rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Leather Jackets

Leather Jackets

I want to buy a nice leather jacket for autumn and don't really know where to start.

When shopping for a leather jacket what should you keep in mind?
How can you tell quality leather from cheap shit?
Would you go for those with an elastic cuff or rather without?
Anything else to consider?

Leather Jackets

What's your price range? Leather jackets range from around $100 for the fake stuff to being exorbitantly expensive.

My favourite leather jacket (if money was no object) is Schott's "Beat-Down Moto Leather Jacket" which retails for US$750. I'm by no means an expert though.

[Image: JO1uFrV.jpg]

[Image: urban-outfitters-black-schott-beatdown-m..._flex.jpeg]

Leather Jackets

I could spend around 200€-300€. I prefer a more simple/ minimalisitc/ clean kind of style. Less zippers, belts, lapels, etc.

Leather Jackets

Quote: (07-20-2014 06:17 AM)BoiBoi Wrote:  

I want to buy a nice leather jacket for autumn and don't really know where to start.

When shopping for a leather jacket what should you keep in mind?
How can you tell quality leather from cheap shit?
Would you go for those with an elastic cuff or rather without?
Anything else to consider?

As far as the best selection for Game-aware men goes I would stick to R-selected fashion.

Distressed short leather jacket is the best price to impact ratio. Otherwise you can get way cooler coats.

Example of R-selected fashion with distressed leather jacket:

[Image: attachment.jpg19873]   

Most leather jackets are either in boring 1950s style, have a stupid fit, are loose and baggy or are too feminine.

Another way is to go upscale and search for designer-ware. Armani or Givenchy have some - you might find some copies of that online:

[Image: attachment.jpg19874]   
[Image: attachment.jpg19875]   

Otherwise it R-selected style a la modern Indiana Jones is the best way - here from Krauser's homepage:

[Image: attachment.jpg19876]   

Leather Jackets

that sounds geeky as hell.
What exactly is R selected fashion.
If youre gonna drop random terms...explain them

And I find it odd that you call is fashion...fashion is a womans term

men shouldnt be wearing tight leather jackets that look like you should be at a gimp bar

the 50s leather jacket style is timeless.
Of course it can be updated and colored.. but Im suspect of your style now

I am the cock carousel

Leather Jackets

Perfect timing for a thread, as I have been looking for a jacket for a while.

I my self almost pulled the trigger on this jacket below, but a little pricy, and the shoulder pads was to much details for my style.

[Image: kirkham_jacket_71100767_T.jpg?sw=900&sh=950&sfrm=jpg]

Leather Jackets

Quote: (07-20-2014 07:35 AM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

men shouldnt be wearing tight leather jackets that look like you should be at a gimp bar

[Image: bring_out_the_gimp_by_the_russian.jpg]

[Image: laugh4.gif]

Leather Jackets

Quote: (07-20-2014 07:22 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Most leather jackets are either in boring 1950s style, have a stupid fit, are loose and baggy or are too feminine.

That leather jacket looks really cool, you have any idea what brand/model it is?

And I got curious about r-selected related to leather jackets. Know its a evolutionary term, but can´t see the connection to style.

Leather Jackets

I think in this context it means giving an edgy or slightly dangerous vibe. "Bad boy."

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Leather Jackets

Quote: (07-20-2014 07:35 AM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

Research R-selected vs. K-selected evolutionary patterns yourself.

R-selected mating patterns are known within Game via the Lover vs. Provider dichotomy. With a little shift in style, behavior and words girls see you more like the potential lover even while having a boyfriend or husband. It is the secret society all over.

http://krauserpua.com/2014/06/13/the-r-s...l-playboy/
http://krauserpua.com/2014/06/19/street-...in-action/

And I don't feel like I have to explain everything. Game knowledge expands non-stop. It is not a random term anymore. I initially rejected R- and K-selection within Game, but after some research and infield-testing realized that there is a good deal of merit in it.

You can pull off any style the Alpha way. I've seen ridiculously clad Hipster-Alphas. But usually it makes seduction a bit easier.

I've experimented with some stuff recently, but wardrobe (more masculine word - satisfied? And I say as much fashion fashion fashion as I fucking want. [Image: smile.gif] ) especially has to be changed to a good degree within every new environment you are in.
Krauser uses this in countries like Serbia & Eastern Europe: https://twitter.com/Krauserpua/status/47...44/photo/1

In the LA club scene it will be something completely different.

K-selected boyfriend look, stance and posture: (no sex for you until the 3rd date. And how dare you pick up girls? You should be looking for a nice girlfriend!)
[Image: attachment.jpg19884]   

Here Tyler from RSD shows you infield-footage of how differently girls react to Lover vs Provider or R-selected vs. K-selected.
Though apart from the guy-cleavage (open shirt) Tyler has only a white party-Jacket that is more extravagant. (which is not K-selected either. Imagine going shopping with your girlfriend: "Why do you need a white Jacket?")

And here have some more k-selected Nice Guy styling (via Betabrand - yes they call themselves that):
[Image: attachment.jpg19885]   
His wardrobe and mini-guitar makes me want to apologize for my misogyny.

BTW - the Armani tight leather jacket is more like a slim-fit shirt. Frankly I don't know if I would wear that myself. When in doubt - always choose the more masculine.

@pants: found it here - they have some links to the store
http://www.a-gentlemans-row.com/street-s...er-jacket/

Leather Jackets

Fashion is for women and homo's, it's not only inherently feminine but also fickle and constantly changing.

Style is for men, the pace of change is much more sedate making it relatively timeless. There is a reason all the clothes thread on this forum have the Style tag and not Fashion.

Everyone knows dressing with some bad boy edge gets it wet more then dressing a cookie cutter dweeb. Using a term like "R-selected fashion" not only makes no sense when referring to guys (perhaps it works for mini-skirts instead) but is also the kind of nerd nomenclature like "negging" or "pickup artist" that makes people cringe.

Leather Jackets

Quote: (07-20-2014 09:16 AM)Deluge Wrote:  

Fashion is for women and homo's, it's not only inherently feminine but also fickle and constantly changing.

Style is for men, the pace of change is much more sedate making it relatively timeless. There is a reason all the clothes thread on this forum have the Style tag and not Fashion.

Everyone knows dressing with some bad boy edge gets it wet more then dressing a cookie cutter dweeb. Using a term like "R-selected fashion" not only makes no sense when referring to guys (perhaps it works for mini-skirts instead) but is also the kind of nerd nomenclature like "negging" or "pickup artist" that makes people cringe.

Fine - I will concede that the word Fashion is too far up the ass of the stupid feminized fashion industry.

But R-selection is a valid term and it works basically on men only. Women are R-selected anyway. The expression "neg" has not been replaced and is still valid despite the attempted marring by the media.

Yeah - PUA is an outdated term that hardly anyone in the community uses.

Either way - I was not aware of any word-PC-Gestapo police here. Geek seems to be a word to be tossed out as fast as Misogynist on Jezzebel.

What's next? The RVF Forum Wedgie Squad? [Image: smile.gif] Though the paradox is that in school I was both. I lifted weights, was one of the strongest guys in school able to do free handstand-push-ups and I took part in the international chemistry olympiad.

[Image: pc8vhyz81be92ddbxg3v.gif]

Leather Jackets

Quote: (07-20-2014 09:36 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

The expression "neg" has not been replaced and is still valid despite the attempted marring by the media.

What PUA's call negging is what everyone else calls teasing.

Quote: (07-20-2014 09:36 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

What's next? The RVF Forum Wedgie Squad?

[Image: pc8vhyz81be92ddbxg3v.gif]

Didn't you get the memo? RVF is for cool kids only [Image: tongue.gif]

Let's get back on topic now.

Leather Jackets

Here's what I'm rockin' at the moment..

[Image: a9f41742-dcfa-42fb-a7de-b3ec49e37b9c_zps6caabb34.jpg]

Hugo Boss has some great stuff too. A lot of guys probably wont like this jacket but I find it dope as fuck. Soft lamb leather. If youve been to EE/Russia, theres a considerable amount of dudes wearing this type of jacket.

[Image: 214a2846-2985-4ab8-bb05-fd0d60009de5_zps587009e6.jpg]

Leather Jackets

More inspo

Oxblood Leather Jacket

[Image: og6OhTh.jpg]

[Image: 3vp6jxN.jpg]

Leather Jackets

For a while I wore a Harley Davidson vintage leather jacket.

It was rather expensive, but worth every cent.

Looked like this:

[Image: attachment.jpg19886]   

Nowadays you can get it cheaper due to more slave labor in SEA.

Some of the high-quality jackets are worthwhile to buy even pre-worn. A quality jacket can last decades, if you don't get into too many bar-fights.

Leather Jackets

Quote: (07-20-2014 07:47 AM)pants Wrote:  

Quote: (07-20-2014 07:22 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

That leather jacket looks really cool, you have any idea what brand/model it is?

And I got curious about r-selected related to leather jackets. Know its a evolutionary term, but can´t see the connection to style.

really interested in knowing what model this jacket is too

Leather Jackets

^It's from a street style blog post, so there's no way of knowing.

Leather Jackets

... yeah - tried to find it and so have others.

Sometimes it seems to me that the industry in all it's fervor to create a better Beta just avoids more masculine styles like this jacket.

Leather Jackets

Quote: (07-20-2014 10:46 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

... yeah - tried to find it and so have others.

Sometimes it seems to me that the industry in all it's fervor to create a better Beta just avoids more masculine styles like this jacket.

I looked some more on that pic. Its actually just a basic leather jacket style thats been around for ages. Thigns that makes is cool its mostle that its been heavily worn, the guy is fit/good looking. And he has great accesories. And the way he rock it is cool, arms roled up, jacket unzipped.

A jacket like this is not so far off, just it looks like shit with a worse looking guy, barnd new.
[Image: image1xl.jpg]

I have found many cool jackets, but my plan is to just go for something simple and classic that will stay in style for ever.

Leather Jackets

BLK DNM has great leathers.

[Image: medium.jpg]

Leather Jackets

They're not cheap but Aero leather jackets are insane.

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/produ...sicleather

They make them from a special horsehide. They used to be made to order only, but now they have some sizes in stock apparently.

This is the classic one. It will set you back 620 Euro (about $840 at current rates)

[Image: 7635381c01ed9077_981516fc2fca02a1_s2286-front-500.jpg]

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Leather Jackets

Anybody have any good leads as to where I can get a shearling/ leather fighter pilot style jacket, at a good price.

I had a dope one before and threw it out.

Schott makes dope stuff.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Leather Jackets

Quote: (07-20-2014 09:53 AM)Cunnilinguist Wrote:  

Here's what I'm rockin' at the moment..

[Image: a9f41742-dcfa-42fb-a7de-b3ec49e37b9c_zps6caabb34.jpg]

Hugo Boss has some great stuff too. A lot of guys probably wont like this jacket but I find it dope as fuck. Soft lamb leather. If youve been to EE/Russia, theres a considerable amount of dudes wearing this type of jacket.

[Image: 214a2846-2985-4ab8-bb05-fd0d60009de5_zps587009e6.jpg]

My Hugo Boss lamb leather jacket has gotten me laid at least twice - both times SNLs with women who opened me by complimenting the jacket.. It's one of the best purchases I've ever made. The only con is that the leather is a little weak. I've had to have to repairs (~10/each) made but I still think it's worth it.

Edited to add - knock that r-selected BS right off. I know what it means and I think it's lame as fuck to apply it to game/style/fashion whatever.

Leather Jackets

When I was young and angry boy I wore bespoke slightly updated WWII Kriegsmarine U-boot reefer. Here's similar one:
[Image: 3_zps05bc7584.jpg]
Now I have classic bomber jacket:
[Image: bomber-jacket-bally.jpg]
I also like Timberland Heritage and Earthkeepers distressed collection:
[Image: 48495-timberland-earthkeepers-leather-ja...67296d.jpg]
[Image: timberland_heritage04_zps6c016b67.jpg]
[Image: steve-pick_zps07775d7a.jpg]

If you are in EE and you know exactly what you want you can buy bespoke jacket that fits like a glove for around 200-300 euro. I think it's a good deal.