rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Husband Compares The Realities Of Marriage To The Bachelorette

Why matches on The Bachelorette are usually doomed

Quote:Quote:

During an episode of The Bachelorette this season, in which some of the guys learned how to strip during a “group date,” I turned to my wife and asked if she’d like me to perform an exotic dance after the kids were asleep.

She rolled her eyes. I kept my clothes on.

It’s a shame none of the guys from the show were in my living room that night. I would’ve handed out juice boxes, passed around my Visa bill, showed them pictures from when I was their age and then led a tour of the house, letting them take in the sights and sounds of something they were never exposed to on the reality show, which is the reality of marriage.

A relationship, even a new one, is hard work. There are creeping fears and endless decisions. You try your best to do the right thing knowing that, on occasion, you’ll get it wrong. You get a job to help run a household and, over time, that household becomes a second job. There are good times. There are great times. And there are moments of sudden heartbreak, when the bad news seems to fall out of the sky like a bunker buster, laying waste to your best-laid plans.

This is why married people fall into routines. It’s the only way to keep the plans on track, to keep your life from going off the rails. Tedium can be vastly underrated; the strongest relationships involve two people who are comfortable with routine.

Unfortunately for contestants on The Bachelorette, which ends its 10th season on Monday (8 p.m. on City and ABC), the show is designed to entertain viewers. I suspect this is why the combined success rate of The Bachelor and Bachelorette is about 15 per cent.

Consider what 27-year-old Andi Dorfman and her aspiring soul mates did this season. They jetted across Europe. They stayed in swank hotels. They went on lavish dates. They traveled by limo. They made out in pools. They dined in castles. They lounged in saunas. They changed their outfits about seven times a day. They talked about their feelings until the tears flowed as freely as the champagne.

When is the last time you and your partner had time to do any of that?

This is the biggest problem with The Bachelorette. It’s trying to stage-manage “true love” in a funhouse full of fake storylines and wild editing. This is like trying to roast marshmallows over a light bulb in a freezer.

Andi stayed in fantasy suites with both Josh Murray and Nick Viall, the last two men standing. She would’ve learned much more if producers had locked them inside a cramped apartment for a week with a colicky newborn.

The one-on-one dates — from riding a steam train to scaling down the outside of a glass skyscraper — were typically ridiculous. Who wouldn’t seem intriguing against an extraordinary backdrop? You could develop feelings for Mussolini during a walk on the moon. You could fall in love with a Roomba on the Mediterranean at sunset.

But only a couple destined for long-term happiness can master the ordinary, the mundane building blocks of any good relationship: waiting in a doctor’s office, stuck in traffic, at an H&R Block, inside a grocery store, arguing about dog names, compromising on patio furniture, entertaining dull colleagues, hanging out a family reunion, checking one another’s hair for nits after an outbreak of lice at your child’s school.

Now that is true love.

This season the men took a lie detector test in Italy. The truth is, you don’t need to hook up your life partner to a polygraph machine — you’ll know when they are lying. But there’s no time for trust when you’re only with a person for a few hours. This is why caricature prevails on The Bachelorette. This is why Andi’s male harem included a guy devoted to cookies, a guy who offered weird advice on how to pronounce his name — “It’s ‘Anal’ with an M” — and a guy whose occupation was listed as “pantsapreneur.”

Let’s hope this is more fulfilling than chief sockative or shirtapresario.

Searching for a soul mate on national television is a bit like searching for cubic zirconia inside one of Oprah’s mansions. So after the final rose is handed out, the odds Andi will still be with Josh or Nick before Season 11 starts are not great.

This is why I force myself to watch The Bachelorette. It’s a great way to be grateful for the virtues of a boring life. It’s a great way to really appreciate what you have.

“I think you have a fever — because you look pretty hot,” I told my wife, lifting a line from this season.

She smiled and then rolled her eyes.

I'm not sure if the husband who wrote this piece qualifies as alpha or beta based on his expressed views, but to me, his written seems to make a lot of sense, without being expressly red-pill in it's stance.

From a red-pill perspective, it's worth noting that a lot of women crazy a Bachelorette style dating experience and romances, but obviously marriage isn't a good fit with those expectation. If a man actually manages to deliver on a woman's expectations during courtship, there is no way to keep that up when married.

The other take away, is that if you want to give a woman an emotional experience, watch a few later episodes of a season of the show and then base your dates on them.

Of course, we all know that investing too much in a woman is just going to inflate her ego and turn her off, so do this cautiously.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Well this is all true about married couples having to get used to 'tedium' but I wouldn't recommend watching this show or any "reality television" at all.

I turned to my wife and asked if she’d like me to perform an exotic dance after the kids were asleep.

I dismissed him right there!

Mostly beta. I can't understand you would think of women as a 'life partner' today. He is watching the bachelorette and thinking 'life partner' while the bachelorette, andi, is clearly still on the carousel and craving that alpha cock. So her priority is not 'life partner' so much as 'sexiest of the bunch'. But hey, from a woman's perspective, those are one in the same- which i bet the author doesn't comprehend.

One look at Andi and you know her legacy is gobbling alpha cock in a taco bell parking lot. That's very much a part of this show that women crave: seeing a woman get treated like a princess even though she is nearing expiration.

Quote: (07-28-2014 03:34 AM)Suits Wrote:  

I'm not sure if the husband who wrote this piece qualifies as alpha or beta based on his expressed views, but to me, his written seems to make a lot of sense, without being expressly red-pill in it's stance.

From a red-pill perspective, it's worth noting that a lot of women crazy a Bachelorette style dating experience and romances, but obviously marriage isn't a good fit with those expectation. If a man actually manages to deliver on a woman's expectations during courtship, there is no way to keep that up when married.

The other take away, is that if you want to give a woman an emotional experience, watch a few later episodes of a season of the show and then base your dates on them.

Of course, we all know that investing too much in a woman is just going to inflate her ego and turn her off, so do this cautiously.

He is deeply Blue Pill and Beta as well. No Red-Pill man or even conventional Alpha would watch that show with his wife.

The Bachelorette is Hypergamy DREAM for a woman. Even the most lucid girl becomes a deluded hyena when she has the pick of a bunch of successful good-looking guys raising her pedestal higher and higher with each episode. This is the worst possible wooing for a woman EVER - EVER!

The bachelor on the other hand is actually a lot better psychologically speaking. But of course they hated any more Red-Pill-Alpha candidates on the show because he scorned about fat women there. How dare he?

Romantic locations can produce deep feelings in a woman - a form of deep conversion game. In my opinion it is one of the reasons why some celebrities marry so fast (and divorce quickly afterwards) - a combination of deluded grandeur coupled with the bubbles created by wealth and fame and exotic locations can make you believe that this is indeed your "soulmate". Whenever I took a girl on some of those travels deep-conversion was the result. If you are looking for a LTR - watch her as she behaves in everyday situations instead of "ideal" ones.

Matches on the Bachelorette are certainly more doomed than on the Bachelor due to known differences of male and female minds:

- After the show the Bachelorette has delusions of grandeur of being a 15 on a perfect 10 scale
- she thinks that Leo DiCaprio or Ryan Gosling is within her reach
- more interviews and pedestalizations follow
- she quickly ditches her show-lover even if she honestly had slight feelings for him

The show basically is creates a genetically mutated Superhamster on steroids. Her inner Hypergamy is on super-crack and probably remains so for a long time right until full-wall impact or marriage to the richest Beta she can find.

[Image: attachment.jpg20280]   

I wonder when the fat acceptance movement will hit this television series...

Can you imagine a "chubby" Bachelorette? Or worse a bunch of chubby girls competing for a really good looking guy. I wonder whats gonna happen to his standards when he only has fat chicks to choose from. Would be some pure comedy gold right there.

Quote: (07-28-2014 12:22 PM)kinjutsu Wrote:  

I wonder when the fat acceptance movement will hit this television series...

Can you imagine a "chubby" Bachelorette? Or worse a bunch of chubby girls competing for a really good looking guy. I wonder whats gonna happen to his standards when he only has fat chicks to choose from. Would be some pure comedy gold right there.

That would be a PR mess. The gays that control film and TV industry fat shame more than we do. They like dysfunction just like the rest of blue pill society. Just only the dysfunction they approve of.

That fat actress McCarthy is just a white Precious. A kind of white sambo to be privately mocked and publicly laughed at by her handlers. She is so disgusting to them they even attempt to airbrush 50+ pounds off her on magazines. Her hamster either does not realize it or is sedated and suppressed by anti-depressants and gig money. Regardless she has no pride or self respect for herself and other girls looking up to her. If there will be a show like that for fat women, it will be at this level. A comedy for mocking just like you suggested.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Quote: (07-28-2014 03:34 AM)Suits Wrote:  

Why matches on The Bachelorette are usually doomed

During an episode of The Bachelorette this season, in which some of the guys learned how to strip during a “group date,” I turned to my wife and asked if she’d like me to perform an exotic dance after the kids were asleep.

She rolled her eyes. I kept my clothes on.

It’s a shame none of the guys from the show were in my living room that night. I would’ve handed out juice boxes, passed around my Visa bill, showed them pictures from when I was their age and then led a tour of the house, letting them take in the sights and sounds of something they were never exposed to on the reality show, which is the reality of marriage.

A relationship, even a new one, is hard work. There are creeping fears and endless decisions. You try your best to do the right thing knowing that, on occasion, you’ll get it wrong. You get a job to help run a household and, over time, that household becomes a second job. There are good times. There are great times. And there are moments of sudden heartbreak, when the bad news seems to fall out of the sky like a bunker buster, laying waste to your best-laid plans.

This is why married people fall into routines. It’s the only way to keep the plans on track, to keep your life from going off the rails. Tedium can be vastly underrated; the strongest relationships involve two people who are comfortable with routine.

Unfortunately for contestants on The Bachelorette, which ends its 10th season on Monday (8 p.m. on City and ABC), the show is designed to entertain viewers. I suspect this is why the combined success rate of The Bachelor and Bachelorette is about 15 per cent.

Consider what 27-year-old Andi Dorfman and her aspiring soul mates did this season. They jetted across Europe. They stayed in swank hotels. They went on lavish dates. They traveled by limo. They made out in pools. They dined in castles. They lounged in saunas. They changed their outfits about seven times a day. They talked about their feelings until the tears flowed as freely as the champagne.

When is the last time you and your partner had time to do any of that?

This is the biggest problem with The Bachelorette. It’s trying to stage-manage “true love” in a funhouse full of fake storylines and wild editing. This is like trying to roast marshmallows over a light bulb in a freezer.

Andi stayed in fantasy suites with both Josh Murray and Nick Viall, the last two men standing. She would’ve learned much more if producers had locked them inside a cramped apartment for a week with a colicky newborn.

The one-on-one dates — from riding a steam train to scaling down the outside of a glass skyscraper — were typically ridiculous. Who wouldn’t seem intriguing against an extraordinary backdrop? You could develop feelings for Mussolini during a walk on the moon. You could fall in love with a Roomba on the Mediterranean at sunset.

But only a couple destined for long-term happiness can master the ordinary, the mundane building blocks of any good relationship: waiting in a doctor’s office, stuck in traffic, at an H&R Block, inside a grocery store, arguing about dog names, compromising on patio furniture, entertaining dull colleagues, hanging out a family reunion, checking one another’s hair for nits after an outbreak of lice at your child’s school.

Now that is true love.

This season the men took a lie detector test in Italy. The truth is, you don’t need to hook up your life partner to a polygraph machine — you’ll know when they are lying. But there’s no time for trust when you’re only with a person for a few hours. This is why caricature prevails on The Bachelorette. This is why Andi’s male harem included a guy devoted to cookies, a guy who offered weird advice on how to pronounce his name — “It’s ‘Anal’ with an M” — and a guy whose occupation was listed as “pantsapreneur.”

Let’s hope this is more fulfilling than chief sockative or shirtapresario.

Searching for a soul mate on national television is a bit like searching for cubic zirconia inside one of Oprah’s mansions. So after the final rose is handed out, the odds Andi will still be with Josh or Nick before Season 11 starts are not great.

This is why I force myself to watch The Bachelorette. It’s a great way to be grateful for the virtues of a boring life. It’s a great way to really appreciate what you have.

“I think you have a fever — because you look pretty hot,” I told my wife, lifting a line from this season.

She smiled and then rolled her eyes.

So I'll chime in as one of the few married guys who is around. As others have mentioned, this guy is not particularly alpha.

That said, it does sound like has kids. As a dad with 3 kids in the house - son 6, and daughters 4 and 1... It is EXHAUSTING. I'm tired, my wife is more tired.

Exhaustion gone on long enough tanks sex drive. Doesn't matter how alpha you are.

That said, my wife is banned from watching stupid reality shows like the batchelorrete, and she has enough sense to not be watching them in the first place. That said, I had to put the kybosh on Masterchef Canada - it was all about stupid drama between big egos vs the cooking.