing to honestly respond to these points without resorting to ad hominem attacks upon myself, I'd be happy to engage you in constructive debate on this article, but frankly it appears that you started this thread with deliberate intentions to mislead to begin with. You are welcome to convince me otherwise and I will apologise if my view of your intentions turns out to be wrong.

Quote: (10-03-2014 07:04 AM)Krusyos Wrote:  

Nobody dared pick on me in school, even though I was fat and socially awkward. They all thought I was an insane psychopath.

I sure hope for your pecker's sake that you outgrew all three of those traits.... [Image: confused.gif]

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling