rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Jakarta Datasheet (by Irish)

There's plenty enough chat on Jakarta on the forum, but thought I would throw up my own datasheet in a new thread given it's pretty detailed and the last datasheet on the place surprisingly appears to be over a year old. Plus I will be back over for weekends reasonably often so I will tag on more info on this thread as I develop more intel on the place and as the scene changes over time.

Note previous well put together and still very much relevant datasheets by Soma: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-22595-...#pid414219, Brodiaga: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-30...#pid607931, and Doc_J: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-25...#pid488173 which you can read in conjunction with the below to hopefully give you the most complete Jakarta info on RVF. Note we all mention a lot of the same places, so you know they're solid

I have been there for 3 pretty recent manic weekends now and have more lined up in the pipeline. Currently my favourite city to party in SE Asia, it seems like every time I go I punch massively above my weight compared to the other SE Asian cities I have been to (tho naturally you punch above your weight most places in SE Asia anyway). From Singapore its a pretty easy 2 hr flight over (and you gain an hour on the way despite heading east) so possible to fly after work on a friday and still get a solid friday night out in the city. Although 3 weekends are not a whole heap of time to really get a good feel for the place I also have information from numerous contacts I have built up there and from chat with the chicks I have hooked up with also. However I not only welcome but encourage other RVFers with more experience of living in Jakarta to contribute below. As I know there are a few of you. I'm sure you will both agree and disagree with a lot of the below but please add your input below so we have the most well rounded and complete datasheet as possible in one thread.

Accomodation & getting about
First off however I have to say this place aesthetically is a bit of a dump. One big ugly concrete jungle and all you're gonna hear about it how bad the traffic is. I'll not go into detail on that as you'll hear enough about it from everyone else. Just set aside A LOT of time for getting from A to B, as B will be either 15 minutes or 2 hours away depending on the time of day. And sometimes even getting to B isn't even possible without crossing 6 lanes of traffic then climbing over a wall. When booking a weekend there always seems to be good options on airbnb even at short notice, just try and stay south/central to be near all the good bars/clubs where you plan to go. You can opt to get a prepaid SIM card at the airport but what I have found is a lot of places on airbnb will give you the option of a 'bolt' wifi. For those who dont know, this basically is like mobile wifi/dongle which you can take outside with you and tether onto the 3G, thus you have wifi wherever you go. It is usually its small enough to fit in your pocket and is included in the price of the rental (bar a deposit if you lose/damage it etc), so it saves the hassle & cost of sorting out a SIM but they tend to be a bit temperamental performance wise, so ask ahead.

To be honest, theres fuck all to do during the day. For this reason I would max out my partying at night (till 6 or 7am) knowing I had nothing really to see or do the next day bar meet a chick or two. Often you can find a decent condo on airbnb with a nice pool area/gym etc so you can chill with mates, a good book, or a chick or two. Best place I stayed so far was at the Thamrin Residence (near Thamrin City) which had an excellent pool area w jacuzzi. Ideally also try and stay within walking distance of one of the big name malls like Plaza Indonesia or Grand Indonesia as from what I could tell they're the only nice places to be and you dont want to be dicking around with cabs/traffic. Particularly if arranging to meet chicks. I found the malls surprisingly plush, Plaza Indonesia especially with some serious big name shops selling expensive gear. However, nice as the malls are, unfortunately it seems as soon as you set foot outside you are straight back into concrete shithole land. I wasnt able to see any particularly nice central surrounding areas in general, however i didnt do much exploring around during the day (as normally sleeping off the prior night 9am finish hangover). The southern suburb part of the city seemed to be nicer when I was there back at a chicks place however. But any RVFers who stay(ed) longer term in Jaks please feel free to contribute/expand here if you are aware of any nice areas during the day.

taxis, always get either bluebird or silverbird taxis. I dont know how shifty the other cabs are but I had this heavily stressed to me by regulars to Jakarta so never questioned it. Also, if you are a white dude there seems to be some sort of expectation that you will give a very generous tip. Like its expected, they even have the cheek to sulk if your tip isnt big enough. Note as well the shitty road layout means that often to get somewhere involves driving 2 miles in the wrong direction just to get to a U turn spot. So dont assume the cab driver is taking the piss.

[Image: 3315213-Plaza_Indonesia_Jakarta_Special_...akarta.jpg]
Be near one of these places...

The white guy/ex pat factor

For a capital city, there are surprisingly few ex pat/white dudes kicking about the place say as compared to Manila/Bangkok etc. I normally would have assumed due to business etc there would be a fair number of caucasian folk but it was pretty rare for me to see ANY during the day. Given the place is a bit of a shithole you dont get many tourists as well which means as a white guy you are an especially rare breed. As a result you do get a bit of a stare down from the girls and the guys when you are about during the day. Nice when the girls check you out, not so nice when its the shifty looking dudes. At night more white dudes naturally come out to play and concentrate on certain bars/clubs but it really depends on where you go. Dragonfly club (see below) seems to have the highest concentration, and there's a fair few, but other clubs generally you still will be (and will feel like) a rare commodity as an expat. Which of course which you can and will work to your advantage.

Being generally fairly cheap to stay/eat etc there is a bit of cash flying around the place as you will see from the various high end shops in the high end malls. This also translates to some fairly punchy drink prices in the more flashy clubs so be careful as you can spend a lot on a night out. Just as well the night life is quality tho so you do get bang for your buck. Literally.

When to go and not to go
DO NOT go during the month of Ramadan. I have not been but apparently the whole place shuts down and all my sources advise me to avoid, those who want to keep the party going all head off to Bali who will have a lot of parties organised especially to cater for this. (see bottom for a link to my Bali-Seminyak datasheet)

Note as a result of the above, a surprising amount of the chicks between the Seminyak and Jakarta high end party scene know eachother and will often travel between the two so dont be surprised to run into chicks you met in Jakarta in Bali and visa versa. A lot of chicks I've rattled as well turn up as mutual friends with other chicks I've banged on my facebook too, which can make things interesting. I imagine if you lived there you would need to play it reasonably tactical as a result.

Also not a dealbreaker but best avoid the rainy season (nov - march) as well as it being pretty wet there can be some flooding etc causing traffic to be a bit more of a bitch

Girls
Indo chicks are my personal favourite of all the SE Asians. I love their look which looks to me almost like a fusion between arabic, chinese and South American. Lovely caramel skin and generally find a high proportion of 9s and 10s than the average. There is a higher proportion of rich well to do party chicks kicking about Jakarta and seem more 'westernised' than a lot of Filipina/Thai/Vietnamese i've met. So tend to have more personality and less conservative when comes to some no-strings-attached-hooking-up. Which is nice. But again with their more westernised nature, you also have the downside of them being more bitchy and you can get shot down hard. But they are definitely more susceptible to being gamed (and gaming you themselves) so if your game is tight, when it hits it HITS. These type of chicks are ideal for me as I prefer the more socialite/party chicks as tend to be more fun and more experienced/adventurous when it comes to hooking up. You dont get so much the shy nice conservative obedient SE Asian girl type here. These chicks like their parties, bottles and, on occasion, drugs. As expected there are plenty enough bottle rats and chicks looking freebie drinks, but they are not only much hotter than similar types ive experienced in other cities, they are more fun and dont take the piss nearly as much as their counterparts (say for example here in Singapore). Of course naturally the type of chick you generally get will vary greatly dependent on the type of venue you normally go to. But this is what I found frequenting the places I generally like (being the higher end bar/clubs) as compared to similar style venues in other cities ive been in.

