rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Can I get some opinions on these boots?

First off, I've never worn a boot in my life, but now that I live in the North East, I don't really have a choice.

It feels pretty strange to wear these things. Maybe they look good but I don't think so. Maybe it's just my jeans don't look good with them?? I have no idea.

So, that's why I've come to you guys for help. Do these boots look funny or what! [Image: huh.gif]

[Image: attachment.jpg20707]   
[Image: attachment.jpg20708]   

ALSO, why in the hell are the laces a mile and a half long? Am I supposed to wrap them around the tops of the boots or something? I tied them into like a quadruple knot and tucked them in the boot.

You're reppin' Boston now?

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Nah, still Ohio. I mean I guess Ohio is technically in the midwest, but it seems more Northeast than anything..

[Image: map.gif]

They don't look awful but yeah, I think they look kinda funny. The right boot looks weirdly flat and long, like a baby clown shoe, because of the way it's crumpled.

The laces are ridiculously long because... someone put the wrong laces on? If they're nylon, just cut them to length and melt the ends. Or buy new laces. I replace my bootlaces with paracord.

I'd be looking for new boots, personally.

I think the size makes it look like a clown shoe. It doesn't look as funny in the picture that's up on their website.

[Image: attachment.jpg20712]   

The 'creases' on the boots look like they've been worn a bit. You should tuck them into the trousers so they don't look like shoes and to get the maximum style benefit.

I think they look fine...draw a chic's attention at the very least. I agree wtf is going on with the right boot in that pic.

I rock brown Ariat cowboy boots with jeans a lot...tho I need to get some good black boots (possibly cowboy again). I picked up the cowboy boot style from a friend (natural)...

Me: You don't go boot-cut jeans?
Him: Nope, let the ol' jeans ride high and show the leather

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

I wouldn't say they look "funny" , just average and kind of cheaply made. No one is going to laugh at them but you can do better.

If you're looking for more workboot style, look at Wolverine or Redwing- they make good quality workboots with some models that look good with street clothes

For cool dressier boots, check out Mark Nason, Gordon Rush or To Boot New York. Allen Edmonds has a nice model called the Dalton. Look on Zappos, Amazon, Ebay.

To me brown boots are more versatile and look better than black

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

They look terrible in my opinion. I'm not fond of black shoes if it's not dress shoes. If you want the grunge look or a casual look then go for any shades of brown or burgundy.

They wont hurt nor help you. Depending on your style, if you like the dressier style I suggest going for chelsea boots. Classic and elegant, cant go wrong. If you like rugged style go for some biker boots.

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

if you think you can rock them, you can rock them. who gives a fuck. maybe roll the jeans up a little if thats your style to show the boot off a little more. i actually have a similar pair and dig them. who cares what anyone else thinks. better than wearing the same shit everyone else is. do your thing. go head mr. wendal.

The boots seem fine for any situation it would be socially acceptable to wear boots in (barring any occasion one would want steel toe boots).

Boots are tricky, they are very either yes or no. In vast swathes of the US you can get away with dressier boots and cowboy boots, but in urban or upscale venues this is going to be a definite mark against you.

If you are going to impose your will on the world, you must have control over what you believe.

Data Sheet Minneapolis / Data Sheet St. Paul / Data Sheet Northern MN/BWCA / Data Sheet Duluth

Honestly? I they look like cheap high street footwear, made in India, with glued soles.

Mind you, I know about men's shoes, most women really don't. You'll be fine in pubs and clubs.

Also, they're about the same kind of quality as 90% of men's shoes on the street, so I wouldn't worry unless you're surrounded by people who know about that sort of thing, which is unlikely.

Quote: (03-05-2016 02:42 PM)SudoRoot Wrote:  
Fuck this shit, I peace out.

Quote: (08-12-2014 02:29 PM)Surreyman Wrote:  

Honestly? I they look like cheap high street footwear, made in India, with glued soles.

Mind you, I know about men's shoes, most women really don't. You'll be fine in pubs and clubs.

Also, they're about the same kind of quality as 90% of men's shoes on the street, so I wouldn't worry unless you're surrounded by people who know about that sort of thing, which is unlikely.

Are you sure about that? time and time again, you see advice about how woman notices a man's shoes first before anything else he wears. Trust me, woman notices shoes but I agree with them being fine in clubs since its so dark, nobody is going to look at your shoes.

They look beat up. I would not have copped. Especially not for $110. If I were you I'd return them.

Quote: (08-14-2014 05:25 AM)Stickman Wrote:  

Quote: (08-12-2014 02:29 PM)Surreyman Wrote:  

Are you sure about that? time and time again, you see advice about how woman notices a man's shoes first before anything else he wears. Trust me, woman notices shoes but I agree with them being fine in clubs since its so dark, nobody is going to look at your shoes.

This might sounds slightly effeminate but wearing a good pair of shoes makes me feel as good as a well cut suit or any other item of clothing that is stylish and well made.

Whether it's the sound of a pair of Church's brogues clip clopping down the pavement or a pair of bright red Hugo Boss loafers lighting up an otherwise sober coloured casual attire, shoes are as important to "style game" as anything else.

Quote: (08-11-2014 01:28 PM)Kickb Wrote:  

First off, I've never worn a boot in my life, but now that I live in the North East, I don't really have a choice.

It feels pretty strange to wear these things. Maybe they look good but I don't think so. Maybe it's just my jeans don't look good with them?? I have no idea.

So, that's why I've come to you guys for help. Do these boots look funny or what! [Image: huh.gif]

ALSO, why in the hell are the laces a mile and a half long? Am I supposed to wrap them around the tops of the boots or something? I tied them into like a quadruple knot and tucked them in the boot.

I'm not a fan at all. For one thing, the pants can easily cover the most redeeming parts of the boots (i.e. from the buckle up to the top of the boot). Since we're talking cold-hard-truth I'd qualify them as "faggy".

You can get a good pair of military surplus boots for the same price that have a steel toe and a steel heel. At least you can break down a door if the need arises for that price (as I have three different times), granted that you can kick straight right below the locking mechanism. If nothing else, you'll want boots with a utility function (like kicking in doors or absorbing impact from 15,000 feet). Steel toes are great for absorbing impact but steel heels are great for INFLICTING impact (and absorbing it if they're paratrooper boots like mine and you're dropping from a huge aerial distance).

If they're not function AND form for me they're personally a no-go.

-Hawk

Software engineer. Part-time Return of Kings contributor, full-time dickhead.

Bug me on Twitter and read my most recent substantial article: Regrets

Last Return of Kings article: An Insider's Guide to the Masculine Profession of Software Development

You know after thinking about them for a little while, these actually look like a good pair of boots for a hipster.

Worn with skinny jeans, the buckle would be on full display and hipsters probably like the long narrow foot of the boot.

Thank you for your 2 cents. I'll just take is as a loss and charge it to the boot game.

Quote: (08-14-2014 09:30 AM)Kickb Wrote:  

You know after thinking about them for a little while, these actually look like a good pair of boots for a hipster.

Worn with skinny jeans, the buckle would be on full display and hipsters probably like the long narrow foot of the boot.

Thank you for your 2 cents. I'll just take is as a loss and charge it to the boot game.

That's a good positive mindset. I've got a ton of crap I've collected over the years that I hardly ever wear. If there is one important lesson I've learn is this. Stick to the basics.

If you like boots, get yourself a pair of chukka boots. Like this one. [Image: wolverine-1883-beck-chukka-boot1.jpg]

If you're on a budget, look for "Clark Dessert Boot" or CDB it's affordable and pretty good quality. Way better at places like Aldo, speaking of which-never ever shop at Aldo.

I nearly bought a similar boot. The one I looked at had a hard sole and I wasn't sure how it would handle on ice and snow.

Just bought a pair of these. What do you guys think?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003SE7VOS/ref=...B0050UF05A

[Image: attachment.jpg20892]   

If I just bought another hipster boot I'm going to spring for a stylist for boots or something

It's a better choice than the last one you bought but that's not saying much. Why did you buy it and then ask for opinion? make more sense to ask before. It's a decent look if you're going for that grunge look (jeans tuck in shoe)

On the website it state that the color is black but obviously that's not black. Strange. How much did you get it for? $67.83 - $134.95 is a really cheap price point but I'd be weary of anything at this price range. You do get what you pay for when it comes to quality shoes. I recommended CDB, even though it's cheap it's known for it's good quality to price ratio. Also CDB has rubber soft sole and are great for slick surface.

"If I just bought another hipster boot I'm going to spring for a stylist for boots or something"

Can you clarify? you mean going to "Spring" the store?

Yeah they were $67.

I canceled the order after seeing a review that said the color was actually dark black and not true to the picture.

Anyways, I ordered the Clarks Leather Bushacre 2 Boot- beeswax color. Reviews say the beeswax is more of a light brown which I would prefer.

Supposedly the shoes will look like this
[Image: men-clarks-bushacre-2-boots-product-video-4.jpg]

The Clarks beeswax desert boot is affordable and looks damn good, but I wouldn't be relying on them in the winter or in shitty weather. Overall, good choice for an entry into the world of boots.

None of these boots are Goodyear welt, and appear to also be calfskin leather. Not full grain anyway.
Chippewa makes affordable, rugged, and comfortable boots in the USA. Most are work-style but they do a casual line that looks like this in your color (I prefer the cordovan personally)
[Image: 710OprE%2BINL._SL1500_.jpg]
As mentioned already, Wolverine makes some of the best boots out there with their 1000 mile series. Very comfortable cork footbed, leather sole, and stylish to boot. Wearing a pair right now. They can be had for around $200 if you shop around.
[Image: 08151400011_zps73751ef8.jpg]
Red Wing Iron Rangers are nice also, not as dressy as some of the Wolvs, more so than the Chips but more expensive.

To keep any boots looking better as they get some miles on them invest in a pair of cedar shoe trees. Keeps the creasing and toe upcurl effect minimized. Women definitely notice a nice pair of boots, I get lots of compliments on the wing tips.

Quote: (08-11-2014 02:49 PM)heavy Wrote:  

I think they look fine...draw a chic's attention at the very least. I agree wtf is going on with the right boot in that pic.

I rock brown Ariat cowboy boots with jeans a lot...tho I need to get some good black boots (possibly cowboy again). I picked up the cowboy boot style from a friend (natural)...

Me: You don't go boot-cut jeans?
Him: Nope, let the ol' jeans ride high and show the leather

I've got 2 pairs of "cowboy" boots.
That's pretty much all I wear. I still have dress shoes and all, but my boots are what I always end up wearing, for any occasion.
Check out Boulet. The quality is top of the line IMO.
http://www.bouletboots.com/index.html
These are mine
[Image: 3502.jpg]
[Image: 1503.jpg]