rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dating Advice from Nick Cannon

Quote:Quote:

Fresh off the heels of revealing marital issues with wife, Mariah Carey, it appears Nick Cannon might be ready to move forward as an eligible bachelor.

During an interview with Hello Beautiful, the multifaceted "America's Got Talent" host recently dished on his relationship needs. Cannon admitted that he prefers “a strong woman. I like somebody who knows what they want and getting right to it. That makes a lot of sense for me. And so I welcome that, or ‘welcomed’ that. “

In addition to his ideal woman, the 33-year-old also gave advice on how to ask a woman out on a date.

“You never want to make it about the individual,” he admitted. “You say, ‘Hey, what are you and your friends doing? I want to come hang out with y’all.’ Or, ‘let’s all go together.’ So that takes all the pressure off of it of this whole one on one conversation.’

“I’m a true believer in everything has to start off as a friendship first so it was never really about dating. Everybody that I was probably ever serious with it always started off like, ‘Yo, let’s just be cool,’ and then it turned into something else.”

http://hellobeautiful.com/2014/08/22/nic...n-divorce/

[Image: 1fd5pcsfxip.gif]

Worst advice ever. Irony is he will still be fine because he has some fame and money.

Why is that bad advice? It's social circle game.

Quote: (09-02-2014 12:55 AM)polymath Wrote:  

It's bad advice because it will never work for most men and he's inadvertently teaching guys how to become the mayor of the friend zone. It works for him because he has fame game but for the average guy it is pretty bad advice. Social circle game is a different animal altogether. What he's talking about isn't really social circle game, that will get guys friend zoned. This doesn't even touch the "strong woman" crap.

Quote: (09-02-2014 01:11 AM)TheSlayer Wrote:  

It's bad advice because it will never work for most men and he's inadvertently teaching guys how to become the mayor of the friend zone. It works for him because he has fame game but for the average guy it is pretty bad advice. Social circle game is a different animal altogether. What he's talking about isn't really social circle game, that will get guys friend zoned. This doesn't even touch the "strong woman" crap.

The "strong woman" garbage is indefensible on his part.

I personally think that a socially healthy guy should approach all women like friends, have conversations, and not seek anything outwardly. Girls hook up with their friends. It happens all the time. There's less pressure and more comfort, which is a good staging ground for making a discreet move on a girl in your circle.

I'm not a ladykiller like many claim to be around here but I've played this game a time or two.

Additionally, having many women as your friends introduces you to more women. All of my roommates are women, I get introduced to many more, and I get comfortable dealing with them outside the realm of contrived bullshit, openers, negs, and other mechanistic not-fun stuff.

Quote: (09-02-2014 01:31 AM)polymath Wrote:  

I personally think that a socially healthy guy should approach all women like friends, have conversations, and not seek anything outwardly. Girls hook up with their friends. It happens all the time. There's less pressure and more comfort, which is a good staging ground for making a discreet move on a girl in your circle.

I'm not a ladykiller like many claim to be around here but I've played this game a time or two.

Additionally, having many women as your friends introduces you to more women. All of my roommates are women, I get introduced to many more, and I get comfortable dealing with them outside the realm of contrived bullshit, openers, negs, and other mechanistic not-fun stuff.

You are talking about two different things. Social circle game is different and the advice he gave works specifically if you are going after a chick in your social circle. Meeting new girls and telling them to be friends and to hangout with her friends is terrible advice for most men. It will land most in the dreaded friend zone.

Seems like you are only meeting women through your (extended) social circle and that's fine if it works for you but the "contrived bullshit" is what works when you are cold approaching which a lot of posters do here. His advice is similar to the kind of advice you get from good looking guys (there's a thread discussing that). What he's saying works for him because he has fame game but makes for bad advice for most guys. He can meet new chicks and tell them he wants to be "friends" with them and they will bang him regardless.

We're not running up on girls in the street because we want to be their friends.

It's different when you meet people via convenient situations, you don't have to necessarily step on the gas because there will be a variety of occasions for you to get to know someone and for them to feel comfortable around you and not have their defenses up.

But the type of game that you and Nick prescribe to is called "Delayed Rejection Game".

When you try to rope-a-dope a chick into a fake friendship, then go to make your move to get some ass, she rejects you, and then you realize that you wasted your time faking the funk.

We don't want to waste our time with women, we want them to know what's up, and we want them to make a decision as to whether they're down with the game plan or not.

Fuck a friend, get a dog.

@Polymath: Repped you for understanding how to expand your circle, use it as a multiplier, and come off as a sociable person. I'll quote Screwston but his comment got him warned.

Sometimes you need something and you must expand your circle, even if it includes something that " wastes time".

Edit: Also, Cannon's suggestions are whack.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

This is bad advice if you wanna fuck her girl, you don't 'befriend' her.

Sure it's not bad social game if you want to fuck her friends, but that's not what he is saying here.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

I've never quite understood why people are interested in what 99% of "celebrities" have to say about anything to be honest.

Most are simply retards with zero intelligence or introspection.

How To Pick Up Girls, By Nick Cannon

Step 1. Be Nick Cannon.

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.

Nick Cannon comes out with rapid-fire dating advice! These tips are sure to catapult you into the heights of the seduction world!

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Nick Cannon is getting divorced? He's got to be regretting this tramp stamp
[Image: nick-cannon-e2809cmariahe2809d-back-tattoo.jpg]

wonder what his dating advice on that is?

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Not sure why you would take dating advice from Nick Cannon, Usher or D-Wade

All of them wifed up women who were at least 7-10 years their senior

2 out of 3 are/will be divorced.

Here's hoping bad things don't happen in 3's

MDP

Well, Nick Cannon has nothing to worry about. Mariah Carey(44) is well past the wall and he's in his prime(33). With his fame he'll be banging hotter, younger chicks in no time.

Quote: (09-02-2014 12:33 AM)jariel Wrote:  

Fresh off the heels of revealing marital issues with wife, Mariah Carey, it appears Nick Cannon might be ready to move forward as an eligible bachelor.

During an interview with Hello Beautiful, the multifaceted "America's Got Talent" host recently dished on his relationship needs. Cannon admitted that he prefers “a strong woman. I like somebody who knows what they want and getting right to it. That makes a lot of sense for me. And so I welcome that, or ‘welcomed’ that. “

In addition to his ideal woman, the 33-year-old also gave advice on how to ask a woman out on a date.

“You never want to make it about the individual,” he admitted. “You say, ‘Hey, what are you and your friends doing? I want to come hang out with y’all.’ Or, ‘let’s all go together.’ So that takes all the pressure off of it of this whole one on one conversation.’

“I’m a true believer in everything has to start off as a friendship first so it was never really about dating. Everybody that I was probably ever serious with it always started off like, ‘Yo, let’s just be cool,’ and then it turned into something else.”

http://hellobeautiful.com/2014/08/22/nic...n-divorce/

[Image: 1fd5pcsfxip.gif]

Nothing like a good ol Shaq laugh to make you fee alright!! Thanks playa

Quote: (09-02-2014 08:08 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

Nick Cannon comes out with rapid-fire dating advice! These tips are sure to catapult you into the heights of the seduction world!
A boot camp and e-book series will be available soon.

Data Sheet Maps | On Musical Chicks | Rep Point Changes | Au Pairs on a Boat
Captainstabbin: "girls get more attractive with your dick in their mouth. It's science."
Spaniard88: "The "believe anything" crew contributes: "She's probably a good girl, maybe she lost her virginity to someone with AIDS and only had sex once before you met her...give her a chance.""

Nick Cannon:

This can be a very useful tactic.

Instead of asking a girl out on a "date". Frame it as a "Group Social Outing".

High school students, college students, and guys with attractive co-workers or neighbors take note..

Sometimes, it's best to NOT directly ask a girl out on a date, that can be too direct and personal, we let the girl know that we like her and we risk personal rejection. Suggesting a group outing can be a much more strategic move. We don't have to expose all of our intentions and we don't have to risk rejection. It takes a lot of the pressure off of us as it doesn't make it seem like a "date" but rather just a group of friends hanging out.

Once the group is partying together, we can focus on the specific girl that we like.

---

I have written about this topic before

Quote: (03-13-2013 04:26 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

You can't go from a casual conversation to a date.

First, you have to transition from casual conversation to personal conversation. This is when she asks you personal questions, you talk about personal type issues like -- dreams, hopes, goals, relationships, passions, likes, dis-likes, etc.

Once your conversations become consistently personal, then, you can suggest A HANG OUT, NOT A DATE!

A date is -- "hey, we should hang out sometime"

This suggests a one one one date.