[Image: nightlife+thai+girls.jpg]
General look & standard of the higher-end fluff you typically get

[Image: indonesian+sexy+girls+bali.jpg]
The more common darker skinned slutty type who tend more to hunt for white guys

[Image: event72%20(2).jpg]
Typical look of the younger types. Bless...

Nightlife

Based on my knowledge and party/game style from my weekends there, I have not been out midweek so can only advise on the Friday/Saturday situation

[Image: attachment.jpg21457]   
For good logistics you will want to focus your accommodation search roughly in and around this area...

CLUBS/LIVELY BARS
Dragonfly
My current favourite. Been 3 times, two Fridays and a Saturday night. However I noticed the place busier and the talent MUCH better on both the friday nights. If you like to rock the bottles/tables with your friends this is the place to do it. The layout of the club is quite open and hence ideal logistically for this where most tables will tend to generally be in a fairly open area merging in with the other table crowd or regular crowd depending on its location. In additon to a 'proper' table you also have the option of having a bottle at one off the communal tables next to the dancefloor area. You are bunched in next to everyone else and theres good human traffic passing back and forth (particularly the dancefloor side). Ideal for getting some chat going with people around you and pulling girls off the dancefloor or passing by. Drink prices were pretty punchy from memory but had such good nights in here and the talent is off the scale. Note this place is full of expat/white dudes however, way more so than any other Jaks club ive been to. However, this also means it is also full of chicks looking to hook up with white dudes. So, typical for the type of venue, you are going to get a lot of your gold diggers and freelance hooker types, but there's more than enough legit chicks to go round as well. And the fluff is superb, at one point i had no idea who to hit on next there were that many options. Your competition aint that stiff either, mostly well dressed gamma types and older dudes there on business with easily swoopable bottle rat girls. There's definitely a few players swinging about the place also but given there's more than enough ass to go around nobody's cutting anyone's grass and everyone's all quite friendly. If anything you'll probably pick up a couple of solid wingmen to deal with the overstock of chicks you'll end up with. Given the quality, quantity and friendliness of the chicks I recommend you really swing for the fence here. Dont settle for a 7.5. I hear Wednesday is also a big night here.

X-2
Tho I personally prefer DragonFly this is a favourite of the majority of RVFers I have spoken to who have plenty experience in Jakarta. So should be top of your list to check out. A much larger venue with a younger and less white crowd than DF. The place appears to be an amalgamation of 3 different clubs into the one place. We mainly focused on the largest room upstairs (called Equinox from memory) but there is a smaller bar on the same level next to it which is quieter and perfect for moving/isolating a chick you met to get a drink "so you can hear her properly" (or whatever your plausible deniability line of choice is). There is definitely more volume of people & chicks here tho the quality aint on the scale of Dragon Fly in my opinion, but I'm sure there are guys here who may disagree. I would say you get less of the high end indo party girl types and more cute younger ones, so depends on your tastes. (Note I'm mid 30s tho so would recommend the older dudes hit DF and the younger pre-30s go X2). I also noticed chicks here would be in larger groups, often mixed, and are more local with a fairly sizeable chinese representation. Although this is only going on one night so could've been a slightly different from the norm crowd.

Red Square
Russian style vodka bar across the road from X2, again only been in here once and wasn't overly impressed. Apparently used to be the place to go but has clearly since descended into hookerville. The plenty of old fat poorly dressed white dudes with young local chicks is a dead giveaway for this. Still there's a catwalk where chicks will strut up and down wearing very little. Its a good show if not much else

Blowfish
Spent not too long in here, seemed very young and chinese and I was literally the only white guy. Not that it seemed like a dodgy place but not really my bag. Didn't really spend long enough here to give the place a good audit but if you like your young chinese chicks and hard house music give this place a whirl.

Immigrant
Cannot comment as I have not been. Place was shut the last couple times ive been over but now re opened. However this place is another main player on the club scene so worth noting & checking out. It is on my list for when I go over on my next raid, I will report back here on how I get on.

Colosseum
Not done a proper night here but another big venue based further north of the city. Gets buzzing around the normal club time but also goes on pretty late as I understand. Potentially a viable after-party alternative to Millies (below) just not as drug heavy. I've been once but spent all night at the KTV with 9 mental Korean dudes (that's another story). Again is on the agenda for next time, will report back

BARS/MORE CHILLED
Skyebar
cracking bar with great views of Jakarta which you should go up to for at least one or two pregame drinks/cocktails. Unfortunately seems very touristy and couply. Don't come here if you are looking to pick up a lot of ass, as its very chilled venue plus is also very very dark so hard to see what your getting. but if you get sat next to a group of decent looking girls you're in like flynn. A little pricey from memory but its a very nice bar and worth checking out for a cheeky pre game mojito

Cloud
Similar to Skyebar, a chilled rooftop bar with a cracking view. I prefer skybar for the view and vibe but Cloud a bit more happening and more likely to getting chatting to randoms (and hence picking up) but it is also seemingly more toursty. But again, wouldnt go there if I was looking to score some chicks. But both Skyebar and Cloud would be good for a midweek date I imagine

AkiraBack
Throwing this one in here as a curveball as seems to be just a restaurant per google search there is a sizeable bar attached onto it to which we went along for opening night. Was a special event, invite only with TV crews there, local celebrities and an all night free bar (I only got on the list as the chick I was seeing was DJing). So it was not exactly representative of what a normal night there would be like. But its worth throwing up here as seemed to have an awesome vibe on the night and I think it's trying to establish itself on the scene. Had an absolutely blinding night tho as you would expect from a free bar all evening, I was suitably pissed and also made out with a local celebrity actress while my chick was busy/distracted on the decks. The perfect crime. So I am certainly keen to go back, but will need to report back here again when I have a 'proper/normal' night there. But potentially one to watch.

