rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Woman posts about ‘Happy’ song on Facebook seconds before driving into a truck

http://myfox8.com/2014/04/25/woman-poste...-85-crash/

Quote:Quote:

Investigators believe a driver was posting to Facebook seconds before she crashed and died.

The wreck happened Thursday morning on Business 85 in High Point. Investigators say 32-year-old Courtney Ann Sanford crossed the median and crashed head-on into
a truck.

“In a matter of seconds, a life was over just so she could notify some friends that she was happy,” says Weisner.

As investigators were tracing back Sanford’s online activity, they discovered she was also posting selfies as she drove down the road.

[Image: gZH1pyP.gif]

Sad, but other than being extremely reckless, it sure demolishes the claim that women are good at multitasking!

p.s. love the gif [Image: tongue.gif]

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

The other day I saw a lady driving down the road with her phone outside the window as she leaned her head out and taking selfies. Her dog was on the verge of jumping out too.

It sounds harsh, but I don't have a lot of sympathy for this behavior.

"Get off the mutherfucking phones while driving!"

Why doesn't Samuel L. Jackson do a PSA for that instead of ObamaCare?

Does this count as suicide?

She had to know the dangers of cell phone usage while driving and she was traveling in traffic at a high rate of speed.

Can willful disregard of clear danger to the self be considered suicide?

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

I don't suppose the people's who were stuck in traffic for hours because of her stupidity were very HAPPY.

I've never taken a selfie and never have the urge to text when I'm driving. I don't get it.

Plus she was 32. Acting like a fucking teenager.

Not to sound crass, but it's lucky she hit a truck instead of another sedan.

I have no respect for people who use their phones when driving. It's irresponsible and selfish. Like Heypete posted above, I'm glad she hit a truck instead of another sedan. If somebody was using their phone while driving and hit someone I cared about, I'd probably beat them with their phone. Now I'm upset [Image: dodgy.gif]

Founding Member of TEAM DOUBLE WRAPPED CONDOMS

[Image: x82R9gJ.gif]

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Idiots like this are why I ride my motorcycle at the track, instead of on public roads. Because I'm not interested in ending up dead or paralyzed on my motorcycle because some b*tch was busy posting "selfies."

It's funny, back in the 90s and before, I could tell when someone was driving drunk. But these days I generally pull up next to them and see that their erratic driving is because they're too busy texting/posting-to-fb/playing on their damn phone to pay attention to the road.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Seemed like a good excuse to introduce this gif to the forum.

This is a very sad story, but it highlights something very important:

We've now gotten to the point where social validation via online social media is more important than one's personal safety.

Sad story.
While reading this thread Alanis Morrisettes's song "Ironic" came into my mind.
Isn't Ironic, don't you think?

Her pussy tastes like Pepsi Cola...

At least she was the only one who paid the price for her stupidity. It would be a shame had she killed someone else because of this.

Quote: (04-26-2014 06:49 AM)Biologist Wrote:  

We've now gotten to the point where social validation via online social media is more important than one's personal safety.

What's funny is I sometimes think about how ridiculous the whole idea of "selfies" would have been when I was a teenager and there were no digital cameras. To do what people do now back then you would have to drag around your stack of photos with you just so you could pull them out whenever your friends were around.

"This is me in the bathroom taking a picture of myself in the mirror."

*Pulls next photo out of pocket*

"This is me driving my car."

*Pulls next photo out of pocket*

"This is me at the gym."

etc.

People would have thought it the height of narcissism that you took the time to drag your 35mm camera into the bathroom with you, to the gym, etc., just to take photos of yourself, which you then took the time to get developed at PhotoHut. All because you believed other people were dying to see your stack of pictures of you doing the most mundane sh*t.

[Image: idXCAU9XV2Qhf.gif]

I'm curious if hamster friendly online "news" outlets will publish this story. Something tells me the reality of her death might be percieved as "she got what she deserved" and upset the sensitive readers.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

A girl got smoked by a truck last year here in Toronto while she had her head down texting on her phone. The news ran sob stories on her but kept the fact she was distracted by her phone at a minimum in the story or left it out.

It is a sadistic in nature to gloat at this. But strait up... Fuck it.

Nature wins in weeding out useless bitches whom get distracted by toyish gadgets while operating cars. This is the type of women whom would leave the baby in the sink for bath time with the water running to go and run and answer the phone or some shit.

