rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Pimp your Pad

Pimp your Pad

Not sure if this is the right section, but I recently moved in to a new pad, and it looks pretty boring right now, mostly white paint and I don't have any paintings, posters or ornaments here yet. Most chicks who come here don't seem to say anything about it but I had this one chick who could tell that I just recently moved in here. I asked her how she could tell and she said because it looked so empty and boring. She asked me when I was gonna pimp my crib.

I do want to pimp my crib, but I have no real inspiration right now. During my younger days I would just put some posters of my favorite videogames, movies, TV series and/or posters of my favorite painters (Van Gogh, Dali and DaVinci) on the wall, but obviously being 25 those days are behind me and I now want something more classy or stylish.

So I was wondering if you guys have done anything to your pad to make it look cool and appealing. Have you done anything special or out of the ordinary to make your pad stylish and different from other people's pads? Do you have any good ideas for me to pimp my pad to make it look like a more appealing place?

Pimp your Pad

I'm interested in a topic on this as well, but this probably belongs in the lifestyle section.

Pimp your Pad

This thread had some potential.

Pimp your Pad

At 25 posters need to go. You can find some nice reprints on canvas on line and staple them to a wooden frame which is what I did. I have a charcoal drawing from Casablanca and a black and white silhouette of a scene from A Clockwork Orange. Just look around online and find shit that appeals to you. If you can paint even one wall do that as well. I have my bedroom painted a dark red with creme ceiling. Looks like a New Orleans whorehouse.

So in summation look at some paint colors, some art that appeals to you and find some interesting statues or random pieces to decorate with. If you travel youll pick up things here and there in antique shops or whatever. It takes time but definitely gives your place some character. No broad wants to bang Travis Bickle, sitting in a studio apartment with a TV sitting in a single chair.

Pimp your Pad

Search for terms related to bachelor pad or apartment and continue the discussion on those threads, as this is most likely a triple dupe.

Pimp your Pad

I have a few floor lamps. The outlet they're connected to is tied to a switch in my living room. I replaced it with a switch/dimmer combo so I can dim the floor lamps. Just have to use regular bulbs instead of energy efficiency florescent ones. They don't work with dimmers. They flicker and burn out.

If you want to get fancy gets some Lutron dimmers. They come with an IR remote.

Hang some curtains too. Do two layers. One layer should be a light transparent material. The other should be dark and opaque when you want some privacy.

Team Nachos

Pimp your Pad

Quote: (05-25-2014 06:47 PM)Laner Wrote:  

Definitely check out the other thread, but another thing that is definitely big pimpin:

http://www.amazon.com/Etekcity%C2%AE-Lea...t+switches

Have a lot of lamps around, then turn em off one by one till you get the right ambience.

Pimp your Pad

I just recently bought a bunch of wood crates from home depot and I have them stacked up to create a bookshelf. I have a lot of books.

I subscribe to a minimalist style of decoration otherwise. I do like lamps, so do women. Candles are great as well. I have some pictures of cool things I've done and some old friends.

In the past I've refurbished some vintage furniture. I had a really cool dresser that I completely stripped and stained deep cherry topped with a mirror finish.

Pimp your Pad

I've written on this subject:

http://www.returnofkings.com/5465/5-bach...essentials

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Pimp your Pad

Unless your planning on staying there a while I wouldn't go all out spending money on furniture, its a pain in the ass and expensive to store or move. Even something as simple as a few accent walls in each room will make a world of difference and cost almost nothing.

Again unless you plan on being there for a while you can get some pretty decent stuf cheap at ikea.

I guess really depends on what your going for. Do you want a leather and wood kinda rat pack old school masculine kinda look or a modern look.

I like to pickup cool artwork on my travels. Just recently got back from MExico and got a super nice painting of a sunet with a guy walking with a donkey and a dog. Its on 3 seperate canvases takes up a good portion of a whole wall. Was $95 which is expensive compared to alot of art you can get in places but pretty cheap in the grand scheme of things considering how much people pay for art. This way it also has a story behind ita nd a meaning as opposed to oh ya Ijust grabbed it at ikea cuz it looked cool.

Pimp your Pad

Riding off JB....Craigslist is your friend!

I have profited off of furniture. Haggle the seller down, clean it up, and then flip it to someone else on Craigslist.

Be patient, look around, go to garage sales, and find some quality shit. And if you're a young guy...don't put too much thought into it. If girls are at your house, you're pretty much done.

Pimp your Pad

i just completely redecorated my pad. my living room looks completely different. some new furniture, guitars mounted on wall, better artwork in a better layout, new home bar (converted from a corner computer desk).

looks sick. I used to rarely hang out in my living room, but its alot more cozy now.

just had a regular come by. she said she was shocked at much more "warm and inviting" it was.

job well done. pimp pad with pimp logistics, gonna be a fun summer.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Pimp your Pad

I'll only be staying for 4-5 years and then I'm gonna move again.

I've decided to get some RGB led-strips to install at cool places. I'll place one strip behind my bed, one behind my desk and maybe some strips at the bottom of my walls. I'll be able to control the light and color of the light with a remote control. Should be pretty sweet and trendy and it didn't cost me too much.

I also decided to get my electric guitar and amp to my new pad. It was collecting dust at my parents' place as I haven't had much time to really play the guitar these days, but I figured it would look cool in my new pad (it's a sexy Ibanez guitar with a Roland amp). It gives the chick something to talk about and then I can tell her some interesting stories from the time when I played in a (reasonably successful) heavy metal band.

I also got these for on the wall:
http://cdn.acfrg.com/i/0_0_fit_ffffff__p...08-emp.jpg
http://cdn.acfrg.com/i/0_0_fit_ffffff__p...09-emp.jpg
http://cdn.acfrg.com/i/0_0_fit_ffffff__p...06-emp.jpg

I love Game of Thrones and I thought those portraits looked pretty slick. They look stylish and way better than just a bunch of regular posters taped on the wall.

Pimp your Pad

@ Calicoat

I like the first two pics.

I went with a new theme of masculine art.

One is a nice canvas watercolor of clint eastwood in dirty harry.
Another one of johnny cash giving the middle finger
one of the new york city skyline

those are the big ones. I have a few black and whites framed of photos i took personally. Just about anything looks classy in black and white and its a great conversation piece

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Pimp your Pad

You can get a lot of good ideas from a magazine called Dwell and also apartmenttherapy.com has some masculine ideas occassionally as well (use search). Dwell's the shit - just wish I had the warchest for that.

Pimp your Pad

art.com has some nice framed prints. Be sure to use their coupon codes.

Pimp your Pad

Quote: (05-26-2014 08:09 PM)eradicator Wrote:  

Awesome!

Where can I get these coupon codes?

Pimp your Pad

I'm in the process of getting my room together and I built a couple of pendant lights with those exposed filament type bulds that hange by my bed that have gotten good reviews. The cord, bulbs, and fittings cost about $150 for two since I had to use 30' for each light as the plug that is tied to my light switch is on the other side of the room. All the material came from the colorcord.com. I'm also getting a couple of paintings by Leonid Afremov (very vibrant and emotive oils done with a palette knife), one came from his website, the other is coming from eBay. I would definitely recommend eBay for limited edition and original works as a lot of people don't necessarily know what they're selling and you can pick it up for pennies on the dollar. I paid about $200 for the originals of works that are sold as reprints, posters, etc. for $50 minimum.

Pimp your Pad

Quote: (05-26-2014 10:20 PM)Mr. Calicoat Wrote:  

Quote: (05-26-2014 08:09 PM)eradicator Wrote:  

Awesome!

Where can I get these coupon codes?

seriously? Just go to their website, they usually list either a 25% off or sometimes 25% off with free ship during holidays.

Ends: 5/26/2014 midnight pacific 40% off all orders use code mfa792

for the memorial day code.

Pimp your Pad

I use houzz.com for inspiration. The trick is not to copy exactly what you see. But rather take elements that you like from different pads give your own twist to it and then put them together.

Quote: (11-15-2014 08:53 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
But guys, the fight itself isn't the focus here. How the whole thing was instigated by 1 girl is the big deal.

Pimp your Pad

Yeah, dont pick out a bunch of classic painting either. You dont want you place to look like a dentists office. This is where becoming a more interesting person comes into play. You dont have to become a total artfag but do some research and look around and find some new stuff that appeals to you. I like a guy named Brian Viveros for instance. Although I wouldnt deck my place out in all his work. Mix it up.

Pimp your Pad

I'm in the same boat. I have a very small room I'm about to furnish, ~8.5' x 10.5'.

Given the room size, I have to go spartan. Furniture layout is key.

I'm using Google's SketchUp, a free CAD software package. An architect fb told me that although AutoCAD is still currently the industry standard, no one that's not an architect really uses it anymore, as free software does the job well across all platforms.

If for whatever reason you're against Google, here are 5 free CAD packages. You can go ape shit and do shit like like this:

[Image: google_skech.jpg]

or you can use it for very simple designs/floor plans, just to get the layout and measurements right, like I'm currently doing:

[Image: 9547-sketchup-sample-floor-plan.jpg]

Pimp your Pad

Quote: (05-27-2014 02:26 AM)Classic Cool Wrote:  

Yeah, dont pick out a bunch of classic painting either. You dont want you place to look like a dentists office. This is where becoming a more interesting person comes into play. You dont have to become a total artfag but do some research and look around and find some new stuff that appeals to you. I like a guy named Brian Viveros for instance. Although I wouldnt deck my place out in all his work. Mix it up.

Hey, easy there. I so happen to like classical art and I'm actually a (digital) artist myself. So don't be hating on the art/artists bro. [Image: wink.gif]

But I get what you mean though. I want my pad to reflect the sophisticated person I am, but I obviously don't want my pad to look like it belongs to a 50 years old therapist, because that's not who I am.

Pimp your Pad

Quote: (05-25-2014 06:47 PM)Laner Wrote:  

Yea, this thread is essentially a dupe. From the thread Laner linked, a great post by WIA:

Quote: (10-03-2013 05:49 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Bathroom
- keep your bathroom SURGICALLY CLEAN - before you fuck her, she's going to go in there and do whatever broads do before the 1st fuck.
- stock shit that you might not need, but she might - toothbrush, lens cleaners, hella toilet paper

Living room
- a couch that you can fuck on
- a throw blanket over the couch, so you can toss it over her, snuggle up - which can set "nature into motion" and give her plausible deniability
- a TV with netflix or on demand movies or a dvd player - you need a reason to sit down on the couch, chat, and drink wine
- liquor - you'll have to buy stuff that you like, and stuff that she likes. Often they aren't the same thing

Bedroom
- cheap mattress is fine, good sheets and pillows are non-negotiable. And if you value your sleep, rest, and workouts - get a good mattress

Kitchen
- have the standards - pots, pans, plates, silverware
- keep food in your fridge
- keep your kitchen SPOTLESS - remember she's going to be making you eggs in the morning

Game Tweaks
- NO CLOCKS ANYWHERE. That SHINING RED 2:23 AM is going to remind her that she needs to leave, so she can relieve her baby sitter, go to work, wake up her husband in the morning.

- Keep your shoes by the door, so that she gets in the habit of taking off her shoes. (once she starts there, everything is easier)

- Condoms EVERYWHERE

- Keep your whole spot smelling good - i.e. your work out clothes need to not be stanking up your room. Scented Candles, bake some chocolate chip cookies before you roll, bread...something to flavor the air.

- Candles and Incense + Music are not a bad idea.
- Art on the wall helps

On the fence
- the picture of your wife/S.O - jury is out
- a closet full of women's clothes - jury is out
- random female paraphernalia just lying around - jury is out

As for the overall look, start following interior decoration, architecture, and men's wear tumblrs. You'll get plenty of ideas on what you want your spot to look like.

WIA

Pimp your Pad

Quote: (05-27-2014 02:26 AM)Classic Cool Wrote:  

1xrun.com has cool stuff. gotta be quick tho!