AFTERPARTY/POST 3AM
Millies
Based in the north of the city this appears to be the 'new stadium' - A place famous for drugs and dodgy dealings before it finally got shut down 4 months ago after an off duty police officer died of an overdose. Milies seems to have taken up the reins as the 'afterparty' venue where you get your pills. Been there a few times, tho rarely by choice. It sure has a shifty feel about it but not as bad as stadium was, you'll naturally be on your guard there a little but I never got any hassle. Tho most people are spaced out their nut there is still options for picking up chicks as a lot go there from the likes of DF/X2 to keep the party going. Tho majority will be on the drug hunt anyway and unlikely to be as open to hooking up as the other clubs. But there are still possibilities, plus any chick pullable from there is likely to be up for ANYTHING

As mentioned in a previous datasheet by Soma http://www.jakarta100bars.com/ still remains an excellent, and honest, resource for researching Jakarta nightlife. But of course you won't get the value add focus on where the best chicks go & your best options to get laid angle unique to a RVF datasheets [Image: wink.gif]

Also check out: http://beatmag.com/jak/ for what's on for the dates you are planning to be there. (Also mentioned in a previous DS but I understand is widely used by general party folk also)

That's all for now, comments & opinions more than welcome

Cheers

Irish

Thanks for this great datasheet! I would rep you again if I could.

I've read most of the content about Jakarta here on RVF, and the nightlife sounds amazing (although it appears that the clubs/bars and spread out quite a bit). Definitely a city I'd like to visit in the near future.

Irish,
Yet another smashing data man! Jakarta does indeed seems to be THE spot to party in SEA and I can't wait to get there this fall!

The girls look good, specially that girl in blue dress looks very appetizing!
Body wise, are the Indo chicks more curvy than the rest of SEA girls? With more tits and ass?

Cheers man!

Awesome breakdown Irish!!

Makes me want to book a ticket right now

Detective Rust Cohle: "All the dick swagger you roll, you can't spot crazy pussy?"

Great datasheet Irish, agreed in DF being the best on Wed and Fri.

Anyone been to Equinox on a Sat or been to Immigrant since it has reopened?

Quote: (09-06-2014 09:56 AM)Biologist Wrote:  

Thanks for this great datasheet! I would rep you again if I could.

I've read most of the content about Jakarta here on RVF, and the nightlife sounds amazing (although it appears that the clubs/bars and spread out quite a bit). Definitely a city I'd like to visit in the near future.

Bars/clubs aren't all that spread out to be fair geographically, the map above is focused in on the central/south area which has most places you want to be. However regardless you are still going to have to cab it between most, even ones very close by often still require a cab due to road layout (ie can be either side of a motorway with no way across)

Quote: (09-06-2014 12:04 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Irish,
Yet another smashing data man! Jakarta does indeed seems to be THE spot to party in SEA and I can't wait to get there this fall!

The girls look good, specially that girl in blue dress looks very appetizing!
Body wise, are the Indo chicks more curvy than the rest of SEA girls? With more tits and ass?

Cheers man!

Cheers man, appreciated. Yeah the indo chicks are definitely more curvy than rest of SE Asian chicks I find. Tho Filipinas are curvier you tend to get more fat ones, the majority of indo chicks just seem to hit the right balance of curves while still being slim IMO. I just love the look they have typified by the chick in the blue. Exotic look with nice caramel skin, but there is also a look in their eye which makes you know they're filthy and up for anything [Image: wink.gif]

Give me a shout what dates you plan to be there, an easy flight across for me and I take any excuse to go back for a weekend. Am actually planning to be back there the last weekend in October actually for a mate's birthday. Hopefully give Immigrant a whirl this time.

Quote: (09-07-2014 03:47 AM)Kangaroo Wrote:  

Great datasheet Irish, agreed in DF being the best on Wed and Fri.

Anyone been to Equinox on a Sat or been to Immigrant since it has reopened?

I was actually in Equinox on a Saturday night on my 2nd trip over. It is part of X-2, probably shouldve detailed that in the datasheet. X-2 seems to have different rooms to the same place but it is actually supposed to be 4 seperate bars/clubs: X2, Equinox, Diagonale and Ego Lounge . X-2 being the bottom floor, Equinox the 2nd largest room upstairs where I spent most of the night and the smaller quieter bar I mentioned I originally thought was Diagonale but after reading on jakarta100bars is actually in fact Ego Ultra Lounge which I didn't realise is VIP (tho seemed open to everyone the night I was there). I don't recall there being a 4th room/bar (Diagonale) but may have been closed off that night for some reason.

I quite liked Equinox, was definitely the most happening part of the whole club the night I was there. Plenty of quality fluff to swing at tho was a little packed and a hassle to move around. It's a bit less packed towards the back at the bar area which is where I focused most my time. As was able to pick off chicks going to and from the toilets (at the back)

Anyway, more detail about X-2 here

Irish

Will certainly let you know when I get there Irish!
Keep rocking man!

That's what's up! Many thanks for pushing this out.

I was seriously considering posting up in Dec but just read about the rainy season..

I take it the cost of taxi is similar to BKK and HCM, with the bottles being 30% pricier?

Do you have any cockblocking anecdotes and are the local guys chill with you swooping their finest honeys?

Quote: (09-08-2014 05:38 AM)Papi Rico Wrote:  

That's what's up! Many thanks for pushing this out.

I was seriously considering posting up in Dec but just read about the rainy season..

I take it the cost of taxi is similar to BKK and HCM, with the bottles being 30% pricier?

Do you have any cockblocking anecdotes and are the local guys chill with you swooping their finest honeys?

Cheers man, was long time promising this DS so good to finally find the time to type it up.

Rainy season is a pain in the ass but dont think it's a total dealbreaker to be honest, given there's fuck all to do outdoors anyway the only issue it creates is probably increased traffic issues due to flooding but don't think the capital is as badly affected as the more rural areas. I'll hit up some of my local chicks and see what they're saying, but I would say it's still worth heading over for a long weekend with a view to extend if you like the place.

I don't have as much experience with cabs in BKK & HCM but they were cheap enough without being total peanuts, tho be wary of the 'white guy tax' they'll either try slap on the fare or take an assumed tip off you. Tho often it's just the equivalent of $1

Bottles def are more expensive tho by how much I'm not sure. We bought one bottle in HCM from memory but was in the backpacker venue Go2 and we were completely smashed by this point anyway so can't remember how much it was. Other than it was cheap. But having said that a round of drinks in Chill Sky Bar was pretty spectacular from memory and the Jakarta venues mentioned above are more of that type of upper market place. So although Jakarta bottles can get closer to Singapore prices in the flashier venues, I guess it really depends where you go. But it definitely struck me as more expensive than you would expect for that type of city. However given the quality of the ass and nightlife I'm happy enough to cough up the extra wonga.