A hang out is -- "my freind is throwing a party Saturday night, if you're not doing anything, bring your friends and come hang out"

See the difference?

One is suggesting ONE ON ONE time, the other is suggesting GROUP SOCIAL TIME. Big difference.

I can see both sides of the coin depending on the circumstances, but the message has to be tight.

"What are you and your friends doing? I'll come hang out with ya'll."

That's not what I would consider to be a tight message, you're the one that's supposed to have something poppin' that she would want to do with you, instead you're fishing around for an invite to martini night at some bullshit ladies night dive spot.

"Hey I'm having a get together at my place on Saturday, just a small, elegant affair with some cool friends of mine, if you'd like to come through, you're welcome to bring one of your girlfriends to be a part of the fun."

That's a much tighter message.

I mean if you fuck around and are that sloppy with the message, you could easily find yourself in some mixed group bullshit, even if you're inviting her to come along, she could fuck around and bring a dude, because you were too busy trying to be smooth and posing as a friend who's just trying to kick it.

Nick's net worth is $20 MM+ and he's about to cash in seriously on the divorce, he can run "I'm corny and don't have tight game", you can't.

While aspects of his life are WACK (including the tramp stamp), I'm going to go ahead and agree with the minority in that this probably works rather well for celebrities/wealthy/pre-selected people.

I imaging DistantLight would look at this and go, "yep, celebrities hanging out with celebrities, and then they hook up/date, normal normal in those circles."

If you're listening to celebrities for advice, unless it's with regards to sharp business-men or badass dudes, you're probably misleading yourself.

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

I think Hooligan Harry had something along the lines of, you invite the lizard to where you are going to be at and since you were going there anyway, it doesn't make a difference if she flakes on you or not.

That's more power game that Nick Cannon is espousing. Anyway, no one should be taking relationship advice from a celebrity.

Regarding the marriage, I think you lot should realise that these are all business relationships by now. They throw the word 'love' to disarm you and after decades now, people still get suckered by the same word.

These marriages are basically like someone who hopes to be a consultant one day but spends about two-five years getting familiar with the industry. After the two-five years are up, he hands in his notice having built up his connections during his tenure with the company. He has already established his links and once giving his notice (divorcing), he can therefore feed independently off of his business links serving as the main consultant for several companies (as many as he can afford his time).

So all this marriage/relationship in the West by and large, is a crock of bullshyt.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (09-02-2014 01:43 AM)TheSlayer Wrote:  

You are talking about two different things. Social circle game is different and the advice he gave works specifically if you are going after a chick in your social circle. Meeting new girls and telling them to be friends and to hangout with her friends is terrible advice for most men. It will land most in the dreaded friend zone.

Seems like you are only meeting women through your (extended) social circle and that's fine if it works for you but the "contrived bullshit" is what works when you are cold approaching which a lot of posters do here. His advice is similar to the kind of advice you get from good looking guys (there's a thread discussing that). What he's saying works for him because he has fame game but makes for bad advice for most guys. He can meet new chicks and tell them he wants to be "friends" with them and they will bang him regardless.

Before Mystery became famous, men still approached women and had sex. Civilized people have been having sex for centuries in a wide variety of ways, and every generation changes it up a little. You may find that the contrived stuff works for you. I'm not disputing that, nor does it matter. What I'm saying is that you can get the same results in a different way that is more FUN and genuine.

I want to have fun when I talk to a girl. I don't make it a priority to bang. I get off more on having her attracted to me, socially engaged with me, flirtatious, etc.

I don't want to work hard for a sexual outcome. I want to edge closer to it casually while having fun. Canned openers, routines, and premeditated lines offer me zero substance.

When you tell a girl you just met that you want to hang out with a group, the novelty of your presence in her life still makes you attractive. If you are playing this game with plenty of girls, your words say "let's hang out" but your actions convey "I don't really need to hang out with you specifically." This approach works pretty well in South America, where girls sometimes hesitate to go out with you alone BUT will also not try to cockblock you if you disappear with their friend in a nightclub for a few hours.

The thread you reference suggests that physically unattractive men need game more than than handsome men to get the same result. However, I think this idea gets regurgitated a lot by RVF posters just because it's popular. Any forum can be an echo chamber, even this one. Anyone who is getting somewhere with women is running game. Handsome, hideous, doesn't matter. Personally I think handsomeness is largely dependent on your apparent mood and your behavior. We pick up on these dynamic characteristics of others, but we mistakenly read them as being static.