^ I'm not going to gloat because I've done this type of shit too. Maybe not making a shout about how happy I am, but sending texts and what-not. And talking on the cell before they started imposing big fines.

Fuck, in Southeast Asia I've even fallen into the local habit of talking on the cell phone (once with two passengers) while on a motorbike.

I have learned better over the years, thanks to stories like this.

But we all make dumb split-second decisions sometimes.

All that said, I think sugar-coating it or hiding the truth when these things happen is extremely dangerous. This problem needs more exposure, not less, if we ever want people to get the message.

It's going to get worse before it gets better, and educating people (especially our youth) about this shit is vital.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

I have to confess, when I first got my smartphone I was one of those morons. One day I hit a curb and messed up both front tires and bent the rims texting while driving. I was lucky that the only thing that was damaged was my own car and I didn't hit somebody else. I was also the person that walks around with the phone 2 feet in front of their face like a zombie, and when I was hanging out with other people, I would be rude and carry on extended texting conversations. There's just something about these devices that is addicting and induces compulsiveness. After hitting that curb, it was a pretty sobering wakeup call of how badly I had succumbed to smartphone/social media addiction.

I leave the phone now in the center console. If I need to look up an address on google maps, I wait till I'm at a stoplight or I pull over. I also try to keep my phone in my pocket as much as possible and not rely on it to entertain me when I'm bored. It's a tool, not an entertainment console.

It's funny how stupid everybody else looks constantly glued to their phones once you put yours away.

If we try hard enough lads, we can still make it the fault of the truck driver. Maybe even get a rape claim in.

@MattC
If there were a female driver instead of some dirty, rapey, reckless man leading the truck she might have been still alive now, I blame the patriarachy for these"
-Said some American feminist

Her pussy tastes like Pepsi Cola...

Quote: (04-26-2014 06:49 AM)Biologist Wrote:  

Fuck it is gotten to the point where an attention whore's need for social validation is more important than other people's safety. I don't care if she died - natural selection at work. But it concerns me that once again people are making other people responsible for an idiot's life.

In other words, there was more pressure on the truck driver to try to deal with an idiot's unexpected behavior. Obviously, the truck driver failed because the accident occurred. But, I bet that guy while dealing with all the information around him (cars ahead, cars to the side, speed limit, cops etc) never expected to have a chick swerve head on into him.

It is like in LA where people at crosswalks, they are so busy texting and not noticing the walk the light has turned white. As a driver, you have to figure out what the fuck that person is going to do if you want to turn right. What usually happens is as I soon as I want to make the turn, the idiot lunges forward without looking for cars.

So many people willingly turn their safety over to strangers. Don't be that idiot. Pay attention.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

This guy was texting and driving while I was at a Go kart track last week. I could have spun him out but I was laughing too much.

Anyways, that song has been playing non stop on th radio for what seems like a year now. If radio stations weren't so repetitive this woman would still be alivem

[Image: thank-you-based-god-o.gif]

I hope this tragedy saves other lives (and approaches).

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

1. Some wise-ass psychologist will create a "disorder" or "condition" excusing the behavior. It will be called something like: Social Media Compulsive Disorder (SMeCDi), Smartphone Addiction Syndrome (SAS), or something similar.

2. Dr Drew Pinsky will add this disorder to his offered therapies in his clinics. Reality therapy cable shows to follow.

3. Phone companies will get sued for "making it too easy to take selfies" and "not warning me about spending too much time on my smartphone". Smartphones will now need to get disclaimers and warnings inscribed on them.

4. Imperial apologist Thomas Friedman's new book on why the world is now "flatter" than ever will drone on about how great smartphones are, and how much we need them.

And the beat goes on....

Quote: (04-26-2014 01:10 PM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

1. Some wise-ass psychologist will create a "disorder" or "condition" excusing the behavior. It will be called something like: Social Media Compulsive Disorder (SMeCDi), Smartphone Addiction Syndrome (SAS), or something similar.

2. Dr Drew Pinsky will add this disorder to his offered therapies in his clinics. Reality therapy cable shows to follow.

3. Phone companies will get sued for "making it too easy to take selfies" and "not warning me about spending too much time on my smartphone". Smartphones will now need to get disclaimers and warnings inscribed on them.

4. Imperial apologist Thomas Friedman's new book on why the world is now "flatter" than ever will drone on about how great smartphones are, and how much we need them.

And the beat goes on....

It's disturbing how likely this is to happen