To be honest I don't recall getting cockblocked once in Jakarta. Having said that I dont recall a lot of stuff my weekends there have been that wild. In DF there isn't much in the way of local dudes from memory, X2/Equinox don't remember any incidents, in fact the chick I banged's hotter friend I also stole of another white dude. He did nothing. I was with the DJ chick in blowfish so didn't try much there but the dudes at our table seemed content for me to chat to their chicks while she was playing. Pretty much no issues all round. You sure don't get any hassle from local dudes, very few of which are particularly alpha. Nor do you get that fucking annoying sulky white knight mangina crap common to the younger sets here in Singapore (ie where some male 'friend' of the chick will stick to you two like glue, is all quiet and moody yet wont fuck off and stinks out the whole interaction)

Having said that, I wouldnt take that as a green light to launch yourself beast mode into a mixed set in one of the more dodgy venues such as Millies - not that that is your style, nor type of venue [Image: wink.gif] There are a few gangsters about in these sort of places and I wouldn't want to go piss any of them off....

Hit me up if you are heading over mate

Irish

You're on fire with the datasheets bro! Keep up the good intel!!!

Badass data sheet man, I really enjoyed it. Thank you for writing it up. Indonesian women look fairly sexy [Image: wink.gif]

+ 1 for a nice report on a place I am planning to visit next year.

Any experience with Daygame there?

Quote: (09-06-2014 08:38 AM)Irish Wrote:  

There's plenty enough chat on Jakarta on the forum, but thought I would throw up my own datasheet in a new thread given it's pretty detailed and the last datasheet on the place surprisingly appears to be over a year old. Plus I will be back over for weekends reasonably often so I will tag on more info on this thread as I develop more intel on the place and as the scene changes over time.

Note previous well put together and still very much relevant datasheets by Soma: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-22595-...#pid414219, Brodiaga: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-30...#pid607931, and Doc_J: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-25...#pid488173 which you can read in conjunction with the below to hopefully give you the most complete Jakarta info on RVF. Note we all mention a lot of the same places, so you know they're solid

I have been there for 3 pretty recent manic weekends now and have more lined up in the pipeline. Currently my favourite city to party in SE Asia, it seems like every time I go I punch massively above my weight compared to the other SE Asian cities I have been to (tho naturally you punch above your weight most places in SE Asia anyway). From Singapore its a pretty easy 2 hr flight over (and you gain an hour on the way despite heading east) so possible to fly after work on a friday and still get a solid friday night out in the city. Although 3 weekends are not a whole heap of time to really get a good feel for the place I also have information from numerous contacts I have built up there and from chat with the chicks I have hooked up with also. However I not only welcome but encourage other RVFers with more experience of living in Jakarta to contribute below. As I know there are a few of you. I'm sure you will both agree and disagree with a lot of the below but please add your input below so we have the most well rounded and complete datasheet as possible in one thread.

Accomodation & getting about
First off however I have to say this place aesthetically is a bit of a dump. One big ugly concrete jungle and all you're gonna hear about it how bad the traffic is. I'll not go into detail on that as you'll hear enough about it from everyone else. Just set aside A LOT of time for getting from A to B, as B will be either 15 minutes or 2 hours away depending on the time of day. And sometimes even getting to B isn't even possible without crossing 6 lanes of traffic then climbing over a wall. When booking a weekend there always seems to be good options on airbnb even at short notice, just try and stay south/central to be near all the good bars/clubs where you plan to go. You can opt to get a prepaid SIM card at the airport but what I have found is a lot of places on airbnb will give you the option of a 'bolt' wifi. For those who dont know, this basically is like mobile wifi/dongle which you can take outside with you and tether onto the 3G, thus you have wifi wherever you go. It is usually its small enough to fit in your pocket and is included in the price of the rental (bar a deposit if you lose/damage it etc), so it saves the hassle & cost of sorting out a SIM but they tend to be a bit temperamental performance wise, so ask ahead.

To be honest, theres fuck all to do during the day. For this reason I would max out my partying at night (till 6 or 7am) knowing I had nothing really to see or do the next day bar meet a chick or two. Often you can find a decent condo on airbnb with a nice pool area/gym etc so you can chill with mates, a good book, or a chick or two. Best place I stayed so far was at the Thamrin Residence (near Thamrin City) which had an excellent pool area w jacuzzi. Ideally also try and stay within walking distance of one of the big name malls like Plaza Indonesia or Grand Indonesia as from what I could tell they're the only nice places to be and you dont want to be dicking around with cabs/traffic. Particularly if arranging to meet chicks. I found the malls surprisingly plush, Plaza Indonesia especially with some serious big name shops selling expensive gear. However, nice as the malls are, unfortunately it seems as soon as you set foot outside you are straight back into concrete shithole land. I wasnt able to see any particularly nice central surrounding areas in general, however i didnt do much exploring around during the day (as normally sleeping off the prior night 9am finish hangover). The southern suburb part of the city seemed to be nicer when I was there back at a chicks place however. But any RVFers who stay(ed) longer term in Jaks please feel free to contribute/expand here if you are aware of any nice areas during the day.

taxis, always get either bluebird or silverbird taxis. I dont know how shifty the other cabs are but I had this heavily stressed to me by regulars to Jakarta so never questioned it. Also, if you are a white dude there seems to be some sort of expectation that you will give a very generous tip. Like its expected, they even have the cheek to sulk if your tip isnt big enough. Note as well the shitty road layout means that often to get somewhere involves driving 2 miles in the wrong direction just to get to a U turn spot. So dont assume the cab driver is taking the piss.

[Image: 3315213-Plaza_Indonesia_Jakarta_Special_...akarta.jpg]
Be near one of these places...

The white guy/ex pat factor

For a capital city, there are surprisingly few ex pat/white dudes kicking about the place say as compared to Manila/Bangkok etc. I normally would have assumed due to business etc there would be a fair number of caucasian folk but it was pretty rare for me to see ANY during the day. Given the place is a bit of a shithole you dont get many tourists as well which means as a white guy you are an especially rare breed. As a result you do get a bit of a stare down from the girls and the guys when you are about during the day. Nice when the girls check you out, not so nice when its the shifty looking dudes. At night more white dudes naturally come out to play and concentrate on certain bars/clubs but it really depends on where you go. Dragonfly club (see below) seems to have the highest concentration, and there's a fair few, but other clubs generally you still will be (and will feel like) a rare commodity as an expat. Which of course which you can and will work to your advantage.

Being generally fairly cheap to stay/eat etc there is a bit of cash flying around the place as you will see from the various high end shops in the high end malls. This also translates to some fairly punchy drink prices in the more flashy clubs so be careful as you can spend a lot on a night out. Just as well the night life is quality tho so you do get bang for your buck. Literally.