If you're worried about ending up in the friend zone, you're probably going to end up in the friend zone because you will come off as desperate and unnatural in your interactions.

I don't have a problem being friends with a hot girl. Why should I? Is she so sexually desirable that I have to meticulously steer all of our interactions just to avoid being her friend?

Quote: (09-02-2014 06:26 PM)polymath Wrote:  

Before Mystery became famous, men still approached women and had sex. Civilized people have been having sex for centuries in a wide variety of ways, and every generation changes it up a little. You may find that the contrived stuff works for you. I'm not disputing that, nor does it matter. What I'm saying is that you can get the same results in a different way that is more FUN and genuine.

I want to have fun when I talk to a girl. I don't make it a priority to bang. I get off more on having her attracted to me, socially engaged with me, flirtatious, etc.

I don't want to work hard for a sexual outcome. I want to edge closer to it casually while having fun. Canned openers, routines, and premeditated lines offer me zero substance.

When you tell a girl you just met that you want to hang out with a group, the novelty of your presence in her life still makes you attractive. If you are playing this game with plenty of girls, your words say "let's hang out" but your actions convey "I don't really need to hang out with you specifically." This approach works pretty well in South America, where girls sometimes hesitate to go out with you alone BUT will also not try to cockblock you if you disappear with their friend in a nightclub for a few hours.

The thread you reference suggests that physically unattractive men need game more than than handsome men to get the same result. However, I think this idea gets regurgitated a lot by RVF posters just because it's popular. Any forum can be an echo chamber, even this one. Anyone who is getting somewhere with women is running game. Handsome, hideous, doesn't matter. Personally I think handsomeness is largely dependent on your apparent mood and your behavior. We pick up on these dynamic characteristics of others, but we mistakenly read them as being static.

If you're worried about ending up in the friend zone, you're probably going to end up in the friend zone because you will come off as desperate and unnatural in your interactions.

I don't have a problem being friends with a hot girl. Why should I? Is she so sexually desirable that I have to meticulously steer all of our interactions just to avoid being her friend?

Okay.....

Not sure what your point is exactly here.

You are describing social circle game and no one has said that social circle game is run any differently. Most of us are looking at it from the perspective of cold approaching. Cold approaching chicks and asking them to be friends is horrible advice. I am not worried about being friend zoned but I do know for a fact that if I meet new chicks and show a friends vibe I am not going to get anywhere. I prefer to be indirect mostly but that's different than openly saying I wanna be friends with you.

You talk about South America so I can't speak about the dating/game dynamics there but his advice is useless for men in the West. I don't think that this thread is an echo chamber at all. Seems to me you are arguing for the sake of arguing. I already said his advice is good if you are in a social circle but for the purposes of cold approaching it won't work for the average man. What you don't see or fail to see is that he is a celeb. He can see a chick he thinks is hot on the streets, go up to her and say let's be friends. That will work because he has fame game. That advice will plain and simply not work for guys going for chicks outside of their social circle.

Quote: (09-02-2014 03:46 PM)AneroidOcean Wrote:  

While aspects of his life are WACK (including the tramp stamp), I'm going to go ahead and agree with the minority in that this probably works rather well for celebrities/wealthy/pre-selected people.

I imaging DistantLight would look at this and go, "yep, celebrities hanging out with celebrities, and then they hook up/date, normal normal in those circles."

If you're listening to celebrities for advice, unless it's with regards to sharp business-men or badass dudes, you're probably misleading yourself.

Hahahaa, was just reading this thread and was going to post...

Nick has the right concept, however the article or way he said it makes it highly misinterpreted. However, based on my PERSONAL EXPERIENCE it's the most efficient way because...
- I don't go on dates or day2s
- I don't have to invest time calling or texting "back and forth"
- Completely discreet despite all the "whoring around" that goes on (To this day no one can really pinpoint chick chicks amongst the vast amount of women I've hooked up with)
- Your lifestyle overlaps (I would be out with 5 girls, 3 who I actively mess with)

Instead of asking a girl out on a "date". Frame it as a "Group Social Outing".

GIO had the right idea...

I personally would never go on a date for the rest of my life. Why am I investing so much time and energy on a RANDOM CHICK?

Add the fact we now just formalized things which I'm sure EVERYONE has been on an uptight, logical, boring and pressured "date".

