rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Would Americanizing your name help you get laid?

I've been thinking about that Dr Phil clip with the player that helped the Indian dude game some girls. His name was very "ethnic". I think it was Sandeep.

Do think this is a factor with American girls? Would it help FOB dudes if they went by a nickname or just picked an American name to go by?

I've worked for a few Asian companies and they're big on going by American names.

Team Nachos

In the words of the great 21st Century Emo Poet hell yea fucking right!

If your name is Alain Delon, leave it as is.

Now, if your name is Shital Singh, that's a different story.

You know what I think is kinda funny. People who are truly ethnic are always wanting to be more American while people who are American are always trying to be more ethnic than they really are. I'm American but Italian by ethnicity so I feel I can speak frankly about Italians. I can't tell you how many Americans of Italian descent who really have very little to no connection to their culture trying to use the 3 Italian words they know in every sentence or talking like they are so ethnic. Then you have people who are truly ethnic trying to be more American.

I also hang out with a lot of Ukranian, Polish, Russian people since my girl grew up in a Ukranian neighborhhood. I think it kinda words to their advantage being ethnic although they truly are and are not just playing it up.

As far as Indians I definately think there's a bit of a prejudice towards Indians when it comes to game and the like. In that case it probably wouldn't hurt. I have a buddy whos name is some long Indian name and he goes by Sam.

Not trying to stereotype myself but in my experience growing up most Indians were very booksmart, not really into the party scene, the traditional bad Indian haircut, not really super stylish. When I met this cat through a friend it was to buy some green. My buddy told me he's an Indian kid and I tougt it was odd, had a picture in my head of the kids I went to school with. This kid has a nice sharp haircut, good style, drove a nice luxury car.

I think its more about how you carry yourself. if your a cool cat your a cool cat whether your name is sandeesh or geno or joey. you creat the perception of your name. if yoru a cool dude people will probably associate your name with cool shit

I've always thought that your NAME that you're given can define you the rest of your life and yet you didn't get to decide it.

If you have a 'cooler' middle name than your first name, than go by your middle, etc.

Or simply change your name. It's a simple legal procedure and then you control your name.

I was born with a good first name, but generally go by my middle name (even on here, my blog etc), because I like it more and to be honest, I get a better response from people including girls of course.

Roosh gets laid all the time no. I am sure he goes by this name, and I doubt he'd have any problems.

Quote: (06-02-2014 11:19 PM)GenghisKhan Wrote:  

Roosh gets laid all the time no. I am sure he goes by this name, and I doubt he'd have any problems.

That's not his real name. Not going to post it here but you can find it.

I don't go by my real (Indian) name in the States. In India, its a really cool name and doesn't hurt my game. In America, its a very Indian name and hurts my game. I either shorten it or go by the Americanized version. (Example - If my name was Sandeep, my nickname would be Sandy and my Americanized name would be something on the lines of Sanford).

Remember - The most beautiful women in any country will prefer to sleep with someone who is culturally similar.

When in Rome, do as the Romans do

Here is some food for thought. Do parents deliberately give their kids ethnic names to cockblock (or pussyblock) them from dating people from other nationalities or races?

I've seen some of the names Indian boys get, and I think it's a deliberate attempt to keep the kids on the farm, so to speak. Same with Jewish names, to a lesser degree. Also the names of urban blacks might have this effect, too. I remember dating a black girl named Danielle and wondering if one reason she was able to move between racial crowds so easily is she had a much more American name than her friends (Zanita, Zena, etc.).

If nothing else, this should give the guys here reason to think carefully before naming their kids, esp. boys. And speaking of "guys," that was supposed to be my first name, "Guy," if my dad had his gotten way. Luckily, he didn't. I've spoken on here about how he used to cockblock me in high school but that name might have cockblocked me from the get-go.

Not only is Roosh not his name, but I always thought he went by "Burt".

Maybe its different now, have not really been following his blog this year.

Knew an Indian dude named Hardik. It's hard to get laid if you introduce yourself to every woman as "hard dick".

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

I introduce myself to people by a 'latinised' version of my real name. When people ask, I just say it's a nickname because people struggle with my real name (which is true).

Quote: (06-03-2014 12:18 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

Here is some food for thought. Do parents deliberately give their kids ethnic names to cockblock (or pussyblock) them from dating people from other nationalities or races?
Interesting point. If they're not Western-born, obviously doubtful. If they are, I think it's more out of reverence for their heritage than anything -- though that in itself is a huge cause of the whole marrying/dating-within-your-race hangup.

Not hugely pertinent to East Asians (AFAIK) but given names can also be huge signifers of class/caste. Certain cultures do pass down names indicating an occupational background the family might've had and it sticks as a mark of honour.

Remember that it's a Catch-22 in that their favouring a Western name for career purposes -- these ethnicities being more work-oriented as a matter of course. We're not as hung up on names and jobs here though.

It's funny thinking about it -- I have a feeling that those races most likely to retain ethnic names among their children would be inversely proportional to their success with Western women. Case in point, Middle-Eastern races are least likely to give their kids Western names, yet are less likely to be endogamous. South-Asians would be somewhere in the middle; not very likely to give their children Anglo names either but do slightly worse with Western women. East and South-east Asians tend to most often adopt Western names yet remain most endogamous, notwithstanding a male-female marrying discrepancy.

Mind you, most Hong Kongers and Macanese are given English names at birth, but many of them are instant cockblocks in themselves. Poor kids.

We're also referring to non-European names aren't we? I wouldn't think introducing yourself as Jean-Pierre, Sven or Slavko would have you instantly rejected Stateside.

Lastly I think the whole ethnic name thing is vastly prejudiced against guys then girls.

Quote: (06-03-2014 12:18 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

If nothing else, this should give the guys here reason to think carefully before naming their kids, esp. boys. And speaking of "guys," that was supposed to be my first name, "Guy," if my dad had his gotten way. Luckily, he didn't. I've spoken on here about how he used to cockblock me in high school but that name might have cockblocked me from the get-go.
Believe me, I've heard far more compromising Anglo given names than Guy.

One thing I've always wondered is why so many Asian parents from certain backgrounds always give their children European names to use on top of their legal Asian names. Most Asians where I'm at are ethnic Chinese or Vietnamese so I'm mainly talking about them, it's practically universal for them.

My first name is a common curry name and it's never hurt me, that said it is pretty easy to pronounce. Often times girls (ONLY ever white girls) will compliment me on my name when I tell them. I'm not actually sure why since it's a pretty ordinary name for my background, maybe they're just trying to flirt. A group of SWPLy girls JWLZG introduced me to were actually raving about my name one night, it was like they were fetishizing it, sometimes it pays not be a white man [Image: tongue.gif]

Interestingly my European last name is much more uncommon here (it's unmistakably non Anglo-Saxon) yet people never say or ask anything about that...

I don't think having an ethnic name is a problem game wise. The girls who will be turned off by an ethnic name are already turned off by your race anyway so unless your called Hardik Shittal or Ti Nee Kwok your name itself won't ever come into play.

Also like we all should I usually don't tell girls my name until they ask me first (a classic "IOI") so it's not even a factor until they're already interested.

For me it helps. In some countries I have to use a different name because it's annoying listening to people having a hard time saying my name.

In Thailand, China and other Asian countries where they can't say "R" I use a different tactic.
As soon I have to deal with some hustlers, sellers or unwanted girls I always tell them that my name is " Rodriguez"

Now imagine how this will sound from a person who can't say " R".
Usually they try to pronounce it a few times but they quickly realises it sounds like shit.
They they lose their face and they'll most likely leave me alone.

Almost always works.

Lol. My wing and mentor is Asian and most of the time he sleeps with girls multiple times before they learn each other's name [Image: tongue.gif]

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

I like the parental cockblock theory. I find it to be true. My mother purposefully gave me an American name instead of a deeply ethnic one because their plans were to come to the US. She wanted me to fit in and be successful in the new environment.

Team Nachos

Unless your from the Middle East with a name like Jihad, Osama, or Saddam, or from Europe with a name like Adolf, you're probably fine.

Quote: (06-03-2014 04:50 AM)Deluge Wrote:  

Often times girls (ONLY ever white girls) will compliment me on my name when I tell them. I'm not actually sure why since it's a pretty ordinary name for my background, maybe they're just trying to flirt. A group of SWPLy girls JWLZG introduced me to were actually raving about my name one night, it was like they were fetishizing it, sometimes it pays not be a white man [Image: tongue.gif]

Haha, I remember thinking the Indian Race Troll would've wept bitter tears at the sight. SWPL types have such an ethnic weakness, if not for the accent and their culture messing up their way of thinking, South Asians barely need game to leverage off that.

It's from the Onion so mostly a joke, though I find many Asians with traditionally 'white' names like in the chart.
[Image: 700.jpg]

When you say Americanizing your name..don't you mean anglicizing it? And since America is a melting pot, if your swag is high...won't you eventually make your name popular? It's all about how you promote yourself.

If she finds you sexy, then there's not much you can do to turn off..including having an 'Indian' name. If it bothers you that much, you can introduce yourself with a nickname like Chet or Chaz and then reveal your real name when you get the bang.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (06-03-2014 08:47 AM)Moma Wrote:  

When you say Americanizing your name..don't you mean anglicizing it?

The Anglos invented it. But the Americans perfected it [Image: lol.gif]

[Image: american.gif]

Team Nachos

Quote: (06-03-2014 07:49 AM)JWLZG Wrote:  

Quote: (06-03-2014 04:50 AM)Deluge Wrote:  

Often times girls (ONLY ever white girls) will compliment me on my name when I tell them. I'm not actually sure why since it's a pretty ordinary name for my background, maybe they're just trying to flirt. A group of SWPLy girls JWLZG introduced me to were actually raving about my name one night, it was like they were fetishizing it, sometimes it pays not be a white man [Image: tongue.gif]

Haha, I remember thinking the Indian Race Troll would've wept bitter tears at the sight. SWPL types have such an ethnic weakness, if not for the accent and their culture messing up their way of thinking, South Asians barely need game to leverage off that.

The connection to eastern spirituality etc. (and yoga...) might be part of it, but it's not just for brown guys it's all races dude. Asian, brown, black; SWPL girls downunder (and Melbourne especially) love all kinds of dick, and they don't get many good opportunities to indulge in it for various reasons (lack of game/coolness for the former two, rarity for the later), so they jump on the chances/cocks they do get. I'm 99% certain my race was the main reason why this one northside musician hottie eventually invited me inside her place to fuck me after the 1st date, I'm sure IRT would have an aneurysm if he saw that.

Haha

I actually like introducing myself to girls I'm flirting with by some preposterous aristocratic name like "Sir Harlington Ponsonby-Smythe the Third" and sometimes make a story up about an aristocratic family. lol

Another interesting observation - black American guys with ethnic names (Antwan, Keshawn, etc.) are less likely to date/ bang non-black girls than black guys with "white" names (Michael, Fred etc.).

Is this because of the name itself (makes the girl perceive the guy as ghetto) or because ghetto parents give their kids black names?

*Not trying to race-troll. Just interesting that black Americans, who are more integrated into American society than most Asians, may have the same issue with ethnic names.

Slightly unrelated but Bobby Jindal wouldn't be Governor if he went by Piyush (his real name).