When to go and not to go
DO NOT go during the month of Ramadan. I have not been but apparently the whole place shuts down and all my sources advise me to avoid, those who want to keep the party going all head off to Bali who will have a lot of parties organised especially to cater for this. (see bottom for a link to my Bali-Seminyak datasheet)

Note as a result of the above, a surprising amount of the chicks between the Seminyak and Jakarta high end party scene know eachother and will often travel between the two so dont be surprised to run into chicks you met in Jakarta in Bali and visa versa. A lot of chicks I've rattled as well turn up as mutual friends with other chicks I've banged on my facebook too, which can make things interesting. I imagine if you lived there you would need to play it reasonably tactical as a result.

Also not a dealbreaker but best avoid the rainy season (nov - march) as well as it being pretty wet there can be some flooding etc causing traffic to be a bit more of a bitch

Girls
Indo chicks are my personal favourite of all the SE Asians. I love their look which looks to me almost like a fusion between arabic, chinese and South American. Lovely caramel skin and generally find a high proportion of 9s and 10s than the average. There is a higher proportion of rich well to do party chicks kicking about Jakarta and seem more 'westernised' than a lot of Filipina/Thai/Vietnamese i've met. So tend to have more personality and less conservative when comes to some no-strings-attached-hooking-up. Which is nice. But again with their more westernised nature, you also have the downside of them being more bitchy and you can get shot down hard. But they are definitely more susceptible to being gamed (and gaming you themselves) so if your game is tight, when it hits it HITS. These type of chicks are ideal for me as I prefer the more socialite/party chicks as tend to be more fun and more experienced/adventurous when it comes to hooking up. You dont get so much the shy nice conservative obedient SE Asian girl type here. These chicks like their parties, bottles and, on occasion, drugs. As expected there are plenty enough bottle rats and chicks looking freebie drinks, but they are not only much hotter than similar types ive experienced in other cities, they are more fun and dont take the piss nearly as much as their counterparts (say for example here in Singapore). Of course naturally the type of chick you generally get will vary greatly dependent on the type of venue you normally go to. But this is what I found frequenting the places I generally like (being the higher end bar/clubs) as compared to similar style venues in other cities ive been in.

[Image: nightlife+thai+girls.jpg]
General look & standard of the higher-end fluff you typically get

[Image: indonesian+sexy+girls+bali.jpg]
The more common darker skinned slutty type who tend more to hunt for white guys

[Image: event72%20(2).jpg]
Typical look of the younger types. Bless...

Nightlife

Based on my knowledge and party/game style from my weekends there, I have not been out midweek so can only advise on the Friday/Saturday situation

For good logistics you will want to focus your accommodation search roughly in and around this area...

CLUBS/LIVELY BARS
Dragonfly
My current favourite. Been 3 times, two Fridays and a Saturday night. However I noticed the place busier and the talent MUCH better on both the friday nights. If you like to rock the bottles/tables with your friends this is the place to do it. The layout of the club is quite open and hence ideal logistically for this where most tables will tend to generally be in a fairly open area merging in with the other table crowd or regular crowd depending on its location. In additon to a 'proper' table you also have the option of having a bottle at one off the communal tables next to the dancefloor area. You are bunched in next to everyone else and theres good human traffic passing back and forth (particularly the dancefloor side). Ideal for getting some chat going with people around you and pulling girls off the dancefloor or passing by. Drink prices were pretty punchy from memory but had such good nights in here and the talent is off the scale. Note this place is full of expat/white dudes however, way more so than any other Jaks club ive been to. However, this also means it is also full of chicks looking to hook up with white dudes. So, typical for the type of venue, you are going to get a lot of your gold diggers and freelance hooker types, but there's more than enough legit chicks to go round as well. And the fluff is superb, at one point i had no idea who to hit on next there were that many options. Your competition aint that stiff either, mostly well dressed gamma types and older dudes there on business with easily swoopable bottle rat girls. There's definitely a few players swinging about the place also but given there's more than enough ass to go around nobody's cutting anyone's grass and everyone's all quite friendly. If anything you'll probably pick up a couple of solid wingmen to deal with the overstock of chicks you'll end up with. Given the quality, quantity and friendliness of the chicks I recommend you really swing for the fence here. Dont settle for a 7.5. I hear Wednesday is also a big night here.

X-2
Tho I personally prefer DragonFly this is a favourite of the majority of RVFers I have spoken to who have plenty experience in Jakarta. So should be top of your list to check out. A much larger venue with a younger and less white crowd than DF. The place appears to be an amalgamation of 3 different clubs into the one place. We mainly focused on the largest room upstairs (called Equinox from memory) but there is a smaller bar on the same level next to it which is quieter and perfect for moving/isolating a chick you met to get a drink "so you can hear her properly" (or whatever your plausible deniability line of choice is). There is definitely more volume of people & chicks here tho the quality aint on the scale of Dragon Fly in my opinion, but I'm sure there are guys here who may disagree. I would say you get less of the high end indo party girl types and more cute younger ones, so depends on your tastes. (Note I'm mid 30s tho so would recommend the older dudes hit DF and the younger pre-30s go X2). I also noticed chicks here would be in larger groups, often mixed, and are more local with a fairly sizeable chinese representation. Although this is only going on one night so could've been a slightly different from the norm crowd.

Red Square
Russian style vodka bar across the road from X2, again only been in here once and wasn't overly impressed. Apparently used to be the place to go but has clearly since descended into hookerville. The plenty of old fat poorly dressed white dudes with young local chicks is a dead giveaway for this. Still there's a catwalk where chicks will strut up and down wearing very little. Its a good show if not much else

Blowfish
Spent not too long in here, seemed very young and chinese and I was literally the only white guy. Not that it seemed like a dodgy place but not really my bag. Didn't really spend long enough here to give the place a good audit but if you like your young chinese chicks and hard house music give this place a whirl.

Immigrant
Cannot comment as I have not been. Place was shut the last couple times ive been over but now re opened. However this place is another main player on the club scene so worth noting & checking out. It is on my list for when I go over on my next raid, I will report back here on how I get on.

Colosseum
Not done a proper night here but another big venue based further north of the city. Gets buzzing around the normal club time but also goes on pretty late as I understand. Potentially a viable after-party alternative to Millies (below) just not as drug heavy. I've been once but spent all night at the KTV with 9 mental Korean dudes (that's another story). Again is on the agenda for next time, will report back

BARS/MORE CHILLED
Skyebar
cracking bar with great views of Jakarta which you should go up to for at least one or two pregame drinks/cocktails. Unfortunately seems very touristy and couply. Don't come here if you are looking to pick up a lot of ass, as its very chilled venue plus is also very very dark so hard to see what your getting. but if you get sat next to a group of decent looking girls you're in like flynn. A little pricey from memory but its a very nice bar and worth checking out for a cheeky pre game mojito

Cloud
Similar to Skyebar, a chilled rooftop bar with a cracking view. I prefer skybar for the view and vibe but Cloud a bit more happening and more likely to getting chatting to randoms (and hence picking up) but it is also seemingly more toursty. But again, wouldnt go there if I was looking to score some chicks. But both Skyebar and Cloud would be good for a midweek date I imagine

AkiraBack
Throwing this one in here as a curveball as seems to be just a restaurant per google search there is a sizeable bar attached onto it to which we went along for opening night. Was a special event, invite only with TV crews there, local celebrities and an all night free bar (I only got on the list as the chick I was seeing was DJing). So it was not exactly representative of what a normal night there would be like. But its worth throwing up here as seemed to have an awesome vibe on the night and I think it's trying to establish itself on the scene. Had an absolutely blinding night tho as you would expect from a free bar all evening, I was suitably pissed and also made out with a local celebrity actress while my chick was busy/distracted on the decks. The perfect crime. So I am certainly keen to go back, but will need to report back here again when I have a 'proper/normal' night there. But potentially one to watch.

