rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

what kinds of natural appetite suppressants do you use?

I don't have problems exercising on a daily basis. But I love to eat, all the time, and this is the main barrier to getting my BF lower. Especially when I feel anxious/have nervous energy, this is when I usually succumb to pointless snacking.

Juices and whey protein drinks help somewhat, but I'll usually still feel hungry 30 minutes later.

I drink a shitload of green tea everyday (at least 2L), but again, it doesn't totally satisfy cravings.

Stimulants like Ritalin and Modafinil definitely curb my appetite, but I don't like to take them every day. Going off steady use of them can have depression/binging type effects.

I think the thermogenic stuff can be bad for your heart, so especially with my family history I don't use that.

So besides these, are there any supplements/appetite suppressants that you guys have had long-term, sustainable success with?

Diet coke, cigarettes.

Spearmint leaves. I grow mint and if I chew a few leaves I find it diminishes the appetite for a while.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Drinking water and looking at fat Americans in Walmart.

Wald

My iron will.

And powdered gelatin from the company Great Lakes.

Also a lot of water.

Willpower and staying busy

Green tea helps. Iron will even better.

Why don't you go to the gym and lift heavy? i can eat food left and right and it doesn't matter.

Methampetamine.

But in all seriousness, I'm one of those guys that can eat till massive gastric upset and still not gain much.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Coffee and small snacks as well as staying busy. Also taking more time to eat helps me feel full on less.

Green tea, coffee and cigarettes.

A diet high in fat in protein. Avoid insulin spikes.

Also get plenty of fiber, supplement if you have you.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

Eating less curbs my appetite.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

I just started using Hoodia today. Will report back after a bit.

I quit eating breakfast for good. I was never a breakfast person to begin with. I drink coffee throughout my morning and no longer snack. When I eat my two meals (lunch and dinner) I eat as much as I can of filling foods like steak, chicken or pork. I have also been avoiding shitty carbs like chips, white bread, etc.

All of these in combination made me quit feeling hungry and snacking. Eating real meals and not processed garbage will do that.

EPHEDRINE, caffeine and nicotine (e-cigarette).

I use ephedrine and rarely meridia.

Quote: (08-21-2014 01:22 PM)Flyjin Wrote:  

Juices and whey protein drinks help somewhat, but I'll usually still feel hungry 30 minutes later.

Scan through root causes. Rather than ask what can I do to suppress my appetite, ask why am I constantly hungry in the first place?

If you're drinking juices (I assume you mean fruit juices) and whey protein drinks regularly, that would at least partially explain why you're remaining hungry.

Fruit juices are basically all sugar. They spike your insulin, then you crash and in an attempt to even out your blood sugar, your body tells you you're hungry.

Hence the phenomenon of eating a big meal to the point where you're full, then eating dessert and being able to eat more after the dessert.

If we're talking about green drinks, those aren't so bad as long as you're keeping high-sugar veggies to a minimum (carrots, beets, etc).

Whey protein is also insulogenic. Unless you're drinking it with water and nothing else you're also spiking blood sugar. Milk spikes blood sugar big time as well.

I do a fast every few days and what keeps me going is extra virgin coconut oil. I just take a few swigs every hour or two. Then at the end of the 16 hours of fasting I'll slowly eat a meal. Works really well.

Also, you don't necessarily have to NOT eat to drop bodyfat. But you do have to lower carb intake and replace it with healthy fats intake.

If you take just 33% of the rice/bread/pasta/potatoes you eat now and replace them with pastured butter, coconut oil, fatty meats, dark chocolate (85%+) and other quality fats, you'll start to lose fat.

But it can take a while for your body to get used to metabolizing fat after a lifetime of carbs. So a few things you can do to kickstart the process are:

- Icebaths. They suck at first but you get used to them. And they work.

- Intermittent fasting. This frankly is very important. The human animal did not evolve with unrestricted access to food. And fasting is a potent hormetic stressor.

- get Vitamin D levels sorted

Eat whole meats instead of protein shakes. A half chicken, though only about 500 cals, is very satiating.

Also, caffeine.

Eating less and drinking water got rid of most of my hunger. The other aspect to appetite control is to limit the amount of found you have available. Last night I wasn't that hungry but I ordered a steak that came with a side of fries - thinking that I'd eat the steak and then have one or two fries. Instead I ate the steak and mindlessly scarfed down all the fries which put me way over my calorie budget for the day. If I'd told them to hold the fries I'd be fine and wouldn't have felt the need to eat anymore that day.

None. I'm trying to get huge.

In the past I've found eating lots of healthy fats keeps me satiated for hours. Avocados, almonds, cook everything in kerrygold butter or extra-virgin coconut oil. Try Bulletproof Coffee.

Learn Spanish Game Latinas
http://pickupspanish.com/

Add psyllium fiber to your shakes. Also, you can have some just by itself and it will expand in your stomach to keep you feeling full.

Skipping breakfast.

I'm trying Intermittent Fasting and, so far, it's working wonders for me.