rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

BRAZIL COMPENDIUM

BRAZIL COMPENDIUM

http://www.rooshv.com/brazil-compendium

Thoughts? Comments? Critques?

BRAZIL COMPENDIUM

I haven't read it yet, but I will.

I think these things are sick.

And you can easily charge for them.

I have literally been thinking for a least 10 years how the travel guide industry is so weesh. Nothing for the Playboy who wants to experience the culture, food, drink, language, lifestyle and women of a country.

Your guides really help fill that void.

BRAZIL COMPENDIUM

It was great to have a travel guide tailored specifically for one country although I was disapointed there was no city guide for Floripa. I think it would be a great idea to do this for all the countries you have traveled. It would be an interesting idea to allow members of the site to contribute pieces as well.

BRAZIL COMPENDIUM

It seems that enthusiasm for Brazil on the forum has died down quite a bit since Roosh left.

BRAZIL COMPENDIUM

I'm about to take a trip to Brazil, so for me perfect timing. However, i wish here was more coverage of secondary cities like Belo Horizonte, Curitiba, Goiania, etc, not to mention more in depth coverage of Sao Paolo and Rio, like in the Colombia guide.

BRAZIL COMPENDIUM

I too want to see a guidebook on the secondary cities in Brazil. I hope that an entrepreneurial guy on this forum will create it - we can't expect Roosh to do it all.

BRAZIL COMPENDIUM

I just posted some info on Floripa in a new thread

BRAZIL COMPENDIUM

Good shit. I have only been to SP and Rio but most of it had me nodding my head. One other thing I noticed is Brazil has the most old (40+) guys per capita unapologetically hitting on twenty something girls for pussy than anywhere else I've seen in the world.

BRAZIL COMPENDIUM

As some one who has just spent a bit of time in Brazil I thought I'd give this a read. I agree with a fair bit of your guide but your Sao Paulo section is all wrong IMO. No offense.

You are correct about the different 'tribes'. SP is very diverse, a trip to Augusta (night life area) on Friday night will show punks, rockers, gays, hookers, trendies, teenagers, business types, mainstream types (and about a zillion other weird and wonderful types of people) hanging out side by side in the bars and on the street. I love that. Haven't seen any other city that is so varied.

The girls in SP are far superior to Rio, by a million miles. It is Rio that has a lot of fat chicks not the other way round. Walk down Paulista Avenue any day of the week and you'll constantly be astounded by the gorgeous slim and sexy women around. Go out at night to almost any club and it's full of beautiful women.

I don't think SP women are lazy, they just aren't all the stereotypical nice dresses and high heeled women and I like that. Nothing wrong with chicks dressing a bit different or quirky or even rocking a pair of converse. Not wearing high heels doesnt equate to non sexyness and in Rio you'll see plenty of badly dressed girls out. Personally I'd much rather get with a cool girl who's a bit different than a generic looking one in dress and heels.

Sao Paulo definitely is a city that never sleep, I know because I never sleep when I'm there. Greater Sao Paulo (the state) has 20 million people not the city its self, I imagine a great deal of them are poor as shit and not going to clubs. There are plenty of good clubbing options every night of the week, I know because I've been out every night of the week to packed clubs every time. The clubs are open till way into the morning and if you really want to keep it going then a few yards walk will usually take you to a boteco / bar.

Any girl you meet in clubs will likely speak English, it's only the well educated and middle class that can really afford the prices (rarely cheap) and will have money either through working in business / finance type jobs or being funded by mummy and daddy as they study. Girls are really friendly, not once have I had one be rude or brush me off when I've drunkenly stumbled over to chat to them, they'll happily swap numbers / facebooks, kiss. The problem is many still live with parents until they get married meaning if like me your usually hostelling or couch surfing you've got limited choices on where to take them to afterwards. Love Motels is an option but they aren't as abundant in SP as in Rio (or at least I haven't seen them so openly).

I love SP, it's got nothing to see from a tourist point of view, no obvious sights but the night life is incredible and varied, the women are gorgeous and well educated (well the ones I meet) and they like gringos because Sao Paulo men are of two types either the typical aggressive Brazilian type or more commonly geeks who don't know how to talk to women. The girls of SP have a joke that if you want a husband you go to Argentina because the guys there aren't scared of girls. It's cool even if it is a big business city. Areas like Villa Madalena and Augusta whilst being totally different are great places to hang out and drink.

Had more success in SP than in any city I've ever been to and the quality of girls has been really good IMO. I'm not particularly great at 'game' I just go out, get drunk with friends and have fun, usually end up meeting a girl often by them approaching me intriguied by me talking English and wanting to know where I'm from. Sometimes I will approach if I'm not enjoying the music or the people I'm hanging out with are boring. Everyone I know who comes to SP has a bit of success, it's pretty easy when you know the right places to go. If you don't you could easily leave SP thinking it's a bit rubbish with little to see and no decent night life.

BRAZIL COMPENDIUM

For those of you who read the book, can you write a couple sentence review for it on Amazon? Doesn't have to be glowing or anything.

Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/review/create-revi...tore=books

Thanks!!

Gringo: My time was limited so of course I didn't get the full experience. I don't remember being particularly hard on it though.

BRAZIL COMPENDIUM

I'm new here, this is my first post in fact, but I lurked around a bit over the last several weeks because I was headed to Rio for Carnaval.

I just got home yesterday and was only able to read this guide on the plane home. I wish I had it before I left but no matter, I got my flag while there (actually got two notches there) and I had an amazing time partying, surfing, sight-seeing, and enjoying the beaches.

I was in Rio for two weeks, which included Carnaval, so I can't comment on the other cities or Rio at other times of the year but as far as Rio Carnaval, I think Roosh was almost spot on. My observations mirrored his almost 100%, with just a couple of minor differences in experience.

Nice job Roosh. This is of value to any guy headed to Rio for sure.

I'm hoping to find a few minutes tonight or tomorrow to post up a little more of my experience there but I thought Carnaval was an amazing time and would urge anyone, guy or girl, to go to experience a truly unique time.

BRAZIL COMPENDIUM

Roosh, you are doing a great job. I will purchase the book as I have purchased Bang, in support of your movement and I will write a review.
I, however, think the review's accuracy depends if I can actually validate the advice through implementation and as I have never been to Brazil, that falls short.

I have another question.

Does one think that Roosh like books may be race specific? I was wondering if brothers may experience a different reception and may need to tailor their approach differently when on the prowl.

One of my British friends used to complain that in certain areas, the white women only seemed to go for the brothers as it was fashionable. He complained that white guys in those areas only got sloppy seconds, if that.

Obviously, this can work in favour of any race so I think the Roosh principles apply overall but there might be a race specific section that may apply.

When I talk about race, I talk about what race one resembles. That is how one will be judged INITIALLY.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

BRAZIL COMPENDIUM

these books do fill a niche in the market. and by niche i mean vagina of course.
i was in brazil years ago and an old german guy took me to visit the infamous help nightclub.
the girl i met was really friendly but i was broke and staying at a hostel dorm so she didn't come back with me.
we made out and i groped her til they closed though.
i also went to some real ritzy club in rio de janeiro with a negro girl from london. it was fun but a bit too rich for my blood.
found out there's a real class divide. went back to some rich brazilian's pad when i was in sao paulo and they had all these fortified gates that we had to get buzzed through along with 24 hour security guards. he told me it's not uncommon for some of these rich corporate cats to take helicopters into work.

all in all it was a great experience even though i didn't get free pussy.
rio's the city with the most natural beauty in the world.
the sugarloaf mountain and corcavado- the statue of christ the redeemer.
you really have to see it.

i was the only asian i saw outside of the japanese district.
the brazilians used to stare at me everywhere i went. one guy walking across my path did an impromptu bruce-lee chop complete with "hayyyy-yah!" sound effect. which i couldn't help but find amusing.

i saw the best body i've ever seen when i was there. i was cruising around the night market but my penis just followed this girl for several blocks to her apartment cos she had the best legs and ass i'd ever seen. yet to everyone else it was nothing special.

wish i'd had roosh's book then.

instead of just having to rely on my patented "MUTE STALKER" game.

BRAZIL COMPENDIUM

Asians are EVERYWHERE in Rio and Sao Paulo. It's not unusual at all to see them.

BRAZIL COMPENDIUM

Quote: (03-22-2011 02:22 PM)nguyenimproved Wrote:  

these books do fill a niche in the market. and by niche i mean vagina of course.
i was in brazil years ago and an old german guy took me to visit the infamous help nightclub.
the girl i met was really friendly but i was broke and staying at a hostel dorm so she didn't come back with me.
i also went to some real ritzy club in rio de janeiro with a negro girl from london. it was fun but a bit too rich for my blood.

ROFLMAOOOOOO@negro girl..what are you..65 years old..*cracks up at negro girl..sounds like some sort of African-American super heroine..*

Look, up in the sky, is it a bird? No! Is it overcast? No! What is it?

It's Negro girl bwahahahahaha

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

BRAZIL COMPENDIUM

Moma: My guess is that English is not his 1st language...hahaha

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

BRAZIL COMPENDIUM

Quote: (03-22-2011 02:30 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (03-22-2011 02:22 PM)nguyenimproved Wrote:  

ROFLMAOOOOOO@negro girl..what are you..65 years old..*cracks up at negro girl..sounds like some sort of African-American super heroine..*

Look, up in the sky, is it a bird? No! Is it overcast? No! What is it?

It's Negro girl bwahahahahaha

anyone that's been in brazil will know that blacks are called negros down there as opposed to 'blacks' or 'african americans'. A brazilian chick explained to me it's their word for blacks. Something about cognates with their word in portugese. I wasn't really listening cos she had nice boobs. Anyway it's nice to know even on a forum like this we still have a PC patrol. Makes me feel safer.

BRAZIL COMPENDIUM

Quote: (03-22-2011 02:25 PM)Gringo Wrote:  

Asians are EVERYWHERE in Rio and Sao Paulo. It's not unusual at all to see them.

ok maybe it's changed now. But when i was there the only asians were the japanese who originally came there as migrant workers decades ago and stayed in the country. And even they only stayed in their little japanese district. Asian tourists were extremely rare and still would be in comparison to other races. I would venture to say there'd be less than a handful of vietnamese in either city.

BRAZIL COMPENDIUM

i shouldn't even be here today but have to slightly agree with roosh, here. Out of the two cities rio definitely had better looking and more abundancy of babes. Obviously if you only judge by what's available inside clubs your sample will look better cos it's skewed towards a younger and wealthier demographic. The situation gringo describes in sp could be any western city in the world though where the female population is in general fat and ugly but at clubs the best are on show giving a slanted perspective, so to speak. I guess the only difference is in a typical western city you won't get points for having learned how to speak your own native language.

BRAZIL COMPENDIUM

Walk down Paulista Avenue (SPs main street) and you'll see hordes of gorgeous girls, SP is full of them.

BRAZIL COMPENDIUM

Hey! It's my town, boy! SP has beautiful girls for all tastes: tall, white, Afro - Brazilian (people here are trying to catch this "new expression"), short, fat, slim, punks, patricinhas, hippies and so on... If you didn´t see any of it there are 2 possibilities: I) You stayed at home. 2) Did not walk around the most suitable places for your taste.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

BRAZIL COMPENDIUM

That's why I love Sao Paulo, so diverse, so many different types of people. [Image: smile.gif]

BRAZIL COMPENDIUM

i lived in floripa for a while, ill write a thorough data sheet on it once im done with my current trip, its almost winter and i wont be around so i dont mind giving my secrets away

BRAZIL COMPENDIUM

Can't help loving Sao Paulo - have to agree with MrsC there. Loved Jardins where I lived too - a great area, with great pubs nearby. And yes there are plenty of beautifull ladies when you walk down Avenida Paulista, go to one of the great restaurants or many bars and discotecques - take a strall in Iquatemi, Morumbi or one of the other shopping malls and look around. It is a metropol and a city that never sleeps

Being the financial center you find people from the rest of Brasil in SP. There are one million Japanese people living in SP and a lot of Lebanese people too. In Jardins you will see drag-queens and jewish ortodoks - quite a mixture of cultures and people. And if I remenber well Bixiga is the itallian part of town.

BRAZIL COMPENDIUM

Bexiga and Mooca at the East Side.
My BFF is from Mooca and has Italian-Hungarian heritage.