rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

New music genre - NewRetroWave

My favourite music in recent months has being in NewRetroWave.

NewRetroWave is a bunch of modern bands who are trying to capture the sounds of the mid 80s. It is a lovely mixture of nostalgia and electronic eighties music. Think GTA Vice City.

Anyway - I sense this is what the hipsters were into a couple of years ago. But I have only recently come across it. I would be interested in hearing what others think about this new retro genre of music?

And here are some songs I have really being digging from this area of music.

Remember these songs are all modern - but deliberately created to sound like unknown hits from the eighties.

I am so glad this genre exists!

[Image: giphy.gif]

Maybe we can dump some classic 80's songs in here as well?

Agreed. The background photos that accompany them are generally pretty cool too:

Lol @ Cardguy for just catching on. This stuff has been going on for awhile now. I'm a fan too.

This went semi-viral a year ago.

It is a mash up of clips from 80s music videos, TV shows, films and commercials.

It is quite hypnotic to watch it whilst listening to some NewRetroWave:

@speakeasy - yeah I am always late to the latest trends.

Cardguy

PS PM me if you want to follow me on MySpace!

Is this newretrowave?

I'd like to find more stuff like this.

Quote: (05-08-2014 09:16 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

This went semi-viral a year ago.

It is a mash up of clips from 80s music videos, TV shows, films and commercials.

It is quite hypnotic to watch it whilst listening to some NewRetroWave:

Did you see the prequel to that? Skinemax:

Pulled a lot of good tracks off of that - if you like NewRetroWave you'd prolly like the tracks on here too

Quote: (05-08-2014 09:23 PM)Collide Wrote:  

Is this newretrowave?

I'd like to find more stuff like this.

Pretty much. There's a channel on Spotify called American Hipster. Has tons of music like this.

Even tho the first song is a remake, its the shit. I highly recommend watching the video at least once. Also props for someone putting some Empire of the sun on the forum!

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

I've been searching for music like this all over, I had no idea it was a genre.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

People been doing this since the end of the 1990s. Nothing innovative about it really. Some of it is ok.

This movement has been around for a while, yeah, but it's getting pretty popular at the moment.

If you want stuff like this but without vocals, I highly suggest Miami Nights 1984.

Lazerhawk is making some fantastic music, too.

Perturbator makes music with the same synthy feeling, but a bit darker. Like something out of a cyberpunk movie. Killer album art as well.

I'm sure the Korg company likes this trend.

It's generally danceable, girls like it, and it's not rap/hip-hop. High marks all around.

Quote: (05-08-2014 11:55 PM)soup Wrote:  

People been doing this since the end of the 1990s. Nothing innovative about it really. Some of it is ok.

Dude you're not doing your Hipster stereotype any favours when you immediately drop negative comments on both this thread and 2Wycked's 70's music thread.

Just share some tracks you're feeling instead of acting like a Music Prestige Troll.

It doesn't always have to be about a critical review or "been there, done that".

I didn't say it was bad, just not new.

If you like this type of music, you'll like most of the Drive soundtrack.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

I like to think this is G Manifesto's theme song when he's in Miami:

I thought this was popularised by the Drive soundtrack a few years back? I like it.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

[Image: wb2.gif]

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Good thread idea, there's bunch of overlapping sub-genres now all putting out lots of great 80's inspired beats.

Some channels with lots of video examples:

https://www.youtube.com/user/ManiacSynth/videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/NewRetroWave/videos

And some personal favourites, with a similar vibe: