rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to get girls in college class talking

I'm in a 500 people college class, how do you get the conversation rolling beyond 'what do you think about the professor' type of questions, I find my conversations fizzle very quickly. I am below average in looks if that matters.

Run cold approach game.

Don't shit where you eat.

Seconded, don't shit where you eat.

Focus on your studies while in class. There's plenty of other girls in the halls, common areas, cafe, etc.

^^^ you have to be kidding. Don't shit where you eat applies to not fucking your co workers because it could hurt your job. In college, you have plenty of time to spit game before and after class to hot young co eds.

Keep it light and fun. "Hello, I'm ashraf. Which dorms do you live in?" or "what's your major" or "want to smoke some weed after class?" are all fine as openers.

edit, i am still sort of amazed that anyone on these forums would tell someone in college not to try to run game on the girls in his classes, let alone 2 guys in a row. It's like I entered the twilight zone.

Like eradicator said, class is great. Maybe don't shit where your eat applies to a class of 5, 15 or maybe 50.

Let's face it most people dislike being in any particular class and welcome any distraction, it's actually a perfect time to make friends and game girls.

Quote:MtnMan Wrote:  
Life is definitely too short to go without dome.

Classroom flirting in college is something I'll miss more than the parties.

Sit next to her, or if it's a pretty empty class one seat away.

Start off with small talk: "Man this professor is so boring!" Then just try to talk to them like you would in a nightlife venue. Ask about where they are from,etc. Talk about non academic things. Make yourself sound cool and on top of things, like you have a lot of connections on campus, and you're not only interested in studying.

After enough comfort is built tell her you should study together for a midterm or project and get her number.

What usually happens is if you study and work together, and if there is good chemistry, then you can text her on a weekend night and try to party with her, or invite her to a social event or date, or you may later run into her at a college party during the semester and if she's drunk she'll come up to you and hug you. Then you try to escalate. If during that semester no good opportunity comes up or you feel awkward asking her out in class, then just wait until the semester is over and randomly text her to ask her out. Of course none of this will work if you are a doormat just letting her use you to do work for her. Use her as much as she uses you so she knows you're not a chump.

First of all..

SMILE.

Then, start with the most obvious topics.. Ask questions and make statements related to:

The Class Subject
Notes
The Professor
Study Groups
Tests
Exams
Majors
Frats/Sororities
Campus Events
Current Events
Pop Culture
Etc.

Keep it simple.

Smile.

Be playful.

A good time to talk to them is one the way out of class. And, before class starts when people are waiting around.

If a girls says something interesting, clever, funny, or stupid in class, remember it and comment on it after class. Ask her about it.

Classrooms, workplace and such environments are only for those that can't encounter women outside these arenas. This should be a very last resort to pickup.

Quote: (09-15-2014 12:09 PM)LemonDrink Wrote:  

Classrooms, workplace and such environments are only for those that can't encounter women outside these arenas. This should be a very last resort to pickup.

Dude's in college and is in class with these people constantly. Nothing wrong with at least playing the field and seeing where it goes.

Strike up conversation about anything you possibly can in this setting. For college there should be no shortage of topics; take a look at her laptop, notebook, jewelry, writing instruments, calculator, backpack, etc.

You can use literally anything as a springboard for conversation in this setting.

-Hawk

Software engineer. Part-time Return of Kings contributor, full-time dickhead.

Bug me on Twitter and read my most recent substantial article: Regrets

Last Return of Kings article: An Insider's Guide to the Masculine Profession of Software Development

Quote: (09-15-2014 12:09 PM)LemonDrink Wrote:  

I'm lost with the "only" piece. It's not possible to "not" encounter women outside these venues.

And isn't workplace versus classroom two different ball games all together?

Are you speaking from experience?

Please explain as I think I'm missing something.

College classes are my strong suit aside from parties. It's usually a slow-burning affair, but the ability to demonstrate value and build rapport makes class-game a golden opportunity.

First, you open with something about the professor, class, homework, etc. Actually, my new go-to is.. "hey, I missed last class, do you take good notes" (in a discerning manner). *she says yes* "Okay, well do you think you can send me them from Tuesday?" *she says yes*. "what's your number" hand her the phone and now you have that cute girl from class's number. Proceed with texting game, but don't be over zealous and don't scare the cat.

Otherwise, ask where they live- which dorm, street, residence hall, apartment complex, etc. Ramble but don't be boring.

Then, you ask, "so do you go out?". Nearly every college girl will say yes. You then talk about what you did this past weekend, and you better make it sound exciting. Furthermore, ask her this in such a way where it seems like you think of her as a nerd who doesn't really get out much- classic negging.

Finally, you say something along the lines of, "well, we usually pre game at my place then head out to X bar/ we're going to a party on X street". Inviting a girl to a pre game is the PERFECT way escalate. Why?
1. It's low committal, so it's not like you're asking her to spend the whole night with you. Although most of the time, she will.
2. Like Roosh's teachings, it incorporates the venue change. She's at your place drinking with a more intimate crowd, then you go out to a bigger party and she latches on to you.
3. Quality intimate time. Be her partner in a drinking game. Get the conversation rolling, and escalate. Not hard stuff at this point.

Just remember- don't seem thirsty, display value, and seem like a fun person with connections.

What keyser said.

If it's a huge lecture like yours, game away. You can be bolder since a lot more opportunities to sit next to new people. Sit next to different people, chat during class, go for the number. You'll likely have upward of 50% flakes, don't be needy - if she doesn't text back, don't re-engage (you've been friend zoned), just be friendly if you run into her.

If it's a class under 100, you have to be less obvious as the class is more cohesive. Talk to the same girl or two over a couple classes, build rapport, then invite out for a drink.

In a class of under 30 I'd limit to 1-2 girls over the entire semester. A good baseline is don't make more an obvious pass at more than one girl for every 50 students in the class.

What you can do is 1) "hey, my friends had this crazy party last weekend and they're doing it again, you should come, what's your number?" 2) a day later be like "hey, party is cancelled, insert bullshit excuse, but we can grab drinks" 3) if no response, just move on, maybe invite out to a real party, but more likely she was a maybe girl who's just not interested.

Still be social with everyone, guys too. But if your game is weak, your program is small, and it's not your senior year, you'll want to avoid a reputation for spitting (bad) game on anything with tits. At its worst, your reputation can cock block you before you step into a room, girls might be MORE flirty but will use you only for an ego boost...you don't want to play that role on a freshman's college bucket list.

Data Sheet Maps | On Musical Chicks | Rep Point Changes | Au Pairs on a Boat
Captainstabbin: "girls get more attractive with your dick in their mouth. It's science."
Spaniard88: "The "believe anything" crew contributes: "She's probably a good girl, maybe she lost her virginity to someone with AIDS and only had sex once before you met her...give her a chance.""

thank you all for the good tips. forgot to mention i am middle eastern and speak with an accent. i noticed that they give me short abrupt answers and do not engage in conversation.

Quote: (09-10-2014 09:35 PM)ashraf Wrote:  

I'm in a 500 people college class, how do you get the conversation rolling beyond 'what do you think about the professor' type of questions, I find my conversations fizzle very quickly. I am below average in looks if that matters.

Let's get that study group popping!

WIA

Ashraf, I would make getting rid of your accent your first priority, on par with staying on top of the grades. Hearing international students trying to game is physically painful even to me when I'm an innocent bystander, and it just reinforces the American girls' desire/instincts to stay away. Just initiating dialogue is in and of itself awkward which would blow you out of the water, so the last thing you want to do is speak with an accent.

Some of them might fantasize about the exotic foreigner, but they're thinking about the Italian, French, British, maybe the Greek (the ones who aren't short/swarthy at any rate) guy. If you sound indistinguishable from a native-born Arabic guy, it'll make things much easier on you. Practice your English and that'll remove your biggest obstacle.

Quote: (09-18-2014 08:36 PM)ashraf Wrote:  

thank you all for the good tips. forgot to mention i am middle eastern and speak with an accent. i noticed that they give me short abrupt answers and do not engage in conversation.
In this case you might gain the most from just being friendly with everyone. Until you can have a "bus stop" level conversation with a stranger (just ramble for 5+ minutes about different free flowing topics) don't worry about hitting on girls. Get to the point where conversations with guys and girls you're not sexually attracted to feel comfortable (not stressful, you're not in your head). Then start hitting on girls you consider hot enough to bang. Be friendly with strangers, cashiers, etc.

Accent will likely never go away fully, you can work on it but you need to work both on your English speaking skills and shyness. An accent isn't bad. A strong accent and poor vocabulary / language mastery is. Listening to stand up comedy (and maybe hitting pause so you can repeat after the speaker) can help.

Data Sheet Maps | On Musical Chicks | Rep Point Changes | Au Pairs on a Boat
Captainstabbin: "girls get more attractive with your dick in their mouth. It's science."
Spaniard88: "The "believe anything" crew contributes: "She's probably a good girl, maybe she lost her virginity to someone with AIDS and only had sex once before you met her...give her a chance.""

Quote: (09-18-2014 08:36 PM)ashraf Wrote:  

forgot to mention i am middle eastern and speak with an accent. .

Oh!

In that case, you should also be working on your look and your accent.

You want to appear and sound more "westernized", if you are trying to get "western" women.

Middle Eastern accents are often not attractive to "westernized" women. If you want to get a better response from them, you must work to reduce your accent.

Working on your game often means working on 4 or 5 things at the same time.

It will take years, be patient and just keep moving in the direction of your dreams.

Work on your sense of humor: