rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cheap Booze recommendations

Wow, I feel so high class for starting this thread.

So background, for those of you who don't know. I'm a broke college kid. If you guys could give some good, cheap booze recommendations, I'd be thankful. If I ever have to drink Senators' Club again, I'm going to fucking puke.

If you're not fucking her, someone else is.

Been there done that. But a Brita filter. Put that Popov vodka through it for times. Chill and add some mint or lemon or berries. Qualityof vodka is greatly dependant onthe quality ofwater the etoh is mixed with. So filter that shit.

Been there, still doing that sometimes.

[Image: CarloRossiJug_Chianti.jpg]

[Image: 70991cf7-cc1d-498c-8140-cb84f77f7469_300.jpg]

[Image: don-q_blog.jpg]

[Image: evanwilliamsbourbon%201.75.jpg]

I can tolerate any brand of cheap vodka but Skol.

Get it poppin with some Natural Light.

[Image: 13391833_201307241356.jpg]

Kool-Aid: For all the whack bitches who "don't drink". Maybe it could be mixed with some vodka to troll the whack bitches who "don't drink".

[Image: koolaidjammergrape_500_1.jpg]

And get a 2 liter coke from some store nearby. Makes a good chaser!

Nope.

Quote: (07-17-2014 08:52 PM)Truth Teller Wrote:  

Wow, I feel so high class for starting this thread.

So background, for those of you who don't know. I'm a broke college kid. If you guys could give some good, cheap booze recommendations, I'd be thankful. If I ever have to drink Senators' Club again, I'm going to fucking puke.

In Australia (where a 6 pack of beer is $15) students and trashy people drink a lot of goon, which is basically cheap wine that comes in a sack.

[Image: thumb.jpg]

They're $9-10 for a 4 litre sack with about 35 standard drinks. It doesn't taste that great on it's own, but mix it with orange juice (a goon sunrise) or lemonade and you've got yourself a cheap as fuck, decent tasting way to get yourself loaded. Students in particular like to drink Fruity Lexia by Golden Oak which is one of the better tasting ones.

[Image: Screen+Shot+2014-05-05+at+5.00.15+pm.png]

Pour 1 bottle of cheap vodka (Platinum works well) into a large pitcher. Drop in 8-10 pinapple rings (if you don't buy a fresh pineapple you can sometimes find these in cafeteria salad bar). Let sit for 4+ days. Do not eat the pineapple.

Most bottles of Sherry will have higher alc. percentage than wine but with lower costs.

I don't know what cheap is to you; I'll drink nothing but water before I drink piss like natty light, personally.

TL,DR: apple pie moonshine, mimosas, infused liquor.

Apple pie moonshine. You need a gallon of apple cider, a gallon of apple juice, a bottle of everclear 190 proof, sugar, and cinnamon sticks. This is a good recipe. I put it in mason jars while it's still hot, usually it seals the lids but that's not really important. You can drink it warm or cold. I prefer drinking it chilled after letting it age for a few months, it gets smoother with time, but you can drink it right away and it's still quite good. The last jar I drank was about 6 months old, and it was the best alcoholic drink I've ever had. Alcohol content is like a strong wine, it's not as strong as people say but it's very easy to drink a lot. I'll go through a quart myself when I have guests over for dinner no problem. Total cost for the 9 quarts is maybe $33, which is like buying eleven $3 bottles of wine. This is the best bang for my buck I've found so far, but it gets old drinking the same thing all the time.

I'm a big fan of mimosas. Find a cheap sparkling white wine you like for around $7-8, mix equal parts with orange juice, voila. I add grenadine to mine. Figure 1.5 liters for $12, pretty decent. I think I settled on Cook's Extra Dry for my mimosa recipe. Of course there are dozens of variations mixing different combinations of juices and champagne. The downside to mimosas is when you open a 750ml bottle of sparkling wine, you're committed to drinking a whole pitcher worth of mimosas within a few hours or the wine will go flat and taste disgusting. So, it's best as a social drink unless you want to down 1.5 liters of mimosa in 3 hours by yourself. With a champagne stopper you can keep the carbonation in, but don't expect to keep an open bottle of sparkling wine for more than 24 hours.

You can make a quart of cinnamon whiskey for cheap. Buy a fifth of shitty whiskey, white granular sugar and a few cinnamon sticks. Make a syrup by adding a cup of sugar to a cup of water in a pot and heating it until the sugar is all dissolved. Add the whiskey to the pot with 2-3 cinnamon sticks and heat it all up, but don't get close to boiling. Stir it for awhile until it's well mixed, then let it cool off and store it in a mason jar. It's great warm on winter days, but it's a cheap way to get hammered too. Adding the syrup and cinnamon masks the flavor of the cheap-ass whiskey. I usually use whiskey in the $12-13 fifth range. There are lots of other infused liquor recipes that help turn cheap swill into decent tasting stuff.

FYI, cinnamon sticks are way cheaper if you buy them bulk from someplace like Penzeys. Same with most other spices. The spices you buy in little jars at the supermarket are retarded expensive. But of course, buying more than you need is just a waste because spices do have a limited shelf life.

Anyway, hopefully this will give you some ideas. Cheap drinks don't have to come in 30 packs or plastic bottles.

I don't have any cheap beer recommendations because cheap beer is, IMO, less appetizing than horse piss.

Ahh, the days of college. I remember we used to always drink either Keystone Light, Bush Light or Ice beers. Used to be a 30 pack of keystone $9.99 can't beat that. These days I can't stand cheap booze or beer. My cheap pick would have to be Costco Brand tequila. It's usually about $17.99 but for a giant bottle. Tastes good and fairly cheap. Still not as cheap as the $1.99 cheap vodkas you find at some dumpy liquor stores but the stuff is affordable and will last a while.

Pour some cheap vodka inside an empty bottle of grey goose.
Girls only think they know the difference, but most can't tell.

Costco Kirklane brand liquors, good quality 1.75 L handles for $13-20.

New Amsterdam gin/vodka handle for $15.

[Image: ngbbs43680ebd8dcf8.jpeg]

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Trader Joe's has some good house label vodka for $10 and bourbon for $12. If you feel like splurging, their single malt scotch is $20.

They used to have a fantastic Irish whiskey, but the distiller stopped making it a while back. A shame, as that was one of the best whiskeys I've ever had.

"Nothing comes easier than madness in the world today
Mass paranoia is a mode not a malady"
Bad Religion - The Defense

White Star.

If you're English and you read this without smiling you haven't lived.

Havnt tried it yet bit I hear people raving about an Aldi wine brand called white owl or something along those lines

Remember, Smirinoff wins most blind vodka tasting tests.

Quote: (07-18-2014 09:58 AM)Basil Ransom Wrote:  

Costco Kirklane brand liquors, good quality 1.75 L handles for $13-20.

New Amsterdam gin/vodka handle for $15.

Kirklands wine is also pretty good and well priced.

I personally avoid Natty Light like the plague.

I'm looking to spend no more than $15 a bottle. Decent cheap beer is easy to find. Cheap hard liquor is tough to find.

If you're not fucking her, someone else is.

Quote: (07-18-2014 01:35 PM)Truth Teller Wrote:  

I personally avoid Natty Light like the plague.

I'm looking to spend no more than $15 a bottle. Decent cheap beer is easy to find. Cheap hard liquor is tough to find.

[Image: Cachaca-51-1er2.jpg]

Find this and your set. It's widely available. It's the brand that is most popular in Rio(I believe). I drink a bunch of it there.

Make some Caiprinha's and your set with yourself and women.
http://www.diffordsguide.com/cocktails/r...ian-serve.

I've been there, look for cheap sangria in big plastic bottles, 7-8% alcohol, approx 3$ for 1.5 liter.
Brand may vary but most countries I've visited have cheap sangria.
Cheap wine and beer often taste awful, but sangria's always decent.

Quote: (07-18-2014 01:48 PM)txtraveler Wrote:  

Find this and your set. It's widely available. It's the brand that is most popular in Rio(I believe). I drink a bunch of it there.

Haha, nice.

Also, you can also try caipirinhas with a variety of fruits, if it's cheaper or easier to find that your location: pineapple, tangerine, lychee, kiwi, passion fruit, strawberry and other berries (girls love it). Combining them is great too. Just watchout for that mighty hangover.

By the way, how much does a bottle of 51 go for in the US?

Here in Brazil it ranges from R$4-7 (less than 4 USD).

Seagrams makes good cheap liquor- not dirt cheap but very good for the price- seagrams 7 for whiskey, gin is good, and vodka is pretty good too. For tequilla just buy the cheapest that says 100% de agave.

Quote: (07-18-2014 04:53 PM)Ringo Wrote:  

Quote: (07-18-2014 01:48 PM)txtraveler Wrote:  

Haha, nice.

Also, you can also try caipirinhas with a variety of fruits, if it's cheaper or easier to find that your location: pineapple, tangerine, lychee, kiwi, passion fruit, strawberry and other berries (girls love it). Combining them is great too. Just watchout for that mighty hangover.

By the way, how much does a bottle of 51 go for in the US?

Here in Brazil it ranges from R$4-7 (less than 4 USD).

Last time I bought it I think it was around 15 bucks

ERA montepulciano d Abruzzo.

Delicious, organic red that delivers tons for the money. Prob less than $8 in the USA.
Their merlot is not half bad either. Do open up half hour before drinking, vastly improves.

Even amateurs will appreciate the great QPR

You want to watch out for Brita filters. They weren't designed to purify alcohol, which will denature the plastic and leach a bunch of chemical shit into your booze. Buy a pound or two of activated carbon, a gallon of rot-gut popov vodka, and a large glass bottle (should have plenty of those lying around), throw some activated carbon into the mix, let it sit for a few days and filter it into a Grey Goose bottle with a coffee filter. Chill and serve.

Edit: Since you're in college, hit up the local chemistry lab and you can probably get some activated carbon for free.