When you're hanging out you're not getting that "on a date" social mask. Instead, it's super casual "were just having fun". If you're worried about getting stuck in the "friendzone" (which is different from having a "friendly" relation) then you probably lack any form of vibe/presence to be banging chicks anyway. These type of people give off a "sexually active" vibe.

Also something I think that is "missing" in terms of how everything goes down. Cold Approach is just a tool, your with a mixed group see 2 hot chicks and you could approach inviting them along on the adventure YOU WERE ALREADY HAVING.

It's like clockwork, "sex" isn't even a thought because it's so common and widely accessible. For maybe 2 years now, I've never gone out with the thought of "having sex".

NOTE, I stumbledupon this after realizing all that was required was me and the chick being "face to face". The context didn't matter and was actually BETTER if it was casual/social because I knew how chicks would be as a result of how I am...I used to literally look at my phone and think "who do I want to hookup with today?" then I'd invite chicks accordingly letting whoever came out come out. Majority of the time it always resulted in fooling around (atleast making out) but sometimes I meet NEW GIRLS or she brought A FRIEND...Many of my "friends" who I fool around with bring out their hot friends for me to flirt and have fun with.

Everyone has different lifestyle goals...Me and my boy once said, we don't want to spend saturday summers 3pm doing DAYGAME...

This was 1 saturday adventure...

Contrast to one of my boys who is AWESOME at daygame who would be spending 4 hours on that same saturday meeting chicks.

For me it's all about living life surrounded by awesome people. COLD APPROACH is just a tool to facilitate that on an extreme level. When I go out now it's to...
- "Catch Up" with friends
- "Introduce" people to my world (chicks I cold approach)
- "Create a random adventure" (solo times!!!)

Tomorrow, if I go out, I'm going to hear skrillex for FREE, catch up with friends while hanging with a group of 15-20 people...IMO most community dudes dislike this because it lacks validation of "I defeated the odds through cold approach". For me, I'm just going to have an epic time, sex is always there if I really want it. (It's not like my ability of cold approach cease to exist)

quote='TheSlayer' pid='821516' dateline='1409701208']
You are describing social circle game and no one has said that social circle game is run any differently. Most of us are looking at it from the perspective of cold approaching. Cold approaching chicks and asking them to be friends is horrible advice. I am not worried about being friend zoned but I do know for a fact that if I meet new chicks and show a friends vibe I am not going to get anywhere. I prefer to be indirect mostly but that's different than openly saying I wanna be friends with you.
[/quote]

This is misinterpreted, "friends" isn't the same pickup assumption of "friends". "Friends" is more like social/fun, sexual experiences is always an option. Community "friends" is the assumption that a chick doesn't view you as a sexual being.

ALL MY GIRLS, are essentially my friends...

Also social circle and cold approach is too dogmatic in the traditional sense, when for me it overlaps with every aspect of my life...
- Me = The Supercar (that attracts people)
- "Cold Approach" = The Fuel Quality & Volume
- "Social Circle" = The Landmarks On The Map

Altogether you have a map with tons of landmarks and your ability to cold approach allows you to speed around to all sorts of landmarks. (Most community dudes have no landmarks and resort to their home for sex and "basic" dating like situations.)

My Cold Approach Perspective
Something that is also misinterpreted is which is why I don't like the dogmatic distinction is the fact that my actual cold approaching bypasses all the common PUA BS...

When I approach a chick, to me SHE IS A RANDOM. My interaction with her is from a place of "open skepticism". Chicks aren't used to this at all...

MAJORITY of men are DTF when they first lay eyes on a chick. Everything about the interaction is about the guy "waiting and hoping" for the chick to allow him to have sex. Lots of PUA tactics is to calibrate and overcome all the so called "resistance" women will put up.

When a chick a "fascinated" she just wants an opportunity given by that man. This is why it's not uncommon for dudes to be highly motivated and dedicated doing so much cold approach, accumulating over 150+ numbers an 0 dates.

P.S...I've come to learn it's all about preference. My boy who just does pickup 4 hours a day is totally cool with it AND I once met a guy who simply works, workout and does daygame in his free time.

Haha guys like Daylight are why I would never seriously date let alone marry a girl with guy "friends". Guys good at this friends and sex time romp through all the pussy it's a skillset I don't have the energy for unfortunately.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems