rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

#LikeAGirl: The Latest Corporate Pandering to the You-Go-Girl Craze

Try not to laugh when you realize this thing is orchestrated by a tampon company.

The whole video is worth a watch through your facepalm fingers. But, an interesting note is that the little girls are depicted as not buying into the differences between boys and girls, proving--as we've asserted all along--that the generations coming behind us are coming up fully deluded in the you-go-girl ethos.

In other words, it's going to get worse.

I've said before and I'll say it again: you-go-girlism is more toxic than feminism.

[Image: AzbjuB1.gif]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Marketing ploy: You are a strong, empowered women if you stuff our tampons up your vag. Makes sense.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

boy oh boy, they really want the POWER don't they.

honestly, it's just sad. seeing woman so determined to be men... and for what, I ask?

The comments are mostly sickening--with bitches and wimps buying the pitch hook, line, and sinker--but gotta hand it to this would-be forum member. He fights the good fight in that thread.

[Image: attachment.jpg19447]   

There's also some decent general trolling.

[Image: attachment.jpg19448]   

Some pushback on the feminist commenters.

[Image: attachment.jpg19449]   

And then this.

[Image: attachment.jpg19450]   

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Can somebody please explain to me how an advertisement, Twitter campaign or corporation can empower a class of people?

Let's go ahead and assume that girls have this collapse of self-esteem starting at puberty (so the wicked patriarchy doesn't kick in until girls starts growing tits?). Why? Is it because that girls don't realize they are different than boys until they start menstruating and boys no longer regard them as icky and want to pork roast them? Is it because you can't play this "we all are all equal" once sexual differential kicks in and natural talent becomes more and more obvious?

I think what they are talking about is our horrible approach to raising youth, mindlessly praising them for states of being, instead of what they do. Instead of congratulating a girl for painting a mural (I'm proud you put in so much work), we tell girls, "You are SO good at painting."

This comes out in the ad, as they seem to think telling girls they are inherently kind, smart, etc. is the appropriate way to raise self-esteem. It isn't, as it will cause insecurity when their identity is threatened by reality. We see this all the time with feminists, as they regard themselves as thinkers, smart and educated. When challenged, they project stupidity or ignorance onto others, as they see themselves as smart and intelligent, so stupidity couldn't possibly coming from somebody like them.

Still, that was assuming that this statistic is true. Most mainstream statistics are bullshit, and I have yet to see any links to any study like this that wasn't hidden behind a paywall. People who believe in this statistic are predisposed to seeing women as they crippled victims of sexism and patriarchy and in order to remedy this, we must praise, celebrate and honor women - by proclaiming women as strong, smart and just as capable as any man. Thus, defending against any true change.

Odds are, the marketers behind this are women and have no idea what they are doing, just defending the status quo while they pound away on their laptops, thinking they are truly changing society.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

girls are always, you know, going on about some bizarre shit. They're cute when they're not howling due to some truly ludicrous emotional reasoning.

What's crazy is when YOU expect them to consistently make any sense, they it's YOU that's gone nuts.

It can be deceptive. women can learn complex behaviors and do them well, like practicing medicine. Then you can say one tiny thing wrong and they turn into Attila the Hun.

Just humor them. they're too dumb to know when you're doing it. It's the other edge of the sword of vanity. They can't believe someone would just take their whole worldview as hilariously distorted and childlike.

Quote: (06-27-2014 01:36 AM)2Wycked Wrote:  

This comes out in the ad, as they seem to think telling girls they are inherently kind, smart, etc. is the appropriate way to raise self-esteem. It isn't, as it will cause insecurity when their identity is threatened by reality. We see this all the time with feminists, as they regard themselves as thinkers, smart and educated. When challenged, they project stupidity or ignorance onto others, as they see themselves as smart and intelligent, so stupidity couldn't possibly coming from somebody like them.

It's odd. They've been blowing smoke up girl's arses since the mid 80's or so with this positive self-esteem mantra, with increasing intensity, and I've watched women seemingly-degrade in my lifetime because of it.

All it seems to have resulted in is weird, twitchy, constantly-stressed out girls seemingly-unable to deeply connect with those around them, who are prone to depression and give off a sense of being control freaks, desperately hanging on to their comportment by a thread, but looking for the slightest triviality to completely break down over and fly into a hysterical rage.

When I was a kid, if you looked at women, they were generally smiling, daydreaming, giggling or happy. Now their default expression on the street is stressed and pissed-off, and their facebook and tinder profile pictures are a parade of awkward, not-quite-knowing-what-a-normal-human-expression-is pictures. Even worse, when they used to be daydreaming in public, now they often seem to be sitting there, absolutely vacant, in what honestly resembles a fugue state.

The cult of self-esteem has created a generation of broken women, and if all the cheerleading in the world has resulted in the girls I see before me, with their false accomplishments, constant complaining, and lack of any real advancement, research or breakthroughs coming from their segment of society, then the problem isn't low self-esteem, but that girls simply want it all without working for it and expecting others to do it for them, then spiral into depression when it doesn't happen.

Quote: (06-27-2014 03:47 AM)AnonymousBosch Wrote:  

It's odd. They've been blowing smoke up girl's arses since the mid 80's or so with this positive self-esteem mantra, with increasing intensity, and I've watched women seemingly-degrade in my lifetime because of it.

All it seems to have resulted in is weird, twitchy, constantly-stressed out girls seemingly-unable to deeply connect with those around them, who are prone to depression and give off a sense of being control freaks, desperately hanging on to their comportment by a thread, but looking for the slightest triviality to completely break down over and fly into a hysterical rage.

When I was a kid, if you looked at women, they were generally smiling, daydreaming, giggling or happy. Now their default expression on the street is stressed and pissed-off, and their facebook and tinder profile pictures are a parade of awkward, not-quite-knowing-what-a-normal-human-expression-is pictures. Even worse, when they used to be daydreaming in public, now they often seem to be sitting there, absolutely vacant, in what honestly resembles a fugue state.

The cult of self-esteem has created a generation of broken women, and if all the cheerleading in the world has resulted in the girls I see before me, with their false accomplishments, constant complaining, and lack of any real advancement, research or breakthroughs coming from their segment of society, then the problem isn't low self-esteem, but that girls simply want it all without working for it and expecting others to do it for them, then spiral into depression when it doesn't happen.

Excellent and so true. I remember reading some where, and I think it was on this forum, that feminists who want more girls in math and science are always women who find no interest in math and science but want to push OTHER women into math and science.

Anyway, this whole feminist bullshit movement has made women's lives miserable and them miserable. But women are too hive minded to speak up against it. So we keep going down this road of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Women's brains are not designed/evolved for higher mathematics and science. Some women, very few, can do it. But even for them it isn't the same excitement/challenge/achievement men get from it. So we try to force women to do something they don't want to do, making women miserable, which in turn makes men miserable.

What a farce.

This is the kind of stuff that further proves men, in general, are the ones who push the boundaries of space and science. Sure, every now and then there is a female who contributes, but for the most part, it's men. The reason is, men don't constantly need some campaign to make them feel empowered. We know we're empowered. The amount of energy women spend on this feel good junk is absurd and sidetracks them from truly useful endeavors.

Just imagine if all the fat acceptance energy went into educating people about quality eating habits, or even better, into improving our food supply? Imagine if all the energy companies put into You-Go-Girl campaigns went into R&D?

I'm not saying a woman can't contribute to useful endeavors. I've met numerous women in the sciences and medical fields that I have no doubt that they will contribute positively. However, they are the small minority. The vast majority are too distracted, too sidetracked by modern feminism, by fat acceptance, by You-Go-Girl campaigns, that they will never contribute positively and only work to hamper the efforts to improve mankind.

These campaigns are the very reason why men advance humanity to the edge of knowledge, and women just get in the way. I hope that can change, but I won't hold my breath.

Quote: (06-27-2014 12:49 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Try not to laugh when you realize this thing is orchestrated by a tampon company.

[Image: KLyJGLZ.gif]

I think you're right Tuth, we might need an attention whoring subforum.

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

I've always said that at the heart of feminism is misogyny. It's penis envy and self loathing. They don't like being women and know in their heart that females are inferior to men. Thus through anger and self loathing, they try to blur the lines that distinguish women from men.

I would go further and say we are the true liberators of women. We not only accept their femininity, we encourage it! We think their feminine nature is wonderful and we are dead set against trying to cover that up with a cheap facade of masculinity.

Take care of those titties for me.

More women working, means a larger tax base and more money to peddle into the consumer market, which is based around female vanity.

Smart responses by all!

[Image: clap.gif]

But 2Wyck hit the nail on the head in the bolded text below. Parents are approaching self-esteem incorrectly, and thus the advertisement companies (who aren't idiots) are swooping in to make a profit.

Can somebody please explain to me how an advertisement, Twitter campaign or corporation can empower a class of people?

Let's go ahead and assume that girls have this collapse of self-esteem starting at puberty (so the wicked patriarchy doesn't kick in until girls starts growing tits?). Why? Is it because that girls don't realize they are different than boys until they start menstruating and boys no longer regard them as icky and want to pork roast them? Is it because you can't play this "we all are all equal" once sexual differential kicks in and natural talent becomes more and more obvious?

I think what they are talking about is our horrible approach to raising youth, mindlessly praising them for states of being, instead of what they do. Instead of congratulating a girl for painting a mural (I'm proud you put in so much work), we tell girls, "You are SO good at painting."

Still, that was assuming that this statistic is true. Most mainstream statistics are bullshit, and I have yet to see any links to any study like this that wasn't hidden behind a paywall. People who believe in this statistic are predisposed to seeing women as they crippled victims of sexism and patriarchy and in order to remedy this, we must praise, celebrate and honor women - by proclaiming women as strong, smart and just as capable as any man. Thus, defending against any true change.

Odds are, the marketers behind this are women and have no idea what they are doing, just defending the status quo while they pound away on their laptops, thinking they are truly changing society.

Actually it was very ironic, recently a Krav Maga school based in my city began reaching out with advertising. They got the backing from mainstream news papers and even the BBC did a section on them. Of course it wouldn't be fun if it was just about men building up their testosterone and confidence; they had to say how this is positive for women. Because women who learn Krav Maga turn into empowered strong bad asses, that no one will want to mess with. There was the token female martial artist and even journalists (what they know about Krav maga, hell knows). Advertising and praising the product for women.

Sure enough, women began turning up to try out classes, however they ended up getting serious injuries during the first training sessions, dislocating their shoulders, sprains; all sorts of problems. Eventually giving up and packing the training in after the first couple of lessons. There have been exceptions, women who do well in Krav Maga, but they are very rarely the "you go girrrl" types displayed by the media. They are mostly very humble and respect it as a male space, and in accordance they get treated with respect by the men in the class.

This is one big shaming campaign.

It's part of corporate America's continuing propaganda campaign to strangle ANY attempt by anyone to notice (or comment on) gender differences between men and women.

If you are so bold as to make any comment or observation about gender differences, then by definition you're being "insulting."
We're all exactly the same! Now we can't even acknowledge that girls and boys run, throw, walk, and talk differently.

So here again, as so much else in the US, you're not allowed to speak the truth.

It's an awfully twisted society we live in where it is considered taboo to recognize and acknowledge differences between men and women.

A few notes on this video:

-Girls still look and sound girly when they do things. Legs and arms are closer together when they run, less control of bat/club when they swing, higher pitched voices, poor attire for physical activities (wearing dresses and loose fitting shirts), and not enough follow-through when they throw a punch.

-Ad is talking about an age-old male-only shaming tactic used to teach men to be less feminine and more masculine, yet the ad is completely centered around using as an insult to women making it inaccurate and irrelevant. Saying you do anything "like a girl" is relegated only as a insult to men and is socially ignorant to take offense to it as a woman. Its like saying "you eat like a pig" somehow being insulting to pigs - pigs eat a lot and they will eat nearly anything you put in front of them. The ad is celebrating women while simultaneously openly saying being a woman and looking and acting like one is bad and shameful.

-This is nothing shocking considering the "progressive" state of social affairs in the West.

-Erin is 8/10 WB

Quote: (06-27-2014 11:47 AM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

It's part of corporate America's continuing propaganda campaign to strangle ANY attempt by anyone to notice (or comment on) gender differences between men and women.

It is so they only have to make unisex clothing. Lowers costs more profits. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

The difference between the throwing motion of girls and boys is so obvious that even the Washington Post cannot deny it.

[Image: w-Girlthrow.jpg]

I see an opportunity for some trolling.

#LikeAGirl on the casting couch
#LikeAGirl getting free drinks

This is top quality trolling by always, making a whole twitter campaign about a statement that 10 year old boys say to each other as an insult.

I don't really understand what's going on because i've never heard a boy say you run like a girl to a girl. Because that would be stupid.

Anyway all these twitter hashtags remind me of a little kid that keeps getting distracted by shiny things. Which is quite a good metaphor because these twitter hashtags offer absolutely nothing of value.

Well done Always top quality trolling job I'd give it a 8/10

[Image: clap2.gif]

They still fight like girls at least

This shit is blowing up my facebook atm.

Even after being told they're now "empowered" by the tampon company spokeswoman, those girls still have terrible sport forms. They just think they are now awesome.

Quote: (07-01-2014 07:36 PM)StrikeBack Wrote:  

This shit is blowing up my facebook atm.

Even after being told they're now "empowered" by the tampon company spokeswoman, those girls still have terrible sport forms. They just think they are now awesome.

I've seen it lately too.

My response to this...Daniel Tosh, "women can do anything a man can except.."
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4vXXMswCMzU

The hashtag should be #LikeaMan

Apparently that's the message: Whatever you do, don't do it #likeagirl.

Truly weird shit. As has been said, this is going to lead to some seriously damaged ladies.

#wishIstillgaveafuck

Quote: (07-01-2014 07:54 PM)Sawyer Wrote:  

The hashtag should be #LikeaMan

Apparently that's the message: Whatever you do, don't do it #likeagirl.

So true. Penis envy again.

Females wish they were males.

Take care of those titties for me.