AFTERPARTY/POST 3AM
Millies
Based in the north of the city this appears to be the 'new stadium' - A place famous for drugs and dodgy dealings before it finally got shut down 4 months ago after an off duty police officer died of an overdose. Milies seems to have taken up the reins as the 'afterparty' venue where you get your pills. Been there a few times, tho rarely by choice. It sure has a shifty feel about it but not as bad as stadium was, you'll naturally be on your guard there a little but I never got any hassle. Tho most people are spaced out their nut there is still options for picking up chicks as a lot go there from the likes of DF/X2 to keep the party going. Tho majority will be on the drug hunt anyway and unlikely to be as open to hooking up as the other clubs. But there are still possibilities, plus any chick pullable from there is likely to be up for ANYTHING

As mentioned in a previous datasheet by Soma http://www.jakarta100bars.com/ still remains an excellent, and honest, resource for researching Jakarta nightlife. But of course you won't get the value add focus on where the best chicks go & your best options to get laid angle unique to a RVF datasheets [Image: wink.gif]

Also check out: http://beatmag.com/jak/ for what's on for the dates you are planning to be there. (Also mentioned in a previous DS but I understand is widely used by general party folk also)

That's all for now, comments & opinions more than welcome

Cheers

Quote: (09-08-2014 05:17 PM)Dantes Wrote:  

+ 1 for a nice report on a place I am planning to visit next year.

Any experience with Daygame there?

Cheers man, appreciated

I'm not much of a daygamer myself and most of the daytime I spent in Jakarta was either out meeting a chick, in bed banging a chick or sleeping off a 7am finish with hangover. However on the odd occasion I was out and about the malls I would spy some pretty tidy girls who were out by themselves or in pairs. Opened a few at coffee shops with some lighthearted banter without taking it much further than that.

Perhaps a more experienced daygamer here who has been out and about Jakarta would would have a more rounded opinion on this. But there was from what I could tell definite possibilities kicking around if you stayed in the large fancy malls like Plaza Indonesia and Grand Indonesia (which was perhaps better as had more mainstreet stores and more options for coffee shops and dining for insta-dates). But as I said daygame aint really my scene to be honest so I wouldn't take that as gospel...

Irish

As an alternative to the area around Grand Indonesia, I would suggest checking out Senopati. There are many nice (expensive) restaurants there and less of a dumpy atmosphere, while still being very near to several malls (Senayan, Pacific place) and clubs (X2, fable).

Great data sheet!

A few things to add:

- Nightlife seems pretty quiet from Sunday till Tuesday. Went out a to a few places at different days and even though there were a few events advertised on http://www.indonesiaclubbing.com/ nothing much was going on

- Bats at La Shangri Hotel (near Grand Indonesia) was the only choice at these days and seems always crowded. It is a bar with small dancefloor, cool live music and expensive drink prices. The place is full with freelance hookers, who seem a bit more "upscale and classier" than their asian counterparts. Shoring seems super easy as I had a few hoes telling me about their good office jobs and offering me shots. Just play the naive guy. I went for one of the few expat girls that got lost there, so cannot confirm the whole deal

- Daygame: As in most Asian cities it can be hard to find the hotties during the day, unless you are hanging out in the most expensive places all the time. Grand Indonesia is your best choice from my experience, as it has the most girls. Even at the two high end malls in Senayan you might walk around for a while and not find any hot girls. Especially as during early daytime the malls can be quiet empty.

When approaching in these places I usually got two different kind of approaches: Either the girl is very open and happy to talk or she tries to ignore me as good as possible and just moves on. I guess the later option has something to do that many women arrive and leave these places with their chaffeurs in expensive cars and who knows who is paying their for the shopping...

- On the way to Jakarta: Most Indonesian stewardess are hot and make the perfect girls, as their bad working schedule often does not allow for a relationship. So keep your eyes open on the plane and at the airport.

Ok, I know I've made some pretty unpopular posts that run counter to what these kind of Jakarta threads say, but here I go again. (To the OP, great effort on describing Jakarta - while I don't agree with everything, you've given a comprehensive overview of your thoughts, which is great)

As someone who has lived in Jakarta for quite some time, I can quite comfortably say that I have seen a different side to Jakarta than a few of the people on this forum who have just been visiting.

Again, these are just my opinions!

- the girls aren't as easy as many on here make out. You of course will stumble upon girls who are willing to have a one night stand. This is true of many, many places. If we are talking Asia, I have seen easier girls in Bangkok, Manila, Siem Reap and Chiang Mai. Sure, it's better than Singapore and KL, but too many times on here I've seen it basically described as the easiest place in the world (not by you, Irish, mind you!). In fact, outside of two or three clubs in Jakarta, it's difficult for a tourist with no bahasa to get an 'easy lay' in a club in Jakarta. And even in those two or three clubs, the chances of bagging an objectively good looking girl aren't high.

The places I'm talking about that are supposedly 'easier' are Red Square, X2, Dragonfly (along with Milles and (RIP...) Stadium). Red Square is closed for starters (pending re-opening). In X2 you will find a smattering of girls who are flirty and a certain portion who want to fuck a white guy. But in my experience, take them out from the darkness of a club and you are left with a typical club girl who wears a bit too much makeup and is terrible at sex. Lovely girls, but usually the epitome of a 5/10. I do not find the girls at X2 attractive at all, generally, and when my friends suggest we go there, I usually politely suggest somewhere different haha!

Dragonfly certainly has its nights, and you can find some very hot girls here, but the best ones are usually taken or complete headcases (believe me on the headcases part), and the rest are hangers-on - nothing to write home about.

Milles and Stadium, well, the less written about those the better. You are more likely to get your wallet swiped than meet a good girl (sadly, this has happened twice to me hahah!). Most girls from these north Jakarta clubs are after a buck or a pill. You can find a couple that will go home with you, but they are bad quality, so what is the point.

It's great to hear guys like Irish have snagged some hot girls. Honestly though, I have seen lots of tourists suffering the opposite fate. As I posted in another thread, I have female indonesian friends who know exactly how to play white guys, and will string them along for all they're worth and never give them anything. Seen it too many times. Also, from random observations in clubs, when I see a white guy leaving with an indonesian girl, she is generally not exactly what I would consider 'hot'. Maybe i have different conceptions of what hot is, but to me, the hot girls in Jakarta are the generally less attainable ones in blowfish, colosseum - you'll spot them briefly dancing in the open, sexy as hell, before they retreat to their rich Chinese boyfriend with 6 or 7 bottles on his table and a lamborghini parked outside. X2 and Dragonfly girls are predominantly club-rats and part time hairdressers. Each to their own though....

- the drinks are very pricey. Jakarta is by no means a cheap city. Accomodation in my opinion is ridiculously inflated and anything other than drinking Bintang is going to set you back at almost western prices in a club (or more). Taxis are super cheap but the traffic is a hassle. And contrary to what Irish said, I'd be careful coming to jakarta during rainier months (january/february) - this year they weren't so bad but at the start of 2013 shit was horrendous. Big parts of central jakarta were under a couple of feet of water for days on end which rendered the whole place a nightmare.

- Indo girls are great fun and have amazing personalities. You will find a lot of naturally beautiful girls here. Just not so much in clubs, in my opinion. A lot of the more naturally beautiful ones are students without the disposable income to go clubbing. They are also more likely to be more devoutly muslim and thus a fair bit more conservative. Girls in clubs are either chinese-indo with lots of money, or Indo girls who have a decent job or a rich white guy to pay their entry/drinks.

- Indonesia outside of Jakarta is a great place to visit. Truth be told, I don't really like living in jakarta (I do it for work). But Java/Sumatra/Bali/Lombok are great to visit - although the Indonesian government doesnt exactly make it easy - limited 30day visa, terrible infrastructure, tourist traps etc. Happy to provide tips to anyone who wants to travel around greater Indonesia.

In summary, I'm sorry to have painted a negative picture that largely goes against the OP (hey, you did ask for contributions hahah!) but I just wanted to throw in my 2c from the perspective of someone who has lived here a while (not that that makes my opinion any more valid than anyone elses).

Again, thanks for the OP.

I was in Jakarta just last week. Decided on just writing my post on here. I'm late 20s male Asian American, 6ft and 185 lbs 10% bf. I went with mostly tinder/okcupid game ended up in 5 days banging around 11 girls then spent around another 2 of the days just spent sightseeing with my main squeeze outside Jakarta in Bogor.

I stayed in Central Jakarta and most the girls I spent time with were Indo/Chinese though a couple were Javanese.

Logistics and game went mostly like this. 1hr spent swiping being pretty strict. About 90% ended up being mutual likes small chat then push to meetup for next day separating the day into morning, lunch, evening, and late evening. Students aged 18-24 usually morning, business professionals lunch(mid 20s), and evening usually top pick since most are free during this time.

Morning dates included breakfast or brunch followed by escalation then bounce back to my place to grab more water for my apartment. Lunch was usually just lunch with the business professionals with chance to escalate to my place later in the evening after their work. All dates were walking distance(apartment) for me in Grand Indonesia though some of the lunch dates were in Pacific Place due to many professionals working in the area(banking). Out of all the girls 4 came directly to my apartment without meeting up beforehand. Around 4 required meeting for coffee first then bounce and rest required 1 date then separate date at my place for "cuddles".

Out of all the girls many were extremely nice I even got invited out to a fashion show as arm candy for one of the girls. Had a nice date with one at Skye Bar(rooftop bar) where I had another girl interrupt my reservation process by saying "Hi Baby" multiple times right in front of my date! I didn't notice it but one of the girls said I was getting stares left and right but I didn't seem to notice anything.

BTW my results may vary my second pic on tinder was a mirror shot without shirt on that looked like this http://imgur.com/KmzlFnE (will only leave this up temporarily). I also do extremely well in the USA and have intermediate game here (mostly online now).

I will post some of the pics of the girls I hooked up with on here after work just for reference. Here is one for now http://imgur.com/AzF93m7 NSFW! Will delete as well soonish.

Hi guys,

Here is my contribution to the thread.

This is a list of stuff that I wish I knew before I got there. As it was I had a very slow start and pretty much wasted the first week and a half.

I just spent 3.5 weeks in Jakarta and fucked 18 girls. Most of my success came from online. Club game has not been my strong suit so on club nights I usually refused to fuck girls that I had met online just so that I could try (and usually fail hahaha) to pull from a club.

Personally I think learning the stuff I've written here was one of the most rewarding parts of the trip. You may want to skip reading this if you feel the same way.

Girls
1. I feel like the consensus on the forum is that a typical Jakarta experience is to bang an endless stream of 5s. This was not my experience. Yes, I banged a few 5s due to lapses in screening. I also banged a lot of girls who I thought were 8s and above. I feel good remembering them as I write this!
2. I loved the variety of girls in Jakarta. I banged Indonesian, Chinese and Arab girls. I banged Muslims, Catholics and Atheists. They had different looks and bodies. It was fun to bang a rail thin girl in the afternoon and a girl with huge tits at night.
3. I was able to have nine dates a week by working and planning ahead, but I had a high flake rate. It surprised me but the flakes were literally always considerate and initiated rescheduling. The best part was that almost every time that I was flaked on I found another girl for that night at the last minute. The last minute arrangements actually turned out to be some of the most memorable experiences and I was often really glad to get flaked on because it was more of an adventure.
4. Many girls seemed open to being fucked even though they have a boyfriend. They gave me their facebook even though they were posting photos of themselves hugging their boyfriend on a daily basis. I chose to avoid these girls just because I thought they might be drama.
5. It was possible for me but very annoying to have more than one date a night because traffic is so bad. Jakarta girls are usually 30-60 minutes late for anything, and they have little remorse for it because most locals are the same. Then again I was usually late too because I had no interest in waiting for them.
6. I found there was no harm in asking a girl to come to my place for the first date. If she didn't want to she didn't hold it against me and she would suggest another place.
7. Location in the city seemed to be very important. The second or third question a Jakarta girl asked me, in person or online, was usually "where are you staying".
8. It seemed to be hardest to schedule dates on Friday and Saturday since most girls seemed to go out with friends every Friday and Saturday.
9. It's normal for girls to go “clubbing” on Sundays but don't be fooled this is usually a tame night.
10. I needed a lot of numbers because girls were frequently traveling to Bali, Singapore, etc.
11. If a girl was at my place she was almost always going to fuck even if she gave zero signs of interest. This included girls who swore on the Koran that they never fuck guys on the first date.
12. I often got significant resistance to sex. I endured many long speeches about how Jakarta girls are an embarrassment to the city and white men are evil for treating Jakarta girls the way they do, only to fuck the girl shortly after.
13. I did not get cockblocked even once. In fact, a girl's friends would go out of their way to help her get laid.
14. Most people in Jakarta seem to think that it is even easier for westerners to fuck Jakarta girls than it is. They think I would walk into a club or a bar and the ayam and the chickens would walk right up and start grinding me. It still took work, or at least it did for me.
Online Game
1. I needed a system for keeping track of girls, ranking them, tracking when they are out of town, which of them have boyfriends, and if I am worried about their appearance.
2. I should have always asked for her facebook or instagram before meeting. They seemed to expect it. Even if they are hot in their photos facebook and instagram told me how old the photos were.
3. I should have always asked her to send me a photo of how she looks right now before meeting her.
4. Photos were sometimes deceiving in an unexpected way. Many of the hottest girls that I was with looked only cute in their photos.
5. I mostly met girls that have some money. These girls bought me drinks, they took taxis, they had cars and some had drivers. But I usually paid and most girls seemed to expect it.
6. I needed to redefine what "close by" to my place meant. Girls would often take hour long taxi rides to see me. A large radius helped with Tinder.
Clubs
1. It seemed like an incredible number of the guys were gay and they did not cockblock.
2. I hit on many girls who were in couples and several times the guys were very friendly and introduced me to their friends.
3. I had to try a few clubs until I found one that seemed right for me.
4. Jakarta is a huge city, but it seemed small when I went clubbing or to bars. I would often see people from previous nights.
Transportation
1. I started saving hours of my life by taking ojek during times of traffic.
2. It was crucial to keep my phone from dying when I was going to be an area I didn't know well. I needed google maps.
3. Memorizing the basic bahasa required to tell a taxi driver to go left, right, straight and slow down made my life a lot easier.
4. Memorizing the names of landmarks near where I was going made my life a lot easier. Taxi drivers rarely knew street names.
5. Taxi drivers responded well to being yelled at. They often would not listen to me unless I yelled.
6. Everyone told me to only take bluebird and express taxis, but I never had any problems when I was in sketchy taxis. Then again I yelled at them constantly so they may have thought I was a little aggressive.

Damn good summary! Thanks. Seems like my experience in Manila and Davao. Got very low return in the clubs, but online quality was fine as long as you screened.
The variety of chicks is what might just put Jakarta above any city in the Phils. This is needed as in the Phils you start getting bored of the chicks fast. My brother went to Jakarta last month and had the same experience.

Quote: (09-12-2014 01:43 PM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

Damn good summary! Thanks. Seems like my experience in Manila and Davao. Got very low return in the clubs, but online quality was fine as long as you screened.
The variety of chicks is what might just put Jakarta above any city in the Phils. This is needed as in the Phils you start getting bored of the chicks fast. My brother went to Jakarta last month and had the same experience.

I think the problem is that most girls in Jakarta is too small to keep meeting girls online. Some of the girls that I messaged online recognized me in clubs. I pipelined on a shitty site and every girl from that site matched me on tinder. Another guy also had a number of the same matches as me.

Based on the fact that a lot of you guys use tinder in Jakarta, I decided to check it out today. I feel like the grinch in this thread, but honestly the quality of girls was really really bad.

Quote: (09-13-2014 09:05 AM)echo park Wrote:  

Based on the fact that a lot of you guys use tinder in Jakarta, I decided to check it out today. I feel like the grinch in this thread, but honestly the quality of girls was really really bad.

Make sure your age range is 18-25, set your location to a business district and only swipe the girls you would bang. For me it seemed like they almost all matched, but I didn't count.

Quote: (09-12-2014 04:26 PM)bigbait Wrote:  

I think the problem is that most girls in Jakarta is too small to keep meeting girls online. Some of the girls that I messaged online recognized me in clubs. I pipelined on a shitty site and every girl from that site matched me on tinder. Another guy also had a number of the same matches as me.

True, it is surprisingly small. I ran into a few chicks that I had pulled from the previous trip over, in fact I even bumped into a previous bang from Bali in Milies. Added some of the chicks on facebook and they almost always pop up as mutual friends with eachother (leading to some awkward questions later)

Quote: (09-13-2014 09:05 AM)echo park Wrote:  

I don't like to use tinder a lot as the quality you generally get is a couple of points below what is obtainable in the bars/clubs. But when I land in a new city I do like to fire it up just to experiment with what level of response I get to try and 'gauge the marketplace', as well as tap some info on whats happening that night and potentially set up some pivots to leverage of for girls going to the same bar/club.

For Jakarta personally I found there to be a lot of dross as you always get with tinder anywhere but there were definitely a fair few tidy ones in there also. Definitely for sure it was a hell of a lot better than Singapore where pretty much there are zero chicks higher than a 8

Irish

Quote: (09-14-2014 08:41 AM)Irish Wrote:  

True, it is surprisingly small. I ran into a few chicks that I had pulled from the previous trip over, in fact I even bumped into a previous bang from Bali in Milies. Added some of the chicks on facebook and they almost always pop up as mutual friends with eachother (leading to some awkward questions later)

Did you have any techniques for diffusing the situation? These situations left the girls pissed at me.

Found a pic to represent the jakarta lifestyle hahaha

[Image: qAP1Rqu.jpg]

Quote: (09-21-2014 09:37 PM)bigbait Wrote:  

Did you have any techniques for diffusing the situation? These situations left the girls pissed at me.

Really depends on the girl, I normally don't find it quite so much an issue as I usually go for the club sluts and am fairly honest up front about being a player/man-whore etc. But you still get a few of the the not-as-slutty ones get a bit pissed. Usually I already have the situation diffused by saying that I'm just in town for the weekend to have fun with my mates and not looking for anything serious. I may also open other chicks in front of her and introduce them to hammer home the point. That should normally filter the chicks out there and then but not always. Some also will put a brave face on it and seem like they're ok but will square up to her female competition when your back is turned.

In the case of the DJ chick, I kinda liked her but she had already got a bit of a 'player-vibe' off me from how I met her and then thereafter my recent photos 'partying' when I added her on facebook. So, tho I didnt realise it initially I was already on thin ice when I met her in the club and running a bit of chat with other chicks pushed it over the edge. But in that case I just isolated her in a corner and gave it a bit of the "you're not like these other sluts, im just chatting to them to have fun with the boys. But I actually 'like' you" chat and suggested we bounce, which seemed to work fine.

I get the impression if a chick likes you then she will give you a couple chances to prove her wrong, so you may be able to play the 'but I actually like you' card once or twice if you do so convincingly. However it will also depend on the girl and how 'involved' with her you have been up to that point. I have a few chicks that are perfectly happy to still casually hook up even though I dont want anything serious or I'm with other chicks but there's a few who also try to lock you down and will get catty with her competitors or storm off in a hissy fit. But to be honest, in Jakarta there's so many options that I just ignore these chicks and move on to find more of the 'fun' types